PDA

View Full Version : I interviewed Jake The Snake Roberts on the phone today.

Champion of Europa
04-07-2007, 10:42 PM
He said that wrestling now is a bunch of homogenized horseshit and that he came up with the character of Jake the Snake Roberts after a 6 pack of beer and some joints.

M-A-G
04-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Was he phoning from a gutter somewhere?

KayfabeMan
04-07-2007, 11:51 PM
A can with a piece of string on it actually.

RP
04-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Remember how badass Jake The Snake Roberts was back in the day? He was badass before they even started giving him pushes. Then they gave him that Ultimate Warrior fued and the Macho Man fued and he started cutting brilliant promo's.

Fast foward 10 years later. His teeth are falling out in the ring and you have to pull the surrenges out of him before walks through the curtains.

Champion of Europa
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
His voice is still so bad ass. It's still gravelly as fuck and I couldn't hear some of the stuff he was saying.

Fignuts
04-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Remember how badass Jake The Snake Roberts was back in the day? He was badass before they even started giving him pushes. Then they gave him that Ultimate Warrior fued and the Macho Man fued and he started cutting brilliant promo's.

Fast foward 10 years later. His teeth are falling out in the ring and you have to pull the surrenges out of him before walks through the curtains.

His promos were awesome before the warrior fued too. Get his DVD, its awesome. It also goes over his childhood, and honestly, its understandable why he turned into such a mess.

RP
04-08-2007, 01:55 AM
never seen the dvd. Probably the next one i get. I got a nice collection going. I want that and the L.O.D dvd

94 SVT Cobra
04-08-2007, 03:11 AM
The Jake roberts dvd is amazing, i know people who arent even the remotely amount intrested in wrestling that have watched it, and totally couldnt believe how well done it was.

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2007, 07:45 AM
He had to get drunk and high to come up with carrying a snake to the ring?

04-08-2007, 07:52 AM
His stuff with the Warrior (and correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't remember well) was the darkest stuff I had seen on WWE programming for 'kids,' until the whole Satanic Taker and Mankind.

Londoner
04-08-2007, 08:19 AM
He had to get drunk and high to come up with carrying a snake to the ring?

Tbh it doesn't sound like something someone would suggest in their normal state of mind.

KingofOldSchool
04-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Tbh it doesn't sound like something someone would suggest in their normal state of mind.

This is professional wrestling we are talking about.