PDA

View Full Version : Low Ratings

Marc the Smark
02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
The pay-per-view numbers for the last several PPV shows of 2006 were finally revealed today in WWE's latest public financial statement. Numbers for the pay-per-views Cyber Sunday, Survivor Series, December to Dismember and Armageddon were disclosed.

Survivor Series did 383,000 buys, up from 370,000 the year before. Cyber Sunday also drew better than the year prior, with 228,000, up from 207,000. Armageddon did 239,000 buys, which is way up from the prior SmackDown PPV offering, No Mercy. No Mercy did 197,000 buys back in October. However, Armageddon's number is down from the prior year as the 2005 show did 280,000 buys.

Now we come to the numbers for ECW's December to Dismember PPV. The show only drew 90,000 buys, less than half of the next lowest PPV buyrate of the year, which was No Mercy at 197,000. The ECW December to Dismember PPV is by far the lowest drawing PPV in WWE history. The previous all-time lows were in the 180,000-190,000 range, which largely consisted of 'In Your House' events and some JBL headlined SmackDown pay-per-views in 2004.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Jeritron
02-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I didn't need stats to know it was a monumental disaster, but that certainly confirms it.

Marc the Smark
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Does anyone have the ratings for the XFL? :lol:

Caged Heat18
02-13-2007, 07:29 PM
That is one of the funniest buyrates ever. Vinnie Mac must not be happy.

Xero
02-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Hey RHS, you going to ask when to get in line for tickets this time around? Or just post a "what sign should I bring" thread?

Marc the Smark
02-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey RHS, you going to ask when to get in line for tickets this time around? Or just post a "what sign should I bring" thread?

:lol: No, no, no... none of that... just here to talk some wrasslin' :D

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I expected to find worse ratings than a bad ranking for Smackdown (Shocker) and D2D.

This thread has let me down.

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:03 PM
You mean people didn't want to order a glorified, 3-hour version of Velocity for $40? What the fuck is that all about?

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Come on, Fox. D2D got like three times the rating your average TNA PPV brings in.

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Why must it always be about TNA with you?

The One
02-13-2007, 10:20 PM
You know what's really sad? In the past year or so ECW and TNA have trumped CZW as far as being the butt end of a joke.

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Why must it always be about TNA with you?

Why must it always be about bashing the #1 company with you?

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Come on, Fox. D2D got like three times the rating your average TNA PPV brings in.

In all fairness, it was also three times more horrible than your average TNA PPV.

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Why must it always be about bashing the #1 company with you?

In what strange universe are you living where ECW is the #1 company?

The One
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Fox also talks bad of his Holy-ness, The Nature Boy. All words from his mouth are lies with intent to confuse and stear Lord Flair's fallowers wayward.

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
You know what's really sad? In the past year or so ECW and TNA have trumped CZW as far as being the butt end of a joke.

No, what's really sad is Vince has no clue why.

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:28 PM
In what strange universe are you living where ECW is the #1 company?

In the same strange Universe where you're too stupid to understand that ECW isn't a company, but part of WWE.

Did you really think ECW was its own company? Or that there was any potential for an argument there?

The One
02-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait. You mean to tell me ECW is owned by Vince McMahon??? :eek:

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Fox also talks bad WOOOOOOO of his Holy-ness, The Nature Boy WOOOOO. All words from his WOOOOOO mouth are lies WOOOOOO with intent to WOOOO confuse and stear WOOOOOO Lord Flair's fallowers wayWOOOOward.

The One
02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Wooooo!

Kane Knight
02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait. You mean to tell me ECW is owned by Vince McMahon??? :eek:

Naw. It's some bullshit conspiracy theory. You know, like an airplane being flown into the World Trade Center.

The One
02-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Vince McMahon owns the Government. Shadow has some paper trails proving it.

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
In the same strange Universe where you're too stupid to understand that ECW isn't a company, but part of WWE.

Did you really think ECW was its own company? Or that there was any potential for an argument there?

Well, this is a thread where we were discussing ECW's ratings. I then made a sarcastic comment about ECW D2D being the equivalent of a 3-hour Velocity on PPV. You then said something about TNA, and then about me hating the #1 company.

So yeah. Thought we were talking about JUST ECW. Although there are plenty of things wrong with both RAW and Smackdown, ECW is just about the shittiest piece of shit in the shit bowl.

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
And I constantly bash WWE in general because I hate their product right now. I haven't seen one thing worth watching in several months, and I can't even think of a single upcoming angle or feud that has me excited for WrestleMania. I'm not "into" any of their current characters, and find myself hating watching RAW because of the stupid Vince McMahon segments and the lack of real wrestling.

McLegend
02-13-2007, 10:52 PM
RAW has been great the past few weeks.

Also C'mon Raw and an excellent Edge/HBK streetfight just like three weeks ago.

I'm loving Raw right now.

The One
02-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Fox is the coolest person I know. He doesn't like anything that's main stream. He still keeps it real!

Fox
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
*sigh* Maybe I am losing my passion for this sport. I don't know.

I only caught the end of HBK/Edge, mainly because the rest of RAW that night bored the hell out of me and I quit watching for a bit. I cannot STAND Vince McMahon anymore. His very TV presence is enough for me to change the channel, and he's on about once every TV segment.

Also, there are no characters on RAW who peak my interest. John Cena lost my attention over a year ago. HBK is a shadow of his former great self. Edge and Orton seem to be lost in the shuffle with the unorganized Mania plans. And my favorites, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro seem to be doing the same thing week in and week out.

Fox
02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
Fox is the coolest person I know. He doesn't like anything that's main stream. He still keeps it real!

FOX'S FAVORITE BANDS:

I would name them, but you fags wouldn't know any of them. They're too hardcore and underground for the basic masses who buy into the corporate media's idealistic portrayal of what "music" should be. But they don't know.

FOX'S FAVORITE MOVIES:

-Skill Jill and Captain Pills

-Rocky Horror Picture Show (until all those fags started copying us REAL Rocky Horror fanatics and made it into some celebrated cult... fucking fags.)

-Napolean Dynamite (see Rocky Horror, above)

There are more, but they're so totally indie and hardcore underground, shot with like, 35mm cameras, that you fags probably don't know any of them.

God, I'm cool.

The One
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
...I can't tell if this is a parody of yourself...

McLegend
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
HBK is on fire right now.

Ever since HHH went down it just revjunted the whole show. Raw storyline wise is looking good like for like the rest of the year.

And Cena is good. His matches with Edge were great, and his match with Umaga from the Rumble was tremendous(pretty sure I haven't used tremendous in this thread untill just now of course).

I can't wait for Cena/HBK. I think it's gonna tear the house down.

I'm excited for the WWE right now except for ECW of course, but that goes without saying.

The One
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
And Cena is good.

[/Tovo Reading]

McLegend
02-13-2007, 11:08 PM
[/Tovo Reading]
I'm converted. I'm a Cena mark.

Chaingang bitches

I do kinda hope anti-Cena movment can pick up a little, becasue the crowd would be so hot for that match then.

Fox
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
...I can't tell if this is a parody of yourself...

No one can. No one is cool enough to "Get it." I'm like WWF Attitude Era.

FourFifty
02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
I think the only reason why ECW has a pay per view is so "The Great American Bash" is no longer ppv with the lowest numbers.

Skippord
02-14-2007, 12:36 AM
and his match with Umaga from the Rumble was tremendous(pretty sure I haven't used tremendous in this thread untill just now of course).
That match sucked

McLegend
02-14-2007, 01:14 AM
That match sucked
It did not suck.

Dorkchop
02-14-2007, 01:17 AM
FOX'S FAVORITE BANDS:I would name them, but you fags wouldn't know any of them. They're too hardcore and underground for the basic masses who buy into the corporate media's idealistic portrayal of what "music" should be. But they don't know.

Please list these bands. I am pretty sure I've heard of at least most of them... unless they're rap, country, techno, polka, math rock.

tucsonspeed6
02-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Please list these bands. I am pretty sure I've heard of at least most of them... unless they're rap, country, techno, polka, math rock.

I bet his "hardcore underground" rock involves him listening to Belle and Sebastian while wearing his favorite sweater vest.

tucsonspeed6
02-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Now we come to the numbers for ECW's December to Dismember PPV. The show only drew 90,000 buys,

THe most shocking thing about this is that the original WWECW PPV, One Night Stand 1, had buyrates that were competitive with that year's Wrestlemania (around 800,000.) WWE hasn't screwed up such a huge money maker this badly since the Invasion. I honestly thing this is a bigger debacle since the Invasion PPVs couldn't have done so badly as to only get 90,000 buys.

And worst yet, it wasn't even the worst thing to happen all last year, since it wasn't voted in as the Gooker winner.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Yea, by December any potential buyers had been driven off. ECW should have remained true to its original rosters and style of wrestling/booking, and it would have retained its audience while reaching even more people and having more money to work with. But instead it was turned into something bound to fail.

What was the second highest selling PPV of 06? If it wasn't Summerslam or Rumble, I'd assume it was ONS.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, this is a thread where we were discussing ECW's ratings. I then made a sarcastic comment about ECW D2D being the equivalent of a 3-hour Velocity on PPV. You then said something about TNA, and then about me hating the #1 company.

And yet, the company here is WWE.

So no matter what you say, there was no reason for you to believe this was really about ECW alone, or that anyone thought ECW was the #1 company.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 08:35 AM
And I constantly bash WWE in general because I hate their product right now. I haven't seen one thing worth watching in several months, and I can't even think of a single upcoming angle or feud that has me excited for WrestleMania. I'm not "into" any of their current characters, and find myself hating watching RAW because of the stupid Vince McMahon segments and the lack of real wrestling.

So by "real wrestling," do you mean shitty spotfests? That's the majority of TNA right there.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Seriously

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Aside from Angle (Who was part of WWE when Fox was complaining about wrestling in the past), there are very few guys who legitimately wrestle in TNA. In fact, one of my primary reasons for disinterest in TNA is the lack of Pro Wrestling. It's a boring gymnastics contests more than half the time. Not to mention craptastic angles and storylines which even TNA fans are balking at.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Oh, but they have the new ultimate X match. That should make for some interesting spots. After all, thats what wrestling is all about...:roll:

Fox
02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Aside from Angle (Who was part of WWE when Fox was complaining about wrestling in the past), there are very few guys who legitimately wrestle in TNA. In fact, one of my primary reasons for disinterest in TNA is the lack of Pro Wrestling. It's a boring gymnastics contests more than half the time. Not to mention craptastic angles and storylines which even TNA fans are balking at.

I can definitely think of more than a "very few."

-Christoher Daniels
-Samoa Joe
-Christian CAge
-Jerry Lynn
-Chris Sabin
-Senshi
-Rhino
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-LAX
-Petey Williams

I could probably keep going. TNA is full of incredible wrestlers who put on great matches week in and week out, that actually look new and fresh every week in comparison to WWE's scripted, bland formula that they utilize on every single show.

While storylines may be equally idiotic on both sides of the fence, TNA has better actual wrestling than WWE. Period.

Fox
02-14-2007, 06:20 PM
And yet, the company here is WWE.

So no matter what you say, there was no reason for you to believe this was really about ECW alone, or that anyone thought ECW was the #1 company.

You're trying way too hard, KK. WAY too hard. I'm not even arguing this nonsensical nit-picking. You knew what I meant.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I can definitely think of more than a "very few."

-Christoher Daniels
-Samoa Joe
-Christian CAge
-Jerry Lynn
-Chris Sabin
-Senshi
-Rhino
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-LAX
-Petey Williams

I could probably keep going. TNA is full of incredible wrestlers who put on great matches week in and week out, that actually look new and fresh every week in comparison to WWE's scripted, bland formula that they utilize on every single show.

While storylines may be equally idiotic on both sides of the fence, TNA has better actual wrestling than WWE. Period.

And you could keep going, and you'd probably list the entire TNA roster, because you're an idiot. And you will keep asserting that the roster is full of incredible stars who do incredible things every week, when the majority of TNA is a generic set of boring spots. Even accomplished and incredible atheletes like Joe are watered down to 3 moves and are boring. TNA caps wrestling just like WWE does. But, of course, you are a rabid fanboy and pee yourself in excitement over anything that TNA puts out.

You are, in essence, TNA's Vermaat.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 11:16 PM
You're trying way too hard, KK. WAY too hard. I'm not even arguing this nonsensical nit-picking. You knew what I meant.

You knew what I meant. There's no nitpicking involved. It was stupid to think that I would be referrinf to ECW as the #1 brand. Either you're the one trying too hard, or you're fucking retarded.

I'm voting for the latter, but it's hypocritical of you to make such an accusation.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 11:18 PM
For every TNA wrestler, you can name someone on the WWE roster who's as good as if not better than their Orlando FLA counterpart. However, WWE isn't having their wrestlers go out their and put on spotfests and flip around 30 times a match.

I'm not saying WWE shouldn't let their wrestlers "go" more often, they should. But TNA encourages a ridiculous style that makes wrestlers look better than they actually are.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 11:31 PM
For every TNA wrestler, you can name someone on the WWE roster who's as good as if not better than their Orlando FLA counterpart. However, WWE isn't having their wrestlers go out their and put on spotfests and flip around 30 times a match.

I'm not saying WWE shouldn't let their wrestlers "go" more often, they should. But TNA encourages a ridiculous style that makes wrestlers look better than they actually are.

WWE still has the best damn roster you could ask for, period.

The thing is, flipping around doesn't really make the wrestlers look good. It's just a different kind of shitty wrestling.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 11:40 PM
exactly. I just wanna be like, news flash, Guys on the WWE can do flips too.

Kane Knight
02-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Pretty much.

And that's the point that TNA fans miss because they're too busy sticking their nose in TNA's crotch. The actual content isn't all that good.

Jeritron
02-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Plus even if they were right, the product still sucks in every other department too.

Okay, Devil's advocate, TNA has better "athletes" (they don't). Okay then, the weekly show still sucks. The booking is still horrendous. The match psychology is non existent. The spotfests are like therapy for an ADHD kid on speed. The production value is like something off public access.

WWE roster is stacked, and though TNA does have some fine wrestlers and atheletes, they're roster pales in comparisons to WWEs. And don't think for a second that these guys who "care about putting on a better show" wouldn't sign for WWE money in a heartbeat. But then when they're in WWE and they're not being spotmonkeys and making a joke out of matches every night, are they any less talented?

Kane Knight
02-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I couldn't agree more. If nothing else, one would need to bring up that most of the guys on top in TNA not only came from WCW/WWE, but TNA makes a practice of hiring any castoff possible. I mean, really. TNA builds itself with "new stars" signed based on WWE's budget cutting.

Let's look at Fox's list

-Christoher Daniels
-Samoa Joe
-Christian CAge
-Jerry Lynn
-Chris Sabin
-Senshi
-Rhino
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-LAX
-Petey Williams

How many of those guys have spent no time in WWE or WCW? How many of them spent a lot of time in WWE?

Yeah, the guys who are "hungry" and all that shit Fox spews seem to only be hungry for a paycheck.

Outsider
02-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Just out of interest, does anyone know what kind of buyrates WCW was getting towards it's death?

diothoir
02-16-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wcw/wcwppvbr.htm

Greed (March 18, 2001)0.10

:|

Outsider
02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Wow. According to that site thats only 40,000 people.

Even worse is starrcade which got a 0.11, not great considering it was WCW's answer to Wrestlemania!

Kane Knight
02-16-2007, 10:01 AM
About half what WWECW did. Wow.

When the #1 company is doing that poorly....;)

Shadow
02-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Vince McMahon owns the Government. Shadow has some paper trails proving it.

He doesn't own it. HE IS THE GOVERNMENT OF THE WORLD!