PDA

View Full Version : Three Way Dance

ChiefStubbs
02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I was reading Hardcore History, and it mentioned a Three-Way Dance between Terry Funk, Sabu, and Shane Douglas in 1994. However, I can't find this match on OWW. Ummmm, help, please?

mrslackalack
02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
on Rise and Fall they mentioned that this match in Jan 94 I believe went a full 60 minute draw, I believe it had to be a great match as well as it got a standing ovation.

Mr. JL
02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Taken from Obsessed With Wrestling
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/ecw.html

February 5, 1994--The Night the Line was Crossed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at ECW Arena: 911 b Chad Austin, Mr. Hughes b Sal Bellomo, Tommy Cairo & Sandman b Pitbull #1 & Rockin' Rebel in a "Double Dog Collar Chain" match, The Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge) b The Bruise Brothers (Ron & Don Harris) in a "No Rules" match, Jimmy Snuka b Tommy Dreamer, The Sheik & Pat Tanaka b The Tazmaniac & Kevin Sullivan, J.T. Smith b Mike Awesome, Terry Funk vs Sabu vs Shane Douglas in a "Triangle" match ended in a 60 minute time limit draw (Terry Funk retains his ECW World Heavyweight title)..
---
Not sure if that is what your looking for, or if you are looking for something more IN-DEPTH, but that is what I could find.

Mr. JL
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
On that note, the match was freaking insane considering it occured in 1994. I know you could download the entire event over at pwtorrents.net a while ago. It was well worth it too.

Stickman
02-21-2007, 02:38 PM
So what's the difference between a Triangle Match, Three Way Dance and Triple Threat?

redoneja
02-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Triangle match is three wrestlers, with 2 in the ring at a time and third on the outside and waiting to be tagged in by either guy. One fall to a finish.

Triple threat is all 3 wrestlers in the ring at the same time. One fall to a finish.

3 Way Dance is all 3 in the ring at the same time and is elimination style.

At least that's how I was brought up to believe.

Pepsi Man
02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Triangle match is three wrestlers, with 2 in the ring at a time and third on the outside and waiting to be tagged in by either guy. One fall to a finish.

Triple threat is all 3 wrestlers in the ring at the same time. One fall to a finish.

3 Way Dance is all 3 in the ring at the same time and is elimination style.

At least that's how I was brought up to believe.
That's pretty good, except I've seen "Three Way Dance" Matches that have been one fall. I believe there were both "Elimination Style" and one fall "Three Way Dance" bouts in ECW and other organizations, while "Triple Threat" was the WWF(/E)'s term.

The One
02-22-2007, 05:42 PM
redoneja was on the money. Some promotions are too stupid to remember the rules to matches (WWE included) so they give a match a certain name when it is infact...not...

Also, Douglas/Funk/Sabu should be a MUST SEE for anyone who considers themselves a wrestling history buff. It is the match that kind of set in motion the new "90's Style" of storytelling.

Kane Knight
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd love to see three way dances return. Especially for the sake of video games.