PDA

View Full Version : Who sides do you take in the following real feuds?

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Micheals v Hart

Arn v Nash

Flair v Foley

Warrior v Reality

Also, feel free to add in your own.

The One
04-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Michaels

Nash

Foley

Warrior

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I personaly pick:

Micheal, Nash, Flair, Warrior.

The One
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
The only thing I know about the Flair/Foley feud is that Flair said Foley is a glorified stunt man, to which I disagree...other than that, I havn't heard anything else about it.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Michaels, Nash, Foley, Reality. And I picked Foley for that reason above.

IC Champion
04-07-2007, 06:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Micheals v Hart -- Michaels

Arn v Nash -Nash(Biggest Draw in history, how could u side against him)

Flair v Foley - Foley

Warrior v Reality - Warrior

The One
04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Michaels, Nash, Foley, Reality. And I picked Foley for that reason above.

So what's the deal, are you going to be TPWW's Kliq's Justin Credible?

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
So what's the deal, are you going to be TPWW's Kliq's Justin Credible?

Sure, why not. I can go on to have moderate success in a thrid tier promotion and subsequently be buried upon my opportunity to make it big. Be brought back for another opportunity, and be buried, again.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart - Gotta pick Hart. He's overrated as Hell, but still a great wrestler. HBK did "lose his smile" on him. However, Bret should put water under the bridge.

Arn Anderson vs. Kevin Nash - I actually don't know the story here. However, I do like Arn more. Nash is entertaining as Hell when it comes to speaking, but Anderson was the better wrestler.

Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley - I think Foley is a nice guy, personally, so it's easy to take his side. As much as one can respect Ric Flair, you have to find some irony in Flair calling Foley a glorified stunt-man, and than seeing him go out and wrestle a TLC Match with Edge...and then Money in the Bank.

Ultimate Warrior vs. Reality - Reality. If reality had defeated Ultimate Warrior, I may not have to hear so much about him.

weather vane
04-07-2007, 06:11 PM
how about Dynamite/Rougeaus?

Dorkchop
04-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Micheals v Hart

Arn v Nash (Don't know about this feud, but will look it up)

Flair v Foley

Warrior v Reality

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:16 PM
I crammed it into my avatar.

<---- They need to make that space bigger. :mad:

The One
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Sure, why not. I can go on to have moderate success in a thrid tier promotion and subsequently be buried upon my opportunity to make it big. Be brought back for another opportunity, and be buried, again.

Sounds about right. :D Don't worry, you and Steele can form a tag trio with some fat bald dude years from now.

The One
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
On a side note: how could this guy not have gotten over huge!?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/justincredible/04.jpg

:shifty:

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Sounds about right. :D Don't worry, you and Steele can form a tag trio with some fat bald dude years from now.

^ And Main Event a WSX show.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/j/justincredible/04.jpg

Jesus, if only Aldo would have been brought back in his last WWE stint.

The One
04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
It's funny how the Kliq became three very different groups...

Michaels and Hunter had 2 of the greatest WWE careers of anyone ever.

Nash and Hall went on to make a TON of money and be key factors in WCW defeating WWE in ratings.

Waltman and Credible sat on the curtain jerk part of the card for years and only get a chance to Main Event in small regional companies at best.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
It was to make sure they took over all aspects of the card...

...and all aspect of the wrestling world.

The One
04-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I still think TNA should bring in Hall, Waltman, and possibly even Credible...have them just walk around with Nash and a camera...never give any of them matches, just let me fuck around. I swear to god, it would be the best product TNA could hope to put on. (proof of this lies in the fact that Nash's segments on Impact constantly are the only worthwhile highlight of the entire show)

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeh, even though it would be a bit of rehashing, TNA should establish some kind of group consisting of Hall, Waltman, Credible, and Shelley (and maybe one more younger guy in TNA)...it would get Shelley over, boost ratings (even if just the slightest bit), and make for more entertaining television than 99% of what else is going on in wrestling right now.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Shelley (to Dutt) - "What, have you been living under a rock? OR IN INDIA?!?"

The future of wrestling. I swear it.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Micheals v Hart

Arn v Nash

Flair v Foley

Warrior v Reality

Michaels
Nash
Flair
Warrior

The MAC
04-07-2007, 06:38 PM
id like to know how u could pick michaels side.He made the feud with Hart go to the extremes it did(losing his smile,sunny days, screwjob,refusing to return job which he owed Hart,being an asshole that only he can be)

M-A-G
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Micheals v Hart: Bret. Easily

Arn v Nash: Arn

Flair v Foley: This really isn't much of a fued especially since they've worked things out.

Warrior v Reality: As much of a bitch Reality can be, Warrior is a bigger one.

Mercury Bullet
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Hart was a "wank" (Source: Triple H).

The One
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
id like to know how u could pick michaels side.He made the feud with Hart go to the extremes it did(losing his smile,sunny days, screwjob,refusing to return job which he owed Hart,being an asshole that only he can be)

1) Ever consider that maybe, just maybe, Michaels really did have a knee injury during the "losing his smile" time? No you didn't, cause you're hell bent on making Michaels out to be an asshole.

2) Could it be possibly that God's only son Bret Hart maybe did sleep with Sunny? And not that an eye for an eye is a good argument, but Bret started it by making his dumb gay jokes for HBK appearing in Playgirl.

3) Screwjob = Bret Screwed Bret.

4) Michaels didn't OWE Bret a return job, that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. If you lay down for someone they have to do it back...fuck no.

5) Being an asshole like only he can be...yeah I suppose so. But it's damn sure better than Mr. Chip on his shoulder, always had a bitch, whinning, moaning, complaining, bitching, over rated, bitter than Michaels was always better, Bret Hart.

M-A-G
04-07-2007, 06:54 PM
1) Ever consider that maybe, just maybe, Michaels really did have a knee injury during the "losing his smile" time? No you didn't, cause you're hell bent on making Michaels out to be an asshole.

Except that he didn't have an injury.

2) Could it be possibly that God's only son Bret Hart maybe did sleep with Sunny? And not that an eye for an eye is a good argument, but Bret started it by making his dumb gay jokes for HBK appearing in Playgirl.

Could it be possible that he didn't???

So breaking your word and forming an inside plan based on paranoia constitutes the other guy screwing himself?

4) Michaels didn't OWE Bret a return job, that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. If you lay down for someone they have to do it back...fuck no.

Except that he was supposed to job to Bret at WM 13.

5) Being an asshole like only he can be...yeah I suppose so. But it's damn sure better than Mr. Chip on his shoulder, always had a bitch, whinning, moaning, complaining, bitching, over rated, bitter than Michaels was always better, Bret Hart.

I'd like to think that getting f*cked over by a company you were loyal to for 14 years allows you some right to be a tad inconvenienced. Have you ever heard Bret speak when he's NOT harrassed about Montreal? It's quite the non-bitchy experience.

The One
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
The only reason Michaels is so villified in this feud and Hart is so admired is because Meltzer has had a hard on for Bret since...well...forever. And since the only people who are bigger sheep than marks are internet smarks, they fallow the official source for IWC's opinion: Dave "I'm the end all be all of wrestling opinion" Meltzer.

The One
04-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Except that he didn't have an injury.

Actually he DID have an injury. It should also be noted that it was during this time that WCW was throwing HUGE contracts in Michaels face asking him to sign, and while Bret is so glorified for sticking with the company, Michaels did it too.

Could it be possible that he didn't???

How delughtful that you know for a fact all of Bret Hart's bed mates, did he tell you the complete list before or after you swallowed his cum?

So breaking your word and forming an inside plan based on paranoia constitutes the other guy screwing himself?

Bret Hart didn't want to job to Michaels. McMahon wanted him to job to Michaels. McMahon is a paranoid man, and given his history of wrestlers jumping ship and dumping titles in the trash, not to mention how much shit he gets for letting Jeff Jarrett's contract run up while he was Champ, I have NEVER understood why Bret warrents some super special "Oh you no longer under contract, but sure, you hang on to the belt, and let's hope you show up tomorrow and drop the belt despite the fact you're refusing to right now" treatment. Besides, Bret reused to job, McMahon made the choice, and it was HHH's plan. Michaels went along with it, and tell me you wouldn't have gone along with it as well if the guy who had been a total dick to you for years was in a position where your BOSS was telling you do this...

Except that he was supposed to job to Bret at WM 13.

This has never been confirmed. It's a rumor. And by the way, Michaels DID have a knee injury so we already covered this. Either Michaels was legit injured, or he hated Hart so much he would rather drop the belt, not wrestle for a few months (all the while missing out on % of PPV buys, including WrestleMania and a certain drop in merch sales), fake the entire world out, and continue to deny WCW Million dollar contracts...just so he didn't have to lay down for Bret? Come on.

I'd like to think that getting f*cked over by a company you were loyal to for 14 years allows you some right to be a tad inconvenienced. Have you ever heard Bret speak when he's NOT harrassed about Montreal? It's quite the non-bitchy experience.

Hart bitched and moaned long before Montreal, and he does it still above dozen of topics. Bret is a generally very bitter and disgrunted individual. This is my opinion of him based on what I've heard other wrestlers say, based on what I've read over the internets, and based on the fact that I've met him in person more than once and every time he carried with him a giant "I'm pissed off at the world" sign over his head.

04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
The entire Bret Hart screwjob falls down to one fact, and ONE fact alone. It has nothing to do with thefact that Michaels was a massive whining jerk at the time. It has nothing to do with Shawn Michaels not wanting to do the job.

It DOES have to do with Bret wanting to let his contract expire while the belt was still on him. When you get ready to leave the company, you DO THE HONORS on the way out, no matter WHO it is. You show the company respect. Vince had NO choice as a 'businessman.' It has nothing to do with personal emotion. You don't put your own business, title history, and exposure at risk like that.

Theo Dious
04-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Micheals v Hart: Michaels. Because Hart was the only one who saw the situation as it was, and could have stopped it by swallowing his pride, and didn't.

Arn v Nash
Would someone please explain this one?

Flair v Foley
Meh, they both had valid points and I think this whole business was seriously overblown.

Warrior v Reality
Warrior and his destrucity beat Reality every time.

Here's one that I'm surprised I haven't seen: Flair vs Rhodes

Skippord
04-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Michaels
Arn
Foley
Reality

Skippord
04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
BTW I've never heard of the Arn Nash feud I just said Arn because he is the man

NeanderCarl
04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
A few points on this thread:

The only reason Shawn Michaels didn't go to WCW was because WWF point blank refused to release him from his iron-clad multi-year contract on the several occasions he requested them to. Loyalty had nothing to do with it. Bret chose to remain with WWF when he was a free agent and had the choice. Shawn preferred to up and leave when he was under contract and did NOT have that option. Bet he's glad he stayed today, though.

As far as the Bret/Shawn feud. I side with Bret during the feud, but Shawn has at least been the bigger man in the time since by letting it go (for the most part). Shawn was always a dick back then, and Bret was one of the only guys with enough clout to stand up to him. Maybe Bret did have a few skeletons in his closet, does that mean that they should be broadcast to the world? Shawn was definitely a prick, but Bret kicked his ass in June 1997. That should have been closure enough for 'The Hitman'.

Shawn Michaels did have a legit knee injury at the time he 'lost his smile'. It was, however, the same knee injury he had been carrying for most of 1996 was never the "career threatening" injury he made out. He would have been no more unable to work WrestleMania than he had been able to work matches during the previous 6 months. It was all-too-convenient that he decided he needed surgery just before he was due to lose the title to Bret.

Even though I believe Arn Anderson has contributed more to the business, worked harder and put on better matches than Kevin Nash, I gotta side with Nash as far as that feud goes. Arn should have taken the whole retirement parody with a pinch of salt, but by refusing to take a joke and taking himself so seriously, he made himself look an ass. Okay, maybe it was in bad taste to a degree, but the heat was definitely supposed to be on Nash in that segment. He didn't try to make Arn look like a dick, he tried to make HIMSELF look like a dick. Arn should have lightened up a little.

Flair had a lot of audacity taking shots at Foley, who went on to become a success and a millionaire in spite of Flair's booking of him in WCW. I think Flair lost face when Foley was a success due to the fact he had declared him a wheelchair case waiting to happen. Both sides should shoulder some blame, but I think Flair (a man who APPARENTLY only won the NWA World title to begin with because his territory were worried he was killing business with his same-match-every-night routine) was out of line knocking Foley's ability. He should just ask his 'best buddy' Triple H where HE would be without Foley going all out in putting him over in early 2000.

As for Dynamite Kid, there's another jerk, a bully, a man who took great pleasure and pride in making people's lives a misery... from time to time, bullies get beaten up. I'm glad the Rougeaus knocked his face off.

And finally, Flair/Rhodes didn't seem to have a lot of hatred during their 'love in' at the Hall of Fame. I think it was mostly to do with Rhodes' jealousy at Flair's worth to JCP/WCW, putting Rhodes in the wrong. Whatever it was, at least they seem to respect and like each other nowadays.

James Steele
04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Micheals v Hart

Arn v Nash

Flair v Foley

Warrior v Reality

James Steele
04-07-2007, 10:52 PM

:rant:

James Steele
04-07-2007, 10:54 PM

:love::love::love::love::love:

James Steele
04-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I am glad there are a few people who don't suck the "SMARKJUICE" out of a pink spandex covered hose.

Ben Rodrigues
04-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Hart over Michaels - even though Michaels has always been my favourite wrestler - after I got over the red and yellow.

Mr. JL
04-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Hart

Nash

Foley

Reality

Mr. JL
04-08-2007, 05:24 AM
M-A-G IS DA MAN

BigDaddyCool
04-08-2007, 08:39 AM
From what I understand with the Flair v Foley thing, Flair is pissed that Foley spit on and through down the tagteam belts on ECW. It honestly doesn't matter that it was good for ECW, it makes WCW look bad. And WCW can make itself look bad wthout any help. Also, Foley is a glorified stuntman that can write really well.

Avenger
04-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Look HBK will always win out over Bret in that feud. I always notice that any arguments that anyone has in favour of Bret are DAVE MELTZER'S WORDS!

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2007, 08:57 AM
What about real life feuds such as...

Austin/Jarrett
Hardy/Edge
Lesnar/Internet
Douglas/Everyone

BigDaddyCool
04-08-2007, 10:41 AM

Austin/Jarrett
Hardy/Edge
Lesnar/Internet
Douglas/Everyone

Austin - Jarrett is a spoiled prick that should only be a midcarder

Edge - Um, who hasn't banged Lita? So why is he mad at just Edge?

Internet - I'm on the internet and Brock is an ungrateful bastard

Everyone - Shane Douglas is an ass.

Chuck Jones
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Hart, Arn, Foley, Reality

The One
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM

Austin/Jarrett
Hardy/Edge
Lesnar/Internet
Douglas/Everyone

Jarrett - I think he was ready for a Main Event run at the time.

Hardy - And truthfully, it seems like he's completely gotten over it. :y:

Internet - Freedom of information bitch.

Everyone - As much as I LOVED the Franchise character, he really is that pissed off at everyone...usually for the dumbest shit too...

The MAC
04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I love how people try to make bret hart look like the reason for the feud. He stood his ground. They had to use underhanded moves to get the best of him.

XL
04-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I think that a lot of the heat HBK receives over the screwjob is due to him denying all knowledge at the time.

If you can justify it by saying 2HArt was gonna leave and take the belt with him" then why not come straight out and just say "Yeah, i screwed you. I was told by my boss to do it. You know, the guy that puts money in my back pocket and feeds my family."

He should just have admitted it there and then.

Savio
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Hart

Nash

Foley

Warrior

Hogan v HHH - HHH

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Tbh, I don't know who to side with in Hart vs Michaels. Bottom line is Michaels may have been an arrogant egomaniac who threw his weight around. But he gets a bad rap for this whole thing. Bret's a miserable asshole too. I side with Michaels just because the things Bret expected and can't get over are so absurd. He's just a miserable bastard and was before the whole screwjob anyways.

Nash. End of story.

Foley. As much as I respect Flair, I think he's a moron for that whole thing. Seems to be a very pointless statement. I think it's also very loaded as well. Maybe it has to do with the fact that Mick Foley was outrating him every week and becoming a bigger figure in the industry and public eye than "The Man". I don't know why he had so much resentment towards Mick but a lot of it seems to me to be jealousy rooted.
Not to mention everything he said is wrong. Very narrow minded statement. Flair just doesn't like him because he's not a ground based, 80s style technical mat rassler. A glorified stuntman? What's he mean by that anyways? Wouldn't you be able to pull that spin on any and all wrestlers. I mean, if he's getting at Mick being famous for big spots, he's all wrong because a lot more goes into wrestling than that.
Mick Foley is an amazing performer and talent, and has had great matches based on more than just spots or reliance on hardcore aspects. He can make other look good, he has had some of the most gripping and entertaining fueds of all time. Not to mention he's probably one of the best if not the best promo cutters of all time, bar non, in wrestling.
So tbh, I think Flair made an asshole out of himself with that whole situation. And for HHH to side with him, didn't see him having a problem with Mick when he came along and turned a floundering first run champion into a major player with one fued. Or when he took a floundering midcard "blueblood" and stepped him onto the uppercard with a series of matches.

Mercury Bullet
04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Jarrett over Austin. Hardy over Edge. Internet over Lesnar. Everyone over Douglas.

Mercury Bullet
04-08-2007, 04:22 PM
...and Triple H over Hogan.

Jeritron
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
what was the HHH/Hogan beef again?

p.s Everyone over Hogan. The guys a lunatic. The only person I'll agree with Hogan over is Warrior.

The One
04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Warrior's shit > Hogan.

Destor
04-08-2007, 06:56 PM
The One owns this topic. Except that Foley is just a glorified stunt man and is only as good as .0000001% of Ric Flairs worst match.

The One
04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Flair >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Foley

Still, I can't help but think that Flair really sold Foley short. Foley isn't the best wrestler in the world, but he's a talented worker with a damn fine sense of psychology.

Destor
04-08-2007, 07:04 PM
And instead of using his mind to get the people to remember him he did it the cheap way. Instead of using the talents he had he did it in the laziest way he could, bumping hard. Does he have great psychology? Hell yeah. One of the most intelligent people the business has ever seen. It's unfortunate that he only realized this after he made his name destroying his body. Too little too late. Had Foley not been a dumb fuck he'd still be in the ring putting on some of the best "thinking man's wrestling matches" that we've ever seen. Why isn't he? Cause he spent his career as a glorified stunt man.

Zen v.W.o.
04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
The only reason Michaels is so villified in this feud and Hart is so admired is because Meltzer has had a hard on for Bret since...well...forever. And since the only people who are bigger sheep than marks are internet smarks, they fallow the official source for IWC's opinion: Dave "I'm the end all be all of wrestling opinion" Meltzer.

Man, you gotta realize what went down then. He may have had a minor injury, but the guy was bouncing around and dancing all over the place before Mania, and during Mania, and after Mania. Yeah, some major injury there. Bret even called him phoney at Mania, in what I felt was a legit shoot comment.

Shawn was an ass, making up BS. Sunny for one stated that she and Bret never fucked. She simply flirted around with him, as they were close friends.
If Sunny says it, she has no reason to lie. No wonder Bret got angry enough to wanna beat the shit out of the boy toy.

HBK had problems doing business with anyone he didnt like, or whenever he couldnt benefit from doing so. HBK screws Bret cuz he could benefit from doing so, whereas Bret while main eventing would work with the lower card guys and give them great matches and big time rubs.
HBK would trash everyone, such as the rock, and not want to job to fucking Austin, yet Bret calls out Austin as the next big thing, and he helps the rock out and works to share with him his knowledge. There's a difference between the two. Bret did work damn hard to help the company as a whole. HBK worked fucking hard backstage to help himself. He refused to job to Davey for a euro title match, that Davey was dedicating to his ill sister. And when HBK won that title, he made it look like shit, when all those months before guys like Davey and Owen and others worked fucking hard to make that belt matter. HBK was a piece of shit, he lied constantly, and was never good at hiding it.

Oh yeah, HBK was supposed to work the Canadian Stampede ten man tag match, but he couldnt take siding with the losing team. My goodness.:nono:

How many titles has HBK dropped outright without being pinned or losing to another opponent cleanly? Fucking hell, he mostly would just forfeit them.

As for the screwjob, goes back to what I was saying before. HBK did what his boss told him to do this time cuz he got to benefit from it. So many times HBK would be a pain in the ass and just refuse to do something when things didnt go his way. Now HBK said he was just doing his job, the boss tells you to do something, you do it. Oh really then?? So why did you never give a shit about that before, eh HBK? Oh yea...he wasnt benefitting.
Fuck that hypocrite.

Great talent, someone I enjoy watching on tv, and I'd never take anything away from him there, but the guy was a bitch. Says alot when most guys in the business respected Bret and didnt Shawn.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 07:24 PM
And instead of using his mind to get the people to remember him he did it the cheap way. Instead of using the talents he had he did it in the laziest way he could, bumping hard. Does he have great psychology? Hell yeah. One of the most intelligent people the business has ever seen. It's unfortunate that he only realized this after he made his name destroying his body. Too little too late. Had Foley not been a dumb fuck he'd still be in the ring putting on some of the best "thinking man's wrestling matches" that we've ever seen. Why isn't he? Cause he spent his career as a glorified stunt man.
Do you think that he ever would have gotten noticed if he hadnt done the hardcore bumps

Destor
04-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Maybe. Others have. If Foley really does have great psychology then I don't see why he couldn't. Besides "well it's ok, he sucks otherwise." Only strengthens Flairs argument.

Skippord
04-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I mean because he didnt exactly fit the mold of a wrestler, and it isnt like Vince always picks people who have great psychology

Destor
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I mean because he didnt exactly fit the mold of a wrestler, and it isnt like Vince always picks people who have great psychologyI don't really see what you're arguing. Agreeing with and saying no he couldn't only perpetuates the idea thats he sucks.

Put I'm sure he would've made it to the dance. Yeah, in the ring minus the bump he's not all that. But what he can do with or with out the bumps is talk. he is with out a doubt one of the best talkers of all time, and that would've gotten him a job anywhere.

Plus the charisma.

So yeah, I think he could've done it with out all that hardcore jazz.

Avenger
04-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Austin/Jarrett
Hardy/Edge
Lesnar/Internet
Douglas/EveryoneJarrett

Edge

Internet

Everyone lol

Theo Dious
04-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Austin - Nothing Jarrett has done has convinced me that reaching the main event earlier would have been good for him

Hardy - Whiny bitch though Hardy may have been, you do NOT sleep with another man's woman.

Lesnar - I'm only saying this because I don't want him to kill me.

Everyone - Douglas is a douche and is always wrong

The Naitch
04-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Michaels

Nash

Flair

Reality

James Steele
04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
WILL PEOPLE PLEASE PULL BRET HART'S DICK OUT OF THEIR ASS?!!?!?

Xero
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Is Bret's dick so long that it goes through every Hart Mark in the world?

Skippord
04-08-2007, 11:35 PM
I don't really see what you're arguing. Agreeing with and saying no he couldn't only perpetuates the idea thats he sucks.

Put I'm sure he would've made it to the dance. Yeah, in the ring minus the bump he's not all that. But what he can do with or with out the bumps is talk. he is with out a doubt one of the best talkers of all time, and that would've gotten him a job anywhere.

Plus the charisma.

So yeah, I think he could've done it with out all that hardcore jazz.
Well Played old man

Theo Dious
04-09-2007, 07:32 AM
WILL PEOPLE PLEASE PULL THEIR DICKS OUT OF BRET HART'S ASS?!!?!?

Fixed.

Kane Knight
04-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Micheals v Hart

Arn v Nash

Flair v Foley

Warrior v Reality

Hart. Yeah, yeah, I know. OMGWTFBRETSCREWEDBRETFUCKINGMELTZERDROOOOOOOL...

Face it. Neither Michaels nor McMahon's conduct were fitting, and Vince would have wet himself had someone gone back on an agreement or understanding. See, later, Austin. Vicne and Michaels both, in the words reiterated about Austin, "took their balls and went home."

I know people will say Bret can't let it go, or whatever, and to them, I direct them to my comment on the Warrior feud below.

Nash.

Foley.

Warrior. Never let reality get in the way of an argument.

Austin/Jarrett
Hardy/Edge
Lesnar/Internet
Douglas/Everyone

Jarrett.
Well, I want to side with Matt, because nobody should get fired for their girlfriend banging someone else. But really, this whole thing is pretty stupid. So neither, really.
Lesnar. I mean, come on. All he's doing is protecting the business. :shifty:
Everyone.

BigDaddyCool
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
This is why I picked Flair over Foley.

1) The reason I mentioned above. Context or not, don't spit on and throw down a title for the company you are working for to help another company. It it like saying you agree with Hitler, the context becomes moot. Plus fuck ECW.

2) Foley is becoming a bitch.

3) Foley did work like a glorified stunt man, and he is best remembered for killing himself: Hell in a Cell, jumping off a roof, and Rock beating him stupid with a chair.

4) Foley is a dumbass Democrat.

On a different note, what is this about Hogan and HHH having heat?

AdrianM
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Michaels

Nash

Foley

Reality...

The MAC
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
The people who are siding with Bret Hart in this thread are presenting evidence to back their opinions up. The michaels fans are just stating their opinions and predigious.

If you hate Bret,fine, but at least have the common sense to see right from wrong. If you don't have it, fake it for a little while and say something like " personally I don't like Bret Hart but interms of his real life feud with Michaels Hart in the right.

If you can't do that then go fucking hang yourself.

Road Warrior
04-09-2007, 04:13 PM
WILL PEOPLE PLEASE PULL BRET HART'S DICK OUT OF THEIR ASS?!!?!?
AS SOON AS YOU AND THE OTHER HALF PULL HBK'S DICK OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!!

Xero
04-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Are Christians allowed to get blowjobs?

04-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I'll clarify something here...

I'll side with Bret UP UNTIL the Montreal screwjob. Sure, maybe he felt the need to stand up for himself, who knows. But the simple fact of the matter was that HE WAS LEAVING THE COMPANY, AND STILL HAD THE BELT.

The reason he gave for not wanting to do the honors on the way out the door was bullshit. Not wanting to lose in Canada? Give me a break. I don't blame Vince for what he did, because the screwjob is FAR outside the Michaels/Hart fued. It's business, and he had to do it to protect his business.

:y:

Road Warrior
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Are Christians allowed to get blowjobs?
Before they become "born again" .

Destor
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Are Christians allowed to get blowjobs?As long as it's your wife...

Destor
04-09-2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah you drop the belt when you're on your way out. PERIOD. Go be a bitch on someone elses dollar, I'm gonna get that belt.

Destor
04-09-2007, 04:24 PM
YOU KNOW?

St. Jimmy
04-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Hart v. Michaels: Michaels.
Anderson v. Nash: Nash.
Flair v. Foley: Foley.
Warrior v. Reality: Reality.

Triple H v. Hogan: Triple H
Austin v. Jarrett: Austin
Edge v. Hardy: Edge
Lesnar v. Internet: INTERWUBS.
Douglas v. Everyone: Everyone.

I ask you this one:
Gays v. Warrior

The MAC
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
just one thing abt montreal : you blaming bret ? why? Blame Vince he told Bret its fine you can leave montreal anyway you want. then he went back on his word. How is that Bret's fault ?

you fuckers have been tossing michaels salad for so long you can tell the difference betwen shit and the jello

Destor
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
How is it Bret fault? Bret is one that couldn't be talked out of not dropping the title. Something he should have never even wanted.

NeanderCarl
04-10-2007, 02:53 AM
Bret never refused to drop the title. He just refused to drop the title in Canada. At one point, he apparently even agreed to drop the belt to Michaels. Just not in Canada.

Even though I side with Hart (for the most part) in that feud, the "won't lose in Canada" argument is a pile of shit. Does that mean Cena shouldn't drop the title in the U.S. because he's an American? Bollocks to that.

Jarrett was in no way ready for a main event feud in 1999. Hell, he's not a main eventer NOW, 8 years later, despite several World titles and numourous main event pushes in several companies. He's a solid mid card heel, but nothing more. A feud with Austin would only have dragged Austin down.

Although, thinking about it, it may have been interesting to see Austin have a short program with Jarrett during his "woman beater" stage (Jarrett's, not Austin's :lol: ) rather than ANOTHER installment in the Austin/Undertaker never-ending feud.

NeanderCarl
04-10-2007, 03:00 AM
As for Foley, without the big bumps, he was just a great talker with a bad look.

Great talkers with bad looks become WWE managers, not WWE Superstars.

The big bumping style also ushered in a more hard-hitting, less hokey style which fuelled WWF Attitude. Without Foley, and the hardcore injection he and The Undertaker provided in 1996, I think there would have been no Attitude era, or at least it would have been tamer. Foley wasn't an innovator, but he redefined the brawling style.

And, as someone pointed out, Flair calling Foley a "glorified stuntman" is the pot calling the kettle black, as surely ALL wrestlers could be labelled as such... and it becomes all the more hypocritcal having watched Flair rolling around in thumbtacks on ECW and in Hardcore matches last year.

Fuck Flair. For a great in-ring performer, he can be quite the dick himself. He's one of my favourite characters and wrestlers of all time, but Richard Fliehr is an arrogant, jealous mark-for-himself jackass. And if I have to hear him refer to Triple H as "the greatest wrestler alive today" one more time, I may have to find him and kill him. And I don't mean on-screen either... he apparently parades this self-serving, ass-kissing "belief" to anyone who will listen backstage, to the media... maybe even to himself in the mirror, I don't know.

The MAC
04-10-2007, 03:45 AM
pssh!everyone knows Miz is the greatest wrestler Naitch!

darkpower
04-10-2007, 06:51 AM
One thing that I will agree with on the side of Michaels is that Meltzer is a fucktard who not only is so biased that he should work on the Fox Noise Channel (thank you, Olbermann), but whenever something is discovered that is considered news, he MUST take ALL credit (according to something I read a LONG time ago. Might still ring true today).

One of the main reasons why that Hart vs. Michaels thing is still going on is because of Vince, though. Think of it. EVERY SINGLE TIME an event in Montreal is held, they HAVE to bring it up at SOME POINT in the show. They find SOME way to sneak it in. It could even be something like this:

JR: Man, I just let out the worst fart ever. Should've rubbed that BBQ sauce instead of eating it.
KING: For God sakes, JR! That smells worse than what happened here in 1997. Remember that?
JR: Of course. Bret got screwed by Shawn and Vince big time at Survivor Series of that year.

Theo Dious
04-10-2007, 09:01 AM
One of the main reasons why that Hart vs. Michaels thing is still going on is because of Vince, though.

An you expect him to ignore it when the entire crowd chants "You screwed Bret" every time they're given the slightest provocation?

darkpower
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
An you expect him to ignore it when the entire crowd chants "You screwed Bret" every time they're given the slightest provocation?

If you keep giving them the bait/take the bait, they are going to add the fuel. Basically saying, YES!!! Don't give them that luxury, and they will eventually SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!

Theo Dious
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
By "slightest provocation" I meant "showing up." Basically, Vince McMahon or Shawn Michaels showing their faces, or any heel winning in a less than clean manner with a submission move can be seen as provocation to the Montreal crowds.
BTW, does anyone else think that some half the crowd at live events in Montreal either don't remember or barely remember the screwjob, and just chant "you screwed Bret" because it's the cool Montreal thing to do?

darkpower
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
By "slightest provocation" I meant "showing up." Basically, Vince McMahon or Shawn Michaels showing their faces, or any heel winning in a less than clean manner with a submission move can be seen as provocation to the Montreal crowds.
BTW, does anyone else think that some half the crowd at live events in Montreal either don't remember or barely remember the screwjob, and just chant "you screwed Bret" because it's the cool Montreal thing to do?

Still, if they show up, and they say something to the effect, then it will continue. Again, if you don't say anything about it when they start on that, they will eventually begin to phase out. But Vince has NEVER let it phase out because they never SHUT UP ABOUT IT when they start that shit.

Oh, and I think they DO know about it because we never stop hearing about it. Shawn's book has a whole CHAPTER devoted to Montreal. Remember the Highlight Reel when they were there in 2003 and Jericho had the show devoted to it and actually showed clips of it. It was on WWE 24/7 at one point because of it. It's obviously on YouTube. They detail it anytime it's brought up when in the Belle Centre. C'mon, you don't think they know about it. The WWE is making absolute certain that everyone knows about it and is able to form an absolute opinion about it.

Theo Dious
04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh, and I think they DO know about it because we never stop hearing about it. Shawn's book has a whole CHAPTER devoted to Montreal. Remember the Highlight Reel when they were there in 2003 and Jericho had the show devoted to it and actually showed clips of it. It was on WWE 24/7 at one point because of it. It's obviously on YouTube. They detail it anytime it's brought up when in the Belle Centre. C'mon, you don't think they know about it. The WWE is making absolute certain that everyone knows about it and is able to form an absolute opinion about it.

I think that everybody knows that something happened, but I don't think that your average 12-18 year old fan who shows up to drool over Cena has a real grasp of the situation. I also wonder how many people out there think it was a work. I've explained the situation to people only to get the reaction "What, you believe that? Don't you know that that stuff is all fake?"

And incidentally, Vince has no real reason to not mention it. It's instant heat, and booking a show around it assures that you're going to get the reaction you want. If you're in Montreal and happen to be Vince McMahon or Shawn Michaels, you might as well go with the guaranteed reaction. I still don't think the crowd would refrain if Vince did, but as long as he has a definite reaction, Vince is going to use it.

The One
04-11-2007, 11:57 AM
The people who are siding with Bret Hart in this thread are presenting evidence to back their opinions up. The michaels fans are just stating their opinions and predigious.

If you hate Bret,fine, but at least have the common sense to see right from wrong. If you don't have it, fake it for a little while and say something like " personally I don't like Bret Hart but interms of his real life feud with Michaels Hart in the right.

If you can't do that then go fucking hang yourself.

Fine, let's play the fact game.

FACT

Bret Hart was the first person to make "shoot_style" comments on television when he implied that Shawn Michaels was a closet homosexual due to his appearing in Playgirl...Michaels responded with implying that Bret slept with Sunny.

OPINION

Bret could have slept with Sunny. They were both VERY flirty with one another, and it's certainly not unheard of for afairs to begin in the work place.

FACT

Bret Hart was the first person to make this a physical rivalry when after the Sunny comment he attacked Shawn backstage. (FYI: This was the first time Shawn ever asked for his release from the company, and it was due entirly to Bret Hart's physical attack of him)

FACT

Bret Hart was upset at the way WrestleMania XII was built up...with Shawn training and getting time off and looking like a million bucks in the videos as opposed to Bret getting school by his dad in the videos. Now this is where the feud really began to pick up, however, despite the end product not being to Bret's standards of what he wanted, it was Bret's idea to show him training with his father. Each man was given a certain amount of freedom to build up to Mania how they wished, somehow, the fact that Shawn came out looking better in the video packages was Shawn's fault.

OPINION

So you could say, (and it's certainly my opinion) that Bret's whinny attitude actually started this feud.

FACT

Bret wouldn't allow Michaels to win the title or score the pinfall in the hour allowed. They had to come up with the overtime scenario because Bret refused to lay down or tap in the first hour.

FACT

Bret was supposed to shake Michaels hand after the match, he did not. Michaels then told Bret to "Get the fuck out of my ring."

FACT

Bret Hart seriously considered leaving WWE for WCW in 1996 due to WCW offering a lot more money. Shawn Michaels only considered leaving for WCW when Bret attacked him backstage as perviously stated.

OPINION

Bret Hart is praised and glorified for sticking with WWE why? He pushed and waited until the eleventh hour before deciding to stick with WWE. Michaels only wanted to leave when a man assulted him backstage. Sound like maybe, just maybe, Shawn was a little more loyal, but that's just my opinion.

HBK FACT

Shawn Michaels did have a knee injury which is why he vacated the title. Again, I've already stated this in this very thread, however I will do it again, because of this, Michaels lost on on hundreds of thousands of dollars in WrestleMania Main Event pay days, in his merch sales dropping, in even weekly apperances. In order for the "He didn't want to job to Bret" thing to be true, you'd have to assume that he was willing to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars down the drain, just to avoid giving him the 1-2-3. But, as I've already stated, he had a knee injury, one that a doctor told him if he pushed it any further than he had, he may never walk again...by the way, it has NEVER been confirmed that the original intended Mania 13 M.E. was going to be a rematch.

OPINION

Infact, if it were true that Bret was supposed to win the title at Mania 13, doesn't anyone find it odd that he wasn't even involved with the Title match at Mania? But I suppose Meltzer making up excuses for how even Michaels being injured was a stab at Bret is good enough for a lot of you...

FACT

Bret Hart was told by WWE's Owner Vince McMahon to drop the WWE Championship to Shawn Michaels on November 9, 1997. He refused.

OPINION

And that's where the last bit of this feud ends. I've said it so many times before, Bret Screwed Bret. Hart had creative control over his character. That means that Vince couldn't make Bret dress in drag on TV if Bret didn't want that. It does NOT mean that if he's champion he gets to hold the belt for ransom. Bret Hart's contract was going to expire. He was refusing to lay down for Shawn. He came up with an idea where he'd forfit the title on the next RAW (yeah, nothing like sending a guy off to the rival company with a W over your other top guy) or that he would drop the belt a few weeks later once they were out of Canada (and Bret, despite refusing to drop the title to Shawn here, should be trusted to drop the title to Shawn there...AFTER his contract has run out and he could appear on WCW television and throw it in the trash...) But let's assume Bret is some horrible victim in this scenario. Well, we've all since learned, it was HHH's idea, and Vince said to do it. Michaels was the only man who did what his boss told him to do that night.

Enjoy the facts.

TK http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6520/kliqhandxg5.jpg

Theo Dious
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
A whole bunch of well put together stuff I never thought of before.

You, sir, are my new Lord. :love:

BigDaddyCool
04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Fine, let's play the fact game.

FACT

Bret Hart was the first person to make "shoot_style" comments on television when he implied that Shawn Michaels was a closet homosexual due to his appearing in Playgirl...Michaels responded with implying that Bret slept with Sunny.

OPINION

Bret could have slept with Sunny. They were both VERY flirty with one another, and it's certainly not unheard of for afairs to begin in the work place.

FACT

Bret Hart was the first person to make this a physical rivalry when after the Sunny comment he attacked Shawn backstage. (FYI: This was the first time Shawn ever asked for his release from the company, and it was due entirly to Bret Hart's physical attack of him)

FACT

Bret Hart was upset at the way WrestleMania XII was built up...with Shawn training and getting time off and looking like a million bucks in the videos as opposed to Bret getting school by his dad in the videos. Now this is where the feud really began to pick up, however, despite the end product not being to Bret's standards of what he wanted, it was Bret's idea to show him training with his father. Each man was given a certain amount of freedom to build up to Mania how they wished, somehow, the fact that Shawn came out looking better in the video packages was Shawn's fault.

OPINION

So you could say, (and it's certainly my opinion) that Bret's whinny attitude actually started this feud.

FACT

Bret wouldn't allow Michaels to win the title or score the pinfall in the hour allowed. They had to come up with the overtime scenario because Bret refused to lay down or tap in the first hour.

FACT

Bret was supposed to shake Michaels hand after the match, he did not. Michaels then told Bret to "Get the fuck out of my ring."

FACT

Bret Hart seriously considered leaving WWE for WCW in 1996 due to WCW offering a lot more money. Shawn Michaels only considered leaving for WCW when Bret attacked him backstage as perviously stated.

OPINION

Bret Hart is praised and glorified for sticking with WWE why? He pushed and waited until the eleventh hour before deciding to stick with WWE. Michaels only wanted to leave when a man assulted him backstage. Sound like maybe, just maybe, Shawn was a little more loyal, but that's just my opinion.

HBK FACT

Shawn Michaels did have a knee injury which is why he vacated the title. Again, I've already stated this in this very thread, however I will do it again, because of this, Michaels lost on on hundreds of thousands of dollars in WrestleMania Main Event pay days, in his merch sales dropping, in even weekly apperances. In order for the "He didn't want to job to Bret" thing to be true, you'd have to assume that he was willing to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars down the drain, just to avoid giving him the 1-2-3. But, as I've already stated, he had a knee injury, one that a doctor told him if he pushed it any further than he had, he may never walk again...by the way, it has NEVER been confirmed that the original intended Mania 13 M.E. was going to be a rematch.

OPINION

Infact, if it were true that Bret was supposed to win the title at Mania 13, doesn't anyone find it odd that he wasn't even involved with the Title match at Mania? But I suppose Meltzer making up excuses for how even Michaels being injured was a stab at Bret is good enough for a lot of you...

FACT

Bret Hart was told by WWE's Owner Vince McMahon to drop the WWE Championship to Shawn Michaels on November 9, 1997. He refused.

OPINION

And that's where the last bit of this feud ends. I've said it so many times before, Bret Screwed Bret. Hart had creative control over his character. That means that Vince couldn't make Bret dress in drag on TV if Bret didn't want that. It does NOT mean that if he's champion he gets to hold the belt for ransom. Bret Hart's contract was going to expire. He was refusing to lay down for Shawn. He came up with an idea where he'd forfit the title on the next RAW (yeah, nothing like sending a guy off to the rival company with a W over your other top guy) or that he would drop the belt a few weeks later once they were out of Canada (and Bret, despite refusing to drop the title to Shawn here, should be trusted to drop the title to Shawn there...AFTER his contract has run out and he could appear on WCW television and throw it in the trash...) But let's assume Bret is some horrible victim in this scenario. Well, we've all since learned, it was HHH's idea, and Vince said to do it. Michaels was the only man who did what his boss told him to do that night.

Enjoy the facts.

TK http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6520/kliqhandxg5.jpg

Fact: Bret Hart is Canadian, and as we all know, Canadian's haven't been faces since Montreal.

The One
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Canada Sucks.

Theo Dious
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Michaels was the only man who did what his boss told him to do that night.

*coughHebnercough*

The One
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM
THIS IS FOR YOU EARL!

Yes, of course, Hebby did his job too. I was refering more to between Michaels and Hart.

Theo Dious
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Earl does not get his props. That man deserves more than he's got in his time.