PDA

View Full Version : Foley's big announcement?

Marc the Smark
03-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Mick Foley commented during his appearance on Opie and Anthony radio show, that after Wrestlemania he will have a big announcement to make. Does anyone think Foley will become the new ECW GM?

Xero
03-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Foley: I am never coming back.

Terry Funk: Show off...

KingofOldSchool
03-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Foley is going to announce that he's not really Mick Foley, but Hulk Hogan in disguise.

Rammsteinmad
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Mick Foley's big announcement after Wrestlemania will be that he'll make a big announcement on Raw.

Rammsteinmad
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
And then he'll tell us that the shops have knocked $1 off the cover price of his latest book. :)

NeanderCarl
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
His big announcement is that he's coming out of retirement for the 12th time in an attempt to beat his hero Terry Funk's record for most reneged retirement vows in one career.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 09:48 PM
What vow of retirement would he be breaking?

As far as I know, he only retired once and came back part time, and continues to be under that same part time capacity/return/contract.

Xero
03-25-2007, 10:16 PM
From what I understand, a long while ago (90's possibly) he claimed that he would go out and stay out of the business when he's "finished". Obviously, coming back part-time 800 times breaks that.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't mind it at all. It's not like he hogs any lime light or throws his weight around.

He does it with intentions of making others look good and helping them get over. He was great for Orton and Edge. He also has lost every match since his retirement with the exception of Carlito, which if he had his way would have been a program ending with him doing the job.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I also think some critics of him returning are the same ones who wouldn't have a problem with it had he signed that TNA deal in the summer of 2005.

Pepsi Man
03-25-2007, 11:01 PM

As far as I know, he only retired once and came back part time, and continues to be under that same part time capacity/return/contract.
He really did walk out back in 2001, when Vince "fired" him on that plane, or when he quit on that plane, or however that went. I think he stayed out from late '01 until mid '03, when Orton ended up knocking him down the stairs, and McMahon called for a janitor.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Yea, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? That's kayfabe man, except for the actual firing.

He retired once. In April of 2000, at Wrestlemania. Once he retired from the full time roster, he was a commisioner. Then he had a falling out with Vince and was gone. He returned, in a non wrestling role, still retired, at Bad Blood 03 to ref the hell in a cell.

He came out of retirement for a storyline with Randy Orton. He wrestled 2 matches. Since then he's been under a 4 match a year contract and has been doing it ever since. He hasn't won a match, nor has he been a full time wrestler. He hasn't retired, and thus hasn't returned, since this. Which means his only retirement has been in April 2000.

80s-2000 =full time professional wrestler
retired
Returned part time with a 4 shot contract as a professional wrestler, continues to do so.

Don't count short lived hiatuses and kayfabe elements as retirements. He retired once and returned once.

Pepsi Man
03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Yea, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? That's kayfabe man, except for the actual firing.

He retired once. In April of 2000, at Wrestlemania. Once he retired from the full time roster, he was a commisioner. Then he had a falling out with Vince and was gone. He returned, in a non wrestling role, still retired, at Bad Blood 03 to ref the hell in a cell.

He came out of retirement for a storyline with Randy Orton. He wrestled 2 matches. Since then he's been under a 4 match a year contract and has been doing it ever since. He hasn't won a match, nor has he been a full time wrestler. He hasn't retired, and thus hasn't returned, since this. Which means his only retirement has been in April 2000.

80s-2000 =full time professional wrestler
retired
Returned part time with a 4 shot contract as a professional wrestler, continues to do so.

Don't count short lived hiatuses and kayfabe elements as retirements. He retired once and returned once.
I'm saying he LEGITIMATELY walked/was fired when that whole thing went down.

Jeritron
03-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Yea I know what went on. I won't lie, I'm a huge Foley mark and defend his work and career.

Pepsi Man
03-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Yea I know what went on. I won't lie, I'm a huge Foley mark and defend his work and career.
Well, that's what it has to do with it. After all, the post I was replying to stated...

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Foley: I AM Cactus Jack!

Crowd: :|

Foley: Right here...on the RAW after WrestleMania!

Crowd: Woooo! Yeah! Foley! Foley! Foley!

In all seriousness, it will probably just be used to set up an angle with Johnny Nitro, or something.

Jeritron
03-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Good. That angle will be awesome. And most importantly, it will get Nitro over. Plus it will probably heavily involve Melina.
They're in good hands while working a program with Foley, he'll do everything he can to make them look good and you know they'll be going over.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Good. That angle will be awesome. And most importantly, it will get Nitro over. Plus it will probably heavily involve Melina.
They're in good hands while working a program with Foley, he'll do everything he can to make them look good and you know they'll be going over.

That's true. It's a shame Joey Mercury may not be involved, though. To be honest, I'd rather see Foley feud with him. It doesn't make as much sense, but Mercury is really awesome, in my opinion.

Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Ashley & Mick Foley vs. MNM? That would make me cum. :drool:

Jeritron
03-26-2007, 12:44 AM
He would be better suited doing something new on Smackdown.

That other fued is not only too lopsided, but kind of a meaningless clusterfuck. I like all parties involved, but I'd rather see Nitro/Foley take place later this year after an MNM/L&K fued resulting in a unification of the tag belts and ending with a Mercury face turn. In which Nitro and Melina decide he's the weak link, turn on him, betray and assault him and leave him to go back to Raw where they say Nitro can continue to flourish on his own without being dragged down back on this second rate show. Plus by making it look like Melina is pulling the strings here ultimately it enhances her character as the manipulative pants wearing manager.
Great heat, and a great boost before returning to singles work. Then they'd get off with a bang for the Foley fued and Mercury could change his gimmick and work as a face on smackdown.

It also leaves the door open for them to reunite way in the future (if need be). In which case she's the reason they split up and they can be reunited after Nitro recongizes her coniving and they split, reuniting him and Mercury to take on a new team she has jumped ship too.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2007, 12:50 AM
He would be better suited doing something new on Smackdown.

That other fued is not only too lopsided, but kind of a meaningless clusterfuck. I like all parties involved, but I'd rather see Nitro/Foley take place later this year after an MNM/L&K fued resulting in a unification of the tag belts and ending with a Mercury face turn. In which Nitro and Melina decide he's the weak link, turn on him, betray and assault him and leave him to go back to Raw where they say Nitro can continue to flourish on his own without being dragged down back on this second rate show. Plus by making it look like Melina is pulling the strings here ultimately it enhances her character as the manipulative pants wearing manager.
Great heat, and a great boost before returning to singles work. Then they'd get off with a bang for the Foley fued and Mercury could change his gimmick and work as a face on smackdown.

It also leaves the door open for them to reunite way in the future (if need be). In which case she's the reason they split up and they can be reunited after Nitro recongizes her coniving and they split, reuniting him and Mercury to take on a new team she has jumped ship too.

That actually sounds really good. :y:

When Joey Mercury was kicked out of MNM at Judgment Day last year, I was hoping that he'd return and feud with Johnny Nitro. They brought them back on the same page, which was good, though. Hopefully we do get to see a Johnny Nitro vs. Joey Mercury feud down the line.

It'd actually do MNM a lot of good if Nitro beat Foley, then turned on Mercury, then Mercury beat Nitro with Foley lending moral support. It makes Nitro look better than Foley, but it also brings Mercury up to that level, and you have two potential main event players on your hands.

Jeritron
03-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Moreso in Nitro who comes out as the Jeff or Edge or Shawn of that group, and Mercury who is the Matt or Christian or Janetty. Just seems to be the way it is with tag teams that break up, though Christian seems to prove that wrong. (Also not comparing all of those wrestlers on the same level, just the same idea)

But yea, some good ideas. And theres no if about it with Nitro going over Foley. If they work a program, not only with Foley put him over with the storyline and portrayal of him in the buildup, but he'll certainly be doing the job. Even if its a multiple match angle he'll probably job all the matches, and without a doubt the deciding match.
Nitro/Foley = a good move.

St. Jimmy
03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Foley is gonna come back as a manager. Who's he managing?

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6374/frontpage218gc.jpg

KingofOldSchool
03-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Fabio?

tucsonspeed6
03-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Fabio?

Foley: Ok, Fabs, I've got you in the dream match of this century. YOu're gonna fight a goose. The only problem is that the board wants you to do it in a "Roller Coaster of Death" match.

Fabio: Son of a....

DAMN iNATOR
03-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Fabio?

Looks more like "CHRIS FUCKIN' JERICHO!" to me...:|

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 04:29 PM
And then he'll tell us that the shops have knocked $1 off the cover price of his latest book, now available in large print, book on tape, book on disc, and DVD audio with additional author commentary. :)

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 04:35 PM
From what I understand, a long while ago (90's possibly) he claimed that he would go out and stay out of the business when he's "finished". Obviously, coming back part-time 800 times breaks that.

Not to mention the KAYFABE "never set foot in the ring again" deal which retired him.

By the terms of his retirement, Every time Foley steps into the ring, regardless of being under the same contract or whatever, he breaks the onscreen terms of his retirement. PERIOD.

Dave Youell
03-26-2007, 04:36 PM
He was the man behind Gtv

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 04:57 PM
GTwhat now?

The One
03-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes, Foley breaks his word to never come back after retiring.
No, I don't mind...infact I've loved it every time.

If Foley became GM of ECW, that might actually be enough to get me to tune in again.

Kane Knight
03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes, Foley breaks his word to never come back after retiring.
No, I don't mind...infact I've loved it every time.

Just for the record, I agree. I don't give a shit.