PDA

View Full Version : 8 Films to Die For

The Genius
03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
So they were shown at a horror fest in cities across america over a weekend period in October or November. I missed it and now they are releasing them in a DVD box set or priced at 15 a piece. Which of them were worthwhile to check out? or are all of them?

Blitz
03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
The only one I've seen was The Gravedancers, which was pretty good up until the end, at which point it kinda devolved into a pretty standard horror movie.

I'd recommend it tho.

The Genius
03-24-2007, 09:46 PM
got it check out gravedancers.

i heard the Abandoned was pretty good too. not so sure about any of the others.

Volchok
03-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah they were playing them in Huntsville when I lived down there. They seemed pretty good.

Blitz
04-02-2007, 06:21 PM
K just watched Dark Ride. It was kinda predictable, and the ending left something to be desired, but I'd recommend it for a rental.

Arnold HamNegger
04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I saw Reincarnation in the theater and it was pretty good. More of a psychological thriller than actual violence.

I saw Gravedancers last night and was pretty disappointed. Maybe my hopes were up too high. The premise was kind of original, but I thought the "gravedancing" itself was done way too gay. Plus, the beginning/middle just moved WAY too slow. And by the end, the special effects were :roll:

I could see how people might like it though, it's worth taking a shot on. It's wierd seeing Dominic Percell with hair.

Blitz
04-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I saw Gravedancers last night and was pretty disappointed. Maybe my hopes were up too high. The premise was kind of original, but I thought the "gravedancing" itself was done way too gay. Plus, the beginning/middle just moved WAY too slow. And by the end, the special effects were :roll:
That's what I liked about it actually, that the beginning and middle had a slower pace and nice build. I thought it was pretty good, the way it tried to portray people actually being haunted.

Love that scene where Purcell is going to work, and you can here stuff rattling around, like pipes or something. It gets progressively louder and louder, then as soon as he walks out the door, stops dead, and his wife looks around like wtf. Thought that was great.

And yeah, the effects at the end were quite cheesy. Can't expect too much in the way of great effects from an indie horror film tho.

Arnold HamNegger
04-02-2007, 08:28 PM
That's what I liked about it actually, that the beginning and middle had a slower pace and nice build. I thought it was pretty good, the way it tried to portray people actually being haunted.

Love that scene where Purcell is going to work, and you can here stuff rattling around, like pipes or something. It gets progressively louder and louder, then as soon as he walks out the door, stops dead, and his wife looks around like wtf. Thought that was great.

And yeah, the effects at the end were quite cheesy. Can't expect too much in the way of great effects from an indie horror film tho.

True, I guess I'm being too harsh. Yeah, there were some good scenes that built up the suspense. That was a pretty good scene when she was in bed with Percell. Which movie got voted the best and rereleased to the theaters?

Blitz
04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I think The Abandoned was re-released.

Arnold HamNegger
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
I saw Unrest and Wicked Little Things this weekend. I liked WLT, it was pretty cool visually...very dark. When I saw that children were the "zombies" in the movie I was like :roll: , but it's actually pretty intense. Good mindless entertainment overall, I was pleasantly surprised. :y:

Unrest had some serious potential, but it just turned ridiculous IMO. There's a decently hot chick as the lead actress, but by the end she was so damn annoying and stupid I was hoping she would die. Hell, I wanted to kill her myself.