PDA

View Full Version : Just watched SmackDown!...

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2007, 03:24 AM
:love:

It truly is the best sports entertainment show in the world. Each match (or non-match) was just awesome. First we got Mr. Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy, and they worked really well together. Some notable spots include a super back body drop by Mr. Kennedy to Hardy, and Jeff counting a kick into a Whisper in the Wind (nothing too scientific, but it flowed really well and was fun to see). Also, I am all for Mr. Kennedy using a DDT as his more bland finishing move. Kenne-DDT? Kenne-DDT!

Chris Benoit worked his magic with The Miz. Say what you want about him, but Mike Mizanin is not all that bad. He's really quite good in the ring, and he's got the right amount of charisma to become something noteworthy. I'm hoping that next week they do Chris Benoit vs. Mike Mizanin in a Steel Cage Match for the United States Championship. For those who don't like The Miz, just imagine Benoit German suplexing Miz into the cage. :drool:

By the way, the cage would be there to keep MVP out. After Benoit retains, he can run in and attack the Rabid Wolverine, continue building heat towards their second match.

Matt Hardy and King Booker worked a great match. I was really digging the Booker/Sharmell angle on SmackDown!. It was Attitude era-style drama. Matt Hardy is a great wrestler. There is no doubt about it. Inside the ring, the guy is just the goods. He seems perfectly comfortable at leading a match if he has to.

Sharmell crying in the back and then slapping Booker was actually quite a powerful moment, in my opinion. She was legitimately crying. She may not be a qualified actor, but that Stanislavskian technique gets the desired result.

Then Kane and Dave Taylor had their non-match. This was really just a brawl. One of the better brawls I have ever seen on WWE television. When you picture brawls, you imagine two guys just trading faked right hands on the floor. Not this brawl. William fucking Regal makes this fucking great, and Kane being the big fuck that he is does holds his own and dishes it back. Great shit from these guys. It was one of the most real looking brawls I've seen on WWE TV. Probably because Regal was daring enough to really Kane to get the desired effect.

Now onto my match...Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms. New attire for London & Kendrick. They were wearing sky blue pants with their initials on the right leg in black. The left leg had what looked to be a new Joker symbol, and the stripes down it were gold. It was a nice babyface look.

The match was great. Fucking great. Not the best ever, but I got into it, and the closing spot was fucking awesome. This was the most over I've ever heard London & Kendrick on WWE TV. Sure, some of it could have been piped in, I guess, but I swear I heard "Let's go, London!" and "Spanky!" chants. That's a step for them.

Next week, I'd have Paul London face Chavo Guerrero for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship next week, and Brian Kendrick team up with Matt Hardy (the remaining half of the WWE Tag Team Champions teaming up with SmackDown!'s half of the World Tag Team Champions) to face Deuce N' Domino. Put Deuce N' Domino over Kendrick and Hardy, giving them shots at both the WWE and World Tag Team Championships at later dates, and have Helms help Guerrero retain the Cruiserweight Championship.

Before you know it, you have a London & Kendrick vs. The Hardys vs. Deuce N' Domino vs. Guerrero & Helms feud on SmackDown! for both sets of Tag Titles. You don't even need to unify them.

The One
04-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Alienoid, do you get paid per word or something?

...Seriously...

El Fangel
04-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Im almost sure he is/ or is stealing stuff from Paul E.

04-06-2007, 06:22 AM
:love:
Kenne-DDT? Kenne-DDT!

:y:

I think Foley said once that the best finishers are the ones out that you can pull out for nowhere. Completely agree, plus, who doesn't love a DDT. Honestly.

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
The pop for London and Kendrick was NOT piped in.

And I was the one that started the "Let's go London!" chants.

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Alienoid, do you get paid per word or something?

...Seriously...

We're getting paid?! :eek:

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
The pop for London and Kendrick was NOT piped in.

And I was the one that started the "Let's go London!" chants.

:y: Good work, man.

I really hope they don't have Deuce N' Domino end London & Kendrick's reign. I have nothing against The Throwbacks from the Other Side of the Tracks, but London & Kendrick are just the best team the WWE has at the moment.

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah but a L&K "chasing the titles" bit would be pretty sweet.

Theo Dious
04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Incidentally I didn't see the show but it does sound phe-freakin-nominal.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah but a L&K "chasing the titles" bit would be pretty sweet.

That's why I'm thinking they'll do it. I just hope they don't forget about London & Kendrick. I much prefer them to be forgotten whilst they hold the WWE Tag Team Championship. It gives them an anchor to the show, and they have a long reign.

The Naitch
04-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Alienoid was high on the chronic

KingofOldSchool
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh God they didn't announce D&D vs. L&K for next week on Smackdown at the tapings Tuesday night.

I have a feeling L&K are dropping the titles next week. :(

El Fangel
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
:(

BigDaddyCool
04-06-2007, 10:01 PM
It was good, not great.

FourFifty
04-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I thought they were moving Matt to Raw, since he is one half of the tag team champs on Raw.

04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Hearing the news of Matt Hardy's "doghouse push," I think they might be setting us up for a Hardy Boys split, then a program with Matt and Jeff, Matt playing heel.

Might be fun. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Oh God they didn't announce D&D vs. L&K for next week on Smackdown at the tapings Tuesday night.

I have a feeling L&K are dropping the titles next week. :(

I think you may be right. :(

Of course, as soon as they start getting over and work their first main event, they lose the Titles.

I can see Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms costing L&K the match. The same result could be achieved by having Chavo & Helms attack the faces, causing the disqualification. That way, Deuce N' Domino also have heat with Chavo & Helms. Fuck, I hope they do that.

Moving the belts onto Deuce N' Domino will probably suck, otherwise.

Chuck Jones
04-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Deuce N' domino should not even be in the ring at this point. Too green and too stiff for WWE Standards.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I remember hearing something about Deuce Shade being good in singles competition. Maybe he was just born to be a singles guy? Domino has actually impressed me, but that is mainly because of his agility. I think both guys have potential, but right now, London & Kendrick are good.

Good > Potential.

Londoner
04-07-2007, 07:20 PM
D&D make me want to turn the channel over, so i can see why WWE wants to put the titles on them now.

FourFifty
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
SmackDown was decent at best... While it was a great show, as SmackDown goes, one thing brought it all down.....

The return of Mark Henry has casts a shadow on the wrestling world..... it's only a matter of time until he's hurting more people.....

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2007, 11:57 PM
My random booking of next week's show:

Paul London & Brian Kendrick open against Deuce N' Domino. The Throwbacks don't get in the ring, though. Domino cuts a promo talking about how Paul London & Brian Kendrick cheated at No Way Out to beat them, and they only have one shot left at the Titles before they have to re-contend, so they want to scout London & Kendrick some more. Deuce brings out two guys who were embarrassed last week, and want to earn back their reputation as two of the toughest men to ever lace boots this week: William Regal & Dave Taylor.

London & Kendrick defeat Regal & Taylor via disqualification in a Non-Title Match when Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms run-in and attack London & Kendrick. Deuce N' Domino get their jollies out of it. Regal & Taylor are pissed off because they lost the match, though, so they start brawling with Guerrero & Helms. London & Kendrick get their shit together and clean house of the heels, and then stare down Deuce N' Domino for the second week while holding the belts up high.

Backstage, Theodore Long says that Deuce N' Domino have the favour of the Board of Directors, so they won't be challenging London & Kendrick until Backlash, but until then London & Kendrick can pick Deuce N' Domino's opponents. Paul London & Brian Kendrick want Deuce N' Domino to face The Hardys on SmackDown! next week.

Theodore Long calls Kristal into his office, and tells her to close the door.

Finlay makes his entrance, and he taps the steps with his shillelagh to signal Hornswoggle into the ring. Mr. Kennedy comes out, introduces himself from the stage, but then introduces his partner...Finlay is pissed off, but Mr. Kennedy reveals to Finlay that Theodore Long never said it would be a Handicap Match, so Mr. Kennedy theorised that he could choose his own partner. He introduces us to MVP........P. Finlay tells Hornswoggle to get under the ring, and he takes on both up-and-comers, but soundly gets defeated. MVP gets the submission victory with his own version of the Crippler Crossface. Porter then gets in the camera and goes "See, Benoit? See what I'm going to do to you?" Mr. Kennedy pulls Hornswoggle out of the ring, and he goes to give him a Lambeau Leap onto Finlay, but Chris Benoit is out, and he cleans house of the heels.

In the back, Mr. Kennedy is being talked to by Josh Mathews ("filling in for Kristal"). Mr. Kennedy tells Benoit to stay out of his business: Mr. Kennedy has a loaded gun in his Money in the Bank title shot, and he sees no reason why he would not be allowed to challenge Chris Benoit if he so wished. Kennedy points out that the United States Championship isn't exactly a World Title, but it's still a prestigious belt. Hell, who knows, maybe Mr. Kennedy has obsessive compulsive disorder, and he feels like he needs to be United States Champion, again? Maybe he has nightmares about how that Title has alluded him since he's lost it. Benoit better stay focused.

Finlay barges into Theodore Long's office as soon as Kristal leaves. He roughs up Long a bit and asked him why he'd subject Hornswoggle to that. Long asks Finlay what he means. Finlay explains to Long what happened, and Teddy apologises and says he was distracted by Kristal. Long makes Finlay & Chris Benoit vs. Mr. Kennedy & MVP next week.

The Boogeyman makes his entrance for a rare SmackDown! appearance. He is squashed by Kane after a Chokeslam. Kane sets off his pyro as JBL talks about how hard it is to beat The Boogeyman, and only Finlay has ever found his weakness, but Kane just charged right through him.

Sharmell is in the back, and she gets a love letter addressed to her by Shannon Moore. The Reject asks her that now she's gotten rid of her King, if he can be her Prince of Punk. She freaks out.

Chris Benoit defeats Mike Mizanin in a Steel Cage Match. Benoit and Miz work some crazy spots, like a German suplex into the cage wall, a powerbomb off the top rope, a moonsault off the cage. Basically The Miz bumps like shit to earn some respect. The finish comes when Chris Benoit goes for a Diving Headbutt off the cage, and The Miz rolls out of the way, and then puts an arm across Benoit. 1-2...Benoit rolls over, traps the arm and applies the Crippler Crossface! The Miz makes it to the ropes, but Benoit refuses to let go, and the referee can't disqualify him, so The Miz is forced to tap out. Mr. Kennedy and MVP attack Benoit after the match, but Finlay comes out for the save. Kennedy and MVP scramble over the cage as Finlay runs around the ring pissed off.

In the main event, The Hardys face The Undertaker & Batista for the World Tag Team Championship. Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy both take their turns being isolated. Batista eventually nails The Undertaker with the World Heavyweight Title belt, however, and Matt Hardy gets a pin on the Dead Man, and a non-title tag team fall over the World Heavyweight Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm really bored, so I didn't really think about what I wrote, and just wrote. It's probably really shit.

FourFifty
04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Sharmell is in the back, and she gets a love letter addressed to her by Shannon Moore. The Reject asks her that now she's gotten rid of her King, if he can be her Prince of Punk. She freaks out.

:lol: Classic!

Fignuts
04-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Matt and Booker had amazing chemistry in there.