PDA

View Full Version : Clox's Counsel #3: Pro Wrestling as Art

Indifferent Clox
02-19-2007, 05:54 PM
First thing I'd like to adress this week is the tragic deaths of both Bam Bam Bigelow and Mike Awesome. Great wrestlers. It seems like great big man are hard to find and even harder to keep in pro wrestling.

In Today's Counsel I'd like to adress the seeming stereotype of Pro Wrestling and how far the image has come, and ironically how bad the product has become.

In the begging Pro Wrestling was the stuff of carnivals. Interesting and painful.
40 years ago it was a sport. 20 years ago it was widely considered entertainment of rednecks. And now, as it garners more mainstream attention, it doesn't really deserve that attention it should have had 10 years ago.

I'm a firm believer that Pro Wrestling is a mix of Theater and Sports, ala Sports entertainment. However, I find that not even the purest wrestling or the greatest storylines have reached their potential.

Imagine if Pro Wrestling Addressed topics that actually mattered in America. Social Issues and matters of much controversy. It could provide clever, intelligent satire on the human dilema. The Charecter's could be used to adress specific issues, or to simply make interesting commentaries on life.
Pro Wrestling could be art.

A mixture of Sacrifice and drama different than anything else. If it had the proper writer's and wrestler's it could become not only the highest rated show, but the show for intellects and marks. The Ultimate Show.

If we could get thought provoking stories and charecters, Incredibly interesting, controversial matches, and wrestlers who actually speak to us we could have a new revolution in Pro Wrestling and in art.

It seems however that when pro wrestling is finally at it's new peak socially (with shows on TV almost every night. And several new promotions doing incredible things and garnering more news media attention than ever before) it's at it's worst quality.

We on the internet discuss all sorts of things, and I'm sure many of us would love to be writer's for WWE. We can come up with all sorts of things that would make wrestling better. I hope that some of us go to get higher education and use our knowledge of the industry to go on and make wrestling a more artistic and socially relevant medium.

Indifferent Clox
02-19-2007, 06:39 PM
discuss

Jeritron
02-19-2007, 06:40 PM
where's my bag of pickles when I need it?....

Outsider
02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I've always thought that wrestling could work as a sport in the same way ice skating does. It is two people working together to produce something entertaining and atheletic.

It is a sport, but one that is more akin to a performing art like ice skating or gymnatics than boxing or amatuer wrestling.

Indifferent Clox
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Yeah. I just think they could use the 'story' part as art

Blitz
02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Good fucking God, enough with the stupid Cobra Kai avatars.

Destor
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Seriously. It's a bit much.

Jeritron
02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
If clox doesn't leave I will.

Dave Youell
02-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Personally as a wrestler I do consider part of what I do art

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 03:36 AM
Your sign at Wrestlemania 19 was art

Dave Youell
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Your sign at Wrestlemania 19 was art
Yes, yes it was, I sold that for $5,000,000 to Lars from Metallica.

Fignuts
02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Cobra Kai: An Elite Collection of Wrestling Forum Posters who's main focus is to discuss wrestling and do away with spam and nonsense. The Kai provides the forum with intense knowledge and discussions about wrestling. We show No Mercy!

lol you idiot, their whole whole purpose IS to spam using nonsense.

ron the dial
02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
So fucking glad I got out of that Kai business before Clox joined up.

tucsonspeed6
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
So if we've got a bunch of Cobra Kai's running around, where are their Jedi counterparts?

Jeritron
02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Weapon X is gone, and Clox is in? I'm kai no longer.

M-A-G
02-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Newsflash: It's just f*cking wrestling.

El Fangel
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Newsflash: Get a fucking spellcheck.

Indifferent Clox
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Personally as a wrestler I do consider part of what I do art
I'm a wrestler to, and I consider it art. But it could make more of an impact socially.

addy2hotty
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I hope that some of us go to get higher education and use our knowledge of the industry to go on and make wrestling a more artistic and socially relevant medium.

For someone who spells 'address' wrong several times, I think you need to be concentrating on basic education at this time.

ChiefStubbs
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Umm, could someone please help me out? Are there stables of people here on these forums? I mean, I know the Church of Naitch, but there are others?

addy2hotty
02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Umm, could someone please help me out? Are there stables of people here on these forums? I mean, I know the Church of Naitch, but there are others?

It's an avatar revenge thing.

ChiefStubbs
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Someone needs to write down the history of this place.

Indifferent Clox
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
We tried. It failed.

ChiefStubbs
02-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Who the hell are you to call TPWW and yourself "we"? You've been around for a year and everybody hates you(or so I figure from your red rep)! I would actually rather someone more respectable like Destor or Kane Knight say "we" than you.