PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason topic...

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 01:58 AM
I guess we should just keep all the offseason moves in here.The first big one was yesterday with Mark Brunell signing with Washington. This pisses me off for so many reasons. I wanted Brunell is Dallas. Washington doesn't even need a QB, especially one who costs as much as Brunell. They have Ramsey who is good and they have a pretty good backup for him with Tim Hasselbeck.

As for Dallas, I'm starting to feel okay with Quincy Carter probably starting next year. He DID take his team to the playoffs without much help on offense and showed SOME improvement. Hopefully they can draft a good RB.

So yeah, discuss any off season happenings right here.

Bad Guy
02-21-2004, 03:09 AM
Lions are going to the superbowl. can you dig it, sucka? i know i can.

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 04:27 AM
I hope they get their tickets early. :D

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 04:28 AM
By the way, early prediction. Colts-Cowboys Super Bowl!

KingofOldSchool
02-21-2004, 09:44 AM
AHAHAHAHA.

The Icon of Elisim
02-21-2004, 02:31 PM
The money they gave to Brunell would have been much better spent on Champ Bailey

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Cowboys are overrated

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm joking about the Colts-Cowboys thing. It's impossible to predict this early. Hell, it could be Detroit-Cincy the way things have been in the NFL lately. Parcells in his second year though... they WILL win a playoff game.

BTW, I think they put a franchise tag on Champ Bailey. This Brunell thing just boggles my mind though.

Bad Guy
02-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I hope they get their tickets early. :D
:mad:

VonErich Lives
02-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Now, before certain posters get their panties in a knot...

It's nice to have an off-season thread, but if you think people aren't going to start new threads about major moves or off season issues...

now, thats out of the way.

Gotta say... I see the Pats going back...

The core of the team will probably be intact.

They get back one of the best pass rushing LB in the league. (will he lose a step is a different story).

Plus they have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds of what is being called the deepest draft in 10yrs.

Here's how I see the draft needs.
RB - I wouldn't be shocked to see them go RB in round #1, it's not there style, but the need is there.
LB - Great core, getting older... time to get a young MLB to groom behind TJ and Bruschi.
CB - Might be Ty Law's last year and Poole show'd in the superbowl he played over his head most of the year.
WR - Tough call, wouldn't mind seeing a OL since they will probably lose Woody, but I still think they need a 6'2 or 6'3 WR... although, Givens (6ft) looks like he could be the big WR, wouldn't mind seeing another... just not sure who'se out there... Theres talk of Keyshon... while on one hand that scares me, if Belicheck does it, then he must feel he has a connection with the guy.

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah I know people will start new topics about major happenings but this can just be an overall discussion as thing progress.

New England should still be good next year but I can't see a team in today's NFL winning 2 straight Super Bowls. New England won 2 in 3 years but that one year in between, they couldn't even make the playoffs. Everyone thought Tampa would be going back this year, myself included.

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Terrell Owens = Newest Philadelphia Eagle

#1-norm-fan
02-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, if that happens and it probably will, then Philly won't be losing another championship game.

As in, they won't be making it to begin with. Even if Andy Reid got Owens under control so he didn't hurt the team in the long run, Philly still won't be going to the championship game again.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I heard stuff about the Patriots possibly getting Duce Staley and then using their draft picks on other places..dunno though

Stephen Jackson is the best running back in the draft, I think they are going for a back they should go after him....meaning they'd have to trade up. I don't want Perry or Kevin Jones unless Faulk gets released because they are basically the same type of back.

If the Pats for a back I think they should go after DJ Williams from Miami..hes an outside backer but I think he'd be a good fit in the defense with his crazy speed. Patriots still have Mark Chattam (SP?) and hes a capable backer so they might not go backer right away.

Personally I'd like to see the Patriots draft Wilfork from Miami, he is A BEAST..especially if they lose Ted Washington. Wilfork is big but he can move, I think he is going to end up being the best player (well alteast not including all the WRs) in the draft.

Patriots could also go WR...there is so many good WR in the draft this year, especially since Mike Williams from USC is coming out. (PLUS Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Williams, Roy Williams, Lee Evans + a few others)

#1-norm-fan
02-22-2004, 01:26 AM
If the Pats get Duce Staley I think it will definately be a step down. And I wasn't high on Kevin Faulk in the first place. There will be better backs available though.

MoRcHeEbA
02-22-2004, 01:57 AM
I thought faulk already got released. I don't really get washington though I mean 7 years 43 million for a QB that is probably ranked around 17-22 of starters or Champ Bailey an easy top 5 corner. Cinci should try and get champ :love:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Yea..I wasn't sure if they picked up Faulk or whatever yet..I know they let Smith go.

I'm just saying, I don't think KJones or Perry would be much different then Faulk..and Faulk is only a 3rd down back really.

'Skins are also stupid, they had Ramsey...why not give him a chance? They gave Arrington big money but then they don't give Bailey big money too? Arrington is good, but Bailey is probably like top 3 in his position..while I dunno about Arrington being a top 3 LB

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-22-2004, 02:02 AM
I can't wait til football season starts....I could talk about this shit all day

Supreme Olajuwon
02-22-2004, 02:20 AM
I Cinci should try and get champ :love:

not for the two draft picks

they need more than a corner

I hope they draft Wilfork because they need a big fat d lineman

#1-norm-fan
02-22-2004, 02:25 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/7098977

Champ isn't going anywhere. -edit- maybe he is. I'm confused by this whole "Franchise player" thing.

Still a bad decision to spend all that money of Brunell.

Crimson
02-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Mike Williams is COMING OUT????

:drool: Damn talk about the best reciever draft ever. Dallas should draft one of 'em :|.

VonErich Lives
02-22-2004, 02:35 PM
Faulk's a free agent... dunno if he'll be back, I think he could be... depends on how much he wants, but where he can return kicks and be a 3rd down back, I think they'll try and keep him.

Theres a rumor they might package the 2 first round picks to Houston to move up and grab Steven Jackson, they suprised everyone going after a big free agent last year (Colvin), so trading up to grab the top RB, wouldn't be a big shock, and with two picks in round #2, it wouldn't hurt them.

OF course, this depends on him still being there at #10 and Houston wanting to trade down, etc... etc...

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Steven Jackson is the truth...they should do it if hes there

Bad Guy
02-23-2004, 05:33 PM

Champ isn't going anywhere. -edit- maybe he is. I'm confused by this whole "Franchise player" thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

#1-norm-fan
02-23-2004, 07:23 PM
I heard this on the radio. Wow bad decision if Denver give up Portis for Bailey.

They were also talking about how Portis only makes half a mil. a year. Unbelievable.

FearedSanctity
02-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Wouldn't exactly be bad. They'd be getting something they need horribly, and sending away somebody from a position they seem to have no problem filling. Oh, and pick(s).

The Icon of Elisim
02-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Thats a pretty good trade from Denver's standpoint. Portis is a great running back but Shanahan has a history of being able to turn mediocre guys into very good runners. Bailey is a top corner back, plus they'd get a pick out of it.

#1-norm-fan
02-24-2004, 03:43 AM
Now that I think of it, if Olandis Gary can look good behind Denver's o-line, maybe it's not such a bad idea.

The Icon of Elisim
02-24-2004, 05:16 PM

My understanding is that a team can put the franchise player tag on one of their free agents. This means that they get a one year contract worth the average of the top 5 salaries at their position. When free agency starts any team can match the contract but then they need to give the team two first round picks.

Supreme Olajuwon
02-24-2004, 06:27 PM
oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man the Bengals might sign the Freak

Titans didnt put the franchise tag on Kearse

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-24-2004, 06:56 PM
If Kearse gets back to old form then that'd be pretty sick

Has really stood out the last few years tho

VonErich Lives
02-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Portis for Bailey... both players are unhappy... and Denver feels they already have a replacement (forgot his name, he had 2-3 100yd games this year). and with Denvers OL, everyone has looked good back there.

That being said, does Washington really want to giveup such a good DB?

Supreme Olajuwon
02-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Washington will prolly draft Sean Taylor with their first pick and he looks like Pro Bowl material

they could go after WIll Poole in the second round too

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-24-2004, 07:52 PM
VEL..Griffin had 2 100 yd games

Sean Taylor is also the truth when it comes to DB

Supreme Olajuwon
02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm hoping for one of three guys for the Bengals pick

Jonathan Vilma
Chris Gamble
Vince Wilfork

Itd be sweet if Boulware was around for the Bengals second pick but hes pretty tiny for a LB

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Boss Bailey was around in the 2nd round......Boulware might be

Vilma is prob gonna slip in the draft too because of his size. Wilfork is a beast. Gamble will prob be a pretty good conorback but I dunno I think he shoulda stayed at school for one more year. He played like poop in the biggest game of the season at OSU

Crimson
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
A lot of talk down here that Mike Williams shoulda stayed in school. I mean right now he's like the 3rd best reciever and might go 10-15. If he would came out next year a top 5 pick woulda been almost guaranteed . I wish he coulda stayed to make a run at the Heisman and win the championship, but hell it's hard to pass up the pro's when you have the chance so you can't blame him. It's also funny how many people are now saying that he'll struggle in the NFL because he's not fast enough and won't be able to overpower the db's. LOL I think Jerry Rice had the same problem coming out of college, and so did Boldin last year. :roll:

Supreme Olajuwon
02-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Boss Bailey was around in the 2nd round......Boulware might be

Vilma is prob gonna slip in the draft too because of his size. Wilfork is a beast. Gamble will prob be a pretty good conorback but I dunno I think he shoulda stayed at school for one more year. He played like poop in the biggest game of the season at OSU

Bengals have like the 50th pick and I think Boulware will go late 30s

Gamble is the best athlete Ive ever seen and if he works on his shit he'll be rediculous

Crimson
02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Keyshawn for Galloway rumors. Hmm.. dunno about that one, Galloway has underachieved , but we have Bryant already as the possesion reciever. **** this we need a qb and runningback .

#1-norm-fan
02-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Galloway has underachieved because he hasn't had a QB to get the ball to him. Apparently the Cowboys aren't in a hurry to replace Quincy though. He just isn't accurate so no WR will help. I wouldn't mind Keyshawn coming over though. Parcells is the one man that can definately coach him and keep him grounded.

Crimson
02-25-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't really care if Key is there as long as he stays under the radar. But he isn't really that much of an upgrade anyways, we need a ****ing runningback and quincy sucks. But I guess he'll have to do since nobody else is out there. Hopefully they upgrade their defense more at corner, and defensive end.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Quincy Carter is bunk and their running game is terrible..Cowboys wont go anywhere with Troy Hambrick as their starting tailback

Crimson
02-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Quincy Carter is bunk and their running game is terrible..Cowboys wont go anywhere with Troy Hambrick as their starting tailback

Funny how EVERYONE said that last year. Although I do also think they will probably win like 6-8 games as of right now.

MoRcHeEbA
02-26-2004, 05:29 PM
LOL looks like unless san fran trades owens he's not going anywhere he didn't file the papers to make him a free agent.

#1-norm-fan
02-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Lazy bastard.

#1-norm-fan
02-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Wow. Speaking of the 49ers, they released Garrison Hearst.

The Miz
02-26-2004, 08:53 PM
lmao @ owens. what a goon.

MoRcHeEbA
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
yeah I would be given my agent a throw off a building if I were him.

MoRcHeEbA
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Wow. Speaking of the 49ers, they released Garrison Hearst.

they signed barlow long term the other day that's why :p

Supreme Olajuwon
02-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Well if they keep Owens its not as if he's going to just refuse to play. Unlike Moss, Owens has a pretty solid work ethic even if he is cocky

#1-norm-fan
02-27-2004, 01:20 AM
lol. Didn't Owens lead the league in dropped passes through most of the year?

BTW, there is no way Dallas will get worse next year. Parcells always has a great 2nd year and as untalented as the team was last year when they STILL went 10-6 and they are sure to be atleast a little improved next year. They had the worst running game in the league IMO.

Optik
02-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Yesterday the Dolphins cut Griese, Perry, and Ruddy, however they mentioned to their agent Drew Rosenhaus that they might be resigned in the future. They also reached new deals with Zach Thomas, Tim Bowens, and Olindo Mare. They also re-signed Arturo Freeman and Dario Romero. Too bad that with the resigning of Arturo it pretty much symbolizes the release of either Brock Marion or Sammy Knight, both of which I feel are more skilled than Arturo. Then onto the QB situation, after all the talks of bringing in AJ Feeley from Philly, their is a possibility they might just keep Fielder due to the release of Griese. If Feeley is brought in all the Dolphins QBs combined would have a total of seven starts, pretty sad.

Sensei Of Mattitude
02-27-2004, 10:26 AM
TO staying a 49er right now helps the Eagles and Ravens more than it does hurt them in their attempts to acquire him. Now for my Eagles, they don't have to sign TO to a huge contract with a even bigger *SIGNING BONUS* which would definitely hurt us in our cap space. But now all we have to do is work out a trade for #81. I know we have a lot of young WRs in our camp and a bunch of draft picks coming our way this April. (Eagles get 3 conpensatory picks because we lost 3 FAs last year, plus even more in 2005 because we'll lose Vincent, Taylor, and maybe Duce). Trading for TO is easier than signing TO.

This is a good thing.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-29-2004, 01:26 AM
MIAMI: FEB. 28
Over 150 NFL scouts and coaches were in attendance to watch some of the top prospects in all of college football. Head coaches in attendance include Cincinnati's Marvin Lewis, San Diego's Marty Schottenheimer, New Orleans' Jim Haslett, Atlanta's Jim Mora, Houston's Dom Capers, Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio, the Giants' Tom Coughlin, Arizona's Dennis Green and Washington's Joe Gibbs.

The players performed outdoors on grass. The turf was referred to as "tee box grass," which is similar to the kind of grass in the tee box on a golf course. It was a little windy as well.
Player Position Gil's comments

Vernon Carey OL Carey was 6-4 3/8, 335 pounds, did 30 reps in the strength lift and ran the 40-yard dash for an average of 5.33. His long jump was 7-foot-5, his vertical was 28 inches, he did a 5.0 in the short shuttle and a 8.10 in the three-cone drill.

Sean Taylor S Taylor stood in at 6-2½, weighed 228 pounds (two pounds less than at the combine), and ran three times for a 4.51 average. He added 11 strength reps, a 10-foot-1 long jump, a 35-inch vertical jump, and opted not to run any of the shuttle drills.

Jonathan Vilma LB Vilma was 6-0½, 233 pounds and had a 4.61 second average in the 40. He also put up the 225-pound bar 23 times. He had a 10-foot-1 long jump, a 37-inch vertical, and wowed scouts with his shuttle times of 4.20 in the short shuttle, 11.48 in the long shuttle and 6.67 in the three-cone drill.

Vince Wilfork DT Wilfork was 6-1 1/8, 323 pounds, lifted the bar 36 times and ran for a 5.08 average. He had an 8-foot-5 long jump, a 26½-inch vertical jump, a 4.50 short shuttle and a 7.62 in the three-cone drill.

D.J. Williams LB Williams was 6-0¾, weighed 250 pounds and had an average 40 time of 4.55 seconds. Williams added a 9-foot-9 in the long jump, a 38-inch vertical jump, a time of 4.05 seconds in the short shuttle, 11.40 in the long shuttle and 7.0 flat in the three-cone drill. Due to a pectoral muscle ailment, Williams did not bench.

Kellen Winslow TE Winslow (6-3 7/8, 247 pounds) was actually four pounds less here than at the combine. He lifted the bar 24 times and ran for an average of 4.55 seconds. He added a 10-foot-1 long jump, a 33½-inch vertical jump, a 4.10 in the short shuttle, a 11.35 in the long shuttle, and a 6.71 in the three-cone drill.

Notables RB Jarrett Payton (6-0 1/8, 220 pounds) ran for an average of 4.58 in the 40, added a 31-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-7 long jump. ... WR Kevin Beard (6-0 1/8, 180) ran for an average time of 4.46 seconds. ... OT Carlos Joseph (6-5 7/8, 345) did 29 strength lifts and ran for an average of 5.33 seconds. He added a 8-foot long jump, a 28-inch vertical, a 5.09 in the short shuttle and an 8.26 in the three-cone drill. ... Another Canes linebacker raised some eyebrows when Jarrell Weaver ran a 4.37 average. ... LB Darrell McClover (6-0 3/8, 226) ran for an average of 4.46 seconds. ... RB Jason Geathers (6-2, 203) ran for an average of 4.55 seconds.

----

No source because I copied this off of another messageboard but :eek: at some of those stats

Wilfork put up 225 pounds 36 times :eek:

Optik
02-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Damn now thats a beast...

downsider
03-02-2004, 11:12 AM
TO staying a 49er right now helps the Eagles and Ravens more than it does hurt them in their attempts to acquire him. Now for my Eagles, they don't have to sign TO to a huge contract with a even bigger *SIGNING BONUS* which would definitely hurt us in our cap space. But now all we have to do is work out a trade for #81. I know we have a lot of young WRs in our camp and a bunch of draft picks coming our way this April. (Eagles get 3 conpensatory picks because we lost 3 FAs last year, plus even more in 2005 because we'll lose Vincent, Taylor, and maybe Duce). Trading for TO is easier than signing TO.

This is a good thing.

i hope so

being an Eagle fan, the one place where we need more production is the Wide Recievers. I think that Pinkston would be a good # 2 reciever, but he played like shit this year. Mitchell is a lock at the slot, but the Birds need a #1 wide reciever, and ANY reciever would be an upgrade over James Trash.

We need DE, i think they should sign Grant Wistrom. Kearse has been way to injury prone. DT we just need to get Hollis Thomas to stay healthy for a change, i dont think they need to bring in a big name DT

At CB, i would LOVE to see the birds sign Winfield at corner. yes he is small, but have you seen this guy hit? put him w/ Dawkins and Lewis (the best safety combo in the NFL) and put Lito Sheppard or Sheldon Brown at other corner.

Trade Tra Thomas!

KingofOldSchool
03-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I heard now that the Colts have more cap room that they are gonna make a run at one of the big defensive FA's (Sapp, Kearse, Springs, Taylor, and Vincent).

MoRcHeEbA
03-02-2004, 02:41 PM
colts signed manning today 7 years 99.2 mill :y:
49ers are gonna release garcia today

MTR
03-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Way to go Manning even if I think players are paid too much.

I am waiting for Eli to go first in the draft even though I would like to see him land with a better team or a team that he can turn around.

VonErich Lives
03-02-2004, 05:54 PM
colts signed manning today 7 years 99.2 mill :y:

Yeah, if he has any brains he's going to restructure every year... no way they can keep a good team around him with those numbers on the cap.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Did anyone hear that the Minnesota Vikings are shopping around RANDY MOSS! Now come, if any team was smart enough, they would trade for both TO and MOSS and go on to win the Super Bowl. How does a defense defend that?

BCWWF
03-02-2004, 09:00 PM
It has been confirmed by coaches, owners, and GM's in the paper and tv news that all trade rumors regarding Moss are bullshit.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Eagles:
1) Trade for TO and/or Moss. Both is pushing it but one or the other is critical.
2) Re-Sign Duce Staley. Heart and Soul. (Plus how else would everyone know how many Eagles fans at are an away game *Miami MNF 12/15/03*)
3) Sign Antoine Winfield. No Vincent, No Taylor. We need a younger CB to complement Brown and Sheppard.
4) Resign Carlos Emmons or Marcus Washington (IND). Washington is way younger than Incumbent Emmons but Emmons was the DEF MVP for the Eagles last season.
5) Draft Jonathan Vilma from Miami (FL). Vilma will serve as the understudy for Mark Simoneau as Middle Linebacker and later in the season as a platoon partner at the MLB position, seeing that Simoneau wore down near the end of the season.
6) Draft a new young QB to replace A.J. Feeley

MoRcHeEbA
03-02-2004, 10:03 PM
do you feel the eagles have about 500 million dollars more with cap space to even have moss,owens,mcnabb on the same team?

Yashamaga
03-02-2004, 10:09 PM
the only thing good about Philladelphia is Rocky Balboa

Supreme Olajuwon
03-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Bengals need to resign Rudi and Shayne Graham

then hopefully they go after Kearse and either Vincent or Winfield

AlphaBean
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
First off, saying Moss isn't consistent is living in the past. Owens is less mature than Moss, and he's like three years older than Moss. He constantly creates discord amongst his team-mates, such as saying Rattay should start over Garcia.

Second off, I am quite pissed at the newsguy who originally misquoted Mike Tice, saying that he called Randy Moss a nut. That pissed Moss off, and now someone spreads information that the Vikings are shopping Moss... and you know what that does? It pisses Moss off more, making him think they don't want him. SOMEONE is trying to push Moss' buttons, trying to get him out of Minnesota, and I'm guessing they're a Philly or New England fan. It ain't pretty, and it angers me. Tice is a forceful guy, hopefully he will make Moss see what's happening.

Third off, oh my God, I :heart: Wilfork. Had he declared last year, I would have loved him too. He's a stud.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-03-2004, 03:05 PM
do you feel the eagles have about 500 million dollars more with cap space to even have moss,owens,mcnabb on the same team?

The Eagles dont have $500 Million Dollars.... they have $28 Million and that is a SHIT LOAD MORE THAN 30 OTHER NFL TEAMS. Only the Ravens have more cap space (I think). If the Eagles had to sign Terrell Owens, that would be a problem. But TO f*cked up with is paperwork and screwed himself out of a lot of cash. Now we only have to trade a 2nd or 3rd Round Pick for TO. Who wouldn't do that.

If Moss is available (some reports say he isn't) and the money is right and we able to sign for other positions, who wouldn't take Moss and Owens together.

Its very unlikely that one team will take both. As a Philadelphian, I want at least one.

WR Owens or Moss
WR Pinkston
WR F. Mitchell
WR McMullen, Lewis, Morey etc

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-03-2004, 03:07 PM
the only thing good about Philladelphia is Rocky Balboa

There is nothing good about Boston or New England. I should know, I go to school here. Boston is the worst city.

MoRcHeEbA
03-03-2004, 03:31 PM
rumors got it TO's goin to Baltimore later today for a second round pick.

MoRcHeEbA
03-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Eagles signed kearse for 6 years already today.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
its an 8 year deal for 66 mil

MoRcHeEbA
03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah my bad the tv said six years then changed it to 8 years

VonErich Lives
03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Kearse got over paid...

Ted Washington went to Oakland, that will hurt the Pats.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Noooooo Ted Washington :(

Kearse did get over paid

Chargers released Wiley..he's nasty..wonder who is gonna pick him up?

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
JEVON KEARSE!

JEVON KEARSE!

SUCK ON THAT PLAYA-HATERS!

SUCK ON THAT!

JEVON KEARSE, overpaid or not.... The EAGLES JUST MADE A STATEMENT. WE ARE HERE TO WIN!.

Next: TO!

JEVON KEARSE!

The Outlaw
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
I havent read this thread, but :eek: @ Manning's contract.

7 yr/98 million, 34.5 million signing bonus, and 19 million in roster bonuses.

Seriously.

What. The. Fuccck.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Eagles will still lose in the Championship game unless they pick up a WR

They lost 2 years with Hugh Douglas..why not with Krease? haha

-----

I was just checking out ESPN Insider, and in the latest Mock Draft Mel Kiper has Steven Jackson going to the Patriots :love: :love: :love:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2004, 07:03 PM
lol because making the NFC Championship game doesnt mean you're here to win

theyve been there to win 3 years in a row they just havent

The Outlaw
03-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Well if they keep Owens its not as if he's going to just refuse to play. Unlike Moss, Owens has a pretty solid work ethic even if he is cocky

What.

Moss has noticeably gotten a lot better this past year. He's still cocky but he busted his ass and was less of a dick.

Also, Stima, lifted 225 pounds 36 times, you mean he benched it 36 times right?

VonErich Lives
03-03-2004, 07:15 PM
JEVON KEARSE!

JEVON KEARSE!

SUCK ON THAT PLAYA-HATERS!

SUCK ON THAT!

JEVON KEARSE, overpaid or not.... The EAGLES JUST MADE A STATEMENT. WE ARE HERE TO WIN!.

Next: TO!

JEVON KEARSE!

LMFAO... you really have no clue. (no offense) But you gotta step back and not look at this as an eagles fan, but look at the move and the team and the results.

Kearse has been over-rated since being a rookie.

They spent way too much money on him, which means they wont have money to spend on other needs, such as WR, RB, Resigning there DB's.

Washington hurts the Pats, but no way a 35yr old coming off 2 seasons of brokens legs is worth that money.

I'm not saying Kearse is washed up or wont help Philly, but that cap number will hurt other needs, bigger needs.

The big rumors are Miami... Woody, Moss & Garcia... I don't think Garcia happens because of the deal for Feely, and I'm not sure if they have the cap room for Woody and Moss... But Moss and Chambers would take a lot of pressure off Williams.

VonErich Lives
03-03-2004, 07:16 PM
What.

Moss has noticeably gotten a lot better this past year. He's still cocky but he busted his ass and was less of a dick.

Also, Stima, lifted 225 pounds 36 times, you mean he benched it 36 times right?

I thought they were doing Military presses as the combine... I could be wrong.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Skins got Springs

BCWWF
03-03-2004, 07:34 PM
First of all, if the 49ers don't resign Jeff Garcia, TO ****ed up and is still under contract there. So the Eagles would have to throw out a pretty damn good trade to get him away.

Second of all, there are no rumors whatsoever of Moss and TO being anywhere alike. The ONLY legitimate rumor about Moss at all, although it is pretty illegitimate if you ask me, is Moss to the Dolphins for a bunch of defensive guys. Tice says its obsurd, all of the local media agree, and so do I. There is no reason why the Vikings, who have plenty of room under the cap, would trade their best player, team leader, and fan favorite for a cornerback and a pash rusher. Say what you will, but Moss will be a Viking for life.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Nah pretty sure it was Bench

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Skins got SpringsSolid replacement for Champ

DaveWadding
03-03-2004, 10:55 PM
First of all, if the 49ers don't resign Jeff Garcia, TO ****ed up and is still under contract there. So the Eagles would have to throw out a pretty damn good trade to get him away.

Second of all, there are no rumors whatsoever of Moss and TO being anywhere alike. The ONLY legitimate rumor about Moss at all, although it is pretty illegitimate if you ask me, is Moss to the Dolphins for a bunch of defensive guys. Tice says its obsurd, all of the local media agree, and so do I. There is no reason why the Vikings, who have plenty of room under the cap, would trade their best player, team leader, and fan favorite for a cornerback and a pash rusher. Say what you will, but Moss will be a Viking for life.

:lol: You and Sensei of Mattitude are so damn fun to laugh at...

BCWWF
03-03-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm glad I can add some meaning to your life

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Solid replacement for Champ
Over priced tho

AlphaBean
03-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Listen. Someone is spreading rumors trying to make Moss unhappy in Minnesota and it won't work. Tice may not be the best coach, but he's the most brutally honest guy in the league. If Moss listens to all the media shitheads, then he really is the most immature guy in the league.

But basically, the Vikings want Moss, and Moss wants to stay here, I think, since he loves Tice and Pep. The problem lies in the media's rumors.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-04-2004, 12:42 AM
We don't have a need at RB. We have BRIAN WESTBROOK the 2nd Coming of Marshall Faulk and a nice complement in Buckhalter.

Plus ESPN.com's Insider has a link with the tag line of something along the lines of "Eagles could be close to trading for TO"

I really could care less what you guys think. All we need is a Vet CB, either Carlos Emmons or Marcus Washington for SLB, and TO.

PLUS!!!!!!!! Haven't any of you realized by now that the EAGLES are SMART about handling their cap. They wouldn't blow their entire load on one guy thats not their style. Idiots, you think you guys know everything.

Kearse is overrated? We'll see, won't we.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-04-2004, 12:50 AM
They spent way too much money on him, which means they wont have money to spend on other needs, such as WR, RB, Resigning there DB's.

Needs:

WR: Trading for TO

RB: Signing a Dorsey Levens/Kevin Faulk/Stacey Mack type player (how much will that cost?) or drafting a new 3rd RB. Or hell, using Reno Mahe as our 3rd RB.

Signing our DBs: We're not signing our DBs. Vincent is too old, Taylor isn't the same plus he burned his bridges. I heard we were going to go for Shawn Springs but that won't happen (signed with WAS), maybe Antoine Winfield? Ahmed Plummer? A veteran.

A GUESS WHAT? WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT. UNLIKE 30 OTHER NFL TEAMS.

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2004, 03:07 AM
We don't have a need at RB. We have BRIAN WESTBROOK the 2nd Coming of Marshall Faulk

LMAO! I've exxagerated players before but MY GOD!

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2004, 03:13 AM
BTW, Thomas Jones went to Chiacago. He played the last few games for Tampa last year and looked damn good. I was excited when I heard Dallas wanted him and of course just like with Brunell and a few other guys, I end up disappointed.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-04-2004, 12:27 PM
LMAO! I've exxagerated players before but MY GOD!

You really don't understand just HOW GOOD Brian Westbrook is.

VonErich Lives
03-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Needs:

WR: Trading for TO

RB: Signing a Dorsey Levens/Kevin Faulk/Stacey Mack type player (how much will that cost?) or drafting a new 3rd RB. Or hell, using Reno Mahe as our 3rd RB.

Signing our DBs: We're not signing our DBs. Vincent is too old, Taylor isn't the same plus he burned his bridges. I heard we were going to go for Shawn Springs but that won't happen (signed with WAS), maybe Antoine Winfield? Ahmed Plummer? A veteran.

A GUESS WHAT? WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT. UNLIKE 30 OTHER NFL TEAMS.

First, Brain Westbrook is nothing more then a fillin or 3rd down back. He's not an everygame 20-30carrier back.

So, there's still a RB need.

Your not signing your DB, so you need 2 DB's.

TO, Trade... first, now thats Garcia is gone he will probably stay, he said all along if Garcia was gone he would be interested in staying, if he is delt it wont be cheap and it's going to eat your cap.

"You have the money" Really? So, when did the Eagles get the magicaly Salary Cap that allows them to sign whoever they want for any price?

I'm not saying there a bad team, there a good team, but that have holes, and signing Kearse wasn't the move they needed and he hasn't done anything since his rookie year. Maybe he will be the comeback player of the year, but thats a big gamble to take on that much money.

The Outlaw
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Nah pretty sure it was Bench

That's pretty solid.

I could only do 225 like 11 times on a good day. :(

AlphaBean
03-04-2004, 03:06 PM
We don't have a need at RB. We have BRIAN WESTBROOK the 2nd Coming of Marshall Faulk and a nice complement in Buckhalter.

Plus ESPN.com's Insider has a link with the tag line of something along the lines of "Eagles could be close to trading for TO"

I really could care less what you guys think. All we need is a Vet CB, either Carlos Emmons or Marcus Washington for SLB, and TO.

PLUS!!!!!!!! Haven't any of you realized by now that the EAGLES are SMART about handling their cap. They wouldn't blow their entire load on one guy thats not their style. Idiots, you think you guys know everything.

Kearse is overrated? We'll see, won't we.

The Eagles are desperate now. I'm sure they will oversign for whomever they think will help them, and then will self-destruct when they do worse next year than this year (y'see, because of Parity).

VonErich Lives
03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
TO just got delt to Baltimore.

So much for your eagles plan.

AlphaBean
03-04-2004, 03:33 PM
I want to love Baltimore, and I have more reason to now, but like...

I mean come on. They screwed the Vikings. :grumpy:

The Outlaw
03-04-2004, 03:37 PM
http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?newsid=1722

49ers Trade Terrell Owens Back to Homepage
Thursday, March 04, 2004

The 49ers have just completed a trade with the Baltimore Ravens that will send wide receiver Terrell Owens to the Ravens in exchange for their second round (51st overall) selection in the upcoming draft.

The addition of the second round pick gives San Francisco three selections in the first 51 picks of the draft -- the highest count in the NFL at this time.

The 49ers have also agreed to terms with defensive end John Engelberger on a three-year contract and with long snapper Brian Jennings on a six-year deal.

49ers.Com will bring you more info soon, including comments from general manager Terry Donahue.

LOL Second rounder

AlphaBean
03-04-2004, 04:08 PM
He was going to leave as a Free Agent.

This is a little better, no?

With the depth at Receiver, the Niners could get a replacement for him.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Eagles will find someone else. Maybe Joey Galloway after he gets cut from Dallas or someone else. The Eagles know what they're doing.

MoRcHeEbA
03-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Galloway is getting traded to the bucs you fool

road doggy dogg
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
OMG I just heard about TO. LOL is all I can say.

The Icon of Elisim
03-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Looks like Phili has missed the boat with getting a star reciever, which is good IMO. They don't need someone like TO to take the focus away from the team. They should go after guys who fit into the team first attitude. I think Justin McCairens would fit very well into Philli

Crimson
03-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Eagles can just draft a WR in the draft, they didn't need Owens THAT much. Rashaun Woods would be better than Pinkston right away.

LOL @ Westbrook the second coming of Marshall Faulk.

And good move on Baltimore, they got what they always lacked recently, even though their first pick will be like the 84th they didn't give up anything .

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-05-2004, 12:27 AM
WOW TO in Balitmore :eek:

This years draft is stacked with WRs so the Eagles should be able to pick up a good WR in the draft

The Outlaw
03-05-2004, 12:42 AM
He was going to leave as a Free Agent.

This is a little better, no?

With the depth at Receiver, the Niners could get a replacement for him.

COuld have got a little better for the talent he is, thats all Im saying.

#1-norm-fan
03-05-2004, 01:19 AM
You really don't understand just HOW GOOD Brian Westbrook is.

He's about as good as VEL said.

Anyways, I'm mad about TO going to Baltimore. Baltimore was about my 3rd fave team but I HATE TO. Now I just don't know what to think.

AlphaBean
03-05-2004, 01:44 AM
COuld have got a little better for the talent he is, thats all Im saying.

Not when everyone knows TO wants out. It's a whole different ballgame when someone doesn't want to play for you, or you want to cut them anyway.

Tebucky Jones, Kyle Turley last year were traded for low picks... it just happens...

Though seriously, 2nd-rounder, yeah, I'd give up a first rounder for a top-3 WR with 3 years left on his contract!

VonErich Lives
03-05-2004, 08:43 AM

Actually, Cheebs, unless there was a recent change he isn't.

He wouldn't take a pay cut to go to the Bucs, the last "rumor" is Keyshon to the CBoys for a pick (4th round).

Which probably means Galloway gets cut, I'm not sure how his cap numbers would be if he was released.

VonErich Lives
03-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Not when everyone knows TO wants out. It's a whole different ballgame when someone doesn't want to play for you, or you want to cut them anyway.

Tebucky Jones, Kyle Turley last year were traded for low picks... it just happens...

Though seriously, 2nd-rounder, yeah, I'd give up a first rounder for a top-3 WR with 3 years left on his contract!

Yeah but why do that when you can give a 2nd? Plus, I think he can void that contract after this year (which he could have done this year, but his agent missed the deadline).

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-05-2004, 10:28 AM

Yeah I'M THE FOOL CONSIDERING GALLOWAY WOn"T RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT, SO THE BUCS ARE GETTING A DRAFT PICK FOR KEYSHAWN.... NOT GALLOWAY. YOU F*CKING IDIOT. PAY SOME F*CKING ATTENTION.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Looks like Phili has missed the boat with getting a star reciever, which is good IMO. They don't need someone like TO to take the focus away from the team. They should go after guys who fit into the team first attitude. I think Justin McCairens would fit very well into Philli

McCariens is a Restricted Free Agent and would cost the Eagles their 1st and 2nd Round Pick. McCariens isn't worth a 1 and a 2.

My vote is for Galloway.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-05-2004, 05:42 PM
CALM DOWN SPAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Eagles are never going to win the Superbowl..shut up

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-05-2004, 06:15 PM
They are a JV version of the Bills from the 90's hahaha

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-05-2004, 07:45 PM
hey sTiMa34....

at least I have a life and don't spend all my time on TPWW.net's Forums. I have close to 100 posts, while since this page has been up only a few weeks you have over 16,600 posts. It seems that you are a complete dork and fag with no life, no "real" friends and no action from any girl on the face of the Earth. You opinion has no validity to me whatsoever.

Crimson
03-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Sensei you cocksucker,shut your mouth. Eagles suck dick, and they aren't goin anywhere next year, get over it.

MoRcHeEbA
03-05-2004, 11:26 PM
know whats funny, the eagles never winning the NFC championship in the last 3 years :lol:

BCWWF
03-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Sensai, that was just stupid. Stima is the man and from my perspective is one of the people here who are actually going out and enjoying life. Just because the Philly's sign a bunch of duds and the Eagles can't win a NFC Finals, don't take it out on Stima.

DaveWadding
03-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Sensai, that was just stupid. Stima is the man and from my perspective is one of the people here who are actually going out and enjoying life. Just because the Philly's sign a bunch of duds and the Eagles can't win a NFC Finals, don't take it out on Stima.

Heed your own words. Just because the Viqueens can't seal the deal against the CARDINALS doesn't mean you should cry, like you did.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-06-2004, 01:09 AM
hey sTiMa34....

at least I have a life and don't spend all my time on TPWW.net's Forums. I have close to 100 posts, while since this page has been up only a few weeks you have over 16,600 posts. It seems that you are a complete dork and fag with no life, no "real" friends and no action from any girl on the face of the Earth. You opinion has no validity to me whatsoever.
not really sure where this came from hahaha dont be all pissed at me because the Eagles cant win "the big 1"

also those were some pretty good insults...im a geek fag with no "real" (why is real in " " by the way?) friends...sweet

Also this page has been up for a lot longer then a few weeks you dumb shit....ive been posting hurr for like 3 years

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Heed your own words. Just because the Viqueens can't seal the deal against the CARDINALS doesn't mean you should cry, like you did.I dunno what you are talkin about BCWWF is a good shit, maybe a lil too biased to Minnesota teams sometimes haha but who currs its not like hes Yashamaga or somethin haha

DaveWadding
03-06-2004, 01:12 AM
True...but he's an easy target.

#1-norm-fan
03-07-2004, 05:49 AM
lol. I wonder if ALL Eagles fans went insane after the championship game.

VonErich Lives
03-07-2004, 06:19 AM
True...but he's an easy target.

<s>Like your.... </s> ok back to the subject...

Last mock draft I saw shows the Pats staying put and getting a RB and Center.

I've also heard rumors of a trade up.

The Lions have been pretty active... and the mocks I've seen have them going RB... they got a good Center and could add a good RB... things could be looking up in Detriot.

BCWWF
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Just for the record, I don't remember crying. I just thought the Vikings were lame and started cheering for the Ravens.

The Icon of Elisim
03-07-2004, 06:18 PM
McCariens is a Restricted Free Agent and would cost the Eagles their 1st and 2nd Round Pick. McCariens isn't worth a 1 and a 2.

My vote is for Galloway.

Thats odd considering that he went to the Jets for just a second roung pick.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-07-2004, 09:01 PM
I really hope the Patriots draft Steven Jackson

if they get Chris Perry I am gonna be pissed..I don't think he is going to be a very succesful NFL running back

#1-norm-fan
03-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Perry > Jackson. I don't think both will be available come the Pat's turn so the decision will probably be made by whoever is still there.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-08-2004, 03:10 PM
rumors are that Troy Vincent is coming to Da NATI cause he played for DC Leslie Frazier when he was in Philly

not very cap friendly but hey its all good

AlphaBean
03-08-2004, 06:10 PM
rumors are that Troy Vincent is coming to Da NATI cause he played for DC Leslie Frazier when he was in Philly

not very cap friendly but hey its all good

Da NATI? :confused:

Anyway, WINFIELD! Wooo! God I hope he continues to overachieve...

Rain Man
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Terrell Owens = Newest Philadelphia Eagle
NOW I CAN DIG THAT... SUCKA!!!!!!
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES

Rain Man
03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
lol. I wonder if ALL Eagles fans went insane after the championship game.
As a Eagles fan after seeing The Carolina Panthers, and JAKE DELHOMME for god sakes beat the Eagles. Lets just say I had a few plants to get that off my mind... CAN YOU DIG THAT :naughty:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Da NATI? :confused:

Anyway, WINFIELD! Wooo! God I hope he continues to overachieve...
CincinNATI

hip hop slang son

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-08-2004, 07:20 PM
DONT MATTER

PATRIOTS ARE NASTY

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-08-2004, 07:21 PM
haha

Supreme Olajuwon
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Duce Staley signed with Pittsburgh

hahahahahaha

The Icon of Elisim
03-09-2004, 11:46 PM
What a steal, he's the second coming of Emmit Smith

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2004, 12:51 AM
I sure hope Dallas can get Kevin Faulk. That man is the second coming of Earl Campbell I say!!!

Supreme Olajuwon
03-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Faulk already re-signed with the Pats

KingofOldSchool
03-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Holy crap the Bears should get James Stewart, second coming of Walter Payton I tell ya that kid has talent!

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2004, 04:02 AM
Faulk already re-signed with the Pats

Yeah. I couldn't think of any other available average RBs to exxagerate.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2004, 04:03 AM
It's not like Dallas needs Faulk anyway. Why with Quincy Carter at QB A.K.A. The next Joe Montana.

AlphaBean
03-10-2004, 10:45 AM
CincinNATI

hip hop slang son

I know hiphop slang, I don't know Cincinnati :p

Anyway... Marcus Robinson is a Viking! He was my 2nd favorite WR three years ago as a Bear... and now he's here! :wiggle:!

Plus, Vikes picked up Steve Martin... he's one wild and crazy guy!

Meh, after TO and the Portis/Bailey trade... the FA period's kinda boring. Bring on the draft!

VonErich Lives
03-10-2004, 12:35 PM
I know hiphop slang, I don't know Cincinnati :p

Anyway... Marcus Robinson is a Viking! He was my 2nd favorite WR three years ago as a Bear... and now he's here! :wiggle:!

If he stays healthy, that could be a huge pickup, would give moss a legitimate #2 guy to take pressure of which he hasn't had since Chris Carter left/retired.

Robinson before his injury problems was a top 5 wr...

AlphaBean
03-10-2004, 05:04 PM
With Randy taking up the double teams, and teams having to stay honest with the run, if Robinson doesn't get 1k yards receiving, then there needs to be a coaching change.

PS: I want to get a Robinson jersey... 4 years? Aw yeah!

PPS: Panthers lose Donnally and James, but they pick up Adam Meadows... upgrade, I think. If they pick up Ruben Brown (doubt it, but it'd be awesome), they'll be an even more major force.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Duce Staley signed with Pittsburgh

hahahahahahaLOL

2 Average running backs

Trying to use the Patriots script :mad:

VonErich Lives
03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
With Randy taking up the double teams, and teams having to stay honest with the run, if Robinson doesn't get 1k yards receiving, then there needs to be a coaching change.

PS: I want to get a Robinson jersey... 4 years? Aw yeah!

PPS: Panthers lose Donnally and James, but they pick up Adam Meadows... upgrade, I think. If they pick up Ruben Brown (doubt it, but it'd be awesome), they'll be an even more major force.

Do you really feel the Vikes running game can make defense play honest?

I teams playing less in the box, doubleing up on both wide-outs and letting the Vikes run.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Ontario Smith

He will run for the Vikings...Didn't he tear it up the last few games of the season when he got a chance to run? Or am I getting mixed up

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Personally I think the Vikings biggest problem last year was that they didnt want it enough

I think the Randy Moss "I'll play when I wanna" shit is rubbing off on the whole team

The Icon of Elisim
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I think Bennet will start for Minnesota

The Icon of Elisim
03-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Trade rumors right now are Dillon Oakland or Denver.

Where did Denver all of a sudden get all this cash. A few weeks ago they couldn't give Portis a raise then they go spend all that cash on Bailey and now they are going after Dillon

The Outlaw
03-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I thought Moss was stepping it up this past year personally.

Hoping he makes as big of an improvement in attitude this offseason that he did last year.

AlphaBean
03-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Do you really feel the Vikes running game can make defense play honest?

I teams playing less in the box, doubleing up on both wide-outs and letting the Vikes run.

They had the best Rushing offense when Bennett was healthy, then they were 6-0 when Bennett was out, because of MOE. Onterrio came in and tore it up at the end, but that was because MOE and Bennett were injured, and the other WRs were sucking, hence the Robinson signing.

So where do you get this whole "Vikings running game can't keep defenses honest" bs? You can't ignore Bennett. If you don't stop him at the line of scrimmage, he will burn you for 15 yards. And if you let him catch a screen pass, you're ****ed.

And if you stack the outside and try to get Bennett to rush to the inside, put Moe in a two-back set, or set Kleinsasser in motion and let him pound it out. It's real simple video game logic. The problem is, the Vikings coaching staff ****ed it all up.

Don't say it was Moss. Moss said what he said what, three years ago? When Cris Carter was here. Moss matured so much over the last two seasons, he lets his play speak for himself. Notice he doesn't say anything anymore, and when he talks he dropped his heavy southern drawl? I mean shit, he doesn't even get fined anymore. :wave: TO, Horn, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn. Everyone keeps using Moss' past against him when you all know he's risen above it while the other WRs have not.

Moss had Plantar Fasciatus(sp) at the end of the year as well, and that has ended people's careers before. Well, like one dude, and he was really fat, but you know what I mean... if you're not at 100% and you're double-teamed, you can't play like the best in the league.

But excuses aside, the Vikings had the talent to get the job done against the Bears, Chargers, Giants, Raiders, Cardinals. Seriously, dude. Tice blamed his players for every loss and that pisses me off. Don't blame your players. If they're old, or injured or whatever, then you have to react. It's not their fault. It's your fault for not adapting, as a coach.

Look at Belicheck. He didn't get mad at his players for getting injured. He replaced them and won. Stupid Mike Tice :mad: He better be less gay this year. Hard-nosed, gritty coaching can only get you so far.

AlphaBean
03-11-2004, 04:11 PM
I thought Moss was stepping it up this past year personally.

Hoping he makes as big of an improvement in attitude this offseason that he did last year.

Honestly, do you recall him doing/saying anything last year? I mean there was one time where he questioned Pep's leadership, but he didn't make a stink about it, he just kept playing and I believe they won the next game.

Mike Tice was the bigger asshole last season. And this year, I hope Moss doesn't let the media shitstorm get to him. You know he's not perfect, so when someone in the press is trying to manipulate him, it won't be too hard. :fu:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-11-2004, 05:10 PM
The play where the DB from the Bears ripping it out of Moss's hand is fresh in my mind though

#1-norm-fan
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Ty Streets is a Lion. This was news to me when I read it on nfl.com last night. Not looking good for San Francisco. lol.

Good for Detroit though. Streets is a nice compliment to Rodgers.

VonErich Lives
03-11-2004, 05:40 PM
They had the best Rushing offense when Bennett was healthy, then they were 6-0 when Bennett was out, because of MOE. Onterrio came in and tore it up at the end, but that was because MOE and Bennett were injured, and the other WRs were sucking, hence the Robinson signing.

So where do you get this whole "Vikings running game can't keep defenses honest" bs? You can't ignore Bennett. If you don't stop him at the line of scrimmage, he will burn you for 15 yards. And if you let him catch a screen pass, you're ****ed.

And if you stack the outside and try to get Bennett to rush to the inside, put Moe in a two-back set, or set Kleinsasser in motion and let him pound it out. It's real simple video game logic. The problem is, the Vikings coaching staff ****ed it all up.

Don't say it was Moss. Moss said what he said what, three years ago? When Cris Carter was here. Moss matured so much over the last two seasons, he lets his play speak for himself. Notice he doesn't say anything anymore, and when he talks he dropped his heavy southern drawl? I mean shit, he doesn't even get fined anymore. :wave: TO, Horn, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn. Everyone keeps using Moss' past against him when you all know he's risen above it while the other WRs have not.

Moss had Plantar Fasciatus(sp) at the end of the year as well, and that has ended people's careers before. Well, like one dude, and he was really fat, but you know what I mean... if you're not at 100% and you're double-teamed, you can't play like the best in the league.

But excuses aside, the Vikings had the talent to get the job done against the Bears, Chargers, Giants, Raiders, Cardinals. Seriously, dude. Tice blamed his players for every loss and that pisses me off. Don't blame your players. If they're old, or injured or whatever, then you have to react. It's not their fault. It's your fault for not adapting, as a coach.

Look at Belicheck. He didn't get mad at his players for getting injured. He replaced them and won. Stupid Mike Tice :mad: He better be less gay this year. Hard-nosed, gritty coaching can only get you so far.

Long story short, no, I'm not overly impressed with the Vikes running game. But, I could get proved wrong. I do think the running game is going to have to prove itself, I think teams will double the wide-outs and let the Vikes run the ball, hurt us short but not deep.

Let's not forget, the pats won a superbowl on a bend/don't break defense. (2001).

CNM
03-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Trade rumors right now are Dillon Oakland or Denver.

Where did Denver all of a sudden get all this cash. A few weeks ago they couldn't give Portis a raise then they go spend all that cash on Bailey and now they are going after Dillon

Umm, it wasn't a matter of not being able to give Clinton a raise. Clinton came to Mike Shanahan and flat out told him either make me the highest paid running back in football or I'll consider holding out. The Broncos told him they'd give him a raise if he'd add more years to his contract. He and his agent said no, and that was the end of it.

The Icon of Elisim
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
That explains that, but they were still 4.5 million over to start the offseason (according to the Sporting News). Have they cut a big contract that I didn't catch?

CNM
03-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Ed McCaffrey retired, Ephraim Salaam was cut, and a bunch of guys restructured their contracts. Never pay attention to what a team's cap figure is at the beginning of the offseason. Most of the time a lot of money can be cut off of it pretty easily.

The Outlaw
03-12-2004, 12:56 AM
I dunno Moss has improved his attitude and his game in my eyes.

AlphaBean
03-12-2004, 11:43 AM
The play where the DB from the Bears ripping it out of Moss's hand is fresh in my mind though

Thank God I was at my University Graduation during that game. My brother was listening to it on a headset, and flipped out on me :(

AlphaBean
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Ed McCaffrey retired, Ephraim Salaam was cut, and a bunch of guys restructured their contracts. Never pay attention to what a team's cap figure is at the beginning of the offseason. Most of the time a lot of money can be cut off of it pretty easily.

You gotta pay for retirees and cut players. In fact, the cap hit for Salaam will increase, as they pay all of it this year, since it was PRE-June 1st, if I recall correctly.

And VEL, good. with Bennett healthy, our running game will continue to get 7ypc, with Bennett getting between 5 and 6 ypc, as he did the year before he was injured, and he was doing when he returned from injury.

VonErich Lives
03-12-2004, 12:02 PM
You gotta pay for retirees and cut players. In fact, the cap hit for Salaam will increase, as they pay all of it this year, since it was PRE-June 1st, if I recall correctly.

And VEL, good. with Bennett healthy, our running game will continue to get 7ypc, with Bennett getting between 5 and 6 ypc, as he did the year before he was injured, and he was doing when he returned from injury.

I could be off, but you don't pay retirees or cut players.

The only effect is...

Say Eddie had a 4yr contract with a 10mil signing bonues. The bonues is paid up front but the amount is split over 4 years so it's a cap hit of 2.5mil/yr.

Say after year #2 he retires (assuming the contract wasn't gaurenteed, which NFL contracts aren't) the Broncos would take a cap hit of 5mil on year #3, even though he doesn't play. But then in year #4, there is no cap figure.

AlphaBean
03-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Makes sense on the retired guy front, but here is where the information about a player who is cut comes from...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1743706

Salary cap hits: The 2004 pro-rated part of a signing bonus is always going to count in that year's cap. But, because every dollar counts in the salary cap, teams must add the remainder of a signing bonus if they cut or trade a player. They do this in two ways. If a player is cut before June 1, the cap hit is this year. Take that $4 million signing bonus example. If that player is cut before June 1, the $1 million portion counts this year but the remaining $3 million must also count this season. Thus, that $5 million contract must all count in 2004. But if the player is released after June 1, the team can delay taking the cap hit until next year, 2005. That's why $1 million will be on the books this year, but $3 million goes against the 2005 cap.

Therefore, Salaam will be off the books next year, but not this year.

I'm still looking into retirement... I just know that retired VIkings players continued to get paid and that sucked.

VonErich Lives
03-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Makes sense on the retired guy front, but here is where the information about a player who is cut comes from...

Therefore, Salaam will be off the books next year, but not this year.

I'm still looking into retirement... I just know that retired VIkings players continued to get paid and that sucked.

That'd be interesting, only thing I could think of is deffered money which I thought only baseball did.

AlphaBean
03-16-2004, 02:20 AM
Boston is a Fish... does that mean they'll finally win?

He's a cancer, so my guess is no -- he'll only hurt an already weak team. But then, AJ Feeley played okay on the Eagles who had a similar team to the 'fins... except without Ricky Williams. So I guess it hinges on Boston's impact.

As for Philly, they're still trying to get TO? Imagine they give up a 1ster for him. That'd be pretty funny right there.

And then they get like one good year out of TO or so before he retires... imagine the irony of being burned by the first player over 30 you want to keep. Like Karma for letting so many players go.

But like, imagine the niners or the Ravens (whoever gets the pick for him) draft the next Bolden, and the Eagles fans will be whining about getting Owens, when they've been whining TO get Owens all along.

God, lots of whining going on in the NFL this year. None coming from the Vikings fans, at least. :wave:

TheJShow
03-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Troy Vincent is a good pickup for the Bills.... I like the Dolphins with Boston and Chambers as receivers though.

Excellance of Execution
03-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Troy Vincent is a good pickup for the Bills.... I like the Dolphins with Boston and Chambers as receivers though.
Yeah, I think Troy is a good pickup for the Bills too. Although i liked Antoine Winfield, he lacked in size to guard the bigger receivers. He was/is a good tackler, but do to his size he never got a lot of big interceptions or big plays. Antoine was/is an excellant tackler and hard hitter, but i think with Vincent you get both of those, plus the big play factor. I think Vincent fits in well with the Bills. Now i hope they sign Volek for their QB of the future and draft one of the big time receivers, even if it means trading up. I'd love to see them get Mike Williams, Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams. IMO that's what they were missing last year, a good receiver opposite of Moulds. They were unable to spread the field after they let Peerless Price go. Anyways, GO BUFFALO!!!

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Bledsoe will still get sacked like 3 times a game

Excellance of Execution
03-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Bledsoe will still get sacked like 3 times a game
Yeah, well that all points back to the lack of another WR thing. When teams double you best receiver (Moulds) and you have NOBODY to throw too, you end up spending way to much time looking for someone to throw too, and an offensive line can only hold off the rush for so long. Also, one of their better Offensive lineman, Mike Williams was hurt, so getting him back and perhaps drafting an impact receiver will change the fact he got sacked so much drastically. Spreading the field opens up your offense so much and IMO that was their biggest weakness last year. They have one of the best defenses in the league and with a pretty good offense they can be a big threat next year.

The Icon of Elisim
03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Its not just the line, a qb like Bledsoe is just a sack waiting to happen

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Yea I had to struggle threw the "Bledsoe Sacks" (you know..where he gets 'sacked' but he really doenst go down) for years...You think getting stuff like that will help, well it will but not for long.

AlphaBean
03-17-2004, 03:46 AM
If you can't get rid of the ball quickly, you need to change your gameplan.

NFL coaches are so stupid these days... like Mike Tice got shredded an entire game with the screen pass. He never once adjusted. And also, against the Rams, Leonard Little lined up so far outside of the Tackle that there was no chance to stop him. Did he put a TE over there, or a FB in the backfield to stop him? No. He just allowed the sacks and complained that the Line didn't do its job.

And Minnesota just released their #2 receiver behind Moss last year, so MN knows how to pass to a WR without a second option. If the Pats and Eagles can make it that far with no valid receiving threat, the Bills had no excuse to miss the playoffs. No #2? :nono:

MoRcHeEbA
03-19-2004, 09:04 PM
looks like sapp is goin to the bengals, suppose it could be a good thing if he plays like he used to.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Sapp is a clown

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Its the Raiders who are the clowns. Haven't they learned anything by signing all of these older Free Agents. 2 New DTs, Ted Washington, 35 and Warren Sapp, 31. They're real problem is on offense. What a joke of a team.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Ted Washington is huge and frees up LBs and shit

I dont like Sapp but having Washington and Sapp up front is kinda :eek: due to the size

Crimson
03-20-2004, 08:24 PM
It's Al Davis who's stuck in his own little world. With the age on that team they should be thinking youth and rebuild. But no, at least they can look forward to top 5 picks for the next 3-4 years.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2004, 12:31 AM
I dunno..Getting both Sapp and Washington...I just dunno...I am kinda thinkin this was a good move...talk about them possibly playing the old Bears defense (46) :eek:

Crimson
03-21-2004, 01:40 AM
Ok so their defense is looking pretty good. They have run stoppers up the middle and a shutdown corner. They have similiar needs like the Cowboys , QB and RB. Oh and another WR. All their games next year will probably avarage around 25 points between both teams.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2004, 02:16 AM
yea Woodson is naaaaasty

Rich Gannon needs to hang em up...I cant believe they actaully used Rick Meyer or wahtever towards the end of the season LOL

AlphaBean
03-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Hahaha. I don't get it. Someone explain to me why you would sign with the Raiders?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2004, 03:01 AM
They did make it to the Superbowl 2 season ago...but last year was horrible so I dunno lol

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2004, 03:02 AM
Raiders are probably going to get Fitzgerald in the draft..he's naaaasty

Still gotta do something about Gannon..maybe they will draft a QB instead of a WR?

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Hahaha. I don't get it. Someone explain to me why you would sign with the Raiders?

MONEY, jackass. Sapp has already won a World Title, now he wants to cash in his chips and get as much money as he can (which he did).

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2004, 11:39 AM
I just saw a thing on TO...and he brought up how the stuff everyone critising him for really isn't that bad...its not like he got caught DUI or he hit his wife or some shit. I dunno we got Jason "I beat my wife" Kidd all about reppin all this shit nowadays and everybody is flipping out about TO like he is satan yet everyone loves on Jason Kidd. And nobody ever makes a big deal about players getting DUI's but do a funny dance in the end zone? OH MY GOD You are a horrible person

AlphaBean
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
They did make it to the Superbowl 2 season ago...but last year was horrible so I dunno lol

They made the superbowl but were destroyed because they didn't have Gruden.

This year, they still don't have Gruden, and they have lost most of their players.

"Money, jackass." So they gave him the most? Hahahahahahahaha doubt it. I bet the Redskins would have paid him 100 million for 5 years with a 50 million dollar signing bonus, plus a seat in Congress when he retires.

Also, hahaha good ups on TO. I've never hated on anyone who does that shit in a game. I got so pissed that OUR coach at the time, Denny Green, is pretty much responsible for banning all such behavior. :nono:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Corey Dillon's gonna get mugged sometime within the next two weeks

just watch

also the Bengals new logo sucks balls. Its like the most simplistic thing ever

The Outlaw
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I just saw a thing on TO...and he brought up how the stuff everyone critising him for really isn't that bad...its not like he got caught DUI or he hit his wife or some shit. I dunno we got Jason "I beat my wife" Kidd all about reppin all this shit nowadays and everybody is flipping out about TO like he is satan yet everyone loves on Jason Kidd. And nobody ever makes a big deal about players getting DUI's but do a funny dance in the end zone? OH MY GOD You are a horrible person

I think a lot of people are complaining about him trashing his teamates and whatnot, not his little dances.

Not sure though.

FearedSanctity
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
I don't think they were as big on the team trashing as they were on the celebrations

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-24-2004, 11:21 PM
"Money, jackass." So they gave him the most? Hahahahahahahaha doubt it. I bet the Redskins would have paid him 100 million for 5 years with a 50 million dollar signing bonus, plus a seat in Congress when he retires.

Last time I checked, the Redskins weren't going after Sapp....... JACKASS

The Outlaw
03-25-2004, 02:55 AM
I don't think they were as big on the team trashing as they were on the celebrations

Well, my main dig with him is him trashing his team rather than his little dances.

Although the one in Dallas = :n:

AlphaBean
03-25-2004, 01:16 PM

Somebody missed the point.

Don't worry, another one will be coming through the station in two weeks. Be sure to catch that one.

#1-norm-fan
03-26-2004, 06:47 AM

:roll:

AlphaBean
03-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Well, my main dig with him is him trashing his team rather than his little dances.

Although the one in Dallas = :n:

Come now, spiking the ball on the star is ****ING PIMP.

It's gotta be the #1 incident in (recent)NFL history. #2 is Chad Johnson's sign. Oh man, the sweet, sweet irony... :love:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-27-2004, 02:27 AM
I thought that star thing was gangsta

#1-norm-fan
03-27-2004, 03:25 AM
The second star incident in that game was better though when he tried to pose on the star and Darron Woodson decked him.

Also the next year when Quincy and the 5-11 Cowboys beat them and shut Owens down so he couldn't repeat it... I cried tears of joy.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-27-2004, 12:01 PM
LOL you cried tears of joy over that?

The Outlaw
03-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Come now, spiking the ball on the star is ****ING PIMP.

It's gotta be the #1 incident in (recent)NFL history. #2 is Chad Johnson's sign. Oh man, the sweet, sweet irony... :love:

Nah when guys dance on your midfield symbol, thats not pimp, not at all.

Now, I didnt mind his grabbing the palm palms or his signing of the ball, but what he did in Dallas was just ****ed up, but he got what was coming to him when he got punked out by GT.

By the way it was George Teague that decked him, not Woodson.

#1-norm-fan
03-27-2004, 04:29 PM
LOL you cried tears of joy over that?

Well not REAL tears. :shifty:

#1-norm-fan
03-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Also, as far as great incidents go, there was a game between Philly and Green Bay a few years back in Green Bay. Philly jumped ahead and Ty Detmer who was QB at the time, looked over at the GB bench and did this dance where he pretended to start slapping his giant penis. Then Green Bay scored and Favre mocked him. It was an awful game from what I remember but I'll never forget it just because of the dance.

AlphaBean
03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Nah when guys dance on your midfield symbol, thats not pimp, not at all.

Now, I didnt mind his grabbing the palm palms or his signing of the ball, but what he did in Dallas was just ****ed up, but he got what was coming to him when he got punked out by GT.

By the way it was George Teague that decked him, not Woodson.

For Dallas it was ****ed up.

For the rest of us, :lol:

And yes, getting taken out was even better. I thought of that after I posted... but didn't feel like editing.

Sensei Of Mattitude
03-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Also, as far as great incidents go, there was a game between Philly and Green Bay a few years back in Green Bay. Philly jumped ahead and Ty Detmer who was QB at the time, looked over at the GB bench and did this dance where he pretended to start slapping his giant penis. Then Green Bay scored and Favre mocked him. It was an awful game from what I remember but I'll never forget it just because of the dance.

That was Koy Detmer (current Eagles backup) not older brother Ty (who just signed with Atlanta. Ty Detmer also played for the Eagles in 1996-1997.

But KOY Detmer did the dance.

VonErich Lives
04-01-2004, 01:06 PM
So, the Pats signed Traylor... not exactly Ted Washington, but should fill the 2gap.

interesting trade rumor, Ron Borges who is a local paperguy who has it out for the Pats and Belichek, has this rumor.

Lions send the 6th pick to the pats for both first, a 2nd and a fourth.

The Pats eye candy isn't a RB, it's Sean Taylor, they'd put him at Saftey, and move Wilson to CB, most likely in Poole's slot, but alow the felxibilty to deal or cut Ty Law if needed.

I'd be ok w/ the move, I think there giving up a little much, but in the day of the cap, your not going to keep 2 1sts and 2nds for long, if you can sign them all...

I'd assume the 2nd around pick would target a RB, or they'd have something in the works.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Taylor is gangstaa

But I think they should draft Steven Jackson :(

VonErich Lives
04-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Taylor is gangstaa

But I think they should draft Steven Jackson :(

I dunno, if they can get Taylor and still get a good RB in round #2, I'd be ok w/ that.

They wont get a saftey like Jackon in rnd 2.

then again, it's borgus, and he's full of it, most of the time.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Who knows

Taylor is going to be sick though I watch a lot of Miami U games and he was nasty

VonErich Lives
04-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Who knows

Taylor is going to be sick though I watch a lot of Miami U games and he was nasty

It's now being reported Millen has called every team looking to deal the #6 pick.

It's a deep draft, I don't see them dealing 4 for 1.

AlphaBean
04-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Yeah if the Superbowl champs move up to the top 10 in the draft, I'm probably going to hate them next year, honestly.