PDA

View Full Version : So...can someone explain this...

The One
02-17-2007, 02:31 PM
They took away the 4 way Ladder match at No Way Out with the reason being they didn't want the Hardy's and MNM to be teaming anymore...so then they put BOTH teams on the PPV, just in a less interesting match...WTF.

Caged Heat18
02-17-2007, 02:40 PM
They are seriously retarded. Do they even think about the decisions they make anymore?

Mr. JL
02-17-2007, 02:50 PM
'LOL' & 'WTF' are really the only things that you can say.

Pardeep 619
02-17-2007, 03:19 PM
It is pretty stupid for the WWE to have done what they have, but come on is anybody actually surprised to see MNM and The Hardys on the card in some type of match ?

Londoner
02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
What???? They have taken the ladder match off??That was the only match i was looking forward to seeing, and a big WTF@at the reasons given.

KingofOldSchool
02-17-2007, 03:38 PM
The 6-Man tag will be solid.

Destor
02-17-2007, 03:40 PM
They took away the 4 way Ladder match at No Way Out with the reason being they didn't want the Hardy's and MNM to be teaming anymore...so then they put BOTH teams on the PPV, just in a less interesting match...WTF.In all likelyhood that story was inacurate. I doubt they changed the match for that reason...

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
No wouldn't surprise me. Vince is flip flopping like a beached whale. He's clearly losing his grip.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Clearly they took it away because they want to keep the MITB or Tag Team Title Ladder Match fresh for WM. Since one of those 2 is likely going to happen.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry but you can't take away a match like this after some people may have ordered it for this match, that would just piss me off, especially when their main event is a fucking tag team match.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry but you can't take away a match like this after some people may have ordered it for this match, that would just piss me off, especially when their main event is a fucking tag team match.

It's not the first time they've had one of these mixed-brand/feuding-partners tag team matches main event a B-show PPV, but I've got to honest, this is the most interesting one they've had in YEARS.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah i agree it is, but its still not enough to fall back on if they're going to cancel the ladder match.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 05:00 PM
If you order the PPV weeks before it takes place and you have issues with the card changing, theres nobody to blame but yourself.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 05:05 PM
^Your point would be valid if they didn't change it one day before the PPV. I dunno how it works over there but over here they give you about a week to order it, though this is free for us.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
If I order a PPV, I order it on the night it takes place usually.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
^Your point would be valid if they didn't change it one day before the PPV. I dunno how it works over there but over here they give you about a week to order it, though this is free for us.

The ladder match was changed for the current tag title match over a week ago

Kane Knight
02-17-2007, 05:19 PM

My cable provider won't let you order even 2 houts before the PPV. Given Comcast is second biggest in the US, I'd say that this isn't particularly "unfair" considering the second largest in a duopoly doesn't even make it available.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I ordered Survivor Series 07 already and I'm going to be ripshit with Vince if Brets not on the card

Londoner
02-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Ah ok fair enough then, i thought this was a last minute thing and since we can order it a week before over here, i thought it was odd to do that.

Kane Knight
02-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I ordered Survivor Series 07 already and I'm going to be ripshit with Vince if Brets not on the card

:rofl:

St. Jimmy
02-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I seriously don't understand Smackdown in general.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 05:52 PM
If you're ordering this PPV a week before it happens, you were gonna order it no matter what. Thats the way I'm seeing it. I mean, ordering a wrestlemania weeks in advance makes some sense to me. Because its a big event and I know I'm gonna watch it regardless of the next few weeks, hate to say it but its true.

With No Way Out, that match wouldn't have gotten me to order it, and it wouldn't have gotten me to not order it. You can't really hold WWE to blame just because of the card being subject to change in the weeks leading up.
I'll agree it was a stupid move from my POV, but perhaps they're doing it to keep whatever WM plans they have involving ladder and/or tag teams fresh.

Whats the double standard on it. If they changed it back to the ladder match in the morning would that be okay? If so, why? because its smark friendly? What if some kid ordered it because he wanted to see Deuce and Domino get the tag match?

I highly doubt its to spite Joe Smark. If you ask me, the PPV would suck anyways and its just a throw away before the big one. If you order a PPV more than 2 days before it happens you're to blame for any unpleasant changes that occur.

As far as I've watch WWE, since the mid 90s, I've never seen an instance where the PPV card was changed in the day or days leading up to the event, or after the card had started. Other than perhaps a rare occasion of an added stipulation or the changing of a something for matters beyond their control (injury)

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I seriously don't understand Smackdown in general.
How is this specifically a problem with Smackdown?

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 06:00 PM
How is this specifically a problem with Smackdown?

Their PPVs do seem to struggle. They're able to offer up a main event and even a second main event. But as the card progresses it wears thinner and thinner. They have a weak midcard, and non extistant tag and cruiserweight divisions.

Raw cards aren't exactly WM17 every month, but all in all I think the offer stronger and more consistent ppv cards across the board.
Smackdown PPVs are just pathetic.

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 06:06 PM
At some points I agree, but this isn't the issue that should inspire the realization that Smackdown PPVs are bad. Adding Raw talent doesn't solve the problem or even signal that they're looking for a solution.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
If you're ordering this PPV a week before it happens, you were gonna order it no matter what. Thats the way I'm seeing it. I mean, ordering a wrestlemania weeks in advance makes some sense to me. Because its a big event and I know I'm gonna watch it regardless of the next few weeks, hate to say it but its true.

With No Way Out, that match wouldn't have gotten me to order it, and it wouldn't have gotten me to not order it. You can't really hold WWE to blame just because of the card being subject to change in the weeks leading up.
I'll agree it was a stupid move from my POV, but perhaps they're doing it to keep whatever WM plans they have involving ladder and/or tag teams fresh.

Whats the double standard on it. If they changed it back to the ladder match in the morning would that be okay? If so, why? because its smark friendly? What if some kid ordered it because he wanted to see Deuce and Domino get the tag match?

I highly doubt its to spite Joe Smark. If you ask me, the PPV would suck anyways and its just a throw away before the big one. If you order a PPV more than 2 days before it happens you're to blame for any unpleasant changes that occur.

As far as I've watch WWE, since the mid 90s, I've never seen an instance where the PPV card was changed in the day or days leading up to the event, or after the card had started. Other than perhaps a rare occasion of an added stipulation or the changing of a something for matters beyond their control (injury)

Way to go over the top after the topic has already been settled, i guess i just have more of a problem with them advertising the ladder match and then cancelling it for something even shitter when the card isn't that strong anyway.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 06:09 PM
i think it has to do with WM plans

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Lol. What are they "planning" for WM besides the two main events I know of and the Vince vs. Trump plan.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 06:13 PM
some kind of ladder match. I mean, its not for certain. But I would bet just about anything that there'll be either a multiple tag team ladder match, or a MITB match on the card. Which would involve many of the same wrestlers from this match.

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 06:17 PM
They shouldn't have blown their load on this type of match. If they hadn't had that meaningless four-way tag team ladder match at whatever PPV they had it on then they could have waited until Wrestlemania and have a TLC match for the Tag Titles with the Hardys MNM and London and Kendrick.

Maybe use that time to develop Taylor & Regal more, make them a more of a threat instead of the tag team of the month.

Does that make sense?

Londoner
02-17-2007, 06:19 PM
They could always make the hardyz/mnm match a cage match to make it a bit more interesting. This feud has gone on far too long really, but this would add to the storyline of Mercury getting revenge on Matt, Mercury says he wont give up until he damages Matts face as much as his is damaged, well this would be the perfect oppotunity to do it.

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 06:20 PM
They had a Jeff Hardy vs. Nitro cage match already, that's probably where the rivalry should have ended.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 06:24 PM
I agree, but they might aswell end it in a cage match,we've already seen a boring normal tag team match, it means nothing no matter who wins.

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 06:26 PM
That's the point. . .it should have ended allready, the Hardy's and MNM aren't even officially tag teams.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM

It's happened on countless occasions.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I can't think of a big one. Please help me out.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, Big Show replacing Austin in Survivor Series 99 for starters. Yes, it was due to an injury, but WWE knew for WEEKS that Austin wasn't going to be able to compete.

They didn't admit it in case it hurt PPV buys, then replaced him with The Big Show on the night.

On loads of occasions, matches have changed or been dropped on the night of a PPV.

And just look at last year's Great American Trash PPV.

And look at the Sabu debacle at December To Disappoint.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Yea Austin in 99 and this years Great American Bash were matches I had in mind when saying, except for rare occasions due to circumstances beyond their control.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 06:51 PM
The Austin situation was in their control though. They should never have announced the match to begin with.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 06:56 PM
But why make the match a less interesting one?

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 07:01 PM
The only thing I can think of is they want to put the straps on Deuce and Domino, maybe leading to a Kendrick vs London feud in time for a match between them at WrestleMania. Wishful thinking, perhaps, and I haven't been impressed much by D & D

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
They used it to play into a storyline tho, and to make Big Shows title win a suprise. Sure, maybe it was deceptive. But it made for a great twist for people, and since it was pre-planned and worked into a storyline, I wouldn't blame them for it. Much better than announcing that Big Show would just take his place.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 07:09 PM
It wasn't a great twist, it was a farce. WWE was in a total mess, because Vince Russo, Ed Ferrara and Terry Taylor had all left them in short succession. That was basically the entire creative team, and all of their directions and plans were suddenly rendered void. That PPV was one of the worst of all time, and the sight of the Big Show (who had been embroiled in a lower midcard feud with the Big Bossman) holding the WWE title at the end just made it even worse.

Imagine if Shawn Michaels is yanked off the card during the PPV, and WrestleMania inexplicably ends with Chris Masters wearing the WWE title. Sure, nobody saw it coming. Sure, it was a twist. But it's still a slap in the face of the PPV buying customer.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
To be fair, Big Show was still a big player despite his midcard fued.

Londoner
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Imagine if Shawn Michaels is yanked off the card during the PPV, and WrestleMania inexplicably ends with Chris Masters wearing the WWE title.

Stop giving them ideas...

Caged Heat18
02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I didn't like that the ladder match was called off, but atleast they did it with time to spare before the ppv. I hate the bait-and-switch on pay per views. That really bugs me.

Jeritron
02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Undertaker vs Triple H was supposed to be switched weeks before Wrestlemania17 to be Triple H vs Shawn Michaels wasn't it? And then Shawn passed out?
I remember hearing that.

NeanderCarl
02-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Undertaker vs Triple H was supposed to be switched weeks before Wrestlemania17 to be Triple H vs Shawn Michaels wasn't it? And then Shawn passed out?
I remember hearing that.

Nah the plan was Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, but Michaels was suspended for "personal issues", so they then decided to go with Triple H vs The Undertaker.

If I remember correctly though, the long standing plan for WrestleMania 17 was always for Triple H to wrestle a celebrity (think they entered negotiations with a big name footballer but I don't know who, being a Brit and all). Trips was apparently desperate to prove that he was such a good worker, he can carry a non-worker to a WrestleMania calibre match. You know what, back then I think he could have pulled it off too!

Corkscrewed
02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
C'mon, guys. NOTHING makes sense in the WWE these days.

The Optimist
02-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Not true. Somethings make total sense, which makes the totally utterly fucked up stuff even more unbearable.

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty stupid move by the WWE. Another Ladder Match could have gotten London & Kendrick over as the tag team the WWE needs to make the belts mean something.

Wishful thinking is that we will get the Ladder Match at WrestleMania, maybe with The World's Greatest Tag Team involved, but I doubt the WWE is that smart.

The Six-Man Tag Team Match will be solid, no doubt about it, and it will likely set up Chris Benoit vs. MVP for the US Title, but they really should have planned things better. Why not just have Benoit vs. Porter on the card, and have the scheduled Ladder Match? Deuce N' Domino can work a match on Heat and continue their winning streak before they actually challenge for the Tag Titles. Maybe have The Highlanders face them in an interpromotional match?

The only way I will not cry bloody murder over this is if London & Kendrick are involved in a Ladder Match of sorts at WrestleMania.

NeanderCarl
02-18-2007, 12:18 AM
The lads don't need a ladder to have a good match anyway. Why go sparko if they aren't involved in a match with a stepladder gimmick at WrestleMania? Unless they go for a tag team Money In The Bank, you know that ain't happening.

Most likely scenario right now, the way I see it, is a London vs Kendrick match at WrestleMania, which given time could be a very good opening match for the card. Chins up.

Fox
02-18-2007, 03:02 AM
I think I'd rather see two good wrestling matches and Chris Benoit on the card than another 8-man ladder spot fest. Save it for Mania.

The Optimist
02-18-2007, 03:20 AM
So. . .what? Carl are you suggesting that they just totally fuck the Tag Team Titles even more by having them fight against each other at Wrestlemania?

I guess we just don't need any sort of tag team wrestling at all, ever again.

I maintain that they should have saved any sort of HUGE ladder match for WM, then gone balls out, shit to the wall, with Kendrick and London totally going STRAIGHT over MNM and the Hardy's maybe WGTT too. Then we've avoided the last four or five months of "The Hardy's are back together OMG one night only"

Volare
02-18-2007, 04:52 AM
Because the WWE knows that most wrestling fans now-days have boxes so we can see this crap for free :)

Kane Knight
02-18-2007, 07:56 AM
I think I'd rather see two good wrestling matches and Chris Benoit on the card than another 8-man ladder spot fest. Save it for Mania.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kane Knight
02-18-2007, 07:56 AM
I think I'd rather see two good wrestling matches and Chris Benoit on the card than another 8-man ladder spot fest. Save it for Impact.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NeanderCarl
02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
So. . .what? Carl are you suggesting that they just totally fuck the Tag Team Titles even more by having them fight against each other at Wrestlemania?

No, I'm not suggesting it, I'm offering it as a possible scenario, and even then only in the event that Deuce N' Domino take the titles first.

Anyway... the World tag team champions will be facing each other at WM, why not the WWE tags?

Skippord
02-18-2007, 01:04 PM
lol KK

Destor
02-18-2007, 01:05 PM
I doubt they are going to still have those belts come time for the PPV...

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2007, 05:34 PM
The lads don't need a ladder to have a good match anyway. Why go sparko if they aren't involved in a match with a stepladder gimmick at WrestleMania? Unless they go for a tag team Money In The Bank, you know that ain't happening.

Most likely scenario right now, the way I see it, is a London vs Kendrick match at WrestleMania, which given time could be a very good opening match for the card. Chins up.

Paul London vs. Brian Kendrick would indeed be a nice little match. I doubt the WWE would give them time, though. Another match London & Kendrick could be amazing in is a WWE Tag Team Champions vs. World Tag Team Champions Match against The World's Greatest Tag Team. I just have the visual of Shelton Benjamin springboarding in, only to get caught by a Double Superkick from the WWE Tag Team Champions.

Once again, though, I doubt the WWE is dedicated enough to their little guys to make this happen.

The Optimist
02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
No, I'm not suggesting it, I'm offering it as a possible scenario, and even then only in the event that Deuce N' Domino take the titles first.

Anyway... the World tag team champions will be facing each other at WM, why not the WWE tags?
Because that's making a bad situation even worse just for the sake that it's a lost cause.

Man, I just said the Tag Team division is a lost cause. It's good to finally accept that vocally.

Londoner
02-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I think the match was cancelled cause they needed an extra match for the PPV.

The Optimist
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I still wonder why they didn't just do Matt Hardy vs. Joe Mercury, maybe even a gimmick match. I think it's built up enough. Then you can make the Benoit vs. MVP for the title and start that early. That's two extra matches without actually bringing any Raw people in. Then Kennedy in at a rematch for the US Title at Wrestlemania.

Londoner
02-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah exactly, personal rivlaries should bring stipulation matches, Mercury never even got a chance to get proper revenge. Maybe they'll do that at WM in a singles match?? Infact, that maybe it.

The Optimist
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I can only hope. . .since that makes sense. Mercury and Hardy can put together a good match on Smackdown, so if they got any time at WM then it'd be golden.

Londoner
02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Shit, it makes too much sense, forget it then.

Londoner
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I can't expect WWE to use common sense, the most likely thing is they just needed an extra match for the PPV and don't give a shit about the Mercury/Hardy feud anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2007, 02:06 AM
I still wonder why they didn't just do Matt Hardy vs. Joe Mercury, maybe even a gimmick match. I think it's built up enough. Then you can make the Benoit vs. MVP for the title and start that early. That's two extra matches without actually bringing any Raw people in. Then Kennedy in at a rematch for the US Title at Wrestlemania.

I was expecting Matt Hardy vs. Joey Mercury in a match where ladders were legal to be added to the No Way Out card during the build-up, but then they confirmed the Ladder Match. If I was booking, London & Kendrick would have feuded with Deuce N' Domino, defeated them, and Hardy would have beaten Mercury via DQ when Mercury used a chair. This sets up TLC between London & Kendrick, The Hardys and MNM for WrestleMania.

Londoner
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
^ There's already MITB for WM though, wouldn't make sense having two ladder matches on the card. I hope they do something with this Mercury/Matt feud at WM otherwise it just seems to be a waste.What stipulation should they use? I'm struggling to think of one. I keep thinking of cage but then thats been done already with Jeff&Nitros match.

NeanderCarl
02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Umm... Punjabi Prison Match?

Seriously, how's abouts Last Man Standing?

Londoner
02-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Last Man Standing would be fitting, but i can't see the WWE giving it to two midcarders.

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see two mid-carders making the card. Matt Hardy will likely be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. If MVP can secure a US Title shot, I can see Joey Mercury being in there, as well. If not, it might be pre-show Battle Royal for him.

I think they may do the Ladder Match on Saturday Night's Main Event. They usually like one car-crash match for the show, and the WWE Tag Team Championship Ladder Match could be it. Then at WrestleMania do WWE Tag Team Champions vs. World Tag Team Champions. :y: