PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho makes live appearence at show!!!

Xero
02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Last night we braved the rain and L.A. traffic to head up to the Groundlings. We got a late start, and by the time we got there they had already opened the theatre doors, but we still managed to get our front row seats. It was a sellout, which was good because the last time it wasn't.

Karen Maruyama was the director, and she introduced the cast...Jeremy Rowley (Groundlings regular), Mindy Sterling (she was shown at ringside during the SuperShow in Los Angeles last October), Patrick Bristow (Groundlings alumnus), Amir Talai (part of the Sunday Groundling's show), Margee Magee (first time seeing her, not sure what she's known for), and Chris Jericho (WWE undisputed champ...only this time he's not carrying the belt and he's wearing clothes...that's how Karen introduced him.)

The first skit was a "Chorus Line" type musical...the audience provided the idea that the 3 people were singing about getting a job as a milk taster. Amir was up first, then Chris...and Chris said he was a milkaholic and because of that he had a hard time scoring with the ladies ...and then Patrick.

Next was a skit with Jeremy and Mindy. They were coming home from a date where they'd been scuba diving and Mindy forgot to rent a mask with the scuba gear. Turns out she was really trying to get rid of him.

Next was Chris and Margee on a date to celebrate their 5th dating anniversary. They were at Space Camp, and there was a lot of sexual innuendo about rockets exploding and joining the 20-mile high club.

They always do a Shakespeare inspired play, and this time it was Patrick and Jeremy. These two are really magic together. Afterwards we had a chance to talk to Patrick and my friend told him how great she thinks they are together, he said it's because they trust each other, and thanked her for noticing. Patrick Bristow is just awesome. This play was called "The Wood Nymph's Knife" and Jeremy (the nymph) had stabbed Patrick's lady.

Next was Mindy, Margee, and Amir on a road trip. They were going from South Dakotah to North Dakotah to go to the Antique's Road show.

Next was a really FUNNY skit with Patrick and Chris. Five years before Patrick had reached into another dimension and pulled out his doppleganger (Chris). There was a lot of visual humor here because while they resemble each other (blonde-haired and each with a scruffy beard...yes Chris is growing a beard again) Patrick is goofy looking and Chris is buff. It was funny. Patrick said he looked like Howdy Doody.

Then there was a "new choice" skit. Mindy and Margee were working at a laser-tag arena. The deal is that every time Karen yells "new choice" they have to change their lines.

Next was a thing where 3 of them are putting on a play, and the other 3 watch so that when the play is done they can perform it as the understudies. Basically the understudies watch for things they can really mock and mimic...and they always get on Chris for being so muscular. The play was called "Where the Tea Grows" and Chris and Margee were looking for the tea seed. If they found it then hopefully she could get pregnant. Chris put a lot of heart-felt emotion into this one. Then Amir came out, he was the sheriff. He said he didn't understand what Chris had that he doesn't. Again, visual humor as Amir is about 5'5" and skinny. When the understudies came up, Jeremy played Chris's part and I lauged so hard I cried. His mocking portrayal of Chris...arms sticking out because they're too muscled to hold next to his body, talking like a goof. OMG...it was hysterical.

Next was a skit with Margee, Amir, and Jeremy engaging in teen-angst over the fact they had to wear uniforms.

Next was Mindy and Patrick cramming for an exam on forestry. Mindy was sooo funny "hyped-up" on caffiene.

Next was one were Karen picked a real play out of a book...she chose one called Scapino... Amir got to read the real lines of the play and Jeremy had to improvise. The premise given by the audience was Jeremy was Amir's butler. This was funny, the way they delivered the lines.

The last one before intermission was soooo funny. Karen picked someone out of the audience (unfortunately it wasn't me ) and the girl had to take Chris out in the lobby and "keep him occupied"...while they were gone the audience had to pick a crime that Chris had committed, and then when he came back he had to guess what it was based on hints the police officers (Patrick and Jeremy) gave him. OMG. First of all, when it was time for them to come back in, Karen goes to the door to get them and says "Where did they go?" So the girl comes back in (and I was sitting next to the door so I hear them through the wall, Chris really chatted her up!) and then Chris comes in and had a huge smile on his face. The crime was that he'd kidnapped Mr T's chihuahua. The clues were ...the police officers were eating Taco Bell, Jeremy said "B...no A", they told him he had a group of people with him, like athletes but not...Chris guessed "A-Team"...then Patrick said Chris had funny hair implants, he kept touching his hair and making a mohawk in it. When they asked Chris what he wanted to drink he said "Tea"...Then they said "Ay!" a few times, so Chris thought the Mr T and the A-Team had gone to Scotland. LOL! Finally they told him he had to run for the border, and he had "7, 8, 9...'k 9!" charges against him...so he correctly identified that he had kidnapped Mr T's dog. They had to supply the "chihuahua" part afterwards.

Then was intermission, and after intermission they improv a playlet. The premise was that a big corporation (WalMart) was trying to squeeze out the local fishermen in Anchorage. Jeremy and Patrick played the local fishermen (Jeremy said the sea made them "f***s"). Amir and Chris were the WalMart fishermen. Chris's name was "Scratch". Margee and Mindy were Inuit...wives of Patrick and Jeremy. In the end, Patrick and Jeremy traded their wives to Chris and Amir and took of in the corporate boat to go ot Aruba.

Afterwards, we hang out in the lobby in the hopes of having a word with Chris.

He came out, made eye contact, smiled and said "Hey you guys!". He said he couldn't stick around to talk because he had to catch a red-eye. Said he was going "home" So he took off and went outside.

I went outside to find my friend, and Chris was down at the valet requesting his car. Pretty soon Chris walked back up, and stood right next to me. We wanted to shake his hand, but he had money in his hand to tip the valet. He said "Here, have some money"....LOL! He talked to us for a bit, then turned away to talk to the Groundlings band. We stood there talking about the fact that we think there's an oxygen bar across the street. Weird. Then, we all walked down to the lot. His car came first (of course) and we all watched him drive away. Our car came last.

Chris has made great strides! Last night he was right on target...he's really come into his own. He looked like an old pro at it. He was in the zone. Plus...I was able to stand there and talk to him and not feel like a total dweeb.

From PWInsider.