PDA

View Full Version : Lashley in the Masterlock Challenge....

Jeritron
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
...are they fucking kidding with this? I mean, I guess what I'm really getting at is about how lame the Masterlock challenge is and how little it will do to help anything regarding Lashley, ECW or his status as champion.

But the real question, is what the fuck is up with breaking the masterlock challenge? "Will he be the first to break the masterlock?" it says on WWE.com....

...haven't like 4 or 5 people broken it? Including Cena, some Iraq troop and others. Didn't Farooq?

Am I imagining things? Or is this more garabage than it was already? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read that because I'm fairly sure it's been broken, and its extremely lame and cahsed as it is.

Kane Knight
03-18-2007, 12:29 PM
You're imagining that the WWE will use logic, yes.

Jeritron
03-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I just want to know if I did or did not indeed see him break it.

Kane Knight
03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
For the record: Some military shmuck broke it, and that doesn't count because it was a salute to the troops.

Cena didn't break it the times I saw it, Masters released it. Maybe that's changed...

Farooq Broke it. I can't explain why, but this one doesn't count either.

If I remember right. I haven';t watched Raw since a couple weeks before Christmas.

The MAC
03-18-2007, 12:44 PM
everyone at wwe suffers from memory loss. Apparently even video tape footage is not enough. Soon they'll Announce a new thing called Pay-Per View and have something called WRESTLEMANIA 1 .

Kane Knight
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
That is so stupid/ Whjy would the call it Wrestlemania 1? It'll be the first, so it won't need a number. Like back to the Future and Star Wars :Shifty:

The Genius
03-18-2007, 01:34 PM
didnt farooq break it after super crazy made the run in and took out masters?

The MAC
03-18-2007, 01:54 PM
That is so stupid/ Whjy would the call it Wrestlemania 1? It'll be the first, so it won't need a number. Like back to the Future and Star Wars :Shifty:

because its the WWE thats why!

Savio
03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
^^Yeah then next week he said it didn't count cuz of that. I think HBK is the only that broke it. When he used the ropes.

Ninti the Mad
03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
My guess is when Masters applies it... Vince will signal Umaga out and they will destroy him until Lashley hulks up.

If he breaks it legit, I swear, I will be pissed.

Xero
03-18-2007, 05:11 PM
It's never technically been broken. Every time it's "broken", it's released because of interference or an illegal blow. I believe Michaels used a low blow if he DID break it, and it was reversed.

Jeritron
03-18-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know if I'll be more pissed by it being broken, or it not being broken. Either way its garbage.

Team Sheep
03-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I swear I remember Cena breaking it cleanly.

Xero
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
The only person I can remember who broke it broke it in that Battle Royal before WrestleMania 21. I think Booker T.

thedamndest
03-18-2007, 06:14 PM
The only man who can break the Masterlock is Chris Masters himself. Question answered.

Xero
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Now the only problem is putting it on himself. Is that even possible?

The Genius
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM
the time i remember cena taking the challenge, umaga ran out and destroyed cena.

Corkscrewed
03-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Basically, Masters has never had his Masterlock officially broken, because the WWE thinks taht saves face or something. *shrug*

Does anything make sense anymore? Not really.

Xero
03-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Basically, Masters has never had his Masterlock officially broken, because the WWE thinks taht saves face or something. *shrug*
Like I said, it was broken by Booker in that Battle Royal.

The question is, did he have the gimmick back then? I can't remember when it started exactly.

tucsonspeed6
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
So has Lashley already broken it or is it about to happen?

This is no worse than WCW's made up attendance numbers or Goldberg's random undefeated streaks. In fact, I'd say this is a minor "memory" infraction of less importance than "I still remember". At least the unbroken masterlock mistake doesn't make the company look like they're drawing thousands of fans fewer than they actually do, or that his streak is worse than it really is.

Lying to make the company and it's wrestlers look better is the least I'd expect from a successful wrestling company. After all, they're all nothing more than carnies with television contracts for crying out loud.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I think Booker T broke it in the pre-WrestleMania 21 Battle Royal, as Xero said.

They claimed the troop did, but when I saw it "broken", JBL was a direct influence. Like the guy didn't even broke it, Masters let go.

Faarooq didn't break it, Super Crazy took out Masters forcing him to let go. Cena didn't break it, Masters willingly let go, but he was officially ruled winner "by submission" of the Challenge when the referee saw Masters in the STFU. Fuck that was stupid.

Anyway, I'm calling it now: there will be shenanigans in this match. I'm guessing the ECW Title could even change hands. I posted a scenario on here before where Lashley broke the Masterlock (with the ECW World Title on the line), and Vince then made an Extreme Rules Match between Lashley and Shane McMahon right there and then, with Shane winning after a bunch of heels and Chris Masters cost Lashley the match. I think that would be a great way to get the ECW World Title off Lashley in time for WrestleMania. Shane can then award the belt to Masters, if they so wish. They could even add a match to WrestleMania with Chris Masters or Shane McMahon defending against someone. I don't know who they could have, but with Vito appearing in Playgirl, and his new badass gimmick, they could rush him back, have him win a Battle Royal, and hope that people see it as a legitimate World Title Match (in the same sense that Brock Lesnar vs. Hardcore Holly was a legitimate World Title Match). There's also Super Crazy, or even a potential Big Show appearance (he's said he's done, but you never know). Fuck, bring in 2 Cold Scorpio or Chris Jericho; have Rob Van Dam do double duty. Meh, it would be awesome.

I just hope they move the ECW World Title off Lashley before WrestleMania. It would add drama to the match.

Jeritron
03-19-2007, 01:13 AM
They'd rather have the ECW title showcased in such a *takes a breath* high profile match. Plus they're trying to push Lashley to the moon and that belt isn't coming off him anytime soon.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2007, 01:14 AM
They'd rather have the ECW title showcased in such a *takes a breath* high profile match. Plus they're trying to push Lashley to the moon and that belt isn't coming off him anytime soon.

That's true. I was only fantasising about what could be in a better world.

Jeritron
03-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd rather see it go to Shane with that scenario you and I were discussin in some other thread

Jeritron
03-19-2007, 01:16 AM
it could be a decent segment if it went down in a way we know it won't. But since it won't my assertion stands that it will be absolute garbage and the masterlock will stand "unbroken" by technicality so they can use the "unbroken" master lock again for storyline purposes.

Theo Dious
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Farooq Broke it. I can't explain why, but this one doesn't count either.

Cause.....
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>...DAMN...
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
.....that's why.

Kane Knight
03-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Like I said, it was broken by Booker in that Battle Royal.

The question is, did he have the gimmick back then? I can't remember when it started exactly.

Does it matter? They hype the Master Lock through the challenge, so they'll disregard that. Has it still been broken? Yes. By WWE standards? No.

Afterlife
03-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Besides, breaking the hold and Winning the Masterlock CHallenge are two different concept.

Xero
03-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Besides, breaking the hold and Winning the Masterlock CHallenge are two different concept.
It was never broken in-match either though, by their standards that is.

6to1
03-20-2007, 04:22 PM
well the hold is broken now they can job and fire masters

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 04:25 PM
thankfully

St. Jimmy
03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I weep for Chris Masters :'(

Afterlife
03-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Oh, he'll have a post-Mania feud in no time, after he does a run-in during Lashley/Umaga. You know, for ratings.

Theo Dious
03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I broke the Masterlock myself. With a broken ficken' neck! I also tore my quad this morning, and I'm jumping around!

Sorry, think I must be suffering from Angleitis.

03-21-2007, 09:18 AM
They're just feeding their lead guys before Wrestlemania. Why else would Benoit be brought in just to tap as well?

Afterlife
03-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't get us started; that's a completely different thread.

Jeritron
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM
How many people can break the masterlock with a broken freaking neck and two quad tears from the morning, and STILL manage not to lose their smile?

The answer is one. And that is BOBBY FLIPPING LASHLEY

Jura
03-21-2007, 01:45 PM
How many people can break the masterlock with a broken freaking neck and two quad tears from the morning, and STILL manage not to lose their smile?

The answer is one. And that is BOBBY FLIPPING LASHLEY
I did that once. Then I celebrated with a 1080 flip off the top rope but I spun around so fast that I created a rip in the time-space continuum and somehow splashed myself with the very same 1080.