PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Diaries

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm about to start reading this book. Might even see if I can finish it overnight. Sounds really good, has anyone read it? I figured I'd open this up so people could share discussion about this book and the topics in it.
I'll be back later once I've read it.

discuss

Blitz
03-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Pretty sure there's already a thread on this.

Blitz
03-13-2007, 06:07 AM
And why didn't you just wait till you were finished to start this thread?

Jeritron
03-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't know. Sue me.

Foley almost went to TNA......

RGWhat316
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I just bought it and started reading it myself. Fairly interesting so far.

Innovator
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
I can't stand reading for classes but finish Foley's book overnight.

Good read, good see him butting heads with Vince over One Night Stand.

McLegend
03-13-2007, 02:33 PM
That was common knowledge that Foley almost went to TNA.

He really wanted to do a program with Joe.

RGWhat316
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Funny of how Mick says how he refuses to look at the divas' pictures, but he will stare at their breasts when they talk to him, LOL.

And he's going to be doing a book signing about 8 miles from where I live, i'll go get it signed.

KingofOldSchool
03-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Foley is going to be in Indy on Sunday doing a book siging. I might go, although I'm usually not the one to attend autograph siginings as I'm not an autograph whore.

Shaved Monkey
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Picked this up today, and read it in about 3 hours. Easy read but I was not impressed in the least.

That is to say I thought it sucked big floppy donkey dick.

If I wanted to read a book about his kids I would've re read his first two bios.

There really was nothing of substance in this book at all, and it is in no way, shape, or form as controversial as it was made out to be.

Not that I had terribly high expectations on that side of things. I would've been pleased with a decent read.

Perhaps it would have been worth the money if I had've waited for the paperback version, but I expected more from Foley.

Too bad.

Blitz
03-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Read it the other night. It's easily the weakest of his 3 biographies. The majority of the book is discussing the One Night Stand storyline, and that's good. But he gets off on A LOT of tangents about his kids, religion, charity, etc..

I don't think it's a bad book, but it could have been much better.

NeanderCarl
03-20-2007, 04:25 PM
I enjoyed it, but agree that it's a lot less controversial that it was built up to be. Basically finished it in one night.

Foley's a great writer, but really had a lot less to write about this time around. It's not so much his fault as Vince McMahon's, for pressuring him to write another wrestling book when he has only been involved in a handful of matches and angles since the last one. This one could have been held off for another couple of years and been a better book. Still, well worth a read. It's a shame the book wasn't extended beyond One Night Stand to include the Ric Flair feud, leading up to the night after SummerSlam. The Flair feud was more noteworthy than One Night Stand, but only gets a passing mention in the last chapter.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 04:28 PM
He still could have easily talked about more wrestling though. He could have spoke more on his opinions of things in the wrestling world, and things that went on while he was gone, and ROH and TNA in addition to what he already talked about regarding wrestling.

I too liked the book, but it was shorter than the others to begin with, and there were more than a handful of chapters that were full on tangents having nothing to do with wrestling. Which is fine, but I'd prefer they be compliments with a few more chapters dedicated to his profession.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 04:29 PM
he probably didn't want to ruffle TOO MANY feathers though.

Champion of Europa
03-20-2007, 07:32 PM
I liked it. I could've done without all the troop stuff and the religion, but the wrestling stuff that was provided was very interesting and gave a great picture of the bizarre political climate in the WWE.

Dorkchop
03-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I picked it up Sunday and read a couple of chapters on my bus home. I had to wait half an hour for my second bus, so I read more. It hasn't captured any of my interest and I find myself skipping sentences and chapters. He goes off and talks about Katie Kuric an arbitrary things. Plus, it's pretty boring.

I hate to crap all over his book, but he shouldn't have written this one. I'm returning it this weekend. I'm not even going to finish it. I just don't care.

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I love that he makes Test his new Al Snow

Crossrine
03-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Could foley have lasted in tna??

NeanderCarl
03-21-2007, 04:51 PM
It would have only been a one year deal. Think he said he would have worked with Samoa Joe and Jeff Jarrett for the NWA title. I think he should have done it. All he really did in 2005 in the WWE was the stuff with Carlito. He would more than likely have been back where the money is (WWE) by 2006 anyway, still working his programs with Edge and Flair.