PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor is BACK!!!

Downunder
04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
David Tennent is offically the greatest Doctor in Doctor Who history. Tom Baker has been my favourite doctor for years, and Christopher Eccleston nearly replaced him, but one season was not enough to really establish himself as a classic Doctor.

Move over everyone, David Tennent is the shizzle - and Freema Agyeman is fairly easy on the eye.

BTW check out who playes Shakesphere in next weeks episode. :D

Bad Company
04-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Doctor who?

Kane Knight
04-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I still like Eccleston better, but then, I'm not on to the next season yet, because we won't get it til July. Or I could DL it illegally, but...

However, my friends bitch about Tennent, and I like him. I'm just pissed that they sacked the last one so quick.

Downunder
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Christopher Eccelstone left because he didn't want to be typecast (last seen as the invisible man in Heroes).

It doesn't start here for a few months yet either, but that's why I :heart: Demonoid so much.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Of course, some of us will be watching it on TV this Saturday.:p

ct2k
04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
The new girl is far hotter than that trollop Piper too

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Christopher Eccelstone left because he didn't want to be typecast (last seen as the invisible man in Heroes).

I was under the impression that it wasn't a typecasting issue. Especially since he'd already been in several things.

Also, he's currently playing the Rider in the Dark is Rising movie, do out next year (Or late this).

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
The new girl is far hotter than that trollop Piper too

Piper's hot enough.

It's just that fucking accent that kills me...

ct2k
04-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Dunno, never been remotely attracted to her:-\

Also she used to bully a guy I know at school:lol:

And the accent is not real btw, she's from Swindon not London.

RP
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
POST MOTHER FUCKING PICS OR GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING FAG CUNT

Kane Knight
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Dunno, never been remotely attracted to her:-\

Also she used to bully a guy I know at school:lol:

And the accent is not real btw, she's from Swindon not London.

Awful is awful. And legit or not, the accent is awful.

Downunder
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/lynchnut/docmartha1.jpg
For RP

Kane Knight
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd hit it.

...She ain't bad, either.

Kane Knight
04-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I can't wait for the Doctor/Potter crossover, where the Doctor saves the world from the Daleks by tossing Harry Potter into something deep, dark, and fatal.

Mr Regal
04-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I used to watch Doctor Who when i was a kiddy.

Hadn't caught any of the Eccelstone series same for the first Tennant series. However for some strange reason i started to watch Torchwood (which i found average but pretty watchable) and kind of got interested.

caught the Dalek episode the other night and have been catching up watching the rest on line.

I :heart: The Doctor again.

And Tennant is top notch:y:

The Destroyer
04-24-2007, 06:32 PM

It doesn't start here for a few months yet either, but that's why I :heart: Demonoid so much.
He was also supposedly burned out from the filming schedule, which by all accounts was fairly intense.

And Tennant is simply brilliant, I've even forgiven him for not using his real accent...

The Mackem
04-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I saw the first episode and the latest wth the Daleks. Not so sure, I'm starting to think that it might have peaked with the last series and that this series might not be so good.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be proven wrong as the new series have been great so far and don't want it axed any time soon :mad:

The Mackem
07-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Twas the latest season finale on Saturday. It was decent, a sad ending and with Russell T Davies tieing up all of his loose ends in his last episode I wonder in which direction the new writer and producer will go.

Jon Kano
07-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Don't think you can beat Baker tbh.

Tennent's face jus does my nut in, his raised eyebrows, little quiff and strained beady eyes....I dunno, ferret lookin. He does my head in. Only has like 2 facial expressions.

Outsider
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Final episode didn't impress me that much. Russell T Davies has a nasty habit of creating cliffhangers which are then solved in the first thirteen seconds of the next episode .

Looking forward to seeing what it is like under Stephen Moffat. He's written some of the best episodes of the new Doctor Who.

Still gonna have to wait until 2010 though :(

Downunder
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Can't disagree more Outsider - I though the final episode was amazing.

The Destroyer
07-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Twas the latest season finale on Saturday. It was decent, a sad ending and with Russell T Davies tieing up all of his loose ends in his last episode I wonder in which direction the new writer and producer will go.
He's still doing the Christmas special and the 4 2009 specials before Moffat takes over in 2010.

I thought the finale was pretty good - not perfect, but far better than last year's slightly iffy final episode. And it was nice to see Davros back either way - especially when they didn't actually kill him onscreen.

Danny Electric
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
To be fair, I always say I don't like it but end up watching it.
I enjoyed the final episode.

Confused
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I've enjoyed Stephen Moffats episodes. Thought Blink was the best bit of British TV in a long time.

Can't wait till see what he does when hes plotting an entire series. Could maybe give the Daleks a wee shove aside for a series or two.

Kane Knight
07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Don't think you can beat Baker tbh.

Tennent's face jus does my nut in, his raised eyebrows, little quiff and strained beady eyes....I dunno, ferret lookin. He does my head in. Only has like 2 facial expressions.

So...You don't think he can top Baker because you're not gay enough for him?

Kane Knight
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I've enjoyed Stephen Moffats episodes. Thought Blink was the best bit of British TV in a long time.

Can't wait till see what he does when hes plotting an entire series. Could maybe give the Daleks a wee shove aside for a series or two.
Blink was incredible.

The Mackem
07-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Yes, Doctor Who at it's best that one. Had me thinking about statues for a week after.

Fox
07-16-2008, 11:30 AM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m2/apr2006/5/9/000774E3-B5BB-143C-A0080C01AC1BF814.jpg

Fox refuses to recognize any other Dr. Who as "the greatest."

Kane Knight
07-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes, Doctor Who at it's best that one. Had me thinking about statues for a week after.

It's kinda an old idea, but it was REALLY well done, especially with the time traveller twist the Doctor adds.

The two episodes that aired a couple of weeks ago were among the best I've seen, too. The ones focused on the library and the living shadows.

Kane Knight
07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m2/apr2006/5/9/000774E3-B5BB-143C-A0080C01AC1BF814.jpg

Fox refuses to recognize any other Dr. Who as "the greatest."

Thus further cementing Dave Tennant as the greatest.

Confused
07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
So, theres four specials to be aired in 2009 to bridge the gap from the Xmas special till the next series. RTD is writing them with Gareth Roberts and one other writer. I'm pretty sure it'll be a case of tying up loose ends and clearing the deck for Moffat taking over.

I'm thinking a regeneration may come into play at the end of the final special though!

Thoughts? Would you be happy if this was the case? Is it needed? Should Moffat start with an entirely new cast in the Tardis? Will we finally get an entirely decent run of Doctor Who?

Oh yer, and i heard / read a rumour the other day that Tom Baker may make an appearance in Moffats series!!

Kane Knight
07-26-2008, 08:06 PM
So, theres four specials to be aired in 2009 to bridge the gap from the Xmas special till the next series. RTD is writing them with Gareth Roberts and one other writer. I'm pretty sure it'll be a case of tying up loose ends and clearing the deck for Moffat taking over.

I'm thinking a regeneration may come into play at the end of the final special though!

Thoughts? Would you be happy if this was the case? Is it needed? Should Moffat start with an entirely new cast in the Tardis? Will we finally get an entirely decent run of Doctor Who?

Oh yer, and i heard / read a rumour the other day that Tom Baker may make an appearance in Moffats series!!

Tennant has been confirmed until 2010. I think it'd be a bad idea to get rid of the Doctor that's so phenomenally popular, anyway.

Still, as great as Tennant is, I don't think him being written off would really kill my interest unless the new Doctor really sucked. Keep in mind the specials in 09 are being done specifically to work around Tennant's schedule...I don't think they're in any hurry to get rid of him...

Confused
07-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't mind Tennant. With a great script, for instance a Moffat one, he really steps up his performance as the Doctor.

Far as i know, Tennant has the specials to finish, then they'll announce whether or not he's signed to the fifth series. Though i'm sure it'll leak a lot earlier than that as these things usually do. The BBC have offered to make him the highest paid actor on British tv if he stays for a fifth series but theres been little news since on this.

If they go the regeneration route i can't really think of one current British actor who'd get my vote anyway. There was specualtion that David Morrissey was taking over, but his casting in the Xmas special seems to put an end to that. He'd have been an Ecclestone-ish Doctor to my mind.

Confused
09-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Getting very excited about this Christmas special from what i've read so far! Maybe RTD will deliver a few decent episodes to finish out what has been a very inconsistent run on scripting duties from him!

Fingers crossed.

Confused
10-14-2008, 04:52 PM
The grand Moff has Johnson from Peep Show in his sights to replace Tennant at the end of the next series according to the rumours.

Very weird, but inspired if it comes off. He's one of the best things in Peep Show.

Wonder what the reaction would be to the first Black Doctor?

Confused
10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18421

DOCTOR WOW

My last couple of Doctor Who leaks were fairly solid — Neil Gaiman to write 2010 “Doctor Who” and Tom Baker returning to the series proper in an unnamed role. Both have been bubbling under ever since. The next one is not so tied down. It’s still rather up in the air. But it’s quite a possibility.

The sixth series of “Doctor Who” (2011) will star Paterson Joseph as The Doctor.

Previously playing Roderick in the “Doctor Who” episodes “Bad Wolf”/”Parting Of Ways,” Joseph is known for fine upstanding and terribly-well-spoken-dontcha-know roles as Johnson in “Peep Show,” the Marquis De Carabas in “Neverwhere,” Space Marshall Clarke in “Hyperdrive,” Lyndon in “Green Wing”…

…and more importantly Benjamin in “Jekyll.” Written and produced by upcoming “Doctor” Who showrunner, Steven Moffat.

If true, it’s a great call on Moffat’s part. A damn fine call. Paterson has a very British Authority approach to many of his characters, comparable with Jon Pertwee. It’s not a traditional choice, but then neither was Christopher Eccleston. And, like I say, it’s bloody brilliant.

This rumour is obviously an amber light story for now, but it could well change colour in the months to come.

And, as it appears, so could the Doctor.

El Vaquero de Infierno
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I've always found the season finales to be a bit hyperbolic, and even then they don't deliver.

If Moffat can produce a whole series of high standard episodes lile Blink and, The Library, then it will be pretty good. I'm kind of bored with RTD and his need to shove his sexuality in our faces every chance he can get.

Confused
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
New Doctor announced on BBC1 tomorrow night in a Doctor Who Confidential special!

The Destroyer
01-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Seems weirdly early to announce it, considering whoever it is won't be seen in the role for over a year.

But I'm not complaining, I'll be glad to finally find out.

Outsider
01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I was looking at the betting for who the next Doctor would be. After the announcement an extra name appeared with suddenly very low odds and has continued to be low for the rest of the evening, pretty much from no-where. This site is one where you can set the odds yourself so could easily be someone who did know trying to make a quick buck out of it. He is now the favourite on this site, knocking off Patterson Joseph.

Is it a spoiler? I don't know. But seems strange for him to shoot suddenly up to that position in a day. I'm gonna use the spoiler tags anyway, just in case someone doesn't want to know.

Matt Smith, previously from pretty dire BBC political comedy drama http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/partyanimals/

His Wiki claims he is the next Doctor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor)

Also might be worth noting that someone who was 70-1 ish this morning is now 6-1.

Jack Davenport, who previously worked with Steven Moffatt on BBC sitcom 'Coupling'

The Destroyer
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
He seems a bit young for it - I'm not familiar in the slightest with his work either.

Suppose we'll find out tomorrow. Have to wonder if this has come out of nowhere because there's been a sudden risk of a leak and the BBC want to beat them to the punch.

Outsider
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
He seems a bit young for it - I'm not familiar in the slightest with his work either.

Suppose we'll find out tomorrow. Have to wonder if this has come out of nowhere because of a possible risk of it being leaked.

I think he's a bit young as well. The only google on it comes up with a Digital Spy post on the rumour. Posters there are suggesting he is more likely to be a new companion, even suggesting that this could mean a female doctor. I don't see any reason why a male doctor couldn't have a male companion though, even if he has another companion who is female as well.

I just put two quid on the second thing I posted. Dunno why, just a feeling. (That, and I had two quid in my betfair account and can't leave it there without placing a bet...)

The Destroyer
01-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Couldn't have two men in the TARDIS. People would think they were gay or something. :shifty:

Mr Regal
01-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Captain jack would be sooooooo jealous

Downunder
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
The Doctor has had a few male companions over the years - the main one I remember is Adric (I think he was killed by Cybermen)

The Destroyer
01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Yeah, he's had plenty really - but no solo males that I can think of (bar maybe a few isolated examples). Mostly back in the 60s when there were always at least 2 companions.

Confused
01-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Long as Moffat is writing and guiding the series it should be superb, no matter who the Doctor is played by! I'm still hoping Paterson Joseph!

From this summer Moffats series goes into production, while RTD and his team shoot the final two specials! Be interesting to know if Moffat has been given a heads-up on how Tennants Doctor snuffs it!

Also, can't wait to see the new interior of the Tardis!

The Destroyer
01-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Should have had a flutter - the next Doctor is indeed Matt Smith, as the rumours from yesterday suggested.

Youngest Doctor ever at 26. Guess we'll find out if he's up to it come early 2010...

ct2k
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Who the fuck is Matt Smith?

And Jack Davenport can't be it, he's far too dry to be Doctor Who

The Destroyer
01-03-2009, 02:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor)

He's not been in a lot of big stuff, but who knows, he could be good. Does seem like a bit of a gamble casting someone who's not very well known, but I guess David Tennant wasn't especially huge when he got the part either. There's an interview with him here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/misc/news/index_new_doctor.shtml

Just hope he gets a bloody haircut before he starts filming.

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Anyone after Tennant is going to be screwed.

ct2k
01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I dont even watch DW tbh so I don't even know why I'm posting here

The Destroyer
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Getting swept up in the media storm.

And frankly, you should watch it.

Boondock Saint
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Hmm dunno about this dude...looks kinda emo

Mr Regal
01-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Like confused said, as long as moffat is writing it'll be good. I'll be interested to see what this young man does with the part....no pressure or anything.

Downunder
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Matt Smith?

Never hear of him - but if this pic is anthing to go by he looks like a huge emo fag.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01215/pdrwho3_1215574c.jpg

Confused
01-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Lol. In Moffat we trust!

He must have been really fucking amazing when you consider that Moffat said in his interview he set out to cast a late 30s to 40 year old Doctor and had a huge row with the BBC about the youthful candidates they suggested!

Its a brave choice! We should have some quality comedy moments on the age issue :)

Confused
01-04-2009, 07:04 AM
The wee cunt is two years younger than me!!! Fuck sake. I'm getting old.

Dave Youell
01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Well, I'm willing to hold judgment until I see him.

David Tennant hadn't done that much before he did the Doctor and he made the role his own, he had MASSIVE shoes to fill for Ecclestone and he did great.

Lets not shoot the guy down before he's got a season behind him first

Mr Regal
01-04-2009, 05:11 PM
In all honesty most of the actors mentioned i would have chosen over him, partly because he is an unknown entity to me, but mainly because some of the other people are brilliant actors who i enjoy watching. Personally i would have liked to have seen Paterson Joseph as the doctor.

Anyway, i look forward to the new series. Doctor Who is Doctor Who....i'd have still enjoyed the last few series if that massive Twat Boris Johnson was Playing the Doctor....

The Mackem
01-09-2009, 04:26 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-refuses-inquiry-into-bets-on-new-doctor-who-1228148.html

About the betting

Boondock Saint
01-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Working my way through Season 3 right now

Kane Knight
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Getting Season four in the mail by Friday. I'm pissed at the thought of them replacing Tennant.

Boondock Saint
01-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Holy crap, The Family of Blood was pretty awesome. Loved what the Doctor did to them at the end. :love: