PDA

View Full Version : Carlito/Flair

Ninti the Mad
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Does anyone else think Flair is going to pass the torch to Carlito?

I can see Carlito playing the role of the "dirtiest player in the game" well. I also wonder since Flair worked with his father so I'm not sure if there is some kind of personal aspect to this.

Corkscrewed
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
How many people has Flair "passed the torch to" anyway? I thought it was supposed to be to Orton a few years ago. :-\

James Steele
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Orton couldn't carry Ric Flair's ass-sweat in a cup without botching it, let alone "the torch".

Maluco
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Personally, I think it was just a WWE punishment for Carlito's slacking and lack of passion for the business. Instead of hearing it behind closed doors, they let one of their most respected and loved legends teel it like it is in front of every viewer, as only Flair can.

Think we will see Carlito buried and released before he gets his hands on any sort of torch from anyone.

Kane Knight
02-19-2007, 10:45 PM
We all know what a lack of passion does for you in WWE...Batista's been depushed...

Maluco
02-19-2007, 10:52 PM
...and we all know that WWE likes to treat everyone equally :yes:

Mr. Nerfect
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
I've always wanted to see someone take the title of "Nature Boy" from Ric Flair. I doubt it will be Carlito, though. I hope this program allows Carlito to bust out his Figure Four, though. With it and the Backcracker as finishing moves, he might actually get over some more.

Legend Killer
02-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I wonder that to, but the Nature Boy wasn't even passed down to Flair, he stole it from Buddy Rogers.
I don't think it's a passing of a torch I think it's a way of getting to Carlito of his view of the wrestling business.

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 08:32 AM
...and we all know that WWE likes to treat everyone equally :yes:

That's actually pretty funny, coming from the guy who was asking me "Yeah, but if you ignore the facts, could this WWE new blood idea work?"

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I've always wanted to see someone take the title of "Nature Boy" from Ric Flair. I doubt it will be Carlito, though. I hope this program allows Carlito to bust out his Figure Four, though. With it and the Backcracker as finishing moves, he might actually get over some more.

Yeah...No.

Much as it should happen, it probably never will. For one, Flair's not saying goodbye. He'll die in that fucking ring.

Avenger
02-20-2007, 08:37 AM
We all know what a lack of passion does for you in WWE...Batista's been depushed...Batista = Friend's with Haitch

Maluco
02-20-2007, 09:55 AM
That's actually pretty funny, coming from the guy who was asking me "Yeah, but if you ignore the facts, could this WWE new blood idea work?"

Facts such as 'how the WWE book" can change, and it would have been my hope that WWE realised their situation, but were at a loss over how to tackle it. You are right though, maybe its just that they don't care or have failed to see there is a problem.

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Facts such as 'how the WWE book" can change, and it would have been my hope that WWE realised their situation, but were at a loss over how to tackle it. You are right though, maybe its just that they don't care or have failed to see there is a problem.

Facts like that cannot change as long WWE doesn't want them to change. If they wanted them to change, they would be changing them.

Occam's Razor, much?

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Batista = Friend's with Haitch

Which is why he's being pushed on the "B" show, like the rest of Trips' friends?

addy2hotty
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM

They acknowledged the problem that the product is shit a few weeks ago on Raw. Now it appears to be a running joke.

Like 'how long can we leave a barbers chair on camera on Raw before someone buys Mania based on this match alone'.

Jordan
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I liked Flair and Carlito as a team they were good, I hope they take the gold at WM.

Stickman
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM
"The Nature Boy" Carlito Carribean Cool. Got a ring to it....

Kane Knight
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
They acknowledged the problem that the product is shit a few weeks ago on Raw. Now it appears to be a running joke.

Pretty much.

Except I'd say this has been an issue for quite some time. WWE has a rather large contempt issue with its fanbase, so there's a lot of "screw yous" to the fans, which are more or less the same.

The Optimist
02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Does NO ONE AT ALL remember that we've seen this before? Carlito and Flair already fueded more than a year ago, I loved it then and I love it no but fuck. If they we're going to "pass the torch" and all that other garbage than they had an equally able oppurtunity to do it then.

Just sayin'.

Rockit Bustah.

Rammsteinmad
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
A. I'd prefer Flair not to be in a match at Wrestlemania.

B. I'd prefer not for this whole "pass the torch" thing. "Nature Boy" Carlito will ALWAYS be remembered as the guy who took Flair's nickname. Carlito has the potential to be huge by himself.

Vastardikai
02-22-2007, 02:46 AM
We all know what a lack of passion does for you in WWE...Batista's been depushed...

... So has Randy Orton.

And don't tell me the only reason he's in it is for something OTHER than the money.

Kane Knight
02-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Orton's back on top, though. Unless Rated RKO is jobbing to Melina, Nitro, and Val Venis now.

Afterlife
02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
First of all, Flair will not die in the ring; he'll die on the ramp, in a delusion of grandeur and a puddle of his own make.

Secondly, Orton is not 'back on top'. Orton is skirting the shoals of This Island Edge, and as soon as they split this feeble attempt at making Orton popular by proxy, Edge will remain atop the pyramid and the borish lamprey that is Randy Orton will be reduced to squashing nobodies to jerk off his ego and sustain the family name.

Third, I really hate the term "pass the torch". It's as trite and pompous a phraseology in wrestling as "straw man" and "red herring" are in politics. If you mean, "Will Flair let Carlito use his character basis after his retirement," then that's a foolish question, because Flair has a very generic character base that a lot of guys use: cheater. Anybody can be a cheater, and, quite frankly, Flair isn't much of a character to 'pass on', anyway. On the other hand, if your question was "Will Carlito assume the position of Flair's character on the hierarchy of the roster after Flair's retirement," that, too, is a useless interrogative. Carlito doesn't have the history or the experience to simply become great from hanging out with an old guy that passed his prime 25 years ago. Carlito, as all wrestlers, must become great under his own power.

A while back, someone asked if Johnny Nitro would be the next Shawn Micheals. My answer then was the same as in this scenario: If Carlito becomes a new Ric Flair, my original hatred of him will return ten fold. Let Carlito become Carlito and let Flair fade the fuck away.