PDA

View Full Version : Two Men who can help out the Tag Team Scene

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I say the WWE should bring back two wrestlers who have been WWF Tag Team Champions. Not with each other but we different partners. I say that these two men, one on RAW the other on Smackdown could really help out the Tag Team Divisons in the WWE.

On RAW:

Rick Steiner!
- Why not bring back the Dog Faced Gremlin. Pair him back up with brother Scotty and have The Steiner Brothers. Think about the potential matchups.

Steiners vs Dudleyz
Steiners vs Vitamin C
Steiners vs The Super Heroes
Steiners vs Jindrak and Cade
RVD and Booker T
Flair and Batista
and whoever else

Rick Steiner returning with Scotty would bring a proven tag team on the RAW roster and Rick could have Scotty carry a match because we all know Big Poppa Pump can't do it on his own.

On Smackdown:

The ROAD DOGG JESSE JAMES!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages....
D-Generation X proudly brings to you, its WWE Tag Team Champions of the WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

The Road Dogg Jesse James! and the "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn!

THE!
NEW!
AGE!
OUTLLLLLLAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Same deal with Rick Steiner, bring back the veteran tag team to carry the younger talent, bring credibility back to the Divison and the ability to have new matchups.

NAO vs Bashams
NAO vs FBI
NAO vs Haas and Benjamin
NAO vs Kidman and London

etc

Bring back Rick Steiner and the Road Dogg!

Thoughts? Opinions? Should they bring back someone else?

Bad Guy
02-18-2004, 03:08 PM
Scott is way past his prime. What would be the difference between him wrestling singles and then wrestling tag team? at least back then he could do a frankensteiner (which I still love to watch on old tapes) and all he can do now is punch and one suplex.

Corkscrewed
02-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Please stop living in the past. They were great back then. Today, they'd just be average.

Bad Guy
02-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Today, they'd just be average.
Not even that.

Boondock Saint
02-18-2004, 03:33 PM
nah

Bring back the Headbangers :shifty:

If one of those two were to come back, I'd prefer to see Road Dogg and see the Outlaws reform.

Mikey
02-18-2004, 03:36 PM
:nono:

Razor Rybek
02-18-2004, 04:03 PM
The ROAD DOGG JESSE JAMES!

Seriously, have you seen the guy lately, he looks and wrestles like crap. I am very confident he will never be seen on WWE TV again!

Savio
02-18-2004, 04:06 PM
Rico and Sean O'Haire Rico would be hitting on Sean and Sean would get all pissed of but then they win the tag belts.

mitch_h
02-18-2004, 04:09 PM
THey should hire the Backseat Boyz or the Briscoe Brothers... :shifty:

Razor Rybek
02-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Why not bring back Headhunter number 1 and team him up with Nailz, together they'd be as usefull as Jesse James :lol:

Supermark101
02-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Scott Steiner is STILL better than Rick, on Rick Steiner's best day.

Bad Idea

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-18-2004, 05:08 PM
WWE needs more "TEAMS" and Rick Steiner and Road Dogg would be the other halfs of some really good veteran teams. Think if Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak went over the Steiner Brothers (I dont care if its 2004) they beat the Steiner Brothers. I surely would think a lot more of the Bashams if they could get by the New Age Outlaws. Face it, the TAG TEAM SITUATION HAS BEEN SHIT. ITS BEEN SHIT SINCE THE DAYS OF Money Inc., the Natural Diasters, The Nasty Boys and The Legion of Doom etc. Not even during the Attitude was the Tag situation good, not even during the E&C Dynasty, The Hardyz, the Dudleyz. Yeah the TLC Matches and all were spectular but that was 3 TEAMS!

The WWE needs more teams. Not Scott Steiner and Test. Not RVD and Booker T. They needed Paul London and Spanky, give them a team name, they were already wearing matching clothes. The WWE needs teams and Rick Steiner and Road Dogg would add that, even if it was for a short short time.

The Icon of Elisim
02-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Raw: Nova, team him up with Hurricane to form an entertaining version of the current they have going

Smackdown: Spanky, so that London and Spanky could get a quality push as a tag team. The few matches that I saw them in they were awesome.

Shaggy
02-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I think thay should bring back the New Age Outlaws. Look at Gunn he looks like a fish out of water since his return. They should bring back The Rick Steiner also. It would be great if they could bring back some old teams that were from the past. Even know the Hardy's would good to bring back. All they need is Jeff back and it would probably jump start the whole tag team thing again. I really dont like the tag team of Booker T and RVD it just doesnt seem right.

Watson
02-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Rick Steiner: :n: :n: :n:

Billy Gunn: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n: :n:

Road Dog: :y:

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Shaggy understands what Im saying. The Hardyz would be good as well, ON SMACKDOWN. The Hardyz vs Kidman and London! Talk about excitement.

Razor Rybek
02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
The tag team division will not be saved by bringing back washed up guys with no talent i.e Rick Steiner, Road Dogg.

AareDub
02-18-2004, 06:48 PM
How bout use the talent they have instead of bringing back a useless Rick Steiner and an overweight Road Dogg? People like Dreamer, O'haire, etc would do just fine.

loopydate
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Shaggy understands what Im saying. The Hardyz would be good as well, ON SMACKDOWN. The Hardyz vs Kidman and London! Talk about excitement.

No, they wouldn't. Jeff Hardy doesn't care anymore about putting on good matches. If he came back, it'd be all spots all the time, and that won't help the tag division.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-18-2004, 06:55 PM
THey should hire the Backseat Boyz or the Briscoe Brothers... :shifty:

HUGE :y: ! Especially to the Briscoes

Fox
02-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Review some of the tapes of Rick Steiner towards the end of WCW and you'll see that he couldn't wrestle his way out of a wet paper bag. He's worse than the worst wrestler in the WWE right now.

I'd probably mark out if the New Age Outlaws returned to the WWE, but it would be short-lived. I don't think they'd really fit into the WWE right now. Besides, no matter which side they joined there wouldn't be enough teams for them to feud with to keep things fresh.

The WWE should focus on creating new teams and actually elevating them. Spanky and London were probably the best tag team I've seen in the WWE in a long time, but they didn't capitalize on them and now Spanky is gone. The tag team scene in the WWE is dying.

mitch_h
02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
HUGE :y: ! Especially to the Briscoes

Yea :y:

Too bad I don't really see that happening any time soon/ever.

ColdwaVer
02-18-2004, 09:06 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again, Val Venis should move to Smackdown and team with Billy Gunn. Gunn is useless outside of a tag team and Venis has no direction.

AareDub
02-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again, Val Venis should move to Smackdown and team with Billy Gunn. Gunn is useless outside of a tag team and Venis has no direction.

But then Lance Storm's penis wouldn't have a tag team partner!

The Show Off
02-18-2004, 10:06 PM
I loved the New Age Outlaws back in the day and I’d probably mark out like crazy if they showed up on Smackdown!, but sometimes you just have to move on…

Corkscrewed
02-18-2004, 11:15 PM

Shaggy also doesn't know how to spell "proud" (see this custom title). :roll:

Kane Knight
02-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Seriously, have you seen the guy lately, he looks and wrestles like crap. I am very confident he will never be seen on WWE TV again!

Wait...If he looks and wrestles like crap, won't he be right at home in the WWE?

Kane Knight
02-18-2004, 11:24 PM

Shaggy understanding you is not something to be proud of.

Anyways, here's an idea: Instead of bringing back stale tag teams past their prime, why not try and work with what's there?

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Cause there is NOTHING THERE NOW! The tag team Champions are Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi? Booker T and RVD? Who those are some really good teams. I want the tag division to be what it was like in the late 80s. The Hart Foundation, Demolition, British Bulldogs, Brain Busters, Bolsvieks, Rockers, Powers of Pain, etc. Those are some teams.

There are hardly any teams today. TWGTT, Bashams, La Resistance, who else?

Book/RVD is not a team, just two stars thrown together, just like Test and Scott Steiner. S2H and Rikishi suck. I would love to see Grandmasta Sexay come back and be the tag team champion with S2H instead of Rikishi.

MVP
02-18-2004, 11:56 PM
There's nothing wrong with the tag team divsions on either brand. They're just being used improperly.

There isn't enough focus on La Resistance, TWGTT, Garrison and Cade, Kidman and London, etc. Instead guys like Flair, Batista, RVD, Booker T, Scotty 2 Hotty, and Rikishi are put together, and hold down all the talent.

Now I'm not saying that any of them are bad, but they shouldn't be full time tag teams when there's a plethora of credible tag teams already.

Splaya
02-19-2004, 12:13 AM
I haven't even posted before this time right now and this topic is already shit.

KayfabeMan
02-19-2004, 01:16 AM
There were plenty of good tag teams to be picked up (and still are),
and there are also plenty of quality teams available there already. It
is basically another case of things not being done correctly.

It really wouldn't be great for WWE to sign The Briscoes. In reality,it
would be good for The Briscoes because they could make some much
needed extra cash,and maybe gain a little exposure,but it would also
limit them to how they could work/where they could work/what they
could do (ala Brian Kendrick).

EazyMack
02-19-2004, 02:32 AM
The New Age Outlaws would be cool for a sec but part of what made them cool as a tag team was that they were in D-X. It wouldn't be the same these days. Strange to say it but the late 90's was a different era (makes me feel like I'm getting old).

FourFifty
02-19-2004, 04:36 AM
Reunite 3 Count

Razor Rybek
02-19-2004, 08:55 AM
Reunite 3 Count

I liked those guys! Could work :yes:

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Cause there is NOTHING THERE NOW! The tag team Champions are Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi? Booker T and RVD? Who those are some really good teams. I want the tag division to be what it was like in the late 80s. The Hart Foundation, Demolition, British Bulldogs, Brain Busters, Bolsvieks, Rockers, Powers of Pain, etc. Those are some teams.

There are hardly any teams today. TWGTT, Bashams, La Resistance, who else?

Book/RVD is not a team, just two stars thrown together, just like Test and Scott Steiner. S2H and Rikishi suck. I would love to see Grandmasta Sexay come back and be the tag team champion with S2H instead of Rikishi.

Yeah, that's a great solution. The current 2 Cool sucks, bring back the old 2 Cool.

:lol:

AxelYoungblood
02-19-2004, 09:41 AM
It's true though, I look at the tag team scene in wwe right now, and with the exception of the basham's and those french chappies, i don't see any tag teams, i see the wwe booking team at a loose end as to what to do with some of their guys and sticking them together to make a "team".

If they're going to stick random guys together, make it work, send them to Ohio for a while just to get them used to working as a team, then bring them back, re-packaged with matching/similar attire, a double-team finisher and a good tag team name instead of Wrestler A & Wrestler B.

Sometimes, I think i play EWR better than Vince runs his company lol.

Avenger
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
What the hell? Did someone just say bring back Rick Steiner and Road Dogg?

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/evilhippy/tna2/bg.JPG

and

http://wrestle.ru/photo/ricksteiner/images/06.jpg

Yeah that sounds great :roll:

Sorry to say it but both guys are wayyyyy past it. WWE should have held onto Road Dogg when they could, but it's too late now, he is finished. And Steiner has been finished for about 5 years now.

Quit living in the past. You know that if these guys were brought in they would take a long time to finally agree to go under Haas and Benjamin or Jindrak and Cade.

The reason the tag division is in a mess is because WWE is putting no emphasis on it. There is a lot of potential there - WGTT, Jindrak/Cade, Bashams and the most impressive team on the roster (IMO) La Résistance. Any of these teams could really make the interest in the tag division go through the roof if only they got more TV time and WWE killed off a little dead weight (APA anybody?). There is also a lot of potentially great teams that could be put together that could impress, teams that haven't had a lot of experience together but could really do something in WWE - Akio/Sakoda, Tajiri/Akio, Kidman/London, Storm/Venis and maybe even Ultimo/Rey.

The problem is that the WWE throws these teams together and gives them a minor push before letting them rot away on Heat/Velocity. Storm/Venis is an example. They were looking good for a while and then we saw less and less of them. Teams need to be given ore of a chance, give them time to mould with each other and find their bearings. Great teams aren't made overnight.

And your argument that the tag scene has been crap for about 5 years is abseloute nonsense. Look at the TLC era. Look at when Steph introduced the Tag Titles on SmackDown!. Look at great tag feuds we have had in the past like New Age Outlaws/Foley-Funk. What about Benoit-Angle/Los Guererros/Edge-Mysterio. And the 3-way feud with Dudleyz, E+C and Hardyz was pure class.

We simply need WWE to say, "right, you are a tag team wrestler, you will be in this team for a year, impress us and make something out of this." All your teams can't just be random singles stars thrown together when you ain't got nothing for them in the singles ranks.

So please, don't get caught up in the idea of some romantic comeback for the Steiners or for NAO. We need to build for the future, not take a step backwards. Those guys were good in their heyday, but those days have passed...

AxelYoungblood
02-19-2004, 09:48 AM
It's true though, I look at the tag team scene in wwe right now, and with the exception of the basham's and those french chappies, i don't see any tag teams, i see the wwe booking team at a loose end as to what to do with some of their guys and sticking them together to make a "team".

If they're going to stick random guys together, make it work, send them to Ohio for a while just to get them used to working as a team, then bring them back, re-packaged with matching/similar attire, a double-team finisher and a good tag team name instead of Wrestler A & Wrestler B.

Sometimes, I think i play EWR better than Vince runs his company lol.

sorry, i forgot Shelton & Charlie, they're quite a good team actually.

VonErich Lives
02-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Rock and Sock... that's where it's at...

Or, team The Rock w/ SCSA... call them "Granite".

Or, bring back Hilbbilly Jim as Jamie Nobles cousin... and they could bring Uncle Elmer... and they could go to Raw and battle with Eveloution.

While were at it... Shouldn't Brock and Kurt be a natural tag team? They could do a thing where they start every match in the college wrestling position and try claming wins after a 1 count.

Dusty & Dustin?

Bring the kids who made out with Jackie on TE and have him team with Rico, with her as valet.

Hard Core Holly could do this whole mental breakdown angle and team with himself, complete with tags to himself.

umm, yeah... in otherwords, yes the tag divisions need help, but RDJJ and Rick Steiner are not the answer... neither are any of the ideas I listed.

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 11:46 AM
I say bring Clinton and Dean into wrestling.

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 11:47 AM
They could form a stable with Osama and Saddam, and call themselves the "Democrats."

Fryza
02-19-2004, 12:37 PM
La Resistance and TWGTT would be VERY impressive if they got more light.

If ANY team got reformed, I'd say Kai En Tai. But I'm not sure how the working would be for them, since they'd be buried instantly.

Lamuella
02-19-2004, 12:38 PM
yeah, we'll jump right on the case of bringing Rick Steiner back, considering he's even worse than Scotty in the ring these days.

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Two Men who can help the tag team scene:

Vince McMahon and Paul LeVesque.

If they were to both mysterously commit suicide, the quality of the tag scene could only go up...

Corkscrewed
02-19-2004, 05:16 PM
LOL :lol:

MVP
02-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Rock and Sock... that's where it's at...

Or, team The Rock w/ SCSA... call them "Granite".

Or, bring back Hilbbilly Jim as Jamie Nobles cousin... and they could bring Uncle Elmer... and they could go to Raw and battle with Eveloution.

While were at it... Shouldn't Brock and Kurt be a natural tag team? They could do a thing where they start every match in the college wrestling position and try claming wins after a 1 count.

Dusty & Dustin?

Bring the kids who made out with Jackie on TE and have him team with Rico, with her as valet.

Hard Core Holly could do this whole mental breakdown angle and team with himself, complete with tags to himself.

umm, yeah... in otherwords, yes the tag divisions need help, but RDJJ and Rick Steiner are not the answer... neither are any of the ideas I listed.
It's a good thing you posted that last sentence. I figured you were joking, but still...:wtf:

VonErich Lives
02-19-2004, 08:11 PM
It's a good thing you posted that last sentence. I figured you were joking, but still...:wtf:

I will admit, when I tried one of those wrestling sim's, where you a booker, I put Rock w/ SCSA and called then "Granite"...

That being said, the tag division will never be like it was, just like Hard Core, it peaked, then it has to die and someday when people have forgotten be reborn.

The only teams I'd like to see, cause they could put on a great match would be to bring back Jeff, team him with Edge and Matt with Christian... No, this wouldn't "revivie" the tag division, but it would be fun to watch.

All we have now are played out teams "Dudleys, APA" and singles that have nothing else to do "Booker T and RVD".

I don't think we'll ever see tag teams like the "old days"... unless there is a rookie influx and their built up, unlike WGTT who go the belts to early.

Joe Kerr
02-19-2004, 08:18 PM
why bring back someone? why not actualy use the talent that they have?

kidman and mysterio were great as a tag team why not put them together?
christian and matt hardy could be a great team...edge is coming back as well
the hurricane and rosey if played right could be a effective tag team as well.

Kane Knight
02-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Come on, it's obvious that the Booker T/RVD tag championship is a brilliant ploy by HHH to keep two people who are incredibly over from being a threat to his title...

[conspiracy mark]

Mr. Nerfect
02-20-2004, 02:36 AM
I think Al Snow could really help the tag team division on RAW. Seriously. The guy should do another Headcheese gimmick with Lance Storm or something. Val Venis could be pushed on his own.

Corkscrewed
02-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Come on, it's obvious that the Booker T/RVD tag championship is a brilliant ploy by HHH to keep two people who are incredibly over from being a threat to his title...

[conspiracy mark]

Heck, if they're not going anywhere as singles, they should team. It helps the division and gives people two people that are seen as the best in their division. I'm all for it.

V
02-22-2004, 12:21 AM
who's vitamin c

don't call me a n00b *hides*

Boondock Saint
02-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Christian and Jericho

V
02-22-2004, 06:59 PM
....why the hell are they called vitamin c

Kane Knight
02-22-2004, 07:01 PM
....why the hell are they called vitamin c

Both their names start with C?

V
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
let me rephrase

when did they start calling themselves vitamin c

Boondock Saint
02-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Sometime last year or in late 02 I think? They weren't introduced as Vitamin C, to my recollection. They just dubbed themselves that.

Kane Knight
02-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Two men who can help out the Tag Team Scene:

Janet Reno and Shaniqua...