PDA

View Full Version : Cena hating..

SammyG
03-27-2007, 01:17 AM
OK, I don't know if a thread like this was made previously, but whatever. Shut the fuck up with the Cena hating. I was one of the fans booing him too kinda, and wanting him to lose, but he has grown me a lot since last year. His promo today was simply amazing, and anyone who doesn't think so is blind. Vince obviously believes in him for a reason, having him hold the belt for this long, and although his ring work could use a bit more improvement, he is very charasmatic, and thats' what a champ should be. So come on now. Cut the man some slack!

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Yea man, sorry but he's getting no slack. He has improved drastically over the past year, but one year ago he garnered the same negative reaction he did in Chicago that he did tonight.
Granted Chicago is just one venue, but the divide still remains.
I've defended Cena. Like I've said, I buy him. He can talk, and he can work better than given credit for. I find him mildly entertaining personally, but he's got "it" and is a credible main eventer. And though I don't like him much, thats preference and I can seperate that and notice that he is deserving of a main event spot in the company for a variety of reasons....

HOWEVER, he is in no way deserving of such a superman push or being crammed down our throats. I find criticisms of Cena as sucking and not being a worthy main eventer, or even the rash label that he can't work are unjust. But come on now. He's overdone, overpushed and leaves no room for other stars. It's WWEs fault.
My problem is not with him it's how he's booked. So while blind criticisms of Cena as a superstar may be rash, unfair or in some aspects alltogether false..disdain for his push and criticisms of how he's booked and dominates are perfectly sound.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 01:29 AM
so until he is given some time off from the title scene, or turned heel, you will continue to see the split and/or negative reactions (that aren't what the company wants) from a portion of the fanbase

Fignuts
03-27-2007, 01:35 AM
If Cena was never pushed into changing his character into a lame vanilla ice with muscles, he would be huge right now, and not just with the kids and teenage girls. Take a look at his stuff from when he was a midcarder on smackdown. He was awesome. One promo that sticks out was the one he did on Brock while he was injured.

Either way I'd bet it wasnt his decision, so I dont see the point in hating on him specificly

dablackguy
03-27-2007, 01:52 AM
It funny, I was watching with friends and called what happened in the main event before it did. I was saying that they had a similar face vs face situation with Michaels and Hogan, and they turned Michaels. I surmised that the reason that they didn't full out turn Michaels again was because they could in no way guarantee that he'd get booed. And that the last thing Vince wants, is his boy and his franchise getting booed in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Sure enough when Michaels superkicked Cena the crowd cheered. The problem is that he's still kinda lame. The purist hates him because someone like Benoit deserves his title and vice versa, yet he goes over Benoit. The casual fan hates him because he's bland. Yeah he's improved, but improved doesn't mean much. Kinda like the undercooked rubbery steak I had tonight was better than the undercooked rubbery steak I had last night. Overhaul is the necessary thing here.

SammyG
03-27-2007, 02:08 AM
I honestly feel bad for him when he's getitng booed. He is NOT bad. Yeah, I agree that the WWE has been booking him pretty shitty, his old smackdown shit was way better. But the man is doing everything in his power to entertain. He has a passion for this business too, you can tell. I actually hope he wins at Mania.

M-A-G
03-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I miss his raps. Other than that, he's fine with me.

Skippord
03-27-2007, 03:23 AM
I miss him being watchable

Impeccable
03-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Yea man, sorry but he's getting no slack. He has improved drastically over the past year, but one year ago he garnered the same negative reaction he did in Chicago that he did tonight.
Granted Chicago is just one venue, but the divide still remains.
I've defended Cena. Like I've said, I buy him. He can talk, and he can work better than given credit for. I find him mildly entertaining personally, but he's got "it" and is a credible main eventer. And though I don't like him much, thats preference and I can seperate that and notice that he is deserving of a main event spot in the company for a variety of reasons....

HOWEVER, he is in no way deserving of such a superman push or being crammed down our throats. I find criticisms of Cena as sucking and not being a worthy main eventer, or even the rash label that he can't work are unjust. But come on now. He's overdone, overpushed and leaves no room for other stars. It's WWEs fault.
My problem is not with him it's how he's booked. So while blind criticisms of Cena as a superstar may be rash, unfair or in some aspects alltogether false..disdain for his push and criticisms of how he's booked and dominates are perfectly sound.

Quite possibly the best post I've seen this year. :y:

Impeccable
03-27-2007, 03:34 AM
...in the wrestling forum

RVDmark
03-27-2007, 04:51 AM
I can see why people like cena an I can see why people hate him. To me he is a guy who got pushed to where he is rather than should've been there anyway. He can promo well to a degree and has charisma but his ability to come off as a 14 year old is unnerving. Oh and If you think he's brilliantly charismatic then I have some advice.

Go to www.youtube.com type in "great one's greatest moments" and watch numbers 1 - 14 then come back wishing cena was that good. End of.

Funky Fly
03-27-2007, 05:10 AM
All I want is Survivor Series '03 Cena in current Cena's spot. Fuck if he's face, heel or the fucking easter bunny.

St. Jimmy
03-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Jeriton is the goods.

Pepsi Man
03-27-2007, 07:42 AM
So wait, he's grown on you, so everybody has to like him?

Theo Dious
03-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Vince obviously believes in him for a reason

Yeah, Vince also believes in Mark Henry.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Shut the fuck up, Sammy.

Xero
03-27-2007, 11:01 AM
I see the reactions he gets as a sign to the writing team. It's not Cena who's making himself into a superman-like character minus his kryptonite.

He has the goods, I believe, to run with it, but the way they've booked him (and no doubt the way they will continue to book him) I don't think he can recover from him.

Unfortunately, turning him heel from a business standpoint would be suicide. The WWE will lose a good portion of the merchandising he pulls in because sheep kids will hate the guy. It would be better in the long-run I think, but Vince can only see into the short-term. If he were willing to book him in a year-long heel turn, Cena could be the most over heel in the WWE.

Of course, to counter balance losing Cena as the top face they will need to make a new top face to feud with him.

jindrak
03-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Interestingly enough, the Cena boos died down after ECW ONS2. Weird.

Xero
03-27-2007, 11:13 AM
He still gets massive heat (not as much as before, granted) when they run their big cities (Chicago, Philly, New York, etc).

In fact, I think that's one of the big factors after price for running so little shows at the Garden.

jindrak
03-27-2007, 11:21 AM
He still gets massive heat (not as much as before, granted) when they run their big cities (Chicago, Philly, New York, etc).

In fact, I think that's one of the big factors after price for running so little shows at the Garden.

A big factor why ONS3 was canned; it would turn into a vehicle of protest from fans, much like ECW on Sci-Fi from Hammerstein. It's obvious why WWE is running televised shows in towns with the highest concentration of marks.

Ninti the Mad
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Why dont you get off Cena's nuts and shut the fuck up.

SammyG
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I am in no way "on his nuts". I'm just getting tired of everyone hating him, when he's obviously trying his best to entertain, it's not his fault they can't book him correctly.

Stickman
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Nice to hear a lot of boos for hiim on Raw last night.

Jordan
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I miss his raps. Other than that, he's fine with me.
:y: :y:

PullMyFinger
03-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Cena is an excellent entertainer. He's one of the few wrestlers I just hate and want to boo. He's excellent at grabbing immense heat from the fans LOL.

But seriously, Cena reminds me of the typical good guy in the 90s that the fans just got sick of cheering and started to boo heavily a la Rocky Maivia.

Only difference is that back then there was competition and Vince actually listened to the fans and turn wrestlers heel if they were booed.

Seriously I would have John Cena align with Vince and make him out to be a massive heel. he should come out and say "Vince built me into the superstar that I am today, He put me in the spotlight with the Marine, promoted my music career, and what have you fans done? Booed me from venue to venue, didn't appreciate my talents, said Cena Sucks....but obviously if you take a look at my career up to now, I'm not like you low class garbage white trash losers!"

PullMyFinger
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I see the reactions he gets as a sign to the writing team. It's not Cena who's making himself into a superman-like character minus his kryptonite.

He has the goods, I believe, to run with it, but the way they've booked him (and no doubt the way they will continue to book him) I don't think he can recover from him.

Unfortunately, turning him heel from a business standpoint would be suicide. The WWE will lose a good portion of the merchandising he pulls in because sheep kids will hate the guy. It would be better in the long-run I think, but Vince can only see into the short-term. If he were willing to book him in a year-long heel turn, Cena could be the most over heel in the WWE.

Of course, to counter balance losing Cena as the top face they will need to make a new top face to feud with him.
Well WWE needs to make a choice: cater to kids or to the older crowd. In the mid 90s he faced the same situation and opted for the latter, turned Bret heel, and made Austin the top man in the company.

I have a feeling now though that this time WWE already made up its mind and caters to kids =(

Stickman
03-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I honestly don't know who the WWE caters to know. Cena doesn't have the promote to kids feel to him, but he doesnt' really promote to anybody else really. He's so bland I don't get it.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I am in no way "on his nuts". I'm just getting tired of everyone hating him, when he's obviously trying his best to entertain, it's not his fault they can't book him correctly.

They can book him correctly.

Hardkore Kidd J
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
When Cena first came to the WWE when he was a heel and cutting free style raps about the town he was in and or the wrestler he was facing. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. But once they turned him face He got really bland to me.

jindrak
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
The only thing that really pisses me off about John Cena is when he does that accent when he is trying hard to be funny (and failing miserably sometimes). Other than that, Cena is fine.

Stickman
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
The only thing that really pisses me off about John Cena is when he does that accent when he is trying hard to be funny (and failing miserably sometimes). Other than that, Cena is fine.

What accent?

BTW, his promo on Raw was awful.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Someone quotes part of his promo to me. I wa nted to shank him.

Jeritron
03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
BTW, his promo on Raw was awful.

No it wasn't. And I normally hate his promos.

Stickman
03-27-2007, 05:29 PM
It seemed like he was trying to be the Rock, not himself.

Kane Knight
03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Nice to hear a lot of boos for hiim on Raw last night.

And this is why the people who complain about Cena hating come off as idiots.

As loathe as I am to say that what's popular is good or what's good is popular, the minute you get this kind of response, or the kind of "controversial" reaction Cena has garnered, it's time to examine the problem. Vince seems to think the fans are wrong. It's just a shame to see fans do that as well.

Mr. Nerfect
03-28-2007, 02:59 AM
So wait, he's grown on you, so everybody has to like him?

I also ask this question.

Cena has never been an awful worker. I remember the good ol' days when he used to wear coloured trunks, and everyone was like "he's a great worker, but he's got no personality."

John Cena does not have "it". I'm sorry, but he doesn't. At least not at this point in time. He can talk, he's got some size, he can wrestle...his charisma and presence is just so forced. The WWE really needs to relax with him.

A heel turn and a partnership with Vince is the way to go.

anandraval
03-28-2007, 03:32 AM
cena really came in to play at the No Way out ppv. He's cool.

Jeritron
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Well I just watched the press conference and he got ripped by the crowd...

Jura
03-28-2007, 04:36 PM
No it wasn't. And I normally hate his promos.
I was cringing at the first half but the latter half was decent. HBK's promo was vastly superior though.

Jeritron
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Cenas got mic skills and all, but he seems to try to hard. He seems forced and it just doesn't sound believable. It almost sounds like he's reading a teleprompter and trying to put too much charisma and delivery into it. Just sounds unnatural.

Kane Knight
03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Well I just watched the press conference and he got ripped by the crowd...

This makes me think of one of those "Simpsons" situations.

"Sir, a single internet fan is entertained by Cena!"

"My God...how could we have been so wrong?"

Kane Knight
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Cenas got mic skills and all, but he seems to try to hard. He seems forced and it just doesn't sound believable. It almost sounds like he's reading a teleprompter and trying to put too much charisma and delivery into it. Just sounds unnatural.

And he's amazing when he's organic. He's just too over the top.