PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Spoilers

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Credit: Dave Hancock and PWInsider.com

-Rob Conway and René Dupree lost to Jamie Knoble and Kofi Kingston in the dark match via Kingston pinning Conway.

-Mr. Kennedy hit the ring to open the show. Quick promo hyping his mania win. Said forget the Austin era.. The Kennedy era just began. Afterwards.. Jeff Hardy hit the ring. Kennedy wins via neck breaker after a really good match. Kennedy argues with ref. Gets another three count.

-Place is legit sold out.. Long makes a match for next week.. Kennedy versus Hornswoggle and Finlay (who attacked Kennedy). Backstage Timbaland and Ashley make fun of Jillian.

-Chris Benoit loses to The Miz via MVP interference. Matt Hardy over King Booker via small package. SHARMELL turns on King Booker.

-KANE defeats Dave Taylor in a squash after a brawl outside the ring. Crowd is on fire.

-Paul London and Brian Kendrick over Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Gregory Helms in a fantastic match. Lots of fast action. Deuce, Domino and Cherry watched from the ring.

-Taker comes to the ring like at Mania, with druids. Biggest pop of the night by far. Batista hits the ring in a suit.. They go face to face. Batista congratulates Taker, and leaves. King Booker runs in from around the announce table and attacks Taker from behind. They battle outside the ring. Booker gets a tombstone on the table for his trouble. Table does not break! Taker leaves. Doctor Andrews runs out with paramedics.. Stretcher job ensues as they go off the air.

Mr. Nerfect
04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Holy fuck! Sharmell turned on Booker! I thought it was awesome that King Booker put his wife before his win, and a face turn would have really freshened Booker up.

I'm thinking the turn isn't going to be truly awesome, just Sharmell yelling at Booker in the ring after the loss, and asking him to prove himself to her, which is why he attacks Taker later on.

I would have LOVED to have seen a face Booker vs. heel Hardy feud, though. Fuck that would have been awesome. Booker and Hardy's match should have been the first King of the Ring Tournament Match. MVP and Benoit should face off next week in the Tournament, and Benoit should win. Then they should have done heel Matt Hardy vs. Chris Benoit. Fuck, that would have been sweet.

I guess it's all moot, now.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick facing Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms in the wrestling main event? I'm there. I hope they don't have Deuce N' Domino end London & Kendrick's reign. I'd have much rather see either Deuce or Domino get the squash treatment at the hands of Kane, and then William Regal and Dave Taylor come out and watched the tag match. They shouldn't beat London & Kendrick, either, but the match would be much more interesting.

A mixed bag for me, but I will definitely be watching just to see how everyone goes in the ring, and for London & Kendrick's main event.

Fignuts
04-04-2007, 01:36 AM
This actually sounds like a really good show.

Jeritron
04-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I hope Booker goes face against another heel she aligns with. I can just picture it now.

Him in his royal gear with the accent suddenly breaking character and going "Tell me, you didn't just say that..."

Rips off the cape and crown, hits a scissors kick and does a spinarooni. Grabs the mic, "Can you dig THAT suckaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Harlem Heat music hits.

Jeritron marks out.

AdrianM
04-04-2007, 01:56 AM
This actually sounds like a really good show.

El Fangel
04-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I hope Booker goes face against another heel she aligns with. I can just picture it now.

Him in his royal gear with the accent suddenly breaking character and going "Tell me, you didn't just say that..."

Rips off the cape and crown, hits a scissors kick and does a spinarooni. Grabs the mic, "Can you dig THAT suckaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Harlem Heat music hits.

Jeritron and Fallen Angel mark out.

Jeritron
04-04-2007, 02:04 AM
King Booker was good an all, but I'd really love to see that Booker T (suckaaa harlem heat version) main event push complete with a title win that we didn't get in 2003 that we should have. Even if its only transitional or extremely short. Booker is a legend.

dude extreme
04-04-2007, 03:13 AM

:y: now that's extreme.

Corkscrewed
04-04-2007, 03:32 AM
-KANE defeats Dave Taylor in a squash after a brawl outside the ring. Crowd is on fire.
Wow, hope Glen Jacobs doesn't get charged with arson. :shifty:

*crickets chirp*

Actually, it does sound like a great show, especially if the main event is as good as it sounds like.

D Mac
04-04-2007, 05:23 AM

Harlem Heat music hits.

Jeritron and Fallen Angel along with Diesel Mac mark out.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 05:27 AM
I was never too into Booker T, to be honest. I'm not sure how I'd react if he turned back into plain old Booker T. Now that I appreciate the performer more, I might get into him a lot easier. I would love to see a face King, at least for a while.

I hope they have King Booker take the World Heavyweight Championship at Backlash from The Undertaker. Taker will probably retain, but one can dream.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Random Thought: How would you react to King Booker beating The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title at Backlash, then Mr. Kennedy coming out and cashing in his Money in the Bank Title Shot? Booker loses, and Kennedy leaves all cocky and arrogant-like.

We then get Mr. Kennedy feuding with a face Booker T for the summer months over the World Heavyweight Championship.

Theo Dious
04-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Random Thought: How would you react to King Booker beating The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Title at Backlash, then Mr. Kennedy coming out and cashing in his Money in the Bank Title Shot? Booker loses, and Kennedy leaves all cocky and arrogant-like.

Hasn't Booker been pissed on enough?

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah I was at the show second row, behind JBL and Cole.

It was a an amazing show and I marked out like a little bitch for London and Kendrick and the Super Sliced Bread #2.

The Extreme Rules match on ECW was immense as well.

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh FTW, it wasn't Dupree and Conway it was Sylvan and Conway.

Theo Dious
04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow, hope Glen Jacobs doesn't get charged with arson. :shifty:

*crickets chirp*

Seriously though, what kind of smartass uses the phrase "crowd on fire" during a Kane match? Isn't that kind of like saying "colorful crowd" during a Booker T vs Lashley match?

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
If anyone hears someone randomly yelling "KEEEENNNNEEEDDDYYYY" during the Kennedy/Hardy match, that would be me.

And if anyone hears someone yelling "ALL HAIL KING BOOK-AAAHHH" during the Booker/Hardy match, that would be me again.

Splaya
04-04-2007, 12:49 PM

Harlem Heat music hits.

All the TPWW smarks mark out.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
KoOS, your admiration and appreciation for SmackDown! finally payed off, because it sounds like you actually got to see one of the better editions the WWE has put on.

Super Sliced Bread #2? Sounds intriguing.

Just a couple of questions, if you care to answer:

1) How over were London & Kendrick? Did people in the audience besides those with brains care about?

2) How long were the matches, roughly?

3) Just how awesome was the main event?

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
1. Most of the crowd got into them once they got on offense.

2. 8-10 minutes maybe?

3. It was damn good.

Caged Heat18
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm definetely excited to see London/Kendrick v. Helms/Guerrero.

KingofOldSchool
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh and they had to redo the Kennedy/Hardy finish. I missed what happened the first time, but Kennedy looked like he was going to attack Hardy again but then DDTed him and pinned him again.

Oh yeah some kid gave me a free Mr. Kennedy shirt. Yay a free dish towel.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 01:11 PM
1. Most of the crowd got into them once they got on offense.

2. 8-10 minutes maybe?

3. It was damn good.

Thanks man, rep will be coming your way when I've been more of a whore and it lets me give it to you again.

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm definetely excited to see London/Kendrick v. Helms/Guerrero.

:y:

Theo Dious
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Would someone please explain to me why in the bloody fuck Helms and Gurrerro are a tag team now? Didn't Gurrerro just take the CW title from Helms?!?!?!

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Would someone please explain to me why in the bloody fuck Helms and Gurrerro are a tag team now? Didn't Gurrerro just take the CW title from Helms?!?!?!

Technically, yes, but it was Yang who pinned Helms to eliminate him from the match. When Chavo won the belt, Helms had no way of keeping it.

They seem to fit, in my opinion. Not as a classic tag team for the ages (unless they do keep them together), but both are talented heels within the cruiserweight division. I think it would do them good to explain it with some kind of "mutual respect" justification. Gregory Helms was the longest reigning Champion of all-time, and now Chavo has the torch. They could even point out that the WWE Tag Team Championship means more than any petty differences they may have.

If they really wanted to be cerebral (and with the cruiserweights, I doubt it), they could have Helms team with Chavo just to keep his "enemies close".

I'm sure Michael Cole and JBL will at least discuss something of the like on commentary. I can very easily picture JBL rattling off how singles wrestling and tag team wrestling are two different beasts. Chavo and Helms are rivals in singles wrestling, but tonight they have a chance to beat London & Kendrick.

DAMN iNATOR
04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Seriously though, what kind of smartass uses the phrase "crowd on fire" during a Kane match? Isn't that kind of like saying "colorful crowd" during a Booker T vs Lashley match?

...or saying that "the crowd is dead" during a Taker match?:shifty::wtf:

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Or "the crowd is alive," during an Eddie Guerrero/Owen Hart match...

I'm sorry.