PDA

View Full Version : pwinsider v meltzer

nakedmac
04-09-2007, 09:50 AM
i was just wondering what peoples opinions are of these sites and who you believe to be the best source of news on the net

many thanks

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I personally side with Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer.

nakedmac
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I personally side with Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer.

why is that do you think?

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
why is that do you think?

To tell you the truth, I don't have a clue. I think it's just because I've heard "Meltzer" and "credible" in the same sentence. I also think I have a slightly easier time navigating their site. Haha, not really the most profound reasons, or anything.

Xero
04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I find PWInsider's news to be more accurate. I don't keep up with Meltzer unless reading in passing, but I've heard more than once that if he predicts something wrong he'll stick with what he said (though it may have been someone else, I'm not sure). PWInsider corrects itself with any false information aside from just rumors.

I subscribe to PWInsider Elite and it's the best $5 I can spend each month.

nakedmac
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
I find PWInsider's news to be more accurate. I don't keep up with Meltzer unless reading in passing, but I've heard more than once that if he predicts something wrong he'll stick with what he said (though it may have been someone else, I'm not sure). PWInsider corrects itself with any false information aside from just rumors.

I subscribe to PWInsider Elite and it's the best $5 I can spend each month.

i agree it's worth it for the audio alone i was only asking as i had heard alot about meltzer recently and he seems to pop up in various wrestling docs

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Xero seems to know what he's talking about, so I'd take his word for it. :y:

Yeah, I have noticed that Meltzer just says "Plans changed" and stuff.

The One
04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
As for news, Meltzer is fairly accurate, but much like American News Networks, he is so filled with bias it's hard sometimes to know what actually happened/happens with how he twists situations to fit what he likes. PWInsider I have noticed is very reliable, and while they don't have Meltzer's years and years of history with the industry, they strike me as a more straight forward fact giving site. Personally I don't subscribe to either anymore as I find out just about everything needed to know on here, but I overall enjoyed my time on PWInsder more...back when I was an elite member...

If you're talking about opinions or colums, I don't trust a word that comes out of Meltzer's mouth.

Pepsi Man
04-09-2007, 12:51 PM
As for news, Meltzer is fairly accurate, but much like American News Networks, he is so filled with bias it's hard sometimes to know what actually happened/happens with how he twists situations to fit what he likes. PWInsider I have noticed is very reliable, and while they don't have Meltzer's years and years of history with the industry, they strike me as a more straight forward fact giving site. Personally I don't subscribe to either anymore as I find out just about everything needed to know on here, but I overall enjoyed my time on PWInsder more...back when I was an elite member...

If you're talking about opinions or colums, I don't trust a word that comes out of Meltzer's mouth.
But Dave Meltzer gave Dave Meltzer's column a five star rating! How could you say that? Dave Meltzer hasn't give a column a five star rating since 1992!

Destor
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Xero seems to know what he's talking about, so I'd take his word for it. :y:

Yeah, I have noticed that Meltzer just says "Plans changed" and stuff.That shit what gets me. He's like "WWE changed their plans at the last minute because Stephanie was on the rag." And then like every person with a keyboard goes "oh that bitch Stephanie is holding *insert wrestler here* down!"

He's got the entire community wrapped around his finger. The truth is he just followed his gut and then sold it like he had some facts. When it didn't turn out the way he predicted then he makes up some story. Putting himself over and continuing his mission: to blacken the names of all those he hates.

Worst journalist ever.

The One
04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Destor was originally going to put Meltzer over, but at the last minute plans were changed as those damn dirty Kliq members polotiked him into a position of being right. Tovo is believed to be most responsible, however it should be noted that Xero hasn't been too found of Meltzer lately either. The collective opinion seems to be that he's over rated and not quite ready for a big push. Needless to say, Meltzer is very upset as he sees himself as the end all be all of wrestling reporting.

Destor
04-09-2007, 01:39 PM
ROFL

Xero
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/nwohand.jpg