PDA

View Full Version : Like, matches just aren't what they used to be...

Johnny Vegas
04-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Maybe its because im high, but matches just aren't exciting anymore. Its like you can pretty much call every move in a singles match. The gimmick matches are straight (TLC, ladder, table IF we had anymore table matches :( ) but even when Austin, Rock, Foley, Hart, etc would have matches, they would be outside the ring, in the crowds, breaking announcer tables, etc. You just didn't know what would happen unless they were preluding to their signature moves (Rock's spinebuster, Foley pulling out socko). Enjoy some of the main eventers but they need to improvise a little bit and not just on PPVs.

P.S. A Jeff Hardy v. Mick Foley TLC/Hell in a Cell match would be the best spotfest ever.

Londoner
04-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I know exactly what you mean and i've been thinking about this to, i think what the matches lack is intensity mainly and creativity, you just know what's going to happen most of the time though, Lashley is a perfect example of what i'm on about. His matches are stupidly predictable.

Kane Knight
04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Well, wrestling is "safer" now.

Johnny Vegas
04-01-2007, 03:16 PM
But iits safe to the extent that i marked out like a clown when Cena got superkicked on RAW...

Pepsi Man
04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Out of the ring action and in-crowd fighting is not automatic good wrestling, nor is it necessarily unpredictable.

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2007, 02:05 AM
The WWE does plan out the matches more these days, though, and puts more restrictions on the guys. It's hard to know who is going to be the next technical genius if the guys are all working the WWE style.

There are still as many injuries (if not more) with the "safe style" rather than the wrestlers working up to their own pace.

Stickman
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
It seems like every single thing is planned. They don't just let the guys "go" anymore.

Kane Knight
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
It seems like every single thing is planned. They don't just let the guys "go" anymore. Rules of WWE Wrestling:

Never upstage the Main Eventers.
Never risk the health of the Main Eventers.

Stickman
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Funny how Cena gets upstaged every match. I'm suprised Beniot didn't lose at Mania after he carried Cena on Raw.

Kane Knight
04-02-2007, 03:45 PM
People can't help but upsatge Cena.

thecc
04-02-2007, 09:09 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/96GCXvrWbhE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/96GCXvrWbhE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
thats all im gonna say

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I can't wait for them to go at it in Ring of Honor. :love:

Corkscrewed
04-03-2007, 03:45 AM
That's a really neat match, but pretty much all the moves looked blatantly cooperational.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I know what you mean, but in a world where everyone knows wrestling is fake, I think it is better to make it more of a dance; more of an art, than "real".

Of course that's just my opinion. I just prefer companies like CHIKARA, with their sense of humour and fun style than I would a "Hosses Throwing Fake Punches Federation".

Pepsi Man
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I know what you mean, but in a world where everyone knows wrestling is fake, I think it is better to make it more of a dance; more of an art, than "real".

Honestly, I disagree with this. People have known that pro wrestling is fixed for a long time (I mean seriously, just because we didn't have all these exposes and the internet doesn't mean everyone magically believed in wrestling being "real"), and I have liked it less since about the last seven or eight years, when it seems like most wrestlers (even WWE) take the approach, "Hey, they know it's fake" than when they were trying their best to look "real". It just takes the fun out of it completely for me when I see the guys working together the whole match, especially if I'm trying to just relax and "suspend disbelief" as they say.

Loose Cannon
04-03-2007, 11:14 AM
To me, I can't buy that sort of stuff. It looks like they should be preforming at some Dance Gymnastic Competition rather then wrestling. It doesn't come off as a legit fight.

Even though WWE is fake, people throwing punches and kicks I can relate to more as far as being a real fight then flipping around the ring and helping each other set up and hit moves.

Loose Cannon
04-03-2007, 11:15 AM
wow same time.