PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar vs The Internet

RottingFreak
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
So what is this inside joke I'm not getting? What was it that happened with Brock and the internet? Did he beat up someone? :shifty:

Xero
04-05-2007, 05:21 PM
He said he'd kill everyone using the internet for leaking information, or something to that effect.

hb2k
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeh, there was a meeting once where Vince was telling the wrestlers not to leak information to the sheets or the internet, and Brock stood up for the Vin Man, basically saying that if he saw anybody on the internet, he'd kill them.

Ironically, this wasn't too long before the internet leaked the fact that Brock Lesnar was leaving wrestling for the NFL.

M-A-G
04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Haha, Brock is stupid. *points to sig*

KayfabeMan
04-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually, he didn't know what the internet was.

He thought it's that thing everyone in the company other than HHH was caught in. True story. I was there.

M-A-G
04-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Haha, Brock is stupid.

Fignuts
04-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Um, is there any chance that when he said that, he meant seeing someone in the company leaking info on the internet?

I mean, jus sayin.

Kane Knight
04-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Um, is there any chance that when he said that, he meant seeing someone in the company leaking info on the internet?

I mean, jus sayin.

You don't think? :eek:

hb2k
04-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Actually, no - Chris Jericho actually confirmed it by joking about it on the LAW in the middle of last year when he mentioned how he read about the Orton line about Eddie Guerrero being in hell from an episode Smackdown online, and then followed it up with "Oh my God I was on the internet - BROCK LESNAR'S GONNA KILL ME!"

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeh, there was a meeting once where Vince was telling the wrestlers not to leak information to the sheets or the internet, and Brock stood up for the Vin Man, basically saying that if he saw anybody on the internet, he'd kill them.

The way I understand it, there was a pre-SD meeting where all the wrestlers were at ringside being lectured by Vince about leaking spoilers to the internet. Lesnar, comfortable in his role as Vince's golden boy, said, and I believe this is a near-exact quote, "I'll kill anyone on the internet."
The funny part of this, to me, was that the episode would quickly become a huge internet joke. Much like Brock himself.

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Haha, Brock is stupid. *points to sig*
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/_TheApocalypse_/post-11-1125952943.gif

Dude that is like the best Brock moment ever.

Xero
04-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Right after almost breaking his freakin' neck while wrestling Kurt Freakin' Angle with a broken freakin' neck.

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Brock F5-ed the Big Show with a broken fricken' rib. Just thought I'd put that out there.

M-A-G
04-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Right after almost breaking his freakin' neck while wrestling Kurt Freakin' Angle with a broken freakin' neck.

I still want to ask him what the hell he was thinking one of these days.

Xero
04-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I still want to ask him what the hell he was thinking one of these days.
Well, he obviously can hit it, and it was supposed to be the finish (from what I hear), but so many things were wrong that it all fell apart. Angle was too far away which resulted in him concentrating in getting to Angle more than the rotation.

M-A-G
04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Then why not go to another corner? The lower-right hand one would've been ideal.

Xero
04-06-2007, 05:18 PM
They probably wanted him there for the camera angle, that would be my guess, unless he just wasn't thinking about it. I mean, it's not that easy to measure until you're up there, and once you're up there you've got to go through with it.

hb2k
04-06-2007, 07:23 PM
I always thought it was because he rushed it. If you watch the tape, his body kind of jerks a little before he jumps, he wasn't composed. He should have just calmed down and gone for it.

KayfabeMan
04-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I remember we met Brock once when he was down in Palm Beach, Florida and we were there for the weekend. Man, he was a real empty-headed dude. He had no personality at all, and was just like a cardboard cutout guy. He's alot like Jesus Aguilera.

ddpBANG
04-06-2007, 11:50 PM
and once you're up there you've got to go through with it.
Randy Orton woulda got down and re-adjusted him.

Sid woulda shit his pants.

:shifty:

hb2k
04-07-2007, 09:09 PM
And Gene Snitsky would have stepped down, grabbed the mic and said it wasn't his fault.

M-A-G
04-08-2007, 03:05 AM
I remember we met Brock once when he was down in Palm Beach, Florida and we were there for the weekend. Man, he was a real empty-headed dude. He had no personality at all, and was just like a cardboard cutout guy. He's alot like Jesus Aguilera.

Which makes him a perfect match for Rena Mero.

Xero
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Which makes him a perfect match for <s>Rena Mero</s> Lita.

Savio
04-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Which makes him a perfect match for <s>Rena Mero</s> Lashley.

KayfabeMan
04-08-2007, 08:15 PM
:lol:

Theo Dious
04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Then why not go to another corner? The lower-right hand one would've been ideal.

He was too inexperienced at the time. If he had had more under his belt he would have checked Kurt's position before taking to the ropes; if Kurt wasn't going to get in position, he should have worked him over with a few kicks to persuade him in that direction. Brock was far too green to be expected to lead a finish like that, and if Angle wasn't who he was the end of that match would have been a train wreck from hell. On fire.