PDA

View Full Version : WCW/World Title

Theo Dious
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wcwchampionship/

WWE really can't seem to make up their mind on this. Now their title history section has the WCW title up there, and says that the current World Title "can be traced" clear back to the old NWA title.

WTF, WWE, MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!!

The One
03-30-2007, 01:03 PM
FUCK WWE IF THEY CLAIM ANYTHING THEY HAVE EVER OWNED CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE! FUCK THEM IN THE ASS! THE WCW BELT AND THE NWA WERE NEVER THE SAME BELT, THE ONLY SIMILARITY WAS RIC FLAIR WON THE FIRST WCW TITLE IN THE SAME MATCH AS HE WON THE NWA WORLD TITLE FROM STING.

M-A-G
03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
The belt itself can be traced but not the lineage.

The One
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Anyway, I've totally stopped caring about how ar back the World Heavyweight Title goes. I just want the title to disappear. I hate the WHC.

Theo Dious
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
FUCK WWE IF THEY CLAIM ANYTHING THEY HAVE EVER OWNED CAN BE TRACED BACK TO THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE! FUCK THEM IN THE ASS! THE WCW BELT AND THE NWA WERE NEVER THE SAME BELT, THE ONLY SIMILARITY WAS RIC FLAIR WON THE FIRST WCW TITLE IN THE SAME MATCH AS HE WON THE NWA WORLD TITLE FROM STING.

Somebody tranquilize this man.

The One
03-30-2007, 01:15 PM
You don't understand my loyalty to the NWA World Heavyweight Title. I genuinly hate when WCW use to claim their title could be traced back to people from the NWA era, and now WWE claims it as well. It's bullshit. Their belts are seperate, and all they are trying to do is rob the NWA of it's history and use it for their own. They are hacks who don't like admiting most of the WCW and WWE title history is pleagued with guys like Hogan, Sid, and celebrity/owners of promotions and the birth o each of the titles came from going back and rewriting history so the first Champ was really fighting over the NWA belt, not their shitty little strap with no real legit first champion.

WCW Title - Flair was the first Champ because he had won the NWA World Title.

WWE Title - Buddy Rogers was first Champ because WWE refused to acknowledge his loss to Thesz, so he gets to be first Champ...and once again WWE makes up bullshit stories of tournament in Rio de Janeiro...gimme a break. How odd that two of your title's histories begin in fake tournaments and you couldn't even be asses enough to change the locations. Fuckers.

Jeritron
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
nah it's true. They can't seem to decide whether it's a new belt, the wcw belt, a second wwe belt or just a prop to keep another pool of main eventers happy.

The bottom line is since the day it was incepted it has hurt the other title and vice versa. There's room for more than one world champion in the industry, but not in one promotion. Havin 2 champion who are supposedly on an equal playing field and "main event" (which is bs since only one main events) is a detriment to the stature of the title and the promotion. It makes one inevitably seem lesser, in most cases Smackdown.
Now you have 3 world champions, which at least it's ECW and not WWE title 2.0. But still, it's a mess and needs to be simplified.

The One
03-30-2007, 01:23 PM
The addition of the ECW Title hasn't hurt the image of either of the other two titles mainly because the ECW is so obviously the "C" level title. Truthfully, The United States Title is better than the ECW Belt.

FourFifty
03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Austins return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Austin is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 22 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all April fourth.

The Show Off
03-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Everyone just needs to relax. That includes the people freaking out about how the WCW and WWE exploits the NWA, and that also goes for the WCW and WWE exploiting the NWA. Sometimes you have to step back and realize this is just for fun.

BigDaddyCool
03-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Can the ECW World Title claim that without you getting all pissy or again, is it a seprate belt cause of Shane Douglas?

BigDaddyCool
03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Also, can Ice Cube and Dr. Dre claim their belt's trace back to the NWA?

Theo Dious
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Also, can Ice Cube and Dr. Dre claim their belt's trace back to the NWA?

I think they claim their belts back to Abercrombie and Fitch, personally.

Jura
03-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Abercrombie and Fitch, representin' Malibu bitch! lol I don't know.

JT
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM
http://www.stormwrestling.com/031907.html

I think this is the perfect article for the argument. However, I think my opinion can go with my thoughts on the Spinner belt. The titles are meaningless now...all of them really. Back in the day, not only could I name who the champions are but can name the order of champions before, and the great fueds that ocured for the titles.

With World titles, it's easy to remember because they are the headlines, but I still don't look at them as champions. Cena has a belt that spins, only person I've carred about with the WCW version was Booker T, and I honestly haven't watched ECW since summertime so I constantly forget about it.

But look as some of the other titles too...the US Championship. I just watched my favorite match when I got into wrestling...DDP vs. Raven vs. Chris Benoit for the US Championship. I remember being so into that match and really caring about who was going to win it. Now I could care less.

The IC Champ...well I liked watching Heat now and again to watch all the jobbers who once held that belt.Today I never remember who it is. When I first though who the champ was, I thought Johnny Nitro before remembering he lost the title to Jeff Hardy...before remembering he lost the title to Umanga.

Tag Titles- I don't event think either brand has a strong Tag division right now...I don't know who they are on Smackdown and know who they are on Raw but also know they are only champs to strengthen a WWE championship feud.

Cruiserwieght and Women...meh

Okay, know I went off the original topic of switching around World Championship reigns, but I just go on to show...no title matters anymore. Not even in TNA do that matter much. Today it's only a male soap opera and this whole NWA addtion this is just their way of saying "evil twin" or "coma".

Theo Dious
03-30-2007, 02:54 PM
On a semi-related note, is anyone else mortally offended that the World Tag Team Champions are going to be fighting each other for the WWE Title at Wrestle-freaking-mania?!

The One
03-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Can the ECW World Title claim that without you getting all pissy or again, is it a seprate belt cause of Shane Douglas?

The ECW World Title can be traced back to the NWA-Eastern Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Title. Never the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Shane Douglas was at one point Champion of both belts, but the title itself isn't connected to the NWA Belt at all.

Pepsi Man
03-30-2007, 04:40 PM
lmao @ poor One's defensiveness.

"There's no connection, even if the title started based on the NWA Champion or last NWA Champion at the time! It's a conspiracy!"

The One
03-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Fine, I'm starting a new promotion. It's called "Tovo's World of Wrestling" and it's current World Champion is Rory McAllister...THE VERY SAME WORLD TITLE THAT WAS ONCE HELD BY ED LEWIS, GEORG HACKENSCHMIDT, AND ABE LINCOLN! How did Rory win this title you ask? He won a one night over the top rope battle royal on the actual North Pole. Shakespear was the special ref for the match, and God himself did the time keeping.

Xero
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Can I join?

:shifty:

Jaton
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Fine, I'm starting a new promotion. It's called "Tovo's World of Wrestling" and it's current World Champion is Rory McAllister...THE VERY SAME WORLD TITLE THAT WAS ONCE HELD BY ED LEWIS, GEORG HACKENSCHMIDT, AND ABE LINCOLN! How did Rory win this title you ask? He won a one night over the top rope battle royal on the actual North Pole. Shakespear was the special ref for the match, and God himself did the time keeping.

Was this before or after his STELLAR match at Backlash?

The One
03-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Xero is the Intercontinental Champion which he won in in 1957 and has defended over 10 million times against every single wrestler in Japan, England, America, and Canada, as well as most of the Mexican wrestlers. HE first won the belt via pinning Matt Damon's father's father's mother in a no holds bared match with his feet on the ropes. The match was the first match to take place on the moon, a feet very amazing considering man hadn't even walked on the moon yet.

The One
03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Was this before or after his STELLAR match at Backlash?

During. What you didn't see was that while Robbie was in the ring, Rory flew up to the North Pole and did the battle royal. He then used a time machine similar to the one in Back to the Future to come back and be waiting on the apron for a tag when Robbie needed him. We have the footage in the archives, but right now Bigfoot is using what we within TWoW call "The Rory Files" as a pillow. Besides, it's protected by ray sheilds. :shifty:

Pepsi Man
03-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Was Christian Cage or Abyss in the Battle Royal?

Caged Heat18
03-30-2007, 09:16 PM

I remember watching that match on television. It was such a shock to see Rory finally win the big win after all his hard work. That match easily hit the five star mark, and truthfully if their was a rating high than five stars it probably would have cracked six stars. This match is why I am a wrestling fan today. Thank you, the One, for starting your promotion. :shifty:

The One
03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Was Christian Cage or Abyss in the Battle Royal?

Both were. Infact, every single TNA, RoH and WWE star who wasn't involved with the BAcklash PPV was in it as well. All the guys from Japan, Mexico, England, and Canada showed up as well. It was the biggest match of all time. So big Eddie Guerrero came back from the dead, cut a promo about how TWoW was the greatest promotion ever, and then presented the title to Rory at the end of the match. All the divas then got naked and took turns sucking off the ans in the crowd, and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Pinocchio both became real people for this event alone. The undercard had Xero defend his title against a can of orange soda and the Tag Team Champions Woody Allen and Elliot Gould took on long time rivals and Jew haters Mel Gibson and Hitler's corpse.

Pepsi Man
03-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Both were. Infact, every single TNA, RoH and WWE star who wasn't involved with the BAcklash PPV was in it as well. All the guys from Japan, Mexico, England, and Canada showed up as well. It was the biggest match of all time. So big Eddie Guerrero came back from the dead, cut a promo about how TWoW was the greatest promotion ever, and then presented the title to Rory at the end of the match. All the divas then got naked and took turns sucking off the ans in the crowd, and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Pinocchio both became real people for this event alone. The undercard had Xero defend his title against a can of orange soda and the Tag Team Champions Woody Allen and Elliot Gould took on long time rivals and Jew haters Mel Gibson and Hitler's corpse.
I think this fed should be given a chance.

.44 Magdalene
03-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Hitler's corpse is an overrated spot monkey.

M-A-G
03-31-2007, 03:38 AM
Mel Gibson had to carry his ass, I'm sure of it.