PDA

View Full Version : 1 year to cash in the MITB title shot

RP
03-06-2007, 02:37 AM
You think if Jeff Hardy won, he'd forget to cash it in?

Rammsteinmad
03-06-2007, 02:37 AM
No.

SammyG
03-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes.

Mr. JL
03-06-2007, 02:43 AM
No he wouldn't forget about it... but the breifcase would be where he hides his stash and thus he could never cash in on his oppertunity.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Nah. I think he would trade the shot to Shannon Moore so he could drive Moore's hummer and go on a binge.

RP
03-06-2007, 03:10 AM
How much cocaine would be snorted on that briefcase.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Enough to make Bam Bam Bigelow overdose. What? Too soon?

Jura
03-06-2007, 06:09 AM
I'd actually like to see subsequent matches after the MITB match with the briefcase on the line.

tucsonspeed6
03-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I'd actually like to see subsequent matches after the MITB match with the briefcase on the line.
That would be like having another title. WWE already has 3 top titles. Maybe if somebody wanted a rematch of the MITB, that'd be ok, but no followup matches.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 08:58 AM
That would be like having another title. WWE already has 3 top titles.

It's more interesting in a way though, because the MITB isn't a title, it's an opportunity. Once it's cashed, it's gone.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 08:59 AM
You think if Jeff Hardy won, he'd forget to cash it in?

If RVD hadn't cashed his in so quickly, he probably would have traded it for a stash.

Jura
03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah but it would be something new and much more interesting than a regular old match. Also it would give some other wrestlers something to do. Maybe have someone attack the MITB winner and steal his briefcase because he think's he's more deserving then to settle the dispute McMahon has them compete for it. Actually now that I think about it, if Randy Orton is in the MITB and Edge wins, they can fight over it afterwards and now you have the fuel for the fire. I don't know what they have planned for Edge and Orton after WM23. I'm tired of seeing Team RKO and Heart Break Cena. They need to shake up the roster soon. I wish I had some pizza right now.

.44 Magdalene
03-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Briefcase matches would be more interesting than "regular old match"es, but less interesting than an actual title match. There's just not much of a point to it, aside from hyping the big belt up further...you could just as easily go back to having Number 1 Contender's matches.

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Briefcase matches would be more interesting than "regular old match"es, but less interesting than an actual title match. There's just not much of a point to it, aside from hyping the big belt up further...you could just as easily go back to having Number 1 Contender's matches.

Being a #1 contender though is less interesting than being able to choose the time and place of your match, up to and including the very end of an Elimination Chamber match.

.44 Magdalene
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
It would also downgrade the importance of the MITB match itself. Why compete in a six or eight man deathfest ladder match, when you can just challenge the winner of it later to a nice, cozy one-on-one bout and get the same results?

Theo Dious
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
That adds incentive to cash it in quickly and opportunistically, and gives the audience an "any day now" feel.

D Mac
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah but it would be something new and much more interesting than a regular old match. Also it would give some other wrestlers something to do. Maybe have someone attack the MITB winner and steal his briefcase because he think's he's more deserving then to settle the dispute McMahon has them compete for it. Actually now that I think about it, if Randy Orton is in the MITB and Edge wins, they can fight over it afterwards and now you have the fuel for the fire. I don't know what they have planned for Edge and Orton after WM23. I'm tired of seeing Team RKO and Heart Break Cena. They need to shake up the roster soon. I wish I had some pizza right now.

Heart Break Cena? That's terrible. :p

Jura
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
It would also downgrade the importance of the MITB match itself. Why compete in a six or eight man deathfest ladder match, when you can just challenge the winner of it later to a nice, cozy one-on-one bout and get the same results?
It's not like it would be expected but it would add something new and fresh. It could just be a one time thing. I don't think it would really downgrade the MITB match if done right. The winner could have gone through hell to earn that opportunity and then some guy tries to take it all away from him. It'll just add another obstacle in his path if he retains the briefcase. After you look back it'll make him look even more deserving to have won the briefcase and the other guy more hated.

Also, another idea would be if they add a stipulation to the briefcase similar to the hardcore title. Falls count anywhere at anytime. This would tempt the holder to cash it in right away since all-comers will be going after him. I don't think the winner would be able to hold out for that long so they could make the falls count anywhere, anytime rule last only a month after winning the MITB.

Jura
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Heart Break Cena? That's terrible. :p
lol I know. I wrote that just after waking up from a 4 hour sleep :(.

KingofOldSchool
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
He'll sell it for some shiny tin foil and a bag of Fritos.

St. Jimmy
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
He probably thinks there's really money in it, and he'll go insane when all he sees is a piece of paper.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2007, 10:11 PM
He'll sell it for some shiny tin foil and a bag of Fritos.

Jeff Hardy probably puts more finese into rolling his shit than he does his matches.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Fun fact: Both Edge and Rob Van Dam defended their shots. Edge faced Matt Hardy in a "Loser Leaves RAW" Money in the Bank Ladder Match on the first USA Network edition on RAW, and Rob Van Dam faced Shelton Benjamin at Backlash 2006 in a Title Shot for Title Match. RVD became a six-time (I think) Intercontinental Champion in that match.

D Mac
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
If Edge wins it he'll prolly hold on to it till HHH's return then Helmsley will challenge him for it and win it or some shit.

Shadow
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :foc: :foc: :foc:

94 SVT Cobra
03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
All i know is that while it DOES add excitment to the match, it does take away from the "six man ladder deathmatch" intially given for the breifcase.

Any one else think that when WWE realized how good the MITB is, they had to talk vince out of NOT doing it again cause hes so fucking nutty lately?