PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Re-Match at No Way Out

Xero
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4102960

This past December, four tag teams tore the house down at Armageddon in a thrilling Four Way Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. At No Way Out, they will attempt to do it again, as Paul London & Brian Kendrick will once again face MNM, The Hardys and William Regal & Dave Taylor in a Ladder Match.

London & Kendrick survived the first encounter with their gold intact, even though they didn’t know they would be doing so in such an environment. They were originally slated to face Regal & Taylor in a standard tag team match, but SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long added MNM and The Hardys and the Ladder Match stipulation mere moments before the bout began.

It was also in that match where Joey Mercury suffered the severe facial injuries that require him to wear a protective mask. That incident only escalated the Hardys/MNM rivalry, as they met at the Royal Rumble and Mercury has been after Matt Hardy nearly every week on SmackDown since his return.

This time, all four teams know the stakes, the stipulations and the opponents going in. Will London & Kendrick once again prove that they are the dominant tag team on SmackDown, or will one of the challengers step up to the plate and pull the gold down from the ceiling of the Staples Center on Feb. 18?

From WWE.com.

Caged Heat18
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't know, the original match was pretty good, but I'm not sure it really called for a rematch. I think it will be a pretty solid match though, so maybe with a couple more good looking matches, I may order this show.

SammyG
02-06-2007, 09:58 PM
awesome

Corkscrewed
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Perfect opportunity for Joey Mercury to permanently become Kane Jr.

The Optimist
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
FUCK. STOP DOING THIS. If you can't book a team or wrestler then leave them off the card. Don't stick them in a re-hash of a cluster. I know the match will be exciting but this "booking" is sub-par. Several people have fueds to continue or in any extent something else to do. (Both Hardys, Nitro at the least)

RGWhat316
02-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hard to top the original, but they should put Deuce and Domino in it instead of Regal and Taylor.

St. Jimmy
02-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Alienoid is masturbating.

Rammsteinmad
02-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Looks good to me. I'm sure they'll do different things in this match than their last one, so this should be good.

Londoner
02-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Well since No Way out is free over here im not complaining.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Halle-motherfucking-lujah!

This match should be used to get London & Kendrick over as the great tag team they can be. They have a program developing on SmackDown! with Deuce N' Domino, and you could have them get involved, but I think it is blowing their load. Let those teams go at it at WrestleMania, with London & Kendrick retaining there. Have them go a full year as Tag Champs.

Regal & Taylor don't need the belts, nor do The Hardys. There is really nowhere for The Hardys and MNM to go post-No Way Out, unless they're all in Money in the Bank. MNM could win it, and re-form on SmackDown!, but meh, I think they're doing alright as they are.

The WWE would be foolish to take the belts off London & Kendrick, no matter how much The One hates them. ;)

Fox
02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
I wonder if they'll still have money in the bank at WrestleMania? Doesn't seem like a WWE move to book two multiple man ladder matches on back to back PPV's.

Caged Heat18
02-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I honestly thought they would have saved this type of match for Wrestlemania, but I guess not.

The Ravishing One
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Well since No Way out is free over here im not complaining.

Afterlife
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Once again, this match is going to trump the main event.

Londoner
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I honestly thought they would have saved this type of match for Wrestlemania, but I guess not.

They already hav MITB for WM, they don't need two ladder matches on one show.

Jeritron
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Sure its a rehash, but so weren't all the TLC matches and just about any other successful match.

It'll be good.

Corkscrewed
02-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I wonder if they'll still have money in the bank at WrestleMania? Doesn't seem like a WWE move to book two multiple man ladder matches on back to back PPV's.
Wouldn't have thought they'd have a TLC match and a HIAC match on the same PPV either, but that didn't stop Unforgiven.

Gertner
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
This should be pretty good. I agree though, Deuce and Domino or at the very least Stevens and James should be in instead of Taylor and Regal.

The Optimist
02-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Halle-motherfucking-lujah!

This match should be used to get London & Kendrick over as the great tag team they can be. They have a program developing on SmackDown! with Deuce N' Domino, and you could have them get involved, but I think it is blowing their load. Let those teams go at it at WrestleMania, with London & Kendrick retaining there. Have them go a full year as Tag Champs.

Regal & Taylor don't need the belts, nor do The Hardys. There is really nowhere for The Hardys and MNM to go post-No Way Out, unless they're all in Money in the Bank. MNM could win it, and re-form on SmackDown!, but meh, I think they're doing alright as they are.

The WWE would be foolish to take the belts off London & Kendrick, no matter how much The One hates them. ;)
Sigh. That's why this match is so useless, none of the three teams besides L&K have any need to win, but if this match was going to put them over it would have done that the last time. They should have just left Taylor and Regal out of this, maybe even M&N.

I think it'd be much easier to declare L&K "over" if they straight beat the Hardy's at a ladder match.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Sigh. That's why this match is so useless, none of the three teams besides L&K have any need to win, but if this match was going to put them over it would have done that the last time. They should have just left Taylor and Regal out of this, maybe even M&N.

I think it'd be much easier to declare L&K "over" if they straight beat the Hardy's at a ladder match.

The WWE fucked up the aftermath of the Ladder Match, at least for London & Kendrick. There was hardly any mention of their victory, and they didn't even get a chance to cut a promo. Winning the same match again will make it look less flukey.

Beating The Hardys would be a nice little victory, but you also have to get London & Kendrick over with the crowd. That may not happen against Matt and Jeff. MNM and Regal & Taylor are two credible(ish in the case of Regal & Taylor) heel teams for London & Kendrick to beat.

I'd like to see PL & BK actually do some cool shit in this match, take the chains off for once. It'd be awesome to see Paul hit the London Calling off a ladder, and a few flips off ladders to guys on the floor. Come on, WWE, you want to get them over, let them do awesome shit.

I'm paranoid the WWE is going to fuck this up and have MNM or The Hardys win. They don't need the victory. They are both established teams, and can easily develop programs for WrestleMania on their own. Put London & Kendrick over, and then have them face The World's Greatest Tag Team in a Champions vs. Champions Match at Mania. What a sweet opener that would be...:drool:

Skippord
02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Joey better avoid getting Laddersmacked

Jeritron
02-07-2007, 11:34 PM
He could have the same defect pitchers have in their follow through after getting cracked in the face with a lind drive.

It means they're not as good because they're scared.

Afterlife
02-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Joey better avoid getting Laddersmacked

I was thinking the same thing...

...on the nose. :shifty:

The Optimist
02-08-2007, 11:34 PM
the WWE is going to fuck this up:y:

Xero
02-12-2007, 09:45 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/4121642

Proving truth to the old adage that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, Deuce & Domino have secured a match for the WWE Tag Team Championship at No Way Out.

After two weeks of successfully defeating WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London & Brian Kendrick in non-title action, the newcomers to the SmackDown tag scene were appalled that a title match would take place at No Way Out without their participation. The disappointed duo then made it a point to have the match killed. But Deuce & Domino didn’t go to SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long to have the match stopped. Instead, the impressive team took their complaint straight to WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Conn.

After listening to their complaint, WWE officials ruled in favor of Deuce & Domino, naming them the rightful No. 1 contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship. As a result, the Ladder Match pitting London & Kendrick vs. MNM vs. The Hardys vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor has been removed from the No Way Out pay-per-view.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nowayout/exclusives/laddermatchkilled

LOL, they fucked it up before they even got to the PPV...

addy2hotty
02-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I wonder if anyone had ordered yet, on the strength of the ladder match alone. They should be rightly pissed.

Xero
02-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I wonder if anyone had ordered yet, on the strength of the ladder match alone. They should be rightly pissed.
I'm sure Alienoid did, and ordered the DVD and the WWE magazine with the results.

Of course, now he needs to get his money back.

addy2hotty
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Of course, this now means said ladder match will take place at Wrestlemania.

The Genius
02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
This should be pretty good. I agree though, Deuce and Domino or at the very least Stevens and James should be in instead of Taylor and Regal.
THANK YOU! i have been dying for Stevens and James to be back on smackdown in the title hunt.

Dave Youell
02-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Of course, this now means said ladder match will take place at Wrestlemania.
I don't know, I mean Ross has been quoted saying there's going to be a MITB match this year, and 2 ladder matches on 1 show is overkill

NeanderCarl
02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I said it months ago... Tag Team Money-In-The-Bank Match. Okay, not as prestigious as winning a shot at the big belt, but the match quality would be high, and seeing six tag teams in one match would be quite a spectacle.

Xero
02-12-2007, 12:57 PM
I said it months ago... Tag Team Money-In-The-Bank Match. Okay, not as prestigious as winning a shot at the big belt, but the match quality would be high, and seeing six tag teams in one match would be quite a spectacle.
I'd like to see a Tag MITB with the stipulation being that the winners get a tag title shot and the one who actually gets the contract gets a world title shot.

This could lead to one of the Hardyz getting a final last-ditch Title Run.

Caged Heat18
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Thats such a let down. You have a big match promised and than remove it in favor of a lesser match.

ron the dial
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Seems as though I have no reason to watch this PPV now. Oh well.

The Ravishing One
02-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Seems as though I have no reason to watch this PPV now. Oh well.

Xero
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
For those of you who are wondering why WWE yanked the four way ladder match from the No Way Out PPV, the reason is that Vince McMahon decided over the weekend that (as of right now, since they keep going back and forth on this) The Hardy Boyz and MNM will no longer be teaming. Matt Hardy, Joey Mercury, Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro will be going back to singles roles on their respective brands.

With that decision made, the feeling was that having the Four Way ladder match at the No Way Out PPV was meaningless, so they've switched gears to allow Deuce and Domino to challenge WWE Tag Team champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick instead. Stephanie McMahon made the call to change the match.

WWE has gone back and forth on whether to keep the teams together or not, so this is just the latest in that trend.

From PWInsider.

TerranRich
02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Vince McMahon is a wishy-washy son of a bitch.

Caged Heat18
02-12-2007, 04:54 PM
If they wern't sure what they were doing with MNM and the Hardy's why announce a match that people will be excited about, if their was a chance they were going to take it away.

Xero
02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
The WWE is so fucked up. They don't announce the original, which would have been a huge selling point for people, and they DO announce the rematch but later pull it.

Something is very wrong in their promotional department.

The Genius
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
what the fucking FUCK!!!!!!!

that would be one match that i would have bought the ppv for..and maybe the main event.

wow the WWE is stupid. this move is not suprising seeing as how vince wants to deprive the fans.

Afterlife
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Vince McMahon is a wishy-washy son of a bitch.

You are fucking great. :rofl:

Afterlife
02-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe we'll have Teddy Lizzle come out and say "Well, we hyped a damn 4-way ladder match, and Deuce and Domino wanted the title shot. So, they went over my head and got one. But, now I'm using my authority to add to it, and since I advertised a damn 4-way ladder match, we're gonna HAVE a damn 4-way ladder match."

Have him add Regal and Taylor and Idol and Stevens. IT re-creates the hype, surprises the crowd, and still puts D and D in a title shot.

Transplant
02-12-2007, 06:29 PM
It sucks, but I wasn't gonna buy the PPV anyway. I would have just waited till someone posted the match on YouTube.

Xero
02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Knowing WWE, he'd bring back the Minis for the match.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Part of me is hoping this is kayfabe, I really do. I don't know what good this could do, though.

Fucking WWE, they did something right for a change, and then they fuck it up. The point of the Ladder Match wasn't to put over The Hardys and MNM, but to put over London & Kendrick. Great job cutting your tag team guys short once again, Vince. It's so sad, he realises what a cash-cow The Hardys were, and he has something on his hands potentially better than The Hardys, so what does he do? Have them do nothing, of course.

This won't be a bad story, though. I'm sure it will get Deuce N' Domino heat. I just hope they don't have them win the Titles, yet. Sure, it would get them over, but it could do more damage to London & Kendrick than good to The Untouchables.

What I hope the WWE does: Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeats The Throwbacks from the Other Side of the Tracks to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship with help from William Regal & Dave Taylor, who are pissed about losing their shot. Regal & Taylor then work as faces in some matches against Deuce N' Domino. This would only help D&D perfect their ring craft.

Theodore Long announces that there will be a Ladder Match at No Way Out, even though brass has cancelled the WWE Tag Team Title Match. Chris Benoit, Matt Hardy, Joey Mercury, Chavo Guerrero, Mr. Kennedy and MVP will compete in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match, with the winner earning a shot at the World Heavyweight Title whenever they please.

At WrestleMania, let the tag teams go again, this time in a TLC Match with $1,000,000 suspended above the ring. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. MNM vs. The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team.

But alas, the WWE is too fucked up for this.

Pepsi Man
02-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, frankly, I'm no big Hardy supporter, but I don't see London and Kendrick becoming "bigger" than them, especially with the Hardy Boyz's biggest fans being the teenage girls in the crowd that marked out for Jeff's hair color or whatever lame reason they marked for "Team Xtreme".

Corkscrewed
02-13-2007, 02:13 AM
I see Deuce and Domino winning the titles at NWO. It's the only reason I can see for why the match was changed.

TerranRich
02-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Maybe we'll have Teddy Lizzle come out and say "Well, we hyped a damn 4-way ladder match, and Deuce and Domino wanted the title shot. So, they went over my head and got one. But, now I'm using my authority to add to it, and since I advertised a damn 4-way ladder match, we're gonna HAVE a damn 4-way ladder match."

Have him add Regal and Taylor and Idol and Stevens. IT re-creates the hype, surprises the crowd, and still puts D and D in a title shot.
If there was a "bowing-down" smiley, I'd use it now. Awesome idea.

Jeritron
02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, frankly, I'm no big Hardy supporter, but I don't see London and Kendrick becoming "bigger" than them, especially with the Hardy Boyz's biggest fans being the teenage girls in the crowd that marked out for Jeff's hair color or whatever lame reason they marked for "Team Xtreme".

They marked out because not only were they high fliers and fast paced, but because they had a simple but effective gimmick. The black pants and arm bands and the whole extreme thing was just very straightforward. It also didn't hurt them that Jeff Hardy was doing a flip off a ladder and/or through a table every other match.

With London and Kendrick, they have the same assets of being a silent but high octane team. High flying and crazy, but they aren't used liek the hardys. First of all, they lack and E&C to get good fueds out of them and do the talking, and keep wrestling matches with them that stay fresh no matter how many versions or variations of the same goddamn thing we see.

Secondly, they need to be overhauled. The Hardys were the same team in 1998. They just were lame in the fans eyes. London and Kendrick need to get more of a personality whether it be through look or persona or whatever, and ditch the masks and vinyl clam diggers. It also wouldn't hurt them if they stuck them in ladder and cage matches with teams like the Hardys all the time.

edit: and yes, L&K won't become bigger than the Hardys. They have a chance at being successful in the same manner, but not nearly as much as them. Simply because if you're trying to push them as the next Hardys, thats all they can be. Whether they could be extremely succesfful (to the point of the Hardys) in some other niche as "the first LandK" remains to be seen, but I doubt it.

Mr. Nerfect
02-13-2007, 11:29 PM

If the WWE let them talk, let them wrestle (they are arguably more talented than both Matt and Jeff) and let them flip around (which they can arguably do better than Matt and Jeff, as well) they could get over. They even have Ashley as a counterpart to Lita.

If the WWE produced merchandise for them, let them flip off ladder, and let them talk, they could easily be the icon team of this wrestling era. Unfortunately the WWE is too hung up on making them appear second-rate to the teams of yesteryear.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 05:01 AM
They need to be overhauled image wise, and yes be allowed to flip around off ladders

the wwe champion
02-14-2007, 05:13 AM
Maybe they should have done it at WrestleMania.

srnrew
02-14-2007, 08:34 AM
God No! For Heaven's sake I can't believe London & Kenrick, a couple of f'n cruiserweights are
considered the best tag team on Smackdown, no wonder Helms has no damn competition for the cruiserweight title.

ron the dial
02-14-2007, 08:37 AM
God No! It's completely unfathomable that a cruiserweight can be worth anything outside of the cruiserweight division! Whatever shall we do?!

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
In that case they should have split up the Hardys and Too Cool in 2000 so Dean Malenko could have compettition for the Lightheavyweight title.......

They need to deal with both divisions seperately, they're problems that can be fixed not involving eachother. And like Malenko holding a belt that had no division for a year, Helms should be used elsewhere if they're not gonna use him in that role. Helm's and LandK are fine where they are in seperate divisions, they just need to be used better and be given a division to compete in instead of being the whole division and standing alone.

Mr. Nerfect
02-14-2007, 04:32 PM
They need to be overhauled image wise, and yes be allowed to flip around off ladders

I don't know, I like their current image. It seems kind of modern, artistic and flashy. It seems to fit them. But that's just my opinion.

The WWE should make the WWE Tag Team Championship Match at No Way Out a Ladder Match. It probably wouldn't be as great as the previously scheduled match, but who would have thought The Rock and Triple H would have ever had a classic Ladder Match? This could be the match where Deuce N' Domino prove themselves as worthy of the WWE roster. London & Kendrick can handle the bumpy parts, and do some flips to keep the fans entertained, while The Throwbacks from the Other Side of the Tracks look like beasts during the middle of it, only for the babyfaces to come back and retain the belts.