PDA

View Full Version : New Posters: Let's Chat Wreslting

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm Loose Cannon (LC for the coolness factor). I'm actually a MOD on these forums, but few would probably even know. I used to be on the site all the time and make a ton of posts. I guess you could say I was a posting work horse. Whether it be putting other posters down/making them feel like morons or writing columns or putting Randy Orton over as a god among men, I stood for the TPWW Wrestling Forum cause.

These days I am in and out. I post in few threads and don't really feel like talking wrestling much anymore. Mainly cause the product sucks. But that all will change soon as I will be posting more frequently.

Anyway, I noticed a few new guys here. Like guys with less then 3000 posts or who joined around summer of last year. I want to know what your deal is? Master Kreese has asked me to look into some possible new recruits to join the Cobra Kai of TP Dub.

So lets talk wrestling. When did you start watching? Who's your favorite today? Who was your favorite of the past? What do you like about the current product? What don't you like? Favorite all-time match? Favorite PPV?

Come in a join :)

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/2530/scarykreese1fa.jpg

tucsonspeed6
02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi, LC. My name is TS6. I have less than 3000 posts, and I've only been here for about 3 years. I enjoy Stevie Richards, thinking about how awesome the Blonde Bytch Project would have been, and long walks on the beach.

I don't like TNA, Hulk Hogan, or KK.

Please don't ban me for being a dumbass.

ron the dial
02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
I started watching wrestling when I was but a wee lad, which translates to about 1988 or so. I watched on and off until the Attitude Era, when I began watching on a more frequent basis (that goes for pretty much everybody). I stopped watching again in 2001 when things started to get shitty. Started watching again at the beginning of 2006.

My favorite workers today mostly come from Ring of Honor, as that is my favorite product. Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Homicide, The Briscoe Brothers, just to name a few. From the WWE side I'd go with HBK, Triple H, CM Punk, and Edge. TNA breaks my balls for the most part.

Favorite all-time wreslters? Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, Triple H, and Ric Flair. Those would probably be my main men.

I don't like much about WWE right now. There are a few glimmers of hope, but for the most part I just can't get into it. Too much focus on Superman pushes and the faces always getting the better of the heels. There's very little drama, and everything is so predictable. Plus, the in-ring work is secondary witch saddens me. I know it's sports entertainment, but come on. Entertain me in the ring, for God's sake. There's very little to like about TNA either, except for individual workers. ROH is my favorite because they tear the house down with amazing wrestling, and usually put on solid storylines to boot. I really don't know how to explain what I like about it outside of that what they offer is what appeals to me.

Favorite all-time match is a hard one to choose. For sheer mark out factor, I'd go with Undertaker-Mankind HiaC. Typical, but I love that match. HBK vs. Razor Ramon Ladder match would also be up there. Low Ki vs. KENTA for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title, The Second City Saints vs. the Briscoe Brothers for the ROH Tag Titles, and CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe II all get honorable mentions.

I have no idea what my favorite PPV is.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi, LC. My name is TS6. I have less than 3000 posts, and I've only been here for about 3 years. I enjoy Stevie Richards, thinking about how awesome the Blonde Bytch Project would have been, and long walks on the beach.

I don't like TNA, Hulk Hogan, or KK.

Please don't ban me for being a dumbass.

Personally I think Stevie Richards is terrible and I really never enjoyed his work. He was good at being a lacky though. BWO was decent I guess.

I remember you doing c-fedding for a bit and thought your character was good.

I have noticed your hatred for Kane Knight lately as well. Don't give up and let him overpower you. Master Kreese would tell you to sweep the leg.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I started watching wrestling when I was but a wee lad, which translates to about 1988 or so. I watched on and off until the Attitude Era, when I began watching on a more frequent basis (that goes for pretty much everybody). I stopped watching again in 2001 when things started to get shitty. Started watching again at the beginning of 2006.

My favorite workers today mostly come from Ring of Honor, as that is my favorite product. Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Homicide, The Briscoe Brothers, just to name a few. From the WWE side I'd go with HBK, Triple H, CM Punk, and Edge. TNA breaks my balls for the most part.

Favorite all-time wreslters? Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, Triple H, and Ric Flair. Those would probably be my main men.

I don't like much about WWE right now. There are a few glimmers of hope, but for the most part I just can't get into it. Too much focus on Superman pushes and the faces always getting the better of the heels. There's very little drama, and everything is so predictable. Plus, the in-ring work is secondary witch saddens me. I know it's sports entertainment, but come on. Entertain me in the ring, for God's sake. There's very little to like about TNA either, except for individual workers. ROH is my favorite because they tear the house down with amazing wrestling, and usually put on solid storylines to boot. I really don't know how to explain what I like about it outside of that what they offer is what appeals to me.

Favorite all-time match is a hard one to choose. For sheer mark out factor, I'd go with Undertaker-Mankind HiaC. Typical, but I love that match. HBK vs. Razor Ramon Ladder match would also be up there. Low Ki vs. KENTA for the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title, The Second City Saints vs. the Briscoe Brothers for the ROH Tag Titles, and CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe II all get honorable mentions.

I have no idea what my favorite PPV is.

Good Post. You're one of the new posters I have paid attention too. You started watching around the same time as myself. I'm not big on ROH as I do admit I'm more of a sports entertainment fan then technical wrestling.

I agree that the WWE pushes the babyfaces way to much right now and it's shit.

Keep up the good posting. There may be a spot for you in the Kai.

The One
02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi, I'm The One. I believe you and I hooked up for one night in Bangkok. Anyway I was looking or my dignity since it seems to have been missing since then. Any idea where I let it?

Also, I love Flair, JBL, Nash, Michaels, Waltman, Hunter, Hall, and Billy Gunn.

Avenger
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
No Jarrett? :(

The One
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Jarrett is one of my favorites, but he hasn't attained god status like the before mentioned workers.

Caged Heat18
02-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I started watching wrestling in about 1990 or so, when I was only four or five years old. I watched up until the mid-90's or there abouts, and then didn't get back into until the summer of 1999, in particular Summer Slam 1999. I love watching the old WWE pay per views of the ninties now too.

My favorite all time wrestler would probably be Bret Hart, and now presently Carlito and Rey Mysterio are my favorites. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Doink the Clown, and for some odd reason Crash Holly.

I can't really say their is much about the current product that I like, but I still watch pretty regulary in hoping that it will get better. My favorite pay per view of all time would probably be Wrestlemania X, and match I couldn't really say, but I do really like Rey Mysterio/Edge vs. Angle/Benoit from No Mercy 2002.

Destor
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I suppose I don't qualify for this...

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi, I'm The One. I believe you and I hooked up for one night in Bangkok. Anyway I was looking or my dignity since it seems to have been missing since then. Any idea where I let it?

Also, I love Flair, JBL, Nash, Michaels, Waltman, Hunter, Hall, and Billy Gunn.

:heart:

You are one of the Elite here. I like most of those guys you listed as well. If you're looking to find your dignity, I'm sure a session with Master Kreese would take care of that.

The One
02-08-2007, 12:17 PM
(P.S. This Cobra Kai and Master Kreese thing, is this some old G.I. Joe thing or what???)

Jeritron
02-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm new to TPWW but certainly not to wrestling. I'm 21 and I started watching in 1997, right before the attitude boom. Early on in being a fan I took more of an interest in the business and what was going to happen than I did in what was happening. I learned to appreciate promos, actual wrestling ability and booking and all that good stuff.
Obviously I've matured as a wrestling fan over the years.

I'm a huge Jericho mark. I have a lot of favorites, and though I'm critical I usually look for the best in a situation in wrestling. Favorites include HBK, Bret, Angle, RVD, Piper, Nash, Benoit, Taz, HHH (despite many of my criticisms of him), and many others. Of course Austin Foley and Rock.

I'm disgusted with the current product, only because I know how much better it can be.

As for TNA, I see the potential. I certainly appreciate their talent and where they could go, and am refreshed by a company that seemingly prioritizes wrestling. However, I'm not a fan of their booking or how they put on frequent spotfests and such. I see it as something thats certainly improving, but has a long way to go.

Other than that, I basically just enjoy good wrestling. I'm not a mark or a sheep, and I appreciate a mix of legit wrestling and "sports entertainment" and storylines, as long as they're reasonable and actually entertaining.

I love to rethink and predict, or do the "book your own future" kinda thing, but not to Alienoid extent.
I love wrestling, but of course it doesn't run my life and I'm certainly not a sheep. I tune into Raw, and if I can Impact, ECW or Smackdown. I'm always open to seeing new stuff like ROH when I have time.
I have many other interests like movies, sports, music and shit obviously, and of course my actual life.

Besides that, you'd really have to ask me specifically on issues about wrestling because I'm certainly opinionated.

Oh, and I also like walks on the beach, bubble baths, candlelit dinners and I'm a pisces.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
(P.S. This Cobra Kai and Master Kreese thing, is this some old G.I. Joe thing or what???)

:nono:

The One
02-08-2007, 12:23 PM
:nono:

Ah, now Loosey is mad at me. :(

Xero
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi, I'm Xero Limit. I like wrestling a lot. I've been a fan sin-ALLYALLAYALALAYALALAAAAA!

DAMMIT HASSAN!

The One
02-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Xero, do you have a soul?

Xero
02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Don't know, why?

You selling yours?

The One
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
No reason. Just something about you screams "Souless".

Anyway...

Enjoy the thread...

:shifty:

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I started watching wrestling in about 1990 or so, when I was only four or five years old. I watched up until the mid-90's or there abouts, and then didn't get back into until the summer of 1999, in particular Summer Slam 1999. I love watching the old WWE pay per views of the ninties now too.

My favorite all time wrestler would probably be Bret Hart, and now presently Carlito and Rey Mysterio are my favorites. I always had a soft spot in my heart for Doink the Clown, and for some odd reason Crash Holly.

I can't really say their is much about the current product that I like, but I still watch pretty regulary in hoping that it will get better. My favorite pay per view of all time would probably be Wrestlemania X, and match I couldn't really say, but I do really like Rey Mysterio/Edge vs. Angle/Benoit from No Mercy 2002.

You are another one along with Jeritron that I've taken a notice too. Early 90's what the shit. I love watchign old PPV's as well. Hell Doink was awesome. Mania X is a great PPV.

Bret Hart is also my fav. I like your posts. Keep up the good work:y:

Schoenauer
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
My name is Schoenauer (Yeah, that's a tough one to spell!) I am 20 years old, currently housed in Omaha, NE. I started watching wrestling... back when I was growing up in California, but only on occasion. I didn't start following until Batista was being pushed to win the title at WM21. I happen to like Christian, he's just f'ing awesome in every way, but since he's not in WWE and I have yet to need a reason to follow TNA, Edge is my favorite. The one thing I like about WWE right now is they've got some very talented guys, but what I don't like is the fact that Cena and Batista are monopolizing their belts. Kinda feels like creative is shitting on their legacies. Favorite match of all time? Edge vs HBK in a street fight on... whichever RAW happened this year, lots of drama, and the infamous HBK feeling up Edge moment. Favorite PPV? Can't decide right now.

Jeritron
02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm not saying this as offense, but you need to see more matches.

Destor
02-08-2007, 12:58 PM
HBK rubbed Edge's cock. If that isn't greatest match of all time quality I don't know what is...

Destor
02-08-2007, 12:59 PM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1293/hbgay2djle5.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

The One
02-08-2007, 01:02 PM
LOL. I apparently didn't see that one.

Xero
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Is it just me, or does that "thing" swinging back and forth under Shawn look... Wrong?

The One
02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
You mean his leg?

Xero
02-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Thought it was Edge's arm, but that's beside the point that it looks like a monster dick if you don't really pay attention.

Loose Cannon
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm new to TPWW but certainly not to wrestling. I'm 21 and I started watching in 1997, right before the attitude boom. Early on in being a fan I took more of an interest in the business and what was going to happen than I did in what was happening. I learned to appreciate promos, actual wrestling ability and booking and all that good stuff.
Obviously I've matured as a wrestling fan over the years.

I'm a huge Jericho mark. I have a lot of favorites, and though I'm critical I usually look for the best in a situation in wrestling. Favorites include HBK, Bret, Angle, RVD, Piper, Nash, Benoit, Taz, HHH (despite many of my criticisms of him), and many others. Of course Austin Foley and Rock.

I'm disgusted with the current product, only because I know how much better it can be.

As for TNA, I see the potential. I certainly appreciate their talent and where they could go, and am refreshed by a company that seemingly prioritizes wrestling. However, I'm not a fan of their booking or how they put on frequent spotfests and such. I see it as something thats certainly improving, but has a long way to go.

Other than that, I basically just enjoy good wrestling. I'm not a mark or a sheep, and I appreciate a mix of legit wrestling and "sports entertainment" and storylines, as long as they're reasonable and actually entertaining.

I love to rethink and predict, or do the "book your own future" kinda thing, but not to Alienoid extent.
I love wrestling, but of course it doesn't run my life and I'm certainly not a sheep. I tune into Raw, and if I can Impact, ECW or Smackdown. I'm always open to seeing new stuff like ROH when I have time.
I have many other interests like movies, sports, music and shit obviously, and of course my actual life.

Besides that, you'd really have to ask me specifically on issues about wrestling because I'm certainly opinionated.

Oh, and I also like walks on the beach, bubble baths, candlelit dinners and I'm a pisces.

Yea, here we go. 1997 was my favorite wrestling year. The Harts, the nWo. It was awesome. I used to be an Alienoid type poster when I started posting, but got out of that fantasy booking. I wish the WWE would use some of the ideas people have on here though.

Russenmafia
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I started watching wrestling way back in 1991 when I was 9 years old. Was given a video tape of loads of WWF Superstars and Wrestling Challenge that were taped off Sky TV. There I seen some of my favourites, Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper etc. First PPV I saw was Survivor Series 91 and was gutted at Hogan losing the title. Continued to watch for another 4 years but lost interest in 1995.

Got the bug to watch again in 1997 and seen a bunch of new stars in Austin, HHH, Rock. Also watched WCW and loved the nWo angle. The Attitude era will always be my favourite, WM17 being the best PPV ever made. Also got to see the old ECW at this time as well which was amazing.

Nowadays I watch Smackdown! all the time, this is the best show the WWE does as it is mostly wrestling that is on it. Think Gregory Helms is the man and hope he recovers from the Boogeyman Burial. The guy with the best potential is clearly Mr Kennedy and IMO has had the match of the year with Benoit on SD a few weeks back. I don't watch ECW at all and also think TNA sucks ass.

addy2hotty
02-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Hello, my name is Addy2hotty, I got my username from the wrestler 'Scotty2Hotty' and basically changed the 'Scotty' to an 'Addy'. It was tough for me to dream up this username. I floated for a long time on TPWW before posting regularly.

The first wrestling I saw, coming from the UK, was the Survivor Series 1991, in which the match which won me over for life was the opening 4 on 4 match with teams captained by Flair and Piper. Both teams had 3 main eventers in, as well as Virgil and the Warlord - something you wouldn't get these days.

My favourite ever wrestler is Chris Jericho, hence my avatar, and feel the hole left by his exit has never been filled. My favourite today is Carlito, who I feel is being woefully wasted by the hierarchy in the WWE.

The product now is worse than when I originally started watching back in 1991. There is virtually no excitement, no surprises, no suspense, no humour and virtually no-one to get behind as a fan.

My favourite PPV of all time is Wrestlemania 17, I made the trip from London to Houston and fully immersed myself in the wrestling experience, what with Fan Axxess and the like. The PPV has not been bettered in terms of booking, match quality, value for money (I spent well over 1000 English pounds on the round trip), and surprises.

My favourite wrestling related moment was when I met then Undisputed WWF Champion Chris Jericho at Fan Axxess before WM18.

It is currently a struggle for me to watch Raw, I watch it only in the inane hope that one day something good will happen and it will feel like it is worth it again. Plus there isn't much to do at 2am on a Tuesday morning in the UK, especially if you've already whacked off twice. I do not watch SD, and recently watched ECW to see Vince McMahon destroy its legacy.

My biggest regret is not seeing the nWo angle from its beginning in WCW.

I'm normally a smart-ass idiot who doesn't suffer fools or socks gladly, so posts like this are very rare.

I also hate John Cena with an overwhelming passion. I think that since he's been in TNA, Kevin Nash has approached god status. I am also a very good comedy writer, hence my recent Warrior piece.

Nugget
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I am not a nugget!

Nugget
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I am obviously a huge Owen Hart mark, him and Chris Benoit are my 2 favorite wrestlers. I've been watching wrestling my whole life and I hate Rosey more than any other wrestler from any fed.

Jura
02-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I started watching wrestling in the early 90's maybe even late 80's around the same time Michael Jordan and the Bulls were on their quest for the 3-peat championship. My favorite wrestlers back then were Sting and Bret Hart. Then it would be The Rock. I also like Chris Jericho and if I have to pick a fave today I would say Alex Shelley. ECW CM Punk pales in comparison to ROH Punk.

I watched WWF for a while then WCW started getting better and I would switch occasionally to WWF until the Attitude era came upon us. I eventually stopped watching wrestling for 2-3 years after Rock left and I just started watching recently when I joined this forum several months ago.

Favorite PPV is relative and listing one favorite match is almost impossible as I enjoy lots of matches almost the same. If Bret or Rock are in it then I probably like it. I do remember The Rock facing the Undertaker on Raw is War (I believe he was in the Corporation at the time) and there were all sorts of stuff happening outside the ring and no one was paying attention to the match and Rocky ended up winning and even JR sounded surprised.

Nowadays I just watch wrestling for the sake of watching it and waiting for something great to happen or being able to watch history in the making. I do like TNA as I see it has potential and I might not be a big fan of the six sided ring or fast high flying crap, they have a lot of talent who are/could be the future of wrestling as we know it.

BTW LC, even if I was being cocky I still deserves the points for getting the answer right brother!:mad:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2drx6z4.jpg

Übermensch
02-09-2007, 01:13 AM
I started watching when I was pretty young, around 87 or 88, although I didn't get all of the shows on a consistant basis until I moved to America in 93.

I probably view pro wrestling pretty differently than most people on here. While I love great mathes just as much as the next guy, and admire the Benoits, Regals, Londons of the world, I honestly watch wrestling more because I find the interesting in a sort of aesthetic sense.

Sure, a guy like Batista or the Undertaker doesn't have the workrate of Jericho or someone similar, but they sure look a lot more intimidating, and they moves look a lot more painful. I've always thought of wrestling matches in a manner similar to comic book fights. This isn't to at all to say that I like Batista or Undertaker more than Jericho - what Jericho lacks in physical presense he more than makes up for in charisma and showmanship. This also isn't to say that I don't appreciate the value of smaller guys - I do enjoy their style, and somebody has to play the role.

For anybody who has been watching long enough, I think the opening scene for Wrestlemania VI, where Hogan and Warrior were each depicted as formations of the cosmos pretty symbolically representes my (greatly faded) interest in pro wrestling.

Admittingly very contradictory to that sentiment however, my two favorite wrestlers of all time remain Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Fignuts
02-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Cobra Kai of TPWW?

"Oh no, here come the spoiled white suberban rich kids on their dirt bikes! They are moderately skilled in karate!"

Don't be fooled by this false prophet newbies. If Daniel-san had a lightsaber, that movie would have been over in like 10 seconds.

Dorkchop
02-09-2007, 01:54 AM
Hi, I am Dorkchop. I have been watching wrestling for over 20 years.

When I was a little kid, I used to rent Wrestlemanias at my local video store. I remember loving pretty much everything I saw. Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior is absolutely amazing when you're 6 or 7. I remember loving Hogan vs Macho Man too. There were other good things from when I was really young, but those two stick out the most.

One time my step-dad ordered Fall Brawl for me one year. It was soooooooo great. The only thing I really remember from that PPV was Sting rubbing someone's face against the cage. I got that taped, and watched it a lot after. One time, I went to go watch the main event, but someone taped over it with softcore porn. I was actually upset.

Wrestling was pretty good to me when I was a child. Obviously, I don't remember everything I saw, but I have a lot of good, happy, memories watching wrestling. Even thinking about Crush's Cranial Crunch makes me smile. I watched a lot of WWF during those days (Barely got WCW here). Mr. Perfect's vignettes stand out too. Remember when he swished a shot from half court?

I barely watched wrestling, during junior high. I don't know why. I guess I had a life or something. I got hooked on it again summer of 1997. Everything was absolutely amazing. All throughout high school I was obsessed with wrestling because it was so amazing. It was my favorite thing in life. It was all I used to think about. The video games, the music, the t-shirts, the stunners. I loved how there was far more awesomeness than shit during that time. I'd watch ever single show. Even the crap fest that was WCW's Saturday Night jobber fest. I'm getting sad from nostalgia, so I'm gonna stop about the good times now. People still ask me if I'm still into wrestling

Wrestling got a little frustrating in 2001, but got more frustrating in 2002. Most of it didn't bother me, and I still loved what I saw. It seems every year the product has gotten less awesome. It's a point now, where I barely think it's ok. Seriously. There still is some good to be found, but it's hidden behind a lot of crap. I don't know why it's not any good right now. There's no reason it shouldn't be.

Today I enjoy Christian Cage, Edge, Benoit, Booker T (Is he still King Bookah?), Kane, and a few other guys. I watch Raw and Impact regularly, but don't get upset of I miss an episode... or two... or three. I watch Smackdown if I have nothing else to do, but I'm usually with my girlfriend Friday night, so Smackdown isn't a priority. Ever since Batista won the belt again, I haven't paid attention to the main event. WWECW can eat my bum. I will maybe tune in for a bit if I'm really fucking bored, but my stay on the channel isn't long. Even if Canada didn't get WWECW Friday at midnight, I still wouldn't watch.

Dorkchop
02-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Also, WCW Chris Jericho was the best thing EEEEEEEEEEVER!

Loose Cannon
02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
My name is Schoenauer (Yeah, that's a tough one to spell!) I am 20 years old, currently housed in Omaha, NE. I started watching wrestling... back when I was growing up in California, but only on occasion. I didn't start following until Batista was being pushed to win the title at WM21. I happen to like Christian, he's just f'ing awesome in every way, but since he's not in WWE and I have yet to need a reason to follow TNA, Edge is my favorite. The one thing I like about WWE right now is they've got some very talented guys, but what I don't like is the fact that Cena and Batista are monopolizing their belts. Kinda feels like creative is shitting on their legacies. Favorite match of all time? Edge vs HBK in a street fight on... whichever RAW happened this year, lots of drama, and the infamous HBK feeling up Edge moment. Favorite PPV? Can't decide right now.

Oh man, you need to go rent or buy some old footage. You should get yourself some old Raws from 1997-2001. You'll really enjoy that shit. Too bad you really didn't start following until recently, although I would admit, the Batista chase angle was awesome. Probably the best angle they've done since 2000.

XL
02-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi my name is XL,

I have been posting on these boards for years. I joined in 2002 at the latest.

First I was known as Havoc/Havok (I don't really recall)

Then I changed to X-L and mustered an almighty 372 posts (mainly in C-Fedding)

Then when I couldn't access my X-L account I dropped the hyphen and became XL.

Under this guise I have posted 335 times.

This must give me the worst post ratio on the entire boards.

Anyways...I'm the best friend of "Danny Electric", 22, from Birmingham, England.

I used to watch wrestling when I was young, up to about sometime in 1995 I believe. My favourite wrestlers were Bret Hart and Tatanka. Went to a few UK house shows during this stretch. Probably 4 WWF and 1 WCW if I recall. Good times.

Then I got back into wrestling around the time of King of the Ring 1998 and have been watching since.

I tend to favour the more skilled, less popular wrestlers. I was never a really big fan of Austin and The Rock bored me to tears in some places. I'm talking guys like Jericho, Benoit, RVD, Tazz, Angle etc. Basically your average smarks favourites I guess.

Currently I'm mostly watching Raw and Impact but catch SmackDown! whenever I get the chance. There's a lot of shit at the moment and I guess I'm watching (like many others) in the hope that something worthwhile will happen. Having said that the guys I enjoy to watch are...

Raw

Orton, Carlito, Edge, HBK, HHH (to a certain extent), Nitro, WGTT

Impact

Nash (purely in a speaking role), Christian, Joe, Styles, Daniels, Angle

SmackDown!

London & Kendrick, Benoit, Helms, Finlay, Kennedy & JBLs commentary.

Favourite PPV

Prolly SummerSlam 2000

Favourite Match(es)

Benoit v Angle - Royal Rumble 2002
HHH v Jericho - Fully Loaded 2000
Benoit v HHH v HBK - WMXX

Blitz
02-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Well Lesse here. I'm Blitz. Started watching in 1993. My dad turned myself and my sister onto it. First match I ever saw was Crush Vs some jobber on WWF Superstars. First PPV I ever ordered was King of the Ring '93. First live event I ever went to was October 28, 1993, at Joe Louis Arena. I have honestly lost count of how many live wrestling events I've seen. Notable ones I've been to are Wrestlemania 18 in Toronto, and ECW November To Remember 2000 (Easily the best wrestling show I've ever seen, and also one of the last PPVs the original ECW ran). I'll also be going to Wrestlemania 23 this year.

I went to my first independent show in.....I believe it was '98 or '99. The previous month, my sister and father had gone to see an indy show because the Rock was on it. I didn't want to go because it was "just some little company". After my family returned raving about it, I went to the next show. The company was Border City Wrestling, featuring Scott D'Amore in the main event. While there, we met the owner of the company, Chuck Fader, and after a few shows my sister, father and I began volunteering at the shows, which I still do to this day.

BCW is more or less dead now, but I still work on the "board of directors" for Sin City Wrestling, an offshoot promotion of BCW *cough*ifyou'reinthewindsor/detroitareacheckusoutatwww.sincitywrestling.netnext showMarch25th*cough*(/shameless plug).

I'm less and less interested in WWE nowadays, and am more into indy and Japanese stuff. Currently, my favourite worker is Masato Yoshino, and the best match I've seen in along while was Do Fixer vs Blood Generation at Ring of Honor last March.

My favourite wrestling moments:
1) November To Remember. Took us 7 hours to get to Chicago for the show, and we didn't even know if we'd be able to get tickets. We ended up getting the most perfect seats possible, first row before the balcony on the hard camera side. The show was fantastic, and it's still the best crowd I've ever seen at a show.

2) WM18. November to Remember is my favourite crowd, but this one was just huge. The live atmosphere for Rock/Hogan was astounding.

3) BCW International Incident, where NWA champ Raven lost the title to Jeff Jarrett. Pretty awesome to see our little promotion get some international attention

4) Going backstage at a WWE event. A friend of the family works for the fed, and hooks us up with tickest for shows. He's also taken us backstage a few time, and it's always interesting. Because of him, I've had the opportunity to meet a bunch of favourites, including Chris Benoit, RVD, Eddie Guerrero (who was obviously stoned out of his mind at the time :( ), and Steve Austin. Also, you have no idea how big the Big Show's really is. His hands are honestly the size of Frying pans.

5) Bret Hart at a BCW show. Amazing pop for his appearance, unfortuanetly, due to the general craziness of the day, I never got to meet him :'(

So there it is. My life in wrestling.

Xerzes
02-10-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm Xerzes, and I watch professional wrestling. (Hi, Xerzes! *group hug*)

Started watching WWF in June-July 1994, and realized WCW existed a month or two later. Couldn't tell you the first match I saw of either. It was a few years before I attend a live event, and I've only been to three. Two WWF, one WCW. Of the WWF events, one was during one of Warrior's returns, so he was near the top of the card. Was probably the event with Legion of Doom and Undertaker against the Nation. Don't remember which three members it was. The other was headlined by Bret and Austin, so they put on a damn fine show. The WCW event was a Thunder taping, and it was probably sometime in late 1999 because it sucked. Opened with Vampiro and Crowbar, easily the best match of the night. Sometime around the middle we got to watch a pre-recorded interview with some whore I didn't pay attention to, which they accidentally showed the first thirty seconds or so of a pre-recorded section of the Tank Abbott/Norman Smiley match for the Hardcore title. As that match hadn't happened yet, it looked quite silly later on when they showed us the same outdoor part again after they'd fought their way out of the ring and to the back somewhere. Ended with Jarrett and the NWO doing boring, shitty things, and Terry Funk ended up waddling to the back after the cameras stopped rolling, with his pants around his ankles. I no longer recall why Terry Funk had his pants around his ankles. That's probably a defense mechanism.

I'm not sure I can still claim to like much of anything in the current product. There are parts with potential, of course, but none of them really seem to pan out. Nonetheless, I still watch Raw, "ECW", Impact, and Smackdown. Every now and then I remember to turn to one of my Spanish channels on Sunday afternoon and watch some AAA. Sadly, my Spanish sucks, so my understanding of it, and of why there are so many triple tag matches, is vague at best.

So, with all this melancholy aside, I'll probably be back to monosyllabic words being used to make fun of future WrestleCrap inductees by my next post. Hooray?

Astley316
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Im Astley 316, i started watching wrestling when they showed Summerslam 92 on sky movies. I was hooked instantly and the first match i ever really remember is the Bret hart brittish bulldog match for the Intercontinental title. I watched it religously til about 2005, when i started to out grow it. i signed up to tpww.net in late 2005 and stayed for a few months before totally giving up on wrestling after wrestlemania 22. I recently decided to try it again and have been slowly getting back into it since the Royal Rumble and decided to re-activate my account here.
As well as watching wrestling growing up i rented the old classic tapes from my local video store. I remember watching wrestlemania 7 and loving the savage-warrior match. My favorite wrestler growing up was Bret Hart. My favorite mid carder of all time was Golddust and my current favorite is edge.

BigDaddyCool
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM
I'm BigDaddyCool (BDC for the coolness factor). I have been here for a couple weeks, just started posting a few days ago. I think I have like 40 posts or so (ps please don't flame me, but how do you check your post count?) I have been watching wrestling for a few months, but I been checking out some of the older stuff from WWE (were they called WWF at some point :?:) and also I founds some tapes of an old promotion called WCW (World Championship Wrestling if you haven't heard of it). It looks pretty good.

As for wrestlers I like, there is Batista and John Cena. They are awesome, plus they are champions.

The One
02-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Let's all get together and flame that BDC newb. He seems like a cockface.

BigDaddyCool
02-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Let's all get together and flame that BDC newb. He seems like a cockface.

Fuck you man. Cock never goes in my face, but you probably love it.

The One
02-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Nope. I went full blown breeder now. Sorry Jacko, but there comes a time in every man's like when he just needs to stand up and say, "Hey, I'm done sucking cock."

BigDaddyCool
02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Bullshit. No man has ever said that ever.

The One
02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
I think one day Big Daddy Cool should hook up with a Hot Little Mama.

BigDaddyCool
02-11-2007, 12:35 AM
I think one day Big Daddy Cool should hook up with a Hot Little Mama.

Who is that, or is that something made up?

Splaya
02-11-2007, 01:01 AM
HI LC, I'm Splaya. I believe John Cena should turn heel soon

ChiefStubbs
02-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Well, I started watching very, very recently, less than a year ago. However, I have been around it my whole life, so...
Anyway, favorite today would be a throwup between London and Kendrick, just 'cause I love their awesome cruiserweight style. My favorite wrestler of the past would be New Jack, if that counts as past, because of the whole Mass Transit thing. What I like about the current product is the cruiserweights and the new ECW Originals angle. What I don't like....just about everything else. My favorite match would have to be either Taker vs. HHH at Wrestlemania 17 or Sabu vs. Terry Funk at Born to be Wired. My favorite PPV that I've ordered was One Night Stand '06, but of all time...maybe Hardcore Heaven '97.

Nervous Ferret
02-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi im nervous ferret im new here my favorite werestlemania moment wuz when hulk hogan bodyslammerd andy the giant

Inadequacy
02-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I started following wrestling in 2002, but as I didn't have cable I only got to see it every so often at a friends house (he turned me on to it). When we got satellite late 2002/early 2003 I could only watch Smackdown because I didn't want TSN. But I didn't care, RAW didn't have the my favourite wrestler ever(at the time), Chris Benoit. But right after the 2004 Royal Rumble I convinced mom to order TSN(Did I mention I'm still in High School? Didn't want you to think I was twenty and still at home).

I'm really probably the crappiest WRESTLING fan ever, I've never really been able to get into/figure out psychology(admitting that probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done). But I don't mind, it allows to me to be a fan of whoever and not just the talented people(yes, I secretly always wanted Orlando Jordan to succeed).

Currently I'm a big fan of Edge, Shelton Benjamin and Alex Shelley to name a few. I'm also a recovering Cena-hater.

jcmoorehead
02-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm JCMoorehead, I really can't remember when I started watching wrestling properly all I know is i've always been around it. I really got into it around 97 onwards. I did watch it before hand but it's scattered about and just random PPVs.

I think the earliest thing I remember is being quite young and watching it when I lived in Turkey. I remember the Undertaker Vs Undertaker match amongst most things. My next major memory is of the classic Hart and Austin Match, reason I remember it because it was the first time I really remember seeing blood in Wrestling.

Next major thing was the Autumn/Winter of that year, when Austin had the IC Fued and came back after the neck injury. Like many I watched the Survivor Series of that year many times, not because of the screwjob, I was too young to really understand what it meant. I think those series of PPVs, Badd Blood, Survivor Series and the next one I think it was DX In Your House, i'm not really sure were what got me hooked. WCW I watched from time to time through out '98, never really was a big fan it was just something to watch for an hour until Raw came on really. Although I do remember and enjoyed the whole Goldberg thing. I also remember the segment on one Nitro with Jericho trying to lose enough weight to compete for the CW Title.

My favorite wrestler of all time is probably Austin but followed closely by the Undertaker. At the moment I've sort of dropped off of watching wrestling and only watch Raw occasionally but still get most of the big PPVs. I watched TNA for a few weeks but didn't really enjoy it that much.

HTrain90
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey y'all. I'm HTrain90. I've floated on the boards and just looked at conversations for the better part of the last 6-7 years, but only made a profile recently. I'm currently attending UVa's Engineering School, and it pretty much sucks. I went to my first wrestling show on Aug. 19, 2006 (it was here in Charlottesville). It was great timing because that is when Hulk Hogan came back to confront Randy Orton, and seeing that man in person, regardless of how old he is, is something I won't ever forget. Also seeing my boyhood hero Shawn Michaels was great.

I started watching in late 1995 or early 1996. My first memory of wrestling is the Goldust-Razor feud for the IC belt which culminated at Royal Rumble 1996. I didn't understand Goldust (I was 7 or so) and I didn't understand how a pussy like him could have beaten Razor, but I got over it.

Other than that, my earliest memory is tuning into RAW after WrestleMania XII to see if HBK had beaten Bret Hart for the belt. When Shawn came out with the title, I was ecstatic. For a 7-year old mark, there's nothing better than seeing your favorite guy win the belt.

My favorite wrestler of all-time is Shawn Michaels (obviously), but I always enjoyed the work of Bret Hart, Undertaker, and Kurt Angle. Taker was so smooth for a big guy - walking the top rope spot never gets old.

I also really like Kane. Has anyone overcome more shitty gimmicks than him? Katy Vick. Team with X-Pac. Love affair with Tori. Lita's baby. Shooting a fireball at Chyna. Constantly squashed by Taker. Gotta love Kane. And his movie wasn't horrible, which is more than I can say for The Marine.

I think the product sucks now. The WWE has turned me against HBK because I am sick of babyfaces holding the belts. That tells me the company is dead with ideas and want to just keep the fans happy, and it sucks. My favorites now would have to be:

RAW: Randy Orton & Edge (solo, not the Rated RKO bullshit), Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro

ECW: The Zombie... everything about ECW sucks, although I was halfway impressed with Lashley against Kenny

SmackDown!: KANE, Benoit... thats about it... can't stand London and Kendrick - they look like a couple of gays flying around all smiley and shit - someone PLEASE put the belts on Regal and Taylor!

TNA: Christian Cage, Christian Cage, Christian Cage... and Kurt Angle. TNA is doing a wonderful job with their product. I don't catch it as often as I do RAW, but its a very entertaining show, and I hope it gets 2 hours soon.

I hate Cena's superman push. I never liked Batista - he's a body but can't work worth a shit, and he can't work the mic either. At least Cena tries - he's one of the best they've got on the mic, and he's doing as good as he can - he's trying to stay somewhat fresh, but WWE's 2-year push has killed him.

That's about it. Thanks for taking the time to read this long post... in the end, I think I feel just about the same as the rest of you about the current stuff.

Jura
03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Bringing this back for any new guys who want to join in on this.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I love how Clox has the Cobra Kai thing listed as an elite group in his sig. So elite that him and his red dot came in and drove all the elected members out

ron the dial
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
CLOX IS A POX UPON THE KAI.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
X, apparently we needed that stable to get over

ron the dial
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Shit, I rarely ever post in this forum anymore. You and I can get ourselves over just fine, Kai or not. Unless Just John has anything to say about it.

Destor
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
It worked wonders for you. But hey, The Forum Horsemen did the same for me. (And to a lesser extent Jaton. Where is he now?)

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I was being sarcastic. I remember when we joined it and we were like okay, whatever this is cool. Then comes Alioenoid who I respect. But then Clox...damn.

ron the dial
03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Sarcasm? What's that?

You will notice that the end of my statement also breached the line of sarcasm. WE NEED TO GET ON THE SAME PAGE, JERITRON.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 03:58 PM
We're not even reading the same book

ron the dial
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
You're right. You've got that Foley book happening, and I'm reading the selected works of Huey P. Newton. Vastly different.

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 04:00 PM
The Foley book is the goods. I might go read it in a bit.

Loose Cannon
03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
The Kai was an experiment. I need to find a protige. Someone who can follow in my footsteps and take my place one day. So far, no one is ready

Gone Mad
03-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Gone Mad, formerly gonmad00. Name comes from an Alice in Chains' song and my love for the word 'madness'. If it weren't for the team Owen Hart and Koko (since they were on when I first decided to watch it with my cousins), I wouldn't be a wrestling fan. Been a fan ever since, even if today's product is meh. I'm a fan of those who've come out of the Hart Dungeon along with Austin and Taker, and current favs are HHH, Edge, and Carlito. I'm off and on both this forum and the c-fed one.

Fav match: Hart-Bulldog Summerslam 92. Sure, there have been many classics before and after, but this one was always a personal fav.

Fav memories: More personal favs. Getting to see some of my fav wrestlers with the world title live (Jericho with the undisputed, Benoit, and Angle at Rumble last year), along with seeing Taker outside a show and getting hit on by a soccer mom. Loved his awkward reaction to it.

And I wish I was part of the Kais. They're the best... AROUND!

...I'm sorry.

El Fangel
03-14-2007, 12:38 AM
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1293/hbgay2djle5.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

I just noticed something that freaks me out, the guy behind the ref on the titantron, is his arm breaking, if not it looks incredibly funny.

03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Hello, my name is 311. I joined not too long ago, I can't remember exactly what the date was...oh well.

-I started watching wrestling in about '86, although I was only about three. However, I remember my grandpa loving it...his favorite wrestler being Hillbilly Jim. I've watched religiously every since, and joined the internet boom after hearing about ECW.

-I think the state of the wrestling industry is 'okay' at the moment. I think WWE gets a bit of a bad rap, even though the booking is sometimes questionable. Fans tend to forget about the business side of wrestling, and that we smarks aren't even close to a majority of the fans to be catering to. The funny thing is, TNA seems to be attempting to cater to smarks, and alot of them hate it.

-Personally, I dislike TNA immensely and have the opinion that it's alot of spot-festing and gimmick matches with alot of wrestlers who have in-ring talent but are absolutely faceless.

-I love Ric Flair and own hoards of old NWA videos as well as the Flair DVD, ect. The funny thing is, was that when I was a little boy mark, and playing with all my wrestling figures, Ric Flair was always my top heel...and I thought I hated his guts, but when I look back, I loved watching his matches. I was a Flair mark without even realizing it. o.O

-I don't dislike ECW, in fact, in it's glory days I was a big fan, but over time I'm realizing that it was overrated, especially as I learned more and more about match psycholgy, ect. On the booking side, it was godlike, but as far as match quality goes, sometimes it was not good, to very poor. Plus and ECW event went on so long sometimes that you felt like you never wanted to come to another professional wrestling event ever. Also, alot of ECW fans now never actually watched it back then and have only seen the DVD's, and the best highlights and/or matches.

-The new ECW was destined to fail, and it was silly to assume it would ever be the gritty show it used to be under McMahon's ownership. The old ECW guys are a joke in the ring (I'm sorry) and I honestly, truly believe that Vince was correct when he said they were washed-up on the show.

-Favorite Wrestlers: Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Bulldog, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Taker, Tazz, The Dudleys, Dusty Rhodes (sorry, I love the guy's mic work), Shawn Micheals and Triple H (not currently for either, however, and I also hate DX) and Edge. (Not for his ability, but because he's my favorite of the main-eventers at the moment)

-Overrated - TNA, old ECW, Randy Orton, CM Punk, the New DX Micheals/Helmsley, the old new DX with the Outlaws, H, and X-pac, Sting (sorry...actually, no, I'm not), JBL both wrestling and announcing, Mick Foley (Sorry...wait, no I'm not.) and anything with the name 'Hardy.' Any wrestler in the 80's with a mullet, (I'm talking about you Barry Windham) and RVD, who in my opinion, is the single most overrated wrestler, perhaps ever.

-Underrated - FINLAY (got me watching Smackdown again, now I'm religious), Lita, the old old DX Michaels and Helmsley, the Corperate Ministry music, The WCW television title division, and the WCW cruiserweight division, and in all honesty, DDP.

-Gimmicks or personas I miss: Old DX when WWE was getting is ass kicked by WCW, The Hart Foundation, the Horsemen, and pre-shave Kurt Angle.

-Posts that would make me sick if they were serious, but hilarious if not:
That got me thinking...Flair really sucked too! What did he do? Chops and a figure four leg lock? BORING!

I never saw him hit a 450 splash from a ladder!

-Things I hate: Board trolls with an attitude, The New York Mets, The Chicago Cubs, John Cena, W, fans/smarks who think wrestling is flying through tables, bleeding, and generally spot-festing, or fans that don't catch or think about the business side of wrestling.

-Things I love: The St. Louis Cardinals, the Royal Rumble, Jerry the King Lawler, Alienoid posts, wrestling entrances.

-Favorite Match: Rumble 1992. Bret Hart versus Perfect comes close.

:y:

Jeritron
03-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I agree with just about everything you said, except for RVD and Foley. And what are you thoughts on Jericho? I also supposed I'll stick up for the Outlaws and the Hardys, who aren't the greatest wrestlers on their own, but have entertained me to no end. Along with Hart Foundation and LOD, they are right there with E&C as my favorite tag teams of all time, especially in the modern era.

You're pretty chill tho, I agree with 90% of what you said, especially the importance of business and entertainment value and how miniscule the smark opinion really is. Love your comments about TNA.

03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I agree with just about everything you said, except for RVD and Foley. And what are you thoughts on Jericho? I also supposed I'll stick up for the Outlaws and the Hardys, who aren't the greatest wrestlers on their own, but have entertained me to no end. Along with Hart Foundation and LOD, they are right there with E&C as my favorite tag teams of all time, especially in the modern era.

You're pretty chill tho, I agree with 90% of what you said, especially the importance of business and entertainment value and how miniscule the smark opinion really is. Love your comments about TNA.

Well, Foley isn't a 'ton' overrated, but he's still overrated in my opinion. I will stand strong on RVD though. :cool:

The Hardys were 'much' better as a tag-team. I really enjoyed their matches, but now, as singles, it's just not the same. I really like tag-team work, but right now, it's a bit pitiful. For my money, the Dudley's are the team I probably always enjoyed every time they were in the ring.

To add to my above post, I also quite enjoy Kane.

Jeritron
03-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Kanes one who I still enjoy because of how solid he is, and he impresses me with his ability to stay over and keep doing his thing despite how much bullshit he's put up with. However I don't enjoy him nearly as much as I did 6 or 7 years ago, and thats not his fault.

Dudleys were the goods too, they were an anchor to the tag division when it was at its height. The Hardys and E&C made it look good with their high flying and charisma and promos respectively, but The Dudleys were key to that boom in tag wrestling.

Love Foley, not because he was Ric Flair in the ring, but because he's such a great dude and such a good worker. In terms of his ability to make others look good, sacrifice himself for the match, work the crowd in and out of the ring and his sentimental value. He's also one of the best and most underrated promo cutters in the industry's history. He's just Foley and I don't see why people can call him a glorified stuntman when they just don't understand he's not claiming to be a mat technician. He's a brawler who's damn over and is a damn good worker. Great mind too.

HATE TNA. I will agree RVD is damn overrated but I still love him, he's got a style all his own and though he's not quite the best "worker" he's pretty entertaining to watch wrestle to me, and I'll admit its spot reliant and "looks cool"

What are some of your favorite matches, memories and stuff.

I love this thread for the record. I'll give you word association, shoot back with a few thoughts on each.

Rey Mysterio:
Chris Jericho:
Batista:
Eric Bischoff:
Booker T:

shoot

addy2hotty
03-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Rey Mysterio = Won it the wrong way
Chris Jericho - The Greatest
Batista - Only his mom (and Triple H) likes him
Eric Bischoff - Raw needs him
Booker T - Token black man :(

Jeritron
03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
haha I was thinkin 311, but on that note I guess everyone shoot. And add names to shoot on.

We should make a word association shoot thread. A list of all the notable names in wrestling and everyone posts a one word, one term or at most one sentence response to them.

tucsonspeed6
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Rey Mysterio = Queer Eye for the Luchadore. Someone should tell him that nobody uses rotary phones any more. His new finisher should be to lift a guys arm up in the air like he's extending the antenna on a cell phone, then tickle the guy's nipples and talk into his crotch. That's the future of the 619. He also needs to get back into that feud with Orton, only so I can hear him wimper the name "Wan-dee" 15 times a night. He makes the illigetimate love child of Ryan Seacrest and Michael Cole look like Heman-level of masculinity.

Chris Jericho - Enigma wrapped in a puzzle wrapped in a one of those Starburst wrappers that when someone eats the candy, they rewrap the wrapper and hand it to you, and you open it and it's like "Son of a bitch! You did it to me again, fucker!" When did he become an expert on the 80's? Why does he feel that his newfound expertise on the 80's is more important than his wrestling career. Why would anyone even consider talking to TNA at this point? Why would they tell us that he's probably going to come back in September when "probably" means "not....(but we love dickin' with you.)"

Batista - Remember when they did that vignette with Big Show on the toilet? Or that other time they did that vignette with Big Show on the toilet? Alls I'm saying is that now that he's retired, there's a nitch that just opened up. Career Advise: Batista, you know when opportunity's knocking. Open that door, buddy.

Eric Bischoff - "Hey everybody. I heard Raw was in town, and I just decided to stop by (even though I'm not an employee) walk to the ring, (Even though I'm not an employee) grab a mic, (even though....you get the picture) and tell you the obvious. Next week, I'm planning on randomly walking on the set of American Idol to tell everyone who I'm voting for. Keep an eye out for me!"

Booker T - Almost perfect. All he needs is to cut a promo where he turns face, changes his gimmick, ditches his wife as his manager, retires, picks up the color commentator spot, then gets involved with NASA and their plans to return to the moon, so he can be the first person to do a spinarooni on the moon. Until then, he'll just be "almost perfect".

FBI mark
03-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey, I have been watching wrestling since 86' or so, I was really young so alot of my early memories are hazy. Wrestling captivated me early on and when I really started to analyze it I was hooked.

Roddy Piper was actually the first wrestler I marked out for, and I hated Hogan (even as a kid); other notable favorites throughout the years have been Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson, the Great Muta, Wayne Bloom, Matt Borne/evil Doink, Brutus Beefcake (early heel Beefcake), Dean Malenko, Mortus(not Kanyon so much), Pittbull Gary Wolf, and alot of others that I could mention.

However, my absolute favorites include Bret Hart, Steve Austin, James "Guido/Nunzio" Maritato, and Wavell Starr. I would like to go on record as saying I have always liked these wrestlers from the very first time I have seen them. Furthermore, Bret Hart and Austin have cemented there legacies in wrestling but I believe the overlooked Wavell Starr should have been sighned to the WWE and if he makes the big time he will be the next big thing; and I truly believe he could rival SCSA in popularity. As for Maritato I just totaly respect him as a proffesional, he will never be Hart or Austin but he gives it his all everytime in the ring and is a pleasure to watch IMHO.

The current state of wrestling is uninteresting at the moment, and I am really loosing interest.

Doc Brown
03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm 21 years old. I've been watching Wrestling Since 1989. My first live event, was Wrestlemania 6.

getting into the Early-Mid Nineties, i was a Ridiculous ECW mark, thanks to tape trading as well as parents co-workers ( The man had satellite ) i was able to get my hands on almost weekly ECW television programs, as well as most PPVs starting with Barely Legal in 1997.

Also around this time, I started watching WCW Saturday Night ( TBS, we didn't get Nitro In Canada on a weekly basis until Early 98). So i would have to say this was my PEAK of wrestling knowledge, and watching.

When everything started getting sold off, and baught out. in 2001, my Interest was still there ,but it was the beginning of the end.

I Watched wrestling all the way up until I attended WM X8. Took a few years off, and since about late 2005, i have been back into watching it weekly. Still hate Smackdown. Most new characters, i could care less about, simply, because i cannot get into them.

Regardless ,it's still good for a laugh and the odd mark out moment.

Favourites of past and present, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jerry Lynn, Steve Corino, JBL, Nova, Chris Chetti

03-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Sorry it's taking forever...busy as hell, but I haven't forgotten. :P