PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer The Last Decade

Fignuts
03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
This is amazing. Everything is left unchanged. They even have those corny live action cut scenes. They even include renegade ffs. All 12 games and expansion packs.

I also picked up rise of nations. Anyone know if thats any good?

Funky Fly
03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
How much does it cost?

Fignuts
03-12-2007, 01:05 AM

Madly good deal.

Funky Fly
03-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Perhaps I will consider purchasing this.

Silent
03-12-2007, 01:26 AM
The only thing that sucks about it is that the online functions don't work in any game except Generals and Renegade. But it's still definitely worth it, they run perfect in WinXP. I still think the original C&C and Red Alert are fun games.

Fignuts
03-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah even the first games, I would pay 10 bucks for so its an amazing deal.

Silent
03-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Yeah, having them all on the same DVD is great. Also, didn't see this in your post originally; I heard Rise of Nations is good, but I haven't played it.

Bad Company
03-12-2007, 02:31 AM
I have it, and none of them run on my PC so I couldnt be arsed getting them to work.

G
03-12-2007, 03:45 AM
RoN is a good game, but nowhere near CoC quality.

Also, C&C3 looks juicy.

LoDownM
03-12-2007, 05:02 AM
RoN is a good game, but nowhere near CoC quality.

Also, C&C3 looks juicy.

Get the demo, very moist expreince.

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 08:44 AM
i definitely like Generals the best. a couple more nations like, Britain, Israel, Russia, would have been nice. also, the live action clips between missions would make doing the missions more worth while. something a little more conventional than Particle Cannon for the USA superweapon would have made for grittier and more realistic game IMO. maybe a tomahawk salvo, or big air strike (multiple planes). having said that, Generals is a big improvement over the previous games.

One thing i noticed about Red Alert is that, as far as equipment goes, it is extremely one sided in favor of the Soviet side.

Requiem
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Rise of Nations is pretty good.

MLW
03-12-2007, 11:37 AM
The only thing that sucks about it is that the online functions don't work in any game except Generals and Renegade. But it's still definitely worth it, they run perfect in WinXP. I still think the original C&C and Red Alert are fun games.

Your saying I cant play Red alert 2 online? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! Thats the only reason why I bought the freaking thing!!! :foc:

Well I guess I have to play the first C&C then...I remember I had it for mac back in the day...and then i didnt have a mac anymore...so no C&C :nono:

LoDownM
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
i definitely like Generals the best. a couple more nations like, Britain, Israel, Russia, would have been nice. also, the live action clips between missions would make doing the missions more worth while. something a little more conventional than Particle Cannon for the USA superweapon would have made for grittier and more realistic game IMO. maybe a tomahawk salvo, or big air strike (multiple planes). having said that, Generals is a big improvement over the previous games.

It's called mods ;) Lots of good ones. Ion Cannon> 4 Particle Cannons.

Silent
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
One thing i noticed about Red Alert is that, as far as equipment goes, it is extremely one sided in favor of the Soviet side.

I disagree. Allies get the entire map revealed, easier to mass tanks, better planes... Also, if the map has water, you get Cruisers which absolutely destroy.

RA is not as balanced as Starcraft, but it's pretty close.

KillerWolf
03-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I disagree. Allies get the entire map revealed, easier to mass tanks, better planes... Also, if the map has water, you get Cruisers which absolutely destroy.

RA is not as balanced as Starcraft, but it's pretty close.

:?: the way i remember it, the Allies had NO planes, and MAYBE a slightly better helicopter. plus, the perimiter defenses were made way off ballance by the Tesla Coil. seemed to me like the Soviet side had bigger, better everything.

Silent
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I thought Allies got the MIGs. A squad of 6 can take down any building in 1 strike and you can build them fairly quickly. Maybe that was a soviet thing, it's been a few years since I played. But allies got anti-vehicle mines and the anti-tank turret gun, and Longbow chopper was good.

When I played Allies, I always just massed the hell out of tanks, because they are cheaper and faster to build. Build 3 or 4 War Factories and churn out Medium tanks. Soviets require less massing but more micro since everything fires so slowly.

LoDownM
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Base defense wise, Soviets owned Allies in RA1, in RA2, Allies had the advantage with Prisim towers. Tesla coils > every ground unit in Red Alert.

And yes, Soviets had the MIGs, Allies didn't have planes, just the better Helicopters.

And with 4 War factories you could pump out Mammoth tanks just as fast.

Silent
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Base defense wise, Soviets owned Allies in RA1, in RA2, Allies had the advantage with Prisim towers. Tesla coils > every ground unit in Red Alert.

And yes, Soviets had the MIGs, Allies didn't have planes, just the better Helicopters.

And with 4 War factories you could pump out Mammoth tanks just as fast.

Yeah and go broke twice as fast :p I used to nuke the ore/gem fields just to piss my opponents off.

LoDownM
03-12-2007, 11:54 PM
lol, I used to do that, only with V2's or whatever it was called in the first one.

packt up
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM
RA2 is the best C&C game I reckon. Generals was cool too strangely underrated. Tiberian Sun was a big shit in a bag however.

Silent
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
This topic inspired me to learn my favorite song from the C&C games on guitar..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN_YnsFc7cY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN_YnsFc7cY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:o

Silent
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Also.. this REALLLLYYY makes me want to re-install Renegade..

http://www.apathbeyond.com/

LoDownM
03-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Im gonna have to download this, since my Red Alert cd's are so fucked up it won't install :o