PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse

Indifferent Clox
03-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Everyone I've talked to thinks it looks stupid. But I'm mad excited. I love tarrantino and Rodriguez is great at times.

Skippord
03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Grindhouse looks badass

Ninti the Mad
03-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Rose McGowen is sexy as hell.

Blitz
03-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Everybody you've talked to is dumb. Looks awesome.

Triple A
03-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Yeah pretty sure this is going to be tremendous.

FakeLaser
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, pretty excited for this.

Funky Fly
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah, almost bust a nut every time I see an ad.

Pretty sure my nuts are going to explode when I go to see this the day after my birthday. :yes:

Boondock Saint
03-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Gonna be awesome.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-20-2007, 08:56 AM
It'll be great BECAUSE it's stupid

ClockShot
03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Death Proof might be a winner. Planet Terror (I think that's what it's called) looks a little bit over the top.

However, I do agree with this statement.

Shaggy
03-20-2007, 05:32 PM
I read the other day that they are already planning a sequel which will be a direct to DVD movie based off the trailer for Machete (which is one of the mocki trailers in the middle of the film)

Funky Fly
03-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Is there any way I can get vaginas grafted to my eyes? Because I know that Grindhouse will fuck my eyes raw.

Champion of Europa
03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
So excited about this movie. I have the poster on my wall.

A lot of idiots I've spoken to say it looks stupid. They are fucking terrible.

Evil Vito
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
<font color=goldenrod>This movie will fucking own...but yeah I know a lot of people who think it will suck. Assholes.</font>

M-A-G
03-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I'm not wasting time on it.

Kalyx triaD
03-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Somehow, the chick with rifle for a leg seems cool. Make me sick reading an earlier discription but I gotta admit, looks cool in action. Great DVD.

Destor
03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Yeah, when people like M-A-G say it will suck you know it's gonna be awesome. :y:

Mr Regal
03-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Anyone who says' this film will be terrible is a fucking mug!

It will be bloody tremendous, i can't wait, this year has the potential to be a fucking incredible year for film. I am slighly aroused thinking about so i must now retire to wank my self silly!

Adios!

Danny Electric
03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Rose McGowen
I agree :)

Can't wait for this, good times.

RP
03-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Rose McGowens face looks like my balls.

Downunder
03-22-2007, 01:48 AM
RP has sexy balls

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2007, 02:02 AM
For those of you with friends who say it looks stupid: Wait until they actually see it. I bet they will be all "zOMG!! I thought it was going to be stupid but it is the maddest movie ever!!" And you can be like "Fuck you, dickweed, anyone with a brain knew it was going to kick ass."

I'm not that excited about it, because I don't jizz over Tarantino and Rodriguez as much as others, but I will see it and in all likelihood love it to bits.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2007, 02:04 AM
I wouldn't say "no" to Rose McGowan.

D Mac
03-22-2007, 03:22 AM
Bruce Willis is in it right?

Funky Fly
03-22-2007, 04:22 AM
BTW, I was serious about the vagina grafts. Help a brother out.

M-A-G
03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah, when people like M-A-G say it will suck you know it's gonna be awesome. :y:

Odd I don't remember saying it was going to suck.

D Mac
03-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Bruce Willis is in it right?

M-A-G
03-24-2007, 04:53 AM
Yes, he is.

VonErichLives
03-24-2007, 05:50 AM
I can't wait; a big reason is there mock trailers in the movie.

My friend wrote one of the trailers and has been told there's a good chance unless this thing bombs it will be shot as a feature movie down the road.

YOUR Hero
03-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I dunno. Not so sure about this. My Spidey senses are reading flop. Hope I'm wrong though.

Funky Fly
03-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Flop doesn't necessarily mean bad, Hero.

YOUR Hero
03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
...on a personal level, not box office

VonErichLives
03-25-2007, 07:40 PM
I dunno YH, I think there are too many big names behined it for it to flop at the box office... That being said, it may do very well but not live up to expectations due to all the hype.

Anyway, anyone who sees it, the "Thanksgiving" mock trailer is the one my friend wrote.

Boondock Saint
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
That's the Eli Roth one, right?

Kane Knight
03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Everyone I've talked to thinks it looks stupid. But I'm mad excited. I love tarrantino and Rodriguez is great at times.

Isn't that the point of a Tarrantino flick? So you can get away with enjoying something that could otherwise never be justified due to its overall utter shite nature? Then you can fawn over Quinton for a fetish you could otherwise not get away with?

That's how it was explained to me.

VonErichLives
03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
That's the Eli Roth one, right?

yep.

Fignuts
03-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Kane Knight do you enjoy anything?

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Grindhouse looks bad

:y:

Kris P Lettus
03-26-2007, 08:13 AM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/krispy_pimp/merose.jpg

VonErichLives
03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Krisp, I always though it was frowned upon for people working on the set to be taking photos with the actors/actresses which you always seem to do.

Isn't their like some unwritten rule about not being a fan while working?

Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing in your shoes, just wondering if you've ever gotten in trouble for it or had someone famous tell you to fuck off when you asked for a picture.

Also, are these usually like your cell phone or personal camera, or the set's still photogropher?

Kris P Lettus
03-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Never been frowned upon.. But, some actors are assholes, which I wouldn't even try.. 90% of the time, I've had some interaction with the celeb to get a pic.. It's not like I just randomly come up outta the blue and ask for a pic.. It's generally crew members personal cameras.. People take mad amounts of photos on most movie sets and some celebs become cool with people on the crew

It's never been a big deal..

Kris P Lettus
03-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Also VEL, where did you think that??

Did someone in the industry tell you that??

VonErichLives
03-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Also VEL, where did you think that??

Did someone in the industry tell you that??

Friend of mine who works mostly on commercials in NY, lots of athletes and models and I asked him once about pics (because I see yours) and he said it's frowned upon to be a "fan" while trying to work.

Maybe that's just his philosipy not an industry thing.

loopydate
03-29-2007, 10:45 PM
I'll wait for the DVD. I'll probably enjoy it, but it isn't something I need to run right out and see. It's an interesting concept, but it kinda bothers me that they're making a "grindhouse" double feature with a studio budget. I bet you could take the total budgets of any ten grindhouse movies that Tarantino has posters on his wall (and you KNOW he has them), add them together, and it'd just barely register half of the effects budget for Planet Terror alone.

Not necessarily saying that's the reason I'm not excited about it. It just seems like if you're going to make grindhouse movies, you should make grindhouse movies.

Anyway, like I said, I'm sure I'll enjoy it on a purely "Holy FUCK!" level if not on an intellectual level. I've learned not to underestimate Tarantino. But I've also found that I enjoy his stuff in the comfort of my living room (with the benefit of a rewind button) more than at the mulitplex.

Funky Fly
03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Going on the assumption that most people are unnapreciative and stupid, I'm sure if they made actual grindhouse movies, less than a third of the people who are going to this movie would go.

Remember that Rodrigurz and Tarantino do have to make a certain amount of money to please the studio.

A good movie can still flop at the box office.

loopydate
03-30-2007, 06:31 AM
All you need to do is slap Tarantino's name on it, and it will make money, regardless of production values.

Look at Hostel.

Stickman
03-30-2007, 12:37 PM
It looks pretty bad ass.

Kris P Lettus
03-30-2007, 04:08 PM
he said it's frowned upon to be a "fan" while trying to work.
Time and place for everything..

Like this morning I worked with Deuce McAllister.. As you know I am a huge Saints fan.. We had like 10 mins after he was done with makeup, until the other "talent" arrived, so the still photogrpher took a photo and I got a ball signed..

Once again, "not a big deal"..

If your friend has been doind commercials for a while and met alot of famous people and has nothing to show for it, he is an idiot.. Specially on commecials because it's alot more relaxed environment..

VonErichLives
03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Idiot for doing his job, making his money and not harrasing the celebs?

Dunno, a picture is one thing, but bringing a football to the set for an autograph is pretty cheasy...

I'm suprised he didn't ask if you were going to sell in on Ebay.

Jura
03-31-2007, 06:06 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dimension_films/grindhouse/rose_mcgowan/planet2.jpg

bigdaddysuperfreak
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
You know whats the most awesome thing? In the states we will get to see both movies in a row. Outside of this continent though they will be split. Plus when they come out on dvd they will be separated.

Kris P Lettus
04-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Idiot for doing his job, making his money and not harrasing the celebs?

Dunno, a picture is one thing, but bringing a football to the set for an autograph is pretty cheasy...

I'm suprised he didn't ask if you were going to sell in on Ebay.

lol

Are you serious??

Some of the clients brought like a bag full of jerseys and footballs..

As I said, it's not that big of deal, but you can beleive what you want because you obviously know more about it than me..

Champion of Europa
04-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Eli Roth's Faux Trailer is online right now.

Lara Emily
04-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Grindhouse is just a fucking riot, Planet Terror is a balls to the wall over the top gorefest that is cheesy it's hillarious. Death Proof is pretty much a Tarantino Road film, on a narrative level it's actually a decent film, nowhere near as over the top as Terror though it has it;s moments. There are some wicked references laced through out. I loved it.

VonErichLives
04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
lol

Are you serious??

Some of the clients brought like a bag full of jerseys and footballs..

As I said, it's not that big of deal, but you can beleive what you want because you obviously know more about it than me..

Never said I knew more about it then you, just said it seems cheesy to bring stuff to sign to your job.

As for the "Clients" they are the ones paying for him to be there, so you can excuse that...

Anyway, back to grindhouse, I haven't watched the Thanksgiving trailer yet, my friend went out to LA for the primer, he met and spent a lot of time with Kurt Russell and said he was a great guy.

VonErichLives
04-02-2007, 01:49 PM
ok, just found the trailer on youtube... i liked it, then again, I doubt I would have said anything bad about it anyway... it's got that 80's slasher movie feel, plus the whole concept of a thanksgiving horror movie cracks me up.

Kris P Lettus
04-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Never said I knew more about it then you, just said it seems cheesy to bring stuff to sign to your job.

As for the "Clients" they are the ones paying for him to be there, so you can excuse that...

Cheesy like bringing a camera to Hooters for a photo op with a waitress??

The "clients" also pay me to be there and they didn't have a problem with it..

VonErichLives
04-03-2007, 11:12 PM

you really are a waste of oxogyn, you must realise this?

Kris P Lettus
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe if you actually did something like go outside or get laid, it wouldn't take as much "oxogen" for you to sit at a computer and type words..

VonErichLives
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
sure krisp, whatever you say.... :roll:

Boondock Saint
04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Well anyways...

Most of what I've heard so far is that Rodriguez's PLanet Terror is awesome and Tarantino's Death Proof is terrible.

Interesting.

Funky Fly
04-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Shit is 3 hours long.

Champion of Europa
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm watching this tonight, so I'm beginning the process of dehyping myself (reading the negative reviews).

Champion of Europa
04-06-2007, 03:29 AM
Just saw it, and it kicked my ass. Both movies were so kick ass, and the fake trailers were hilarious.

20 minutes into Planet Terror, there was a crazy film burning effect that didn't stop, and it turns out that our film actually burnt. I now own a frame of Grindhouse.

Evil Vito
04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah all I've heard in basically every review is that Rodriguez' film shits all over Tarantino's.

It also got a lot of flack because like a typical Tarantino film, there is plenty of dialog irrelevant to the story (which apparently was uncommon in those kind of films).

I wanna see it, I just need 3 hours to spare.</font>

weather vane
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Kris P I love you

SammyG
04-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Going to this tommorrow. it better be good.

Champion of Europa
04-07-2007, 02:33 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah all I've heard in basically every review is that Rodriguez' film shits all over Tarantino's.

It also got a lot of flack because like a typical Tarantino film, there is plenty of dialog irrelevant to the story (which apparently was uncommon in those kind of films).

I wanna see it, I just need 3 hours to spare.</font>

I actually thought that Tarantino's equals Rodriguez's film. They were both super good, IMO.

Funky Fly
04-07-2007, 02:42 AM
Yeah, people are fucking stupid. I actually liked Deathproof better. The dialog , while prettry random, is endearing. You connect with the characters and it means more when shit happens to them.

Planet Terror was pretty awesome too. Definitely getting added to the DVD collection.

Skippord
04-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I preferred Planet Terror

I wanted everyone in Death Proof dead besides Kurt Russel

Shaggy
04-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Ive heard from everyone that Planet Terror was alot better....but ive also heard a ton of great things about Death Proof.

Gotta check this movie out this week after class since the weekend was ruined for me..

SammyG
04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Just got back from it. Planet Terror was way better. Death proof is just... long and gets so dull at times.

SammyG
04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
The fact that Fergie was in this movie, blew my brains away. Seriously i was SO stoked. and her titties are amazing.

Crimson
04-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Planet Terror was alot better kept me entertained alot more. Maybe they shoulda put deathproof as the 1st movie, since it had a slower pace . and for DP I was alot more interested on stuntman mike's story and how he got to be a killer which we never get..instead of some broads talking about guys all night.

PT- 9/10
DP- 7/10

DON'T!!

El Fangel
04-08-2007, 02:58 AM
A local film-maker won a contest supported by Rodriguez. Its called "Hobo with a Gun."

Triple A
04-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah Planet Terror was easily the more entertaining movie.

Death Proof was still mad good though. And a lot of the dialogue was entertaining to listen to, but some of it was pretty terrible and you just wanted them to STFU.

The trailers and the whole double feature gimmick were great.

RP
04-08-2007, 06:19 AM

thats a 4 point play right there.:lol:

Champion of Europa
04-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah Planet Terror was easily the more entertaining movie.

Death Proof was still mad good though. And a lot of the dialogue was entertaining to listen to, but some of it was pretty terrible and you just wanted them to STFU.

The trailers and the whole double feature gimmick were great.

I thought Death Proof was kind of ehhh up until Tarantino started talking in the bar. Then it all kicked into awesome territory.

SammyG
04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
There shoulda been more titties and more sex. I LOLED when it said missing reel though.

Crimson
04-08-2007, 01:46 PM
What is it with Tarantino and his raper gimmick lol. Jus like in dusk till dawn.

Destor
04-08-2007, 05:05 PM
I can't even comprehend anyone with out ADHD saying Planet Terror is greater than Death Proof. That makes no sense.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Planet Terror didnt have annoying chicks talking for half the movie nor did it have a lame ending

Destor
04-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Planet Terror didnt have annoying chicks talking for half the movie nor did it have a lame endingWhich brings me back to the ADHD part.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Nah, Planet Terror was superior.

Real grindhouse movies don't have a shitload of dialouge that has nothing to do with the plot.

I loved Death Proof, but some of the extended conversations just dragged it down.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 06:21 PM
GOD I wanted to punch that black chick who wasnt Rosario Dawson in her face

Skippord
04-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Which brings me back to the ADHD part.
How is preferring action to chicks talking ADHD in an action movie?

Champion of Europa
04-08-2007, 06:27 PM

Real grindhouse movies don't have a shitload of dialouge that has nothing to do with the plot.

I loved Death Proof, but some of the extended conversations just dragged it down.

I have a few exploitation films that are essentially all talking leading up to an event. Like BORING talking. We're lucky we got interesting dialogue that led up to sweet car chases.

Destor
04-08-2007, 06:45 PM

I loved Death Proof, but some of the extended conversations just dragged it down.If we're only talking about the more infamous grindhouse films then yeah I guess they didn't have that much dialog for the most part. But having/not having heavy dialog wont stop this from being a grind house flick. It has nothing to do with it.

Destor
04-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Hell no real grindhouse film had the budget Planet Terror did so I hardly see the point.

Destor
04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
How is preferring action to chicks talking ADHD in an action movie?Death Proof wasn't an action movie. Check you genres.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Budget aside, Planet Terror felt like much more of the style.

Death Proof was good, but it should have went first. It was a slower movie. I think one problem people are having is the fact that Planet Terror and the trailers are all upbeat, and Death Proof takes a long time to get going.

Indifferent Clox
04-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I have ADHD (diagnosed and everything) and I liked Death Proof at least 3x more. I loved Planet Terror though. I might just be a big Tarantino mark though.

Shadow
04-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Death Proof was ok...when we got to the action sequences. What bugged me was all that god damn talking.

Planet Terror was alot more in the style of a campy B movie that you'd see on MST3K. Both were pretty good but I totally agree with having Planet Terror go first. You'd have people walking out if Death Proof went first due to how slow it went.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Death Proof wasn't an action movie. Check you genres.
Then what was it?

Destor
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I was an HOP obviously. (Horror-of-Personality.)

Good News Gertie
04-08-2007, 10:41 PM
ARGH. They cut out scenes. Makes me :'(.

Crimson
04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Kurt Russell was the man though...too bad no back story on him was explained. I'd go watch a prequel to deathproof starring Russell anytime.

Destor
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
They spelled out his back story quite well in the bar. The only thing they didn't tell you was EXACLY what the accident was.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-08-2007, 11:48 PM
TBH, I loved Planet Terror, not such a huge fan of Death Proof.

VonErichLives
04-09-2007, 06:51 AM
interesting note I found out, the Thanksgiving trailer got more notes originally from the raitings board then the 2 movies combined and had to be cut down.

Apocolyptik1
04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I saw it yesterday. Both movies were entertaining, but I wouldnt go out of my way to see either of them again.

I know that most of what was done in either movie was meant to be done for entertainment purposes, but I actually thought Planet Terror was almost TOO over the top.

I agree with whomever said something about the dialogue in Death Proof being their to help build characters. Thats obviously what it was their for, so you would care whenever the characters would get into a hardcore predicament. It probably did stray far to much in the movie though. I think with a few tweaks however, it probably could of been sold as its own movie.

I am tired of people making movies that are terrible and then saying "Oh dont worry, its supposed to be that way" and expect me to turn around and like it. Cool, way to go back and pay homage to the original genre of the grindhouse movies themselves, but make a movie that is actually a GOOD movie. The acting in Planet Terror was AWFUL. Before anyway says that it shouldnt be a focal point, fuck off, its a movie. ACT MOTHERFUCKERS. You wont impress me with gore anymore.

I would give PT a 5/10 and DP a 7/10. The humor throughout the movie saved it for me. Especially the coming attractions spoof's that they showed. That was the classic humor that these guys bring to the table I enjoy from both directors.

Apocolyptik1
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Did anyone notice any easter eggs in the film? I only saw one, and that was in Death Proof.

Kurt Russell's wife beater he wears in Big Trouble in Little China was hanging on the wall of the bar that Jungle Julia and friends were hanging out at. It was up above the jutebox.

Destor
04-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Terrantino and his love for old cerals was all over the place.

BTW, Does any one else get a kick out of the foot fetish Tarentino has?

Skippord
04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Kurt Russel was the man

*black spoiler text*

Until he got his ass kicked

Destor
04-09-2007, 05:39 PM
ROFL, but that was sooooooo great.

Shadow
04-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Wasn't it?

Especially the ending where Dawson does what she does best...kill people.

Destor
04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I loved it.

RGWhat316
04-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I got a chance to see the movies today, and I did like Planet Terror better. More than likely have to wait for the dvd to see the cut scenes, cus they missed a bunch with those.

I still liked Planet Terror even though all the blood and gore was way over the top. I thought the first half of Death Proof was good, especially with the really brutal deaths that happened to all the girls. I also thought there was gonna be a better ending to DP.

Destor
04-09-2007, 11:46 PM
That ending was sooo brilliant. The perfect ending (and the ending I've been begging to get from that genre for forever.) Come on, it was so rofl.

Destor
04-09-2007, 11:47 PM
To each their own and all, but it wa soooooooo funny.

Triple A
04-10-2007, 01:06 AM
The ending was definitely great. It was so simple but pretty much the perfect ending.

RGWhat316
04-10-2007, 02:41 AM
That whole "Thanksgiving" trailer was f'd up. I cringed at the cheerleader/knife scene.

yianni
04-10-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this. Looks pretty awol

Shaggy
04-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I just read online that due to the low box office the movie received this weekend they are planning to release special editions of both Grindhouse movies at the theater.

Deathproof and Planet Terror will be two seperate movies under the titles given to them instead of both of them being together under the Grindhouse title.

Also the special editions will be longer with the scenes that were cut out added back in.

I guess this is atleast one way of getting more money

ClockShot
04-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I just read online that due to the low box office the movie received this weekend they are planning to release special editions of both Grindhouse movies at the theater.

Deathproof and Planet Terror will be two seperate movies under the titles given to them instead of both of them being together under the Grindhouse title.

Also the special editions will be longer with the scenes that were cut out added back in.

I guess this is atleast one way of getting more money

Yeah. This flick bombed big time. Came in 4th place in money over the weekend. They were expecting about 20 mil. and pulled in just over 11. With reasons citing most theatres couldn't squeze in a 3 hour flick.

I think it would be a good idea if Weinstein did seperate the films. They did it overseas.

Funky Fly
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
That is such BS, tho. It's a fantastic movie and if they really wanted, I'm sure they could fit in a 3 hour movie.

Crimson
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
People these days would rather watch crap though like ' are we done yet'. soo sad

Destor
04-10-2007, 10:20 PM
LotR: RotK did great with a LONGER run time. What the gay?

Destor
04-10-2007, 10:20 PM
But yeah, my theater only did three show times.

Bo
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
That whole "Thanksgiving" trailer was f'd up. I cringed at the cheerleader/knife scene.
Yeah there was a uanaimous groan and cringe by everyone in the theater when that happen.

Shaggy
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I cringed at that scene even after seeing once before online

Boondock Saint
04-11-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm looking for the opening title song of PLanet Terror. The one Rose McGowan dances too. Such an awesome tune. If anyone can find it online, I will rep you.

Blitz
04-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Is it the main theme, Boondock? The one in the trailer?

RGWhat316
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
You know someone has to say it.

You gotta wonder if the zombies thought that Fergie was T to the A to the S-T-Y, LOL.

Jeritron
04-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Dude there's a difference between ADHD and a movie having bad pacing and out of place overdone dialouge.

Everyone here seems to love Tarontino movies, and I love movies with dialouge and lots of it. However Death Proof was a drag, because it was poorly done and dragged the movie down bigtime throughout. I'm not saying it sucked, I'm just saying Planet Terror was better.

Jeritron
04-11-2007, 02:43 PM
and yes I laugh/sometimes get annoyed by Tarontino's foot fetish. Either way it's pretty funny to point out to people

HeartBreakMan2k
04-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh for the record, I think Planet Terror was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

D Mac
04-13-2007, 01:48 AM
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/grindhouse-may-be-split-into-two-films/20070410145009990001

'Grindhouse' May Be Split Into Two Films
Disappointing Opening Weekend May Lead to One Big Cut

APRIL 10 - The much-hyped double-feature approach didn't help the violent 'Grindhouse' at the box office. So the studio that released the movie may take the hatchet to it, cutting it down to two separate films.

The Robert Rodriquez-Quentin Tarantino -directed love letter to 70s exploitation films included two features, 'Planet Terror' and 'Death Proof.' Each film runs nearly 90 minutes and they are surrounded by fake movie trailers.

While fanboys ate up the concept, it failed to connect with audiences this past weekend, pulling in $11.6 million, which was only good enough for fourth place at the box office. Much milder fare, including the Ice Cube family comedy 'Are We Done Yet,' placed higher.

Harvey Weinstein , who has worked with both directors throughout their careers, told Page Six that 'Grindhouse' may now be split in two and that extended versions of 'Terror' and 'Proof' will be released seperately overseas and on DVD by distributor Dimension Films.

"I don't think people understood what we were doing," Weinstein says. "The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."

He also said the running length of 'Grindhouse' -- over three hours -- may have keep audiences away.

'Grindhouse' represents a break in the momentum for Rodriquez and Tarantino R-rated openings. Tarantino's last two efforts, the 'Kill Bill' films, opened with an average of $23 million, while Rodriquez's 'Sin City' and 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' averaged $26 million.

Lara Emily
04-13-2007, 02:08 AM

Uhh yes they do.

Skippord
04-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh for the record, I think Planet Terror was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
I had seventeen consecutive orgasms watching Planet Terror :shifty:

D Mac
04-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Did anyone read my news. It's already out of my theatre here so has it officially bombed?

Funky Fly
04-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Still showing it here. If they're still showing it after I'm done with exams, I may go see it again.

Champion of Europa
04-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Seen this bitch 4 times.

Downunder
04-15-2007, 09:25 AM
It's not out here until the 31st of May :mad: , and word is it will be cut into two seperate films - nice one cunts just so you can get more of my money. I DON'T THINK SO!

I'll wait for a good copy to come avalible on Demonoid and download it.

Blitz
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Planet Terror was way, way, way better than Deathproof. Although Deathproof's ending was fucking hysterical.

Trailers were good too. Thanksgiving was fucked up.

Blitz
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
BTW, I love Rose McGowan. She was fucking great.

Funky Fly
04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
It's not out here until the 31st of May :mad: , and word is it will be cut into two seperate films - nice one cunts just so you can get more of my money. I DON'T THINK SO!

Well, in truth it is 2 full length movies jammed together with about 10 minutes of fake trailers to boot. People are fucking retarded for mot going, just for the savings alone.

Skippord
04-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Planet Terror was way, way, way better than Deathproof. Although Deathproof's ending was fucking hysterical.

Trailers were good too. Thanksgiving was fucked up.
El Wray was the man

Blitz
04-18-2007, 12:54 AM
He certainly was. I would have liked more of Doc Block and the Sheriff as well.

Planet Terror just had better characters than Deathproof. The only character I gave a shit about in Deathproof was Stuntman Mike.

Skippord
04-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Doc Block was the man

D Mac
04-18-2007, 04:23 AM

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/grindhouse-may-be-split-into-two-films/20070410145009990001

'Grindhouse' May Be Split Into Two Films
Disappointing Opening Weekend May Lead to One Big Cut

APRIL 10 - The much-hyped double-feature approach didn't help the violent 'Grindhouse' at the box office. So the studio that released the movie may take the hatchet to it, cutting it down to two separate films.

The Robert Rodriquez-Quentin Tarantino -directed love letter to 70s exploitation films included two features, 'Planet Terror' and 'Death Proof.' Each film runs nearly 90 minutes and they are surrounded by fake movie trailers.

While fanboys ate up the concept, it failed to connect with audiences this past weekend, pulling in $11.6 million, which was only good enough for fourth place at the box office. Much milder fare, including the Ice Cube family comedy 'Are We Done Yet,' placed higher.

Harvey Weinstein , who has worked with both directors throughout their careers, told Page Six that 'Grindhouse' may now be split in two and that extended versions of 'Terror' and 'Proof' will be released seperately overseas and on DVD by distributor Dimension Films.

"I don't think people understood what we were doing," Weinstein says. "The audience didn't get the idea that it is two movies for the price of one. I don't understand the math, but I want to accommodate the audience."

He also said the running length of 'Grindhouse' -- over three hours -- may have keep audiences away.

'Grindhouse' represents a break in the momentum for Rodriquez and Tarantino R-rated openings. Tarantino's last two efforts, the 'Kill Bill' films, opened with an average of $23 million, while Rodriquez's 'Sin City' and 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' averaged $26 million.

Mr Regal
04-18-2007, 04:29 AM
I don't think they are gonna cut it for the UK market as I just watched the trailer for it last night, advertising it all intact.

So good news for me there:y: