PDA

View Full Version : When it came to Final Fantasy 7, what did it for you

Splaya
03-19-2007, 02:11 AM
Like was it the music, the graphics, the storyline. What made this one of your favorite games.

Easily when Sephiroth stabbed Aeris. I've never felt hatred towards a video game but damn. Then you have to fight Jenova Life with the sad music going on :(

Blitz
03-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Like any great game, it was a combination of many elements, mostly the graphics, story, and characters.

Drakul
03-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Easily when Sephiroth stabbed Aeris. I've never felt hatred towards a video game but damn. Then you have to fight Jenova Life with the sad music going on :(
Yeah, I've said it many times but I've read of people actually crying at the death of Aeris.
I'd say it was mostly the music that did it for me. The fights where fun but the music really helped keep me interested.

LoDownM
03-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Like any great game, it was a combination of many elements, mostly the graphics, story, and characters.

Extreme Angle
03-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah The Music, The gameplay, Everything was right with it. Being able to name the characters was always fun.
Sephiroth is actually my favourite characer and I loved watching Aeries die :D

Silent
03-19-2007, 03:53 AM
The music was awesome, but I would say the story and the characters made me love the game. I got really invested in the game, and played it long into the night because I could never find a good place to turn the game off, it was so addicting. When I finally beat the game, I was a little bummed out. I have started other save files but have never gotten past Disc 1, I really should try to play it again, I have forgotten most of the minor events by now.

Kane Knight
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
It was the cliche'd story and my hardon for bishounen characters with minimal personality that clinched it for me...

...Oh, evil white haired boy with big sword #2369, you are so AWESOME! :love: :love:

Shaggy
03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
I loved the music...after playing the game I went online and downloaded a bunch of the songs. The graphics in the cut scenes really blew me away at that time. And the story line was really good.

Also naming the people was a great thing to do. I named all the chacters the when I played it after people I knew. I named Aeris after my girlfrien at the time. When she died I had to call her up and tell her the bad news.

Extreme Angle
03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Also naming the people was a great thing to do. I named all the chacters the when I played it after people I knew. I named Aeris after my girlfrien at the time. When she died I had to call her up and tell her the bad news.
Yeah, I was about 10 when I played it so I called Tifa a girl from down the street and cloud was me :D and caith sith I remember calling Candy

Splaya
03-19-2007, 01:54 PM
The music was awesome, but I would say the story and the characters made me love the game. I got really invested in the game, and played it long into the night because I could never find a good place to turn the game off, it was so addicting. When I finally beat the game, I was a little bummed out. I have started other save files but have never gotten past Disc 1, I really should try to play it again, I have forgotten most of the minor events by now.

That's the whole reason why I started this thread. I've recently started playing FF7 and it is so beautiful. Like I was playing it at school and people were watching and they were like the graphics on this game suck ass, why don't you play FF12. And I just thought to myself, I don't own Final Fantasy 12 anymore, I took it back 2 weeks ago without beating it.

Just John
03-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Really liked the Biopunk cityscapes

Silent
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, the environments were awesome in FF7 too, and the world was really cool, I actually wanted to explore everything. Same with FF8.

Shaggy
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I was about 10 when I played it so I called Tifa a girl from down the street and cloud was me :D and caith sith I remember calling Candy

I remembe naming Tifa and Aeris after two of the girls I was good friends with...Cloud was Shaggy....Red was Bocephus...

Jonster
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
What made this one of your favorite games.

You assume too much.

I enjoyed the storyline. It's a good game, but in my opinion, it's vastly overrated.
I reckon that it being the first 3d rpg that many people played (the first rpg for some people I know), and was new to them that it's stuck as a benchmark. Then future games seemed less fresh as they'd already played a game like that.
Something like that anyway.