PDA

View Full Version : Elite XC

Kris P Lettus
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
It's Showtime's new MMA brand.. I almost went to the "premiere" card live last night.. But, my buddy pussied out so we just watched it on tv..

Crazy Horse is the motherfucking man..

David Loiseau looked like shit..

Even the women's fight was entertaining..

Pretty good show, despite the cheesey set and Bill Goldberg annoucing..

Anyone watch it??

Apocolyptik1
02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I didnt watch it, but I have heard alot about it. Something to do with a controversial ending between Frank Shamrock and a Gracie. I think it was Renzo. Took to many knee's to the back of the head or something, care to elaborate?

Kris P Lettus
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
My wifey got off work so I didn't see the main event..

Buddy still has it recorded on his DRV so I'll prolly watch it this weekend..

I should have gone though..

:(

Kris P Lettus
02-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah, and it was Renzo..

McLegend
02-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I actually meant to post in this thread. Mind you I didn't see the show, but I heard it was good.

I heard the Women match with Gina Carrano who is smoking was very good, and was probably match of the night.

I def gotta look around for it.

Rob
02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Never saw it. Heard the same as you have all said but I don't see Gina Carrano being the crossover star Dave Meltzer insists she will be. Nobody wants to see women's boxing, nevermind fucking MMA matches. And who the hell she is going to fight to continue to be this star?

Apocolyptik1
02-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Nobody wants to see women's boxing, nevermind fucking MMA matches.

Couldnt agree with you more. :y:

Kris P Lettus
02-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Never saw it. Heard the same as you have all said but I don't see Gina Carrano being the crossover star Dave Meltzer insists she will be. Nobody wants to see women's boxing, nevermind fucking MMA matches. And who the hell she is going to fight to continue to be this star?

They Pride annoucer that was annoucing this (can't think of his name), kept going on and on about how woman are just as good as men, and how these women are tough compititors, etc.. Even though the fight was entertaining, it got old really fast because we were constantly reminded to forget that they are women..

Retarded..

Stickman
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
What does "XC" stand for?

Rob
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
They Pride annoucer that was annoucing this (can't think of his name), kept going on and on about how woman are just as good as men, and how these women are tough compititors, etc.. Even though the fight was entertaining, it got old really fast because we were constantly reminded to forget that they are women..

Retarded..

Please tell me it wasn't Mauro?

Apocolyptik1
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM

Retarded..

Well my biggest gripe about it isnt really have to do anything with that. I could believe that a woman could be as good as a man in their weight class in fighting, but the majority of the people that watch MMA are men. I do know a few chicks, but the numbers are staggering towards the men, and obviously so. It is fucking fighting for christ sake, and chicks arent really into it. So lets have chick fighters to try and draw more women viewers to the sport?

They tried it with basketball and boxing already with mixed results, but neither were or have been widely accepted. Women's Basketball=Boring, Women's Boxing=Boring, Women's MMA will/would be boring.

To top it off, then you have these boring fights taking timeslots away from fights that could be more entertaining just based on the fact that its 2 guys, rather then 2 chicks.

Crimson
02-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Just go Vince Mcmahon and hire a bunch of talentless supermodel wannabe's and have them fight till one of them gets a submission. That would actually be pretty funny :|