PDA

View Full Version : Best Ever

The One
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Poll coming up for who the best wrestler ever is/was. You can base it on whatever you want to, this is totally an opinion question.

Poll is coming, but it has a lot of options so give me a second...by the way, yes this is a direct rip off of wwe champion's thread, only my options won't suck.

Stickman
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Mr. Perfect.

The One
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I realise a couple of them are I believe before anyone here started watching, but I felt like they needed to be on there for historical purposes. Also, if I forgot someone that you love, don't get all pissy, just vote other and post who you meant. Though I think I just about got everyone who I have heard people say is the best ever...

The One
02-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Mr. Perfect.

...So why didn't you vote for him?

The Show Off
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I voted for Ric Flair, I guess like everyone else thus far. It's a shame though, because though I think overall Ric Flair is the greates "wrestler" of all time, there are many people on that list I like better. However, I can't take anything away from Flair, not only was the guy gold on the mic, and gold in the ring, but unlike guys like Shawn Michaels and Triple H (whom I would have put 2 and 3) Ric Flair has put over wrestler after wrestler, and probably responsible for more main eventers then anyother wrestler in history.

That being said Chris Jericho, Brian Pillman, and Christopher Daniels are my three favorites of all time, but they never had nearly the influence that Flair did, (by no fault of their own however)

Xero
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I have to go for Angle just because he's so well-rounded. He can talk, go to the mat, fly, brawl, he excels in just about everything.

Caged Heat18
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I went with Shawn Michaels, although I have never seen Flair in his prime, so I've missed a lot of his classic matches.

Caged Heat18
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
The One, why didn't you vote for Kevin Nash?

Xero
02-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah, WTF? You said they all have to be equal otherwise you get neg repped.

You've got to neg rep yourself now.

Stickman
02-15-2007, 01:20 PM
...So why didn't you vote for him?

Because Curt Hennig is the option, not Mr. Perfect. Curt Hennig is WCW was awful. Curt Hennig without the Mr. Perfect gimmick was nothing special. Mr. Perfect could have been a great World Champ, Curt Hennig would not.

Stickman
02-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Does that make sense?

thedamndest
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I voted for Bret Hart because I remember more good than bad with him than anyone else. Maybe some nostagalia as well.

D Mac
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Gillberg

BigDaddyCool
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior because queering doesn't make the world go round.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I went with HBK. Was going to go with OTHER (Probably Kenta Kobashi) but didn't.

Goulet
02-15-2007, 02:14 PM
How must I prepare you must ask yourself. Shall I jump of the tallest building of the world, or do I lay on the lawn and let it run over me with lawnmowers , or should I go to Africa and let it trample me with raging elephants.

Tombstone275
02-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Crazy is the best wrestler ever!

BigDaddyCool
02-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Goulet knows what is up.

Anybody Thrilla
02-15-2007, 03:20 PM
C'mon, if you're gonna even put people like CM Punk and Bryan Danielson on the list, you might as well put every wrestler ever.

That being said, my vote goes to The Ultimate Warrior.

Stickman
02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Giant Gonzalas.

Goulet
02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Warrior's catching up to HBK!

Anybody Thrilla
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't remember HBK ever having any sweet tassels. No big surprise there.

Goulet
02-15-2007, 03:37 PM
HBK lacks Destrucity!

Also he posed in Playgirl and queering doesn't make the world work

owenbrown
02-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Kurt Angle

The Genius
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
RAVEN

The One
02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Because Curt Hennig is the option, not Mr. Perfect. Curt Hennig is WCW was awful. Curt Hennig without the Mr. Perfect gimmick was nothing special. Mr. Perfect could have been a great World Champ, Curt Hennig would not.

I didn't list Hulk Hogan and Hollywood Hogan seperate either. It's a stupid argument.

Xero
02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I would have voted for "Mean Mark" Callous. :(

The Optimist
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I picked Sting. I think that he's one of the greatest talents in wrestling ever, both in ability and charisma. Some of my favorite moments involve Sting. He's been in some of the greatest and most famous matches in wrestling history (Sting/Flair and Sting/Hogan) could work in a tag team (Lex Luger) was a huge draw had some great moments and gimmicks (Clash of the Champs his entrance in the rafters with a turkey vulture on his shoulder) and was loyal to his company to the end.

Is there any other quality I'm missing to make someone the best ever?

KingofOldSchool
02-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Ric Flair

Skippord
02-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Foley, Mick

McLegend
02-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't remember HBK ever having any sweet tassels. No big surprise there.
Hmm The Rockers had some sweet tassels there brother.

Jeritron
02-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Shawn Michaels wakes up in the morning and pisses 5 star matches
He also shits out MOTYs

Anybody Thrilla
02-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Hmm The Rockers had some sweet tassels there brother.

:eek:

Now I have to reconsider my entire life. :(

Jura
02-16-2007, 10:19 AM
:eek:

Now I have to reconsider my entire life. :(
Everything will be all right. :hug

Anybody Thrilla
02-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Also, pretty sure Damien Demento had some sort of tassels. Where is he on this list?

Stickman
02-16-2007, 12:13 PM
WHere's the Kiss Demon?

Pardeep 619
02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Have to go with Eddie Guerrero. Viva La Raza! (can't be bothered explaining why)

HeartBreakMan2k
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Shawn Michaels wakes up in the morning and pisses 5 star matches
He also shits out MOTYs

Zen v.W.o.
02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Bret Hart has never sucked. Everyone else has had an era of time where they've sucked.

Jeritron
02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Bret Hart has never sucked. Everyone else has had an era of time where they've sucked.

When did Shawn Michaels suck?

BigDaddyCool
02-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Also, I'm a little disappointed Boogen isn't on here.

Maluco
02-16-2007, 10:40 PM
He hurt his legacy being a dick for all those years, but Shawn Micheals was such a great athlete, constantly pulled out 4-5 star matches, even after years out of the ring.

Flair is a runner up for me, with the reason being I felt the Rockers were the best team of all time...giving Micheals a few more points.

Jura
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
A lot of people keep spelling it Micheals. It's starting to get on me nerves. Argghh.

Maluco
02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I have spoken very little English for the last 4 months...surely you can let it slide, eh?

Jura
02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes, I forgive you. Where are you from?

FBI mark
02-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I voted for Bret Hart although there are so many on this list that I want to acknowledge as close if not closer to that title.The real reason I voted for Bret is because i'm a huge hitman mark.However,Brets accomplishments were great and he was one of the all time best workers in the ring.Bret Hart had great in ring pschology and he was a great seller.Bret lacked crowd pschology and his look and mic skills were good but not great.I feel that Bret Harts real legacy(and the reason I voted for him)was his workrate and his opening the door for smaller non roided up wrestlers,he also helped usher in the attitude era,and lastly his technical ability set a real standard in wrestling.

All that being said I believe if a saw alot of the other wrestlers on the list when I was younger guys like Harley Race,Bob Orton jr.,and the Iron Shiek would be bigger contenders for my pick as the best ever.

Maluco
02-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes, I forgive you. Where are you from?

lol, good job. I am from the UK and speak English, but have been in Brazil since August/September of last year...will miss Mania, but get home for a month to see No Way Out :-\ :$ :?:

Maluco
02-16-2007, 11:16 PM

Jura
02-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I voted for Bret Hart although there are so many on this list that I want to acknowledge as close if not closer to that title.The real reason I voted for Bret is because i'm a huge hitman mark.However,Brets accomplishments were great and he was one of the all time best workers in the ring.Bret Hart had great in ring pschology and he was a great seller.Bret lacked crowd pschology and his look and mic skills were good but not great.I feel that Bret Harts real legacy(and the reason I voted for him)was his workrate and his opening the door for smaller non roided up wrestlers,he also helped usher in the attitude era,and lastly his technical ability set a real standard in wrestling.

All that being said I believe if a saw alot of the other wrestlers on the list when I was younger guys like Harley Race,Bob Orton jr.,and the Iron Shiek would be bigger contenders for my pick as the best ever.
http://users.1st.net/mandy/wright_sm.jpg

The One
02-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Loose Cannon, will39...consider yourself on notice!

Nervous Ferret
02-17-2007, 02:46 AM
Nigel

Indifferent Clox
02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
shut the hell up crippla.

Zen v.W.o.
02-17-2007, 11:48 PM
When did Shawn Michaels suck?

The past year. Chop, chop, chop, chop..laziness....bad DX jokes, simply because he cant act that way any longer..wrestling guys much bigger than he is in the exact same way he'd wrestle someone way closer to his size.
If you're gonna use shitty chops so much at least make them look HARD. Sorta like Benoit does.

Jeritron
02-18-2007, 12:01 AM
dude, Shawn Michaels is still one of the top workers in the inustry today. All DX things aside, he still gets it done in the ring and then some. He also isn't holding down the world. He's far from sucking.

Also, regardless of how he is now or the past year or 3 years for that matter. He's still the best ever. Which is whats being asked.

Zen v.W.o.
02-18-2007, 12:34 AM
dude, Shawn Michaels is still one of the top workers in the inustry today. All DX things aside, he still gets it done in the ring and then some. He also isn't holding down the world. He's far from sucking.

Also, regardless of how he is now or the past year or 3 years for that matter. He's still the best ever. Which is whats being asked.

Nah, if you're objective he phones in most of his matches. He can still put on a good match when he wants to, but that isnt good enough.

As for best ever, he's not as good as Bret so you'd be wrong.

Jeritron
02-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm going to say Bret isn't as good as Shawn. Again, its a debate that I don't feel should take anything away from the other in terms of their ability and career. If I had to name the top wrestlers of all time, they'd both be right there at the top.
But as far as their in ring work, their ability to perform, and the caliber of their matches, I'd give Shawn the slight edge over Bret.
I suppose its all a matter of opinion once it comes down to the title of best ever.
The only thing thats not really debateable when it comes to things like this are the tiers wrestlers are on, and Bret and Shawn are certainly both on the top tier.

Fox
02-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Angle. I haven't enjoyed anyone in wrestling as a whole more than Kurt Angle.

Bad Company
02-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Hogan, no contest.

The One
02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Nah, if you're objective he phones in most of his matches. He can still put on a good match when he wants to, but that isnt good enough.

As for best ever, he's not as good as Bret so you'd be wrong.

Nobody puts everything they have into every single match. Good god, Hart was good and all, but fucking christ, you want to talk about phoning in, Bret has a few MotY, but for the most part his matches were bland, boring, and repeats of the week before. Michaels doesn't put 100% in a RAW match, nor does anyone expect him to. Nor should he. If HBK went all out for every one of his matches, the poor man would have burned out and killed himself long ago. But what does it tell you that on any given week, HBK's phoned in match is still probably the best match of that week?