PDA

View Full Version : Cingular to bring the WWE "Annual Spring Tournament" to Cell Phones

Xero
03-08-2007, 05:35 PM
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Bulky, outlandish professional wrestlers will soon be fighting for space on tiny mobile phone screens thanks to Cingular Wireless.
ADVERTISEMENT

The top U.S. mobile service provider, owned by AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T - news), plans to announce an agreement with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (NYSE:WWE - news) on Thursday to sell everything from ringtones with famous wrestlers' voices to graphics and videos, including weekly matches and the annual spring tournament.

Some World Wrestling videos will be available as part of Cingular's $19.99 a month media service plan and the company will also sell a premium video package for $4.99 a month featuring highlights from WrestleMania and other shows.

Cingular, which is being rebranded as AT&T, will also sell related ringtones for $2.49 each and graphics for $1.99.

It will launch the service on Thursday on phones with high- speed Web links with video clips and will add new features in the following months, said Cingular spokesman Mark Siegel.

He believes enough of Cingular's 61 million customers are wrestling fans "that this will do very well."

But WWE's 15 million weekly viewers are the ones who will ultimately decide if the phone screen can deliver a clear enough image of favorite super stars like Hacksaw Jim Duggan or his curvaceous female counterparts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070308/tc_nm/cingular_wrestling_dc;_ylt=AmdIlOL0Lu9O5RbU7.kyxtTMWM0F

LOL at "Favorite Superstars like HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN"...

SammyG
03-08-2007, 05:37 PM
So that's why Vinny mac said he's switching to Cingular on Raw...

The One
03-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Cause when I think of wrestlers I just HAVE to watch while I'm waiting in line at the post office, I think Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

SammyG
03-08-2007, 05:44 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xero
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
That's not only his catchphrase, they're also his "curvaceous female counterparts"...

SammyG
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
hahahaha, nice

Theo Dious
03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-Oh look, a text message.

Indifferent Clox
03-10-2007, 12:47 PM
DarthTedious you will be repped.