PDA

View Full Version : FakeRazor's 2007 MLB predictions

FakeLaser
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
AL East
1) New York Yankees
They have the best lineup in baseball. Defense has been upgraded with Mientkiewicz, and there's no way A-Rod can be that bad again. Matsui is back for a full season. They have one of the best bullpens in baseball, if not the best. The top 3 starters are solid (Wang will be a true ace with an improved defense behind him) and if Igawa or Pavano falter, Sanchez and Hughes are 2 of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball.

2) Boston Red Sox *
They are scary this year. Their lineup nearly equals the Yankees. Nobody wants to face Ortiz/Ramirez/Drew. A big question will be if Drew can remain healthy, however. Manny’s dedication is in question, of course. Varitek’s skills are declining but he’s still a good leader. Julio Lugo gives the team some speed, something they lacked last year. Dustin Pedoria gives the team a young star. The starting rotation will either be a real strength (one of the best in baseball) or an albatross. It all depends on if Schilling can stay healthy, Papelbon can transition to the rotation, and if Beckett and Matsuzaka live up to their potential. The thing holding them back from overtaking the Yankees is their bullpen which is loaded with question marks, and no true closer.

3) Toronto Blue Jays
The team that can never catch a break. They’re solid all around, but not good enough to compete with the Sox or the Yanks. The Frank Thomas deal was pretty retarded but if he performs like he did last year he will help the team short-term. The Jays should really be thinking about long-term, however. Right now, they don’t have the core to beat the Yankees or the Red Sox, so signing someone like Thomas doesn’t make much sense. They made some awesome moves signing John Thomson and Tomo Okha which rounds out their rotation nicely. Halladay and Burnett are among the best 1-2 punches in baseball, but they both have problems staying healthy. The pen is solid and they have one of the best closers in baseball. They just don’t have enough to win it in the AL East though.

4) Baltimore Orioles
This is a team loaded with potential. They can never seem to put it all together though. They can hit; Tejada, Mora and Brian Roberts need no introduction. Nick Markakis may become the face of the franchise when all is said and done. Aubrey Huff was a nice addition. Pitching seems to be their problem, though their staff is loaded with potential. Erik Bedard is probably the most underrated pitcher in all of baseball. If Daniel Cabrera can learn to spot his pitches then he can be dominant. It’s all downhill from there, however. Jaret Wright and Kris Benson are no better than 5th starters. Steve Traschel is just terrible. They have a solid young closer in Chris Ray, and picked up some solid arms: Danys Baez, Chad Bradford and Jamie Walker. The pen is a strength. There’s no way they can compete in the AL with that rotation, however.

5) Tampa Bay Devil Rays
The biggest problem facing the Rays is the front office. They overflow with young talent, but they never have any pitching. They should trade a couple guys to make room for Delmon Young and BJ Upton. If I were them I’d move Baldelli and Iwamura (provided he’s any good) at the end of the season for pitching. Scott Kazmir is amazing, but beyond that, their best pitcher is Jae Seo. The bullpen is also terrible.

AL Central
1) Detroit Tigers
Possibly the best team in baseball plugged its one hole by adding a front-line slugger, Gary Sheffield. That’s the one move they had to make this off season and they made it. I like that they kept Sean Casey as well. They have an amazing young pitching staff, coupled with one of the top bullpens in baseball. Joel Zumaya could be the top closer in all of baseball before the season ends. They could be unstoppable.

2) Cleveland Indians
The only thing holding them back is their terrible bullpen. I really don’t think Borowski will cut it as a closer in the AL Central. Someone else needs to step up (Betancourt). They have one of the best lineups in baseball. Victor Martinez might be the worst catcher in all of baseball though, defensively. He needs to get better fast or become a first baseman. The rotation is solid but not spectacular. Sabathia is a solid ace, but after that there’s nobody too exciting, though Jeremy Sowers could prove to be a beast.

3) Minnesota Twins
They’re pretty much the same team as last year, minus a half season from Liriano. They need to win now because they’ll probably lose Santana. I feel bad for Twins fans, imagine this rotation: Santana, Liriano, Bonser, Garza, Silva.

4) Chicago White Sox
My boldest prediction. 4th place in the AL East doesn’t mean that they’ll be a bad team really, they just aren’t good enough to beat the other three. This team fell apart last season, and it will continue, IMO. They lost Freddy Garcia and his replacement, Brandon McCarthy. I can’t see Jermaine Dye repeating his 2006 performance. Juan Uribe spent the 2006 offseason in court. Darin Erstad was a nice acquisition, I guess. I don’t think Contreras will be as good. Buehrle should rebound. Garland and Vazquez will sink further into mediocrity.

5) Kansas City Royals
The worst team in the AL. They did improve this offseason, however. Alex Gordon is my pick for Rookie of the Year. Gil Meche makes the rotation better, though he was not a good investment. Brian Bannister was a better one. Mark Teahen is solid. Imagine being Reggie Sanders; starting for the Cardinals 2 seasons ago, now a backup on the Royals. Kinda reminds me of Chuck Knoblauch, starting second baseman for the Yankees, to leftfielder for the Royals. The only team worse than them is the Nationals.

AL West
1) Los Angeles Angels
Gary Matthews Jr. will help them this year but he’ll be an albatross sooner or later. They have one of the best rotations and one of the best bullpens. They need one more big bat, however. Matthews Jr. was not the answer. I hate them almost as much as The Miz because the Yankees can never seem to beat them for some reason.

2) Oakland A's
Their success rests on Mike Piazza’s shoulders. They can’t hit. They couldn’t hit last year, but Frank Thomas carried them. Now he’s gone, and Piazza has got to fill the void. Dan Johnson could step up now that he’s cleared up his vision problems. Bobby Crosby needs to have a great season as well. Rich Harden needs to stay healthy, which isn’t likely. There are just too many if’s holding this team back from beating the Angels this year.

3) Texas Rangers
More of the same this year for the Rangers… all offense, no pitching. They’re like the Mariners of the mid-90s, minus Randy Johnson. They won’t miss Matthews Jr; Lofton should be adequate enough and costs a fraction of what Matthews Jr. cost. Catalonatto was one of the best pickups of the offseason by any team. Brandon McCarthy was another solid move. They made all the right moves, I guess, but they missed out on acquiring an ace. If they landed Zito, they’d give the Angels a run for the money.

4) Seattle Mariners
They made the worst move of the offseason possibly in acquiring Jose Vidro. They also fucked up their biggest strength by letting Rafael Soriano go. Putz and Soriano made every game 2 innings shorter. The pitching is pretty awful beyond Hernandez. Washburn is alright, but he’s not a number 2. Miguel Batista is not going to be good, same goes for Jeff Weaver. This team is going to get worse and worse. Ichiro is gone after this season. The one bright spot is Felix Hernandez. The M’s should concentrate on building a winner before he bolts too.

FakeLaser
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
NL East

1) Philadelphia Phillies
I originally had them 2nd, but as I was looking them over, I realized that they’re a lot more well rounded than the Mets. They aren’t as good offensively, but their starting rotation is far and away better. It’s not like they’re a slouch on offense either, Ryan Howard and Chase Utley are beasts. Jimmy Rollins is one of the best leadoff men in baseball and Burrell, Helms, Barajas and Rowand can all hit as well. I really, really like their rotation for some reason. Brett Myers is underrated and I think his troubles are behind him. Freddy Garcia is going to benefit hugely moving to the NL. Jamie Moyer is still a good pitcher and a great clubhouse guy to have. Cole Hamels will be the ace of this staff someday, possibly even this year. He’s one of the best young pitchers in baseball. Jon Lieber and Adam Eaton will fight over the last spot in the rotation, and they’re both certainly viable 5th starters. Solid pen anchored by Tom Gordon, an upper tier closer. They might be the best team in the NL.

2) New York Mets
Nobody can touch them offensively in the NL, but they don’t have enough pitching. Tom Glavine is their only sure thing this season though, and he’s in his 40s. Who knows when Pedro is going to pitch again? There’s no way in hell El Duque is making it through a full season either, IMO. He’s probably 50, and now has arthritis in his neck and back. Oliver Perez needs to be at least half the pitcher he was in 2004. John Maine should be ok. I wouldn’t count on Jorge Sosa. The bullpen is solid, but the rotation has the potential to be awful, which will kill them. If El Duque makes it through the season, Pedro pitches and Maine and Perez step up they will win the division. It’s just too many if’s though.

3) Florida Marlins
The team of the future. Another season or two and these guys could win another World Series and then be disbanded and the whole process will start over again. The oldest starter is Miguel Cabrera, I think, and he’s like 25. The pitching staff is tremendous. The team just needs another year or so for seasoning before they become serious contenders. They competed for the wild card last year and will do so again.

4) Atlanta Braves
Their biggest strength is their bullpen. Mike Gonzalaz or Rafael Soriano should be taking Bob Wickman’s job sooner rather than later. Brian McCann, Jeff Franoceur and Matt Diaz make up a good young core, surrounded by veterans like the Jones’. The pitching staff is solid but unspectacular, following John Smoltz. They won’t have enough to contend this year though.

5) Washington Nationals
I can’t even express how bad this team is. I’ll be shocked if they win 10 games. Cristian Guzman and Nook Logan will both start and struggle to post a .300 OBP. Nick Johnson will not stay healthy. The only real bright spots are Ryan Zimmerman and Felipe Lopez. Oh yeah, and John Patterson, who is pretty amazing. Their number 2 starter, Tim Redding, has not won a game since 2004. Chad Cordero is a good closer but he’ll probably get 7 save attempts all season.

NL Central
1) St. Louis Cardinals
The only move they made was signing Adam Kennedy, but they will win the division again after being the most mediocre World Series champions ever. They will be better this year with Wainwright moving to the rotation now that Isringhausen is healthy. Also, Chris Duncan should continue to improve. Jim Edmonds might literally fall apart though. They’re not a spectacular team, but they’re the best in the division.

2) Chicago Cubs *
I’d like to say they’ll win the division, and even though they made some huge signings, I don’t think they’ll be enough to win the division (yet) after winning only 66 games last year. Soriano makes the team a million times better. One of the best offenses in the NL with a healthy Derek Lee, Aramis Ramirez on top of Soriano and some other solid hitters like Mark DeRosa and Cliff Floyd. Zambrano is a beast. Ted Lilly will be a good pitcher now that he’s in the NL. Jason Marquis will still be terrible. I’d rather take my chances with Wade Miller. Rich Hill will be good and who the hell knows what to expect from Prior or Kerry Wood (lengthy DL trips, most likely). Wait ‘til next year.

3) Houston Astros
Pretty good offensive club. They should have kept Aubrey Huff though. If they had Clemens they’d have a really good rotation, provided Woody Williams isn’t complete garbage. The Jason Jennings deal was pretty dumb, though he’ll be good. It’s the kind of move you make to compete now, which isn’t likely without Clemens. Brad Lidge will determine how good they are. Last year the Astros lost the most games in MLB after leading 7 innings. If they won a few of those games they would have won the division last season.

4) Milwaukee Brewers
Another solid young club who just don’t have enough pieces to put it all together. They are my favorite NL team. Prince Fielder, Rickie Weeks, JJ Hardy, Corey Hart, Bill Hall, Chris Capuano… if the Brewers can hold onto these guys for a couple more seasons they can do something. They need a healthy Ben Sheets. That isn’t going to happen. Jeff Suppan was a great signing. Dave Bush is the most underrated pitcher in the NL. They have the potential, they just have to put it all together. The bullpen is too shaky.

5) Cincinnati Reds
Last year’s other surprise team will once again sink to the cellar of the NL Central. Aaron Harang is the man. Bronson Arroyo probably won’t be as good but he’ll be solid. After that it isn’t pretty. Eric Milton is the worst person of all time. The bullpen is a bunch of mediocre arms thrown together with no rhyme or reason. Junior won’t stay healthy. Scott Hatteberg actually starts for the Reds. They did not improve at all.

6) Pittsburgh Pirates
Well, they’re not going to be as bad as they were last year. Adam LaRoche will compliment Jason Bay well. Freddy Sanchez won the batting title last year and should be solid again. Jose Castillo and Jack Wilson might be the best defensive double play combo in all of baseball. Jack Wilson needs to shut up though. Zach Duke, Ian Snell and Tom Gorzellany are all good young arms. Shawn Chacon could be ok. Matt Capps will probably take over as closer at one point. Torres and Marte are solid arms and Dan Kolb could rebound (though I doubt it). They have a decent base to work with. This could be a turnaround year for the Pirates. I almost want to rank them ahead of the Reds.

NL West
1) Los Angeles Dodgers
I agree with SammyG, best staff in the NL, though San Diego and Philly are right behind them. They have solid arms in the pen, Broxton is the man and might take Saito’s job. Gonzo was one of the best pickups in baseball. Juan Pierre costs a lot but he’ll help out. They are a much better team this year than they were last year. They might be the best team in the NL actually.

2) San Diego Padres
Another sick pitching staff. Greg Maddux was one of the best signings of the offseason. He and David Wells will be great mentors for Peavy, Young and Hensley. The bullpen is better than the Dodgers, but they don’t have the offense to compete, especially in Petco. Adrian Gonzalaz could club 30 HR though.

3) Arizona Diamondbacks
They’re a team built for the future which kind of makes the Randy Johnson trade not make much sense. Connor Jackson, Stephen Drew and Chris Young are all going to be great players. Brandon Webb will compete for the Cy Young again and RJ should benefit from the switch to the NL. Doug Davis was a great pickup, he has a lot of potential. The bullpen is decent. They aren’t seasoned enough to compete with the Pads or Dodgers.

4) Colorado Rockies
They’ve got good young bats and a solid vet (Helton) to guide them. Matt Holliday should continue to be one of the best offensive players in the NL. Kaz Matsui does start for the Rockies though, and that is not a good thing. Aaron Cook and Jeff Francis are decent pitchers but it’s pretty much garbage after that. Brian Fuentes is solid, but the rest of the pen sucks.

5) San Francisco Giants
This team is way too old to stay healthy, and surrounded with too much drama to be any good. They landed Zito, but they lost Jason Schmidt, so it’s not like Zito will improve the team. Matt Cain and Noah Lowry are both solid young arms, they need to step it up. Matt Morris and Russ Ortiz need to be halfway decent, and they won’t. It’ll be close between the Giants and the Rockies for last place. Oh yeah, Barry Bonds. Fuck him.

ALDS
Yankees def. Angels
Tigers def. Red Sox

NLDS
Phillies def. Cardinals
Dodgers def. Cubs

ALCS
Tigers def. Yankees

NLCS
Dodgers def. Phillies

WS
Tigers def. Dodgers

AL MVP: Derek Jeter
NL MVP: Ryan Howard
AL Cy Young: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young: Carlos Zambrano
AL ROY: Alex Gordon
NL ROY: Kevin Kouzmanoff

YOUR Hero
02-26-2007, 09:55 PM
The fact that you have placed the Jays behind both the RedSox and the Yankees makes this entire topic null and void.

OssMan
02-26-2007, 10:13 PM
So pumped to see what JOSE REYES does this yeaer, I didn't think he'll ever hit more homeruns than he did this year (19) but apparently he added 8 pounds of muscle so I dunno. Picture .300 AVG, .370 OBP, 25 HR, 85 RBI, 60 SB wowwwwww.

OssMan
02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
MURDERER'S ROW AND CANO lol who can forget all that fucking hype, what an awesome playoff loss by the Yankees

Dragon
02-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, can't wait for the season to start. Been a long time without baseball.

First spring training game is on YES Thursday, might skip class to see it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Red Sox

Gertner
02-26-2007, 10:57 PM
the red sox have been owned tthe past two years by the jays cause of their shitty rotation. this year changes nothing

FakeLaser
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah, can't wait for the season to start. Been a long time without baseball.

First spring training game is on YES Thursday, might skip class to see it.
Hell yeah, can't wait.

SammyG
02-26-2007, 11:03 PM
I love you FR

ct2k
02-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Eric Milton is the worst person of all time.

:rofl:

McLegend
02-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Why not the Phillies?

BCWWF
02-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Most reports have Santana accepting a reasonable, but not outrageous extension, and staying in Minnesota. Unless something major happens that would make him want to leave, all of his development was on the Twins, he has strong ties to the organization there, and Rick Anderson is the best pitching coach in baseball.

FakeLaser
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, what does everyone else think? Agree, disagree?

Put up your own predictions OR SOMETHING

SammyG
02-28-2007, 10:57 PM
You are right everywhere.

weather vane
02-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Great predictions. If the Red Sox rotation is as good as it can be then watch them win the World Series. Although I do see either Yankees/Tigers from AL and Dodgers/Cubs from the NL.

SammyG
02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
But I dunno about the Mets being 2nd. I think they'll win their division by at least 7 games.

FakeLaser
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I originally picked the Mets to win the division but then I looked at them side by side with the Phillies and I couldn't pick the Mets.

Catcher:
LoDuca vs. Barajas
ADVANTAGE: Mets

First Base:
Delgado vs. Howard
ADVANTAGE: Phillies

Second Base:
Valentin vs. Utley

Shortstop:
Reyes vs. Rollins

Third Base
Wright vs. Helms

Left Field
Alou vs. Burrell
ADVANTAGE: Draw

Center Field
Beltran vs. Rowand

Right Field
Green vs. Victorino

Rotation
Glavine/Hernandez/Maine/Sosa/Perez
vs.
Myers/Garcia/Moyer/Hamels/Eaton (or Lieber)

Bullpen
Wagner/Sanchez/Heilman/Feliciano/Schoenweis
vs.
Gordon/Geary/Madson/Smith/Lieber(or Eaton)

They're pretty close, but I can't see the Mets doing it with that pitching staff. There's no guarantee that Glavine stays healthy and you can pretty much bet that El Duque is going down.

DaveWadding
03-02-2007, 04:17 PM
NL West
Rockies
D'Backs
Padres
Dodgers
Giants

CNM
03-02-2007, 04:29 PM
NL West
Rockies
D'Backs
Padres
Dodgers
Giants

QFT

SammyG
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Wadding you are a fat idiot.

DaveWadding
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
better than being mentally retarded and Greek.

dablackguy
03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I love how people are picking the Phillies to win the NL East. Let's consider:

1. Anyone who thinks Jamie Moyer isn't going to get rocked this year is clueless. Moyer had a nice run, but he's not suddenly going to find the fountain of youth.

2. Hamels is great, but has yet to stay healthy in his minor league career. Why would this year be different? I'll believe he can stay healthy when I see it.

3. Adam Eaton was never anything more than a mediocre pitcher in Petco. Any takers on him suddenly being great in CB park?

The Phillies have as many rotation question marks as the Mets, and inferior bullpen and an inferior offense. Regardless of what anyone else may think, you'd be retarded to throw Howard ANYTHING to hit with Burrell behind him.

Based on the above, I don't see how anyone can reasonably pick the Phillies.

And Fake Razor, how the hell can you straight faced say Victorino > Green. I know Green is shit, but Victorino has proven exactly nothing at the major league level

dablackguy
03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
And sosa is only getting in the rotation is Pelfrey and Humber die, Get your facts straight

FakeLaser
03-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I love how people are picking the Phillies to win the NL East. Let's consider:

1. Anyone who thinks Jamie Moyer isn't going to get rocked this year is clueless. Moyer had a nice run, but he's not suddenly going to find the fountain of youth.

2. Hamels is great, but has yet to stay healthy in his minor league career. Why would this year be different? I'll believe he can stay healthy when I see it.

3. Adam Eaton was never anything more than a mediocre pitcher in Petco. Any takers on him suddenly being great in CB park?

The Phillies have as many rotation question marks as the Mets, and inferior bullpen and an inferior offense. Regardless of what anyone else may think, you'd be retarded to throw Howard ANYTHING to hit with Burrell behind him.

Based on the above, I don't see how anyone can reasonably pick the Phillies.

And Fake Razor, how the hell can you straight faced say Victorino > Green. I know Green is shit, but Victorino has proven exactly nothing at the major league level
Why are you so sure that Moyer is going to get rocked? He's still a solid pitcher and will benefit pitching in the NL. The only awful season he had was 2004. He's not an ace or anything but he's a solid, reliable veteran arm.

Even if Hamels gives you 150 innings it will be a big plus. I personally feel that he'll be healthy this year. Just a gut instinct.

Also, who says Eaton is going to get the last rotation spot? I'd rather go with Lieber.

It's easy to say Victorino is better than Green. Green hurts the team. He's not a good hitter really anymore, and is terrible on defense. Victorino is nothing special but he is a solid fielder with some speed and a gritty, hard nosed type player which adds to a team. He's also significantly younger than Green.

Skippord
03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Rockies are going straight to the World Series

YOUR Hero
03-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I'll put my predictions with reasons down once the season starts. To do so now would be a poor move in regard to the upcoming fantasy baseball drafts.

I'll give you my teams standings however.

AL EAST

Boston
Toronto
New York
Baltimore
Tampa

AL CENTRAL

Detriot
Cleveland
Chicago
Minnesota
Kansas

AL West

Oakland
Anaheim
Texas
Seattle

NL EAST

<s>Montreal</s>
New York
Philly
Atlanta
Miami
Washington

NL Central

Chicago
St Louis
Houston
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
Cincy

NL West

San Diego
LA
Phoenix
Colorado
San Fran

I won[t pick the playoffs, so much could happen. My early front runners however are

(AL)Detriot - Boston
(NL)LA - Chicago

MVP
03-04-2007, 02:35 AM
I too, will jump on the predictions bandwagon

AL EAST
Boston (x)
New York (y)
Toronto
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

AL CENTRAL
Detroit (x)
Minnesota
Chicago
Cleveland
Kansas City

AL WEST
Los Angeles (x)
Texas
Oakland
Seattle

NL EAST
Philadelphia (x)
New York
Atlanta
Florida
Washington

NL CENTRAL
St. Louis (x)
Chicago
Houston
Cincinnati
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh

NL WEST
Los Angeles (x)
San Diego
Arizona
Colorado
San Fransico

In the AL East I can't decide between the Red Sox or the Yankees, so I biasedly picked the Sox to win it, even though New York could easily win it. I also like Toronto to steal 2nd again if Alex Rios, Burnett, and Halladay don't get hurt. Detroit got even better during the offseason, so I see them winning AL Central. I think the Angels are the only solid all-around team in the AL West, cause Oakland isn't going anywhere this year unless Chavez, Swisher, Crosby, etc. all stay healthy and perform to full potential, and I don't see that happening.

I can't decide between the Mets, Cubs, or Padres for wildcard. The Mets rotation is bad, but their offense is even better than last year with Alou. The Cubs are screaming with potential this year, but they gotta pray that Derrek Lee stays healthy, Prior and/or Wood can stay off the DL (yeah right), and Soriano doesn't have a lame duck season. The Padres have a great rotation along with Trevor Hoffman, but their offense may hold them back.

YOUR Hero
03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
I think The Cubs are going to live up to their free agent signings.

dablackguy
03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Why are you so sure that Moyer is going to get rocked? He's still a solid pitcher and will benefit pitching in the NL. The only awful season he had was 2004. He's not an ace or anything but he's a solid, reliable veteran arm.

Even if Hamels gives you 150 innings it will be a big plus. I personally feel that he'll be healthy this year. Just a gut instinct.

Also, who says Eaton is going to get the last rotation spot? I'd rather go with Lieber.

It's easy to say Victorino is better than Green. Green hurts the team. He's not a good hitter really anymore, and is terrible on defense. Victorino is nothing special but he is a solid fielder with some speed and a gritty, hard nosed type player which adds to a team. He's also significantly younger than Green.

Moyer was no better than league average in Safeco. Yeah, coming to the NL should help, but he's going to CBP. If he stays at league average, league average in that park is probabaly gonna to be a 5 ERA for starters. Its a tiny park, and on days where he's off he's gonna get shelled. Let's not make him out to be Randy Johnson, he's more Tom Glavine. Soft throwing left + that park is a recipe for disater.

I agree 150 innings of Hamels would be great, I'm just not betting on it. I can't really argue your instinct, so I'll only say we'll see.

You'd rather go with Lieber, eh? Problem is that neither one of those guys is that good. I'll give the nod to Eaton because there are times where Eaton looks great and then suddenly looks terrible. Consistency is more his problem I think. lieber is better than last year, but at 37 on opening day, you have to start to wonder what's left.

A quick comparison:
Shawn Green last year: .277 15 HR 66 RBI 73 R 4 SB

If I offered you those as Victorino's final numbers, you would absolutely have to take it. Not because I said so, because Victorino still has a ton to prove at the ML level. Yeah, he can run, but that speed hasn't translated into SB's. Personally, I think he's a better fit down in the order, he hasn't shown a ton of on base skills either. (.287 AVG 3.46 OBP 24 walks in 415 AB's) Green is terrible, but a (for the most part) proven major leaguer is better than an unknown.

FakeLaser
03-05-2007, 01:26 AM
I'd rather have a young guy with loads of potential than a "proven major leaguer" whose skills have diminished and is terrible now.

Dragon
03-05-2007, 02:34 AM
AL EAST
New York (x)
Boston (y)
Toronto
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

AL CENTRAL
Detroit (x)
Cleveland
Minnesota
Chicago
Kansas City

AL WEST
Los Angeles (x)
Texas
Oakland
Seattle

NL EAST
Philadelphia (x)
New York (y)
Atlanta
Florida
Washington

NL CENTRAL (Tough one for first)
St. Louis (x)
Chicago
Houston
Milwaukeee
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh

NL WEST
Los Angeles (x)
San Diego
Arizona
Colorado
San Fransico

I have a good feeling about the Yankees this year (no matter how biased that is). We basically switched Johnson for Pettite, Wright for Pavano and our 5th starters throughout the season for Igawa. The bullpen is improved and we finally have some depth in the minors. On the same note though, Boston will be much better than last year as well.

D Mac
03-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Royals will win it all!