PDA

View Full Version : worst of 2003

born angry
12-12-2003, 12:11 PM
what was the absolute worst thing about 2003?

i would go for MR AMERICA VS ROWDY RODDY PIPER

that was the ugliest thing i've ever seen incuding your ma's

Tornado
12-12-2003, 12:17 PM
what was the absolute worst thing about 2003?

i would go for MR AMERICA VS ROWDY RODDY PIPER

that was the ugliest thing i've ever seen incuding your ma's
:|

Supermark101
12-12-2003, 12:18 PM
I will have to go with Angle/Benoit from the Royal Rumble. :lol:

The worst thing of 2003 was Eddie G spraying the Big Show with sh*t from Smackdown.

Fryza
12-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Triple H holding the title.
Goldberg's several screw-ups.
WWE basically killing Kane's and Goldberg's gimmicks.
Ultimo Dragon, Kanyon, Rhyno, and several others getting buried stupidly.
Nathan Jones.
Anything involving A-Train.
Chief Morley.
Anything involving Mark Henry.
Scott Steiner.

Fin.

born angry
12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
I will have to go with Angle/Benoit from the Royal Rumble. :lol:

The worst thing of 2003 was Eddie G spraying the Big Show with sh*t from Smackdown.

:wave:

what about steiner v h and nash v h (what a stink)

KayfabeMan
12-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Booker T and Goldust defeating Ric Flair
Booker T and Hurricane Helms defeating Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam and Kane defeating Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam and Bubba Ray Dudley defeating Ric Flair
Triple H defeating Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash defeating Ric Flair
Bill Goldberg defeating Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels,Goldberg and Maven defeating Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels & Bill Goldberg defeating Ric Flair
Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak defeating Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels & Chris Jericho defeating Ric Flair

John la Rock
12-12-2003, 03:19 PM
probably having A-Train and Nathan Jones on the Wrestlemania XIX card and leaving out guys like Rob Van Dam, Kane, Christian, and Lance Storm

That really pissed me off :mad:

Mr. JL
12-12-2003, 03:51 PM
probably having A-Train and Nathan Jones on the Wrestlemania XIX card and leaving out guys like Rob Van Dam, Kane, Christian, and Lance Storm

That really pissed me off :mad:

OHH...DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT AGAIN

Splaya
12-12-2003, 03:53 PM
not pushing guys like RVD Booker T and Kane and pushing guys like A train and Big Show and Mark Henry

Corkscrewed
12-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Triple H vs Scott Steiner... TWICE

blake639raw
12-12-2003, 05:31 PM
Nash vs. HHH , Judgment Day
Goldberg vs. Rock was also hard to watch

Gertner
12-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Goldust's Tourette's angle.

sexymanalive
12-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Anything involving smackdown and The WWE fans

MVP
12-24-2003, 06:02 PM
For one's that haven't been said already:

S.H.I.T.
Burying of Sean O'Haire, Matt Hardy, Y2J, Booker T, etc.

darkpower
12-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Anything involving smackdown and The WWE fans

What the hell are you talking about?

Anyway, I would say Triple H holding the title for WAY too long (even Triple H fanboys have to amit that holding a title for a year and beat everyone who was ever able to be a main eventer and a viable opponent for The Game). You may think Goldberg was the worst, but he was the only guy who could've been pushed as a main eventer on RAW that wasn't beat by HHH, and his win at Unforgiven refreshed the RAW Brand in that respect. Yeah, maybe HHH has improved since his burying antics that he really shown in recent time, but Goldberg's title reign was a refreshing point in probably one of the worst times in 2003.

I wouldn't say the things by A-Train were bad, just could've been done better. Train has really improved over the 2003 year, and, if used right (getting him into more tag team action would help), he could get back to the overness he obtained in 2000 when teamed with Scotty 2 Hotty.

However, the absolute WORST has got to belong to the heel turn of the Coach and Al Snow. What in the HELL was the WWE thinking? After a few weeks of that, I was tired of it. Please, get Coach another gimmick or something, and get rid of the suck-up-to-Bishoff thing.

Nowhere Man
12-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Going in chronological order:

-Dawn Marie vs Torrie Wilson: the match and the entire feud made me want to gouge my eyes out

-Scott Steiner vs Triple H: the Plan 9 from Outer Space of wrestling; my friends and I were rolling on the floor laughing at how awful it was

-Nathan Jones' WWE debut: poor fella was doomed from the start. Ah, well.

-RVD, Kane, Lance Storm, etc. being left out of Wrestlemania: actually, that's understandable. I mean, you don't want to take time away from the Miller Lite Catfight Girls segment, right?

-Evolution: I feel really sorry for Ric Flair.

-Goldust's Tourette thing. Tasteless and unfunny, simple as that.

-Triple H vs Booker T: good match, but the ending was pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT. HHH pinned Booker after taking a goddamned nap for half an hour. This pretty much sealed the coffin for ayone on Raw not whose name doesn't end in H or Berg. I haven't watched a full episode of Raw ever since, in fact.

-Mr. America vs Rowdy Roddy Piper: I'll admit I marked out huge when Piper ran in at Wrestlemania, and I was excited to see the Piper's Pit come back, but at the end of the day it was a piss-poor match between two guys who are way past their prime. Kind of depressing, really, especially since this was what really killed off Sean O'Haire's career.

-Nash vs Triple H: see a recurring theme here? Not even the return of Mick Foley could save that pile of crap.

-Test vs Steiner and La Resistance vs The Dudleyz. Two feuds that nobody cared about, but went on for the entire summer. Ugh.

-Vince vs Stephanie. The acting in this feud made Dawn/Torrie look like Citizen Kane, and the match made my eyes bleed.

-Eddie hosing down the Big Show with crap. Lovely.

-Triple H not even showing up on Raw for almost an entire month during the Kane vs Goldberg feud, then winning the World Title right back. F</>UCK YOU!

There were a ton of really good things about 2003, too, in case you think I'm being overly negative. But this isn't the thread for the good stuff, so I won't go into them.

Boondock Saint
12-25-2003, 12:29 AM
-The Dawn Marie-Torrie match
-The Redneck Triathalon
-Nash vs HHH
-Test vs Steiner's never ending feud
-Miller Lite Catfight Girls at Mania
-HHH's title reign. A long reign is good, a year is a bit much, especially when you don't make the opponent look too good. I thought for sure it was Booker T's time, and after he lost, I pretty much figured HHH wouldn't lose it for a while.

AareDub
12-25-2003, 09:57 AM
The seemingly endless Steiner/Test feud. First it was Steiner vs Test. Then they mixed things up by making it Test vs Steiner. Then over and over and over again. Every night on Raw, every PPV. ACKKGRRRGGHHHH!!

FlashyT01
12-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Evolution
Nash vs HHH
Brooker T Vs HHH
Unmasking of Kane
Mark Henry and Teddy Long
HHH and Stpehine getting Married
S.H.I.T
Lita Return (over did it)
100,000 bounty
Maven Vs HHH

Savio
12-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Stacy and Stiener blah!

Sephiroth
12-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Triple H holding the title.
Goldberg's several screw-ups.
WWE basically killing Kane's and Goldberg's gimmicks.
Ultimo Dragon, Kanyon, Rhyno, and several others getting buried stupidly.
Nathan Jones.
Anything involving A-Train.
Chief Morley.
Anything involving Mark Henry.
Scott Steiner.

Fin.

:y: That's all so true...and i would add the HHH vs. Steiner fued that sucked big time :shifty:

RGWhat316
12-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Surprised noone has mentioned the Booker T/Christian feud. That match was at a ppv, then on RAW for like 3 consecutive weeks. Not to mention it was just a regular IC title match. It was the same regular match every week.

c4g2
12-26-2003, 02:26 AM
Smackdown

Mr America vs Roddy Piper
-This match was damn scrappy, with Hogan just placing a leg on Piper at the end to win. Lame...

Undertaker jobbing so many times
-He jobbed to Brock at No Mercy, to Vinnie Mac at Survivor Series... I don't believe it. This is not helping him with so many people already unhappy with his Badass gimmick... hope the Deadman gimmick will appease them (and me as well)

(With some relation to the above section) Vinnie Mac's many PPV appearances
-He's not a real wrestler, why the heck should he wrestle costing many good talents a PPV slot? And to make it worse, he actually WON two out of three PPV appearances this year. Even though he lost to Hogan, Vince won in the long run, paying Hogan to sit at home. Please keep him off PPVs, pls!!!

The whole Wilsons and Dawn Marie angle
-Meaningless angle punctuated by a catfight now and again. But the highlight was when Al married Dawn Marie in their underwear?! I switched channels immediately. Diva matches are already scrappy enough, but this particular lineup was really meaningless.
RAW

Steiner
-He was a big mistake from the start, his mega-push to the World Heavyweight Title at the start was horrible. For the first time in 2003, I hoped for HHH to pin him or be disqualified but still retain the title. Make him a super-jobber to get many talents over, that'll be great.

Mark Henry
-Enough said.

The RAW announcer feud
-Another lame feud. Coach and Al Snow looked like lumbering idiots in the ring, and you know someone is lousy when even the King can pin him. In the end, it didn't even make a difference as JR and King still retained their announcer spots.

Shane and Kane feud
-It dragged too long. I would prefer it to be only a few weeks, then Shane is chokeslammed through 2 tables and ruled out of wrestling for a year or something like that. In the end, everyone was bored with this feud and there was the slightest doubt that Kane would win, although what the bookers wanted us to feel that Kane would squash Shane. Stupid bookers.

That's what I can think of right now.

Corkscrewed
12-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Test vs. Steiner was the only feud I thought that sucked, everything else was fine.

OMG!!! Dark Kane actually thought a feud sucked!!!!

This is a historic moment in STUPID NOOB history...

Fryza
12-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Surprised noone has mentioned the Booker T/Christian feud. That match was at a ppv, then on RAW for like 3 consecutive weeks. Not to mention it was just a regular IC title match. It was the same regular match every week.

I liked it actually, because I thought they put on some good matches.

However, I didn't like the Booker T/Mark Henry feud that dragged on and on.

AareDub
12-27-2003, 12:52 PM

I got so sick of seeing that every week on Raw, I ended up changing the channel most of the time. I think the only reason it stopped was because Booker T got hurt.

Oxstar
12-27-2003, 03:14 PM
to think about wrestling this year alot of it did suck!