PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bucci

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Well maybe I'm missing something, but can someone please explain why Mike Bucci is a "Talent Development Manager" for the WWE? What is it that qualifies him for the position, since he clearly has no talent of his own?

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Did you just say Mike Bucci had no talent? This topic must become about Captain Lou's beard...or Khali's death chops.

Xero
03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
JR was Head of Talent Relations, and he doesn't have talent and the only relationship he has is with food and Steve Austin.

Xero
03-16-2007, 08:26 PM
This thread is now about JR-isms BAHGAWD!

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm not at all familiar with Bucci's work prior to the WWE.

So, like I wrote when I started this topic, I might be missing something.

Xero
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm not at all familiar with Bucci's work prior to the WWE.

So, like I wrote when I started this topic, I might be missing something.
Ever hear of Super Nova/Nova/Hollywood Nova?

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Ever hear of Super Nova/Nova/Hollywood Nova?

I've heard of that character, yes. Was he any good?

Pepsi Man
03-16-2007, 08:31 PM
WTMF Simon Dean was the man.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
WTMF Simon Dean was the man.

True words, those. True words.

BAH GAWD!

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2007, 08:37 PM
He seems to have a good relationship with the wrestlers, and he is pushing them to develop a theoretical understanding and appreciation of the business. I don't know what "qualifies" him (he would probably have an education somewhere, though, so if you chased that up, it might explain more), but he seems to be doing a good job.

KingofOldSchool
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
BBQ SAUWCE

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
He seems to have a good relationship with the wrestlers, and he is pushing them to develop a theoretical understanding and appreciation of the business. I don't know what "qualifies" him (he would probably have an education somewhere, though, so if you chased that up, it might explain more), but he seems to be doing a good job.

He's doing really well with Chris Masters. Masters really understands the business, huh?

Pepsi Man
03-16-2007, 08:42 PM
He's doing really well with Chris Masters. Masters really understands the business, huh?
Erm, Masters was brought up to the main roster not long after Simon Dean, so I don't see what bringing him up proves.

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Erm, Masters was brought up to the main roster not long after Simon Dean, so I don't see what bringing him up proves.

It means nothing.

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM

I could write a few paragraphs on how Jim Cornette said the guy was well on the way to becomming a star in the same way John Cena, Batista and Randy Orton were, or about how he's always displayed a willingness to learn, but it's really a moot point, because Chris Masters is on the core WWE roster, Mike Bucci works with developmental talent in OVW and DSW.

Marc the Smark
03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Mike Bucci works with developmental talent in OVW and DSW.

Do you think he gives them Simon Shakes?

Mr. Nerfect
03-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Do you think he gives them Simon Shakes?

If the gimmick "High Dosage" is any indication...yes. :shifty:

KayfabeMan
03-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Maybe he was one of the guys who helped with talent in ECW. Other than that, I can not see a qualification really. I mean, he definitely has a lot of time and experience in the business, but there are many others who have better minds and more experience. Maybe he's just in their price range :shifty:

Hanso Amore
03-17-2007, 12:16 AM
He was a trainer for ECW, and he has been around a long time and has earned alot of respect. He has been DSW Booker.

Just because you werent a world champ doesnt mean you can be good at the business side. look at Johnny Ace. he was a shitty tag wrestler in WCW, now he is the most powerful former Wrestler in America. Giant baba showed him the ropes, and eh is respected. He was a big guy behind the scenes in Japan, worked WCW then WWE.

Bucci is the same type deal.

Corkscrewed
03-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Johnny Ace is an idiot. Baaaaaaad example.

Hanso Amore
03-17-2007, 05:12 AM
regardless of whether he is an idiot or not, he wiggled his way into the Power Seat in the WWE and his name isnt McMahon. Outside of the fam he runs that shit.

He is what every Wrestler who transitions into an office guy wants to be.

And yes he is a dick....A successful Powerful Dick.

Afterlife
03-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Someone said "Powerful Dick". Is The One hungry yet?

James Steele
03-18-2007, 01:46 AM
I actually think Chris Masters has potential to be a "major player" in the WWE world title picture if he can just develop some more without being destroyed through booking.

Jeritron
03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
JR should have his old job back

Chavo Classic
03-18-2007, 11:11 AM
This thread has annoyed me. Mike Bucci is the fucking shit. Do your goddam research before making sweeping statements like that