PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice...?

ttetf
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Did anyone else remember the whole "reason" an actual match between Trump and McMahon isn't going to happen at Mania? When Trump challenged Vince he said he couldn't wrestle because of an injury he got at Hell in the Cell. Now all of a sudden he's fighting Lashley next week? This lack paying attention to their own story line is embarassing...:roll:

Reavant
03-20-2007, 12:12 PM
he prolly isnt going to compete ... hes just going to try and trap lashley and then it will prolly fail and be really stupid

Kane Knight
03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Did anyone else remember the whole "reason" an actual match between Trump and McMahon isn't going to happen at Mania? When Trump challenged Vince he said he couldn't wrestle because of an injury he got at Hell in the Cell. Now all of a sudden he's fighting Lashley next week? This lack paying attention to their own story line is embarassing...:roll:

Yeah, because a wrestler has never claimed they were too injured to compete, gotten out of something, and then competed anyway elsewhere.

Theo Dious
03-20-2007, 02:10 PM
HE' STILL INJURED TO ME DAMMIT!!!

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2007, 02:12 PM
A better question is, why does Vince feel the need to make himself the center of the show instead of the wrestlers he is paying?

Jeritron
03-20-2007, 02:29 PM
His fued with Lashley is getting him over, I hate to say it. And isn't the main event next week the main even tag match?

Xero
03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I'll be honest, yes, I forgot. And I saw that promo too.

Corkscrewed
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Normally, I'd call bad writing, but in this case, I think it's because he's got something up his sleeve.

Although chances are that this "bombshell" will only end up being Umaga getting the best of Lashley in a sneak attack the episode before the PPV, so that Lashley goes over in the PPV itself.

Rammsteinmad
03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Lol WWE continuity is SOOOOO bad! :lol:

They should hire the writers from the X-Men comics or something. I'm sure it's better than the Nickolodeon writers or whoever it is now.

Mercury Bullet
03-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Although chances are that this "bombshell" will only end up being Umaga getting the best of Lashley in a sneak attack the episode before the PPV, so that Lashley goes over in the PPV itself.

JR: Bah Gawd! Umaga just broke Lashley in half!

Vince is just going to run away, if he even is out at the ring at all. Umaga will "ambush" Lashley and put him through a table or something.

JR: Bah Gawd, Lashley is hurt! I don't know if he can compete at Wrestlemania! He's a human being for christ's sakes!

Pepsi Man
03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I caught it. I figured it wouldn't be an actual "match", but it is stupid that neither Trump nor anyone else will bring this subject up.

Mr. Nerfect
03-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Good ears, but I think the whole idea with Vince ducking out of the match was just to make him look like a coward, not because he is legitimately meant to be injured in storyline purposes.

I'd much rather see Lashley take on Shane McMahon. At least then we might see some epic bumping for Lashley.

Kane Knight
03-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Lol WWE continuity is SOOOOO bad! :lol:

They should hire the writers from the X-Men comics or something. I'm sure it's better than the Nickolodeon writers or whoever it is now.

Fuck that. You know the fanboys would come out and say it wasn't as good as the comic...

Corkscrewed
03-21-2007, 04:15 AM
They can fix this very simply next week in a two line dialogue.

Backstage.

COACH: Vince, are you SURE you want to compete against Bobby Lashley tonight? Remember your doctors haven't cleared you from your injury in Hell in a Cell!

VINCE: Oh, I remember. But Vincent Kennedy McMahon is going to show Bobby Lashley just who he's messing with. *evil grin*

Or something along those lines.

If you want to be anal.

Afterlife
03-21-2007, 06:49 AM
But, by being anal, one would point out the improved chances for Vince's success in Vince vs. Trumnp, as opposed to Vince vs. Lashley.

Not that I'm anal I'm just sayin'.

Theo Dious
03-21-2007, 07:54 AM
No, if you want to be anal, you'd have Coach fuck Vince in the ass.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2007, 01:55 AM
I'd rather see Coach fucking Vince than Vince fucking Coach. It's about time Vince put someone over. :shifty:

Afterlife
03-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Rasslin' ain't for queers, dammit.

:shifty:

Rammsteinmad
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Fuck that. You know the fanboys would come out and say it wasn't as good as the comic...

To compensate they could have Cena dress up as Cyclops. Shannon Moore can be Jubilee. :D

loopydate
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.umc.pitt.edu/pittmag/spring2004/images/photos/goodsport.jpg

"Oh, my stars and garters!"