PDA

View Full Version : Christian

Kane Knight
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
So I saw part of TNA on Saturday (The replay from last week), and I really think that Christian's got his shit together. I mean, this may not be mainstream, but I managed to look at him as a viable champion type, possible main eventer, rather than just "the guy WWE didn't want to treat as anything more than a jobber."

So as a result, I'm wondering what other people think of him. Poll to come.

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 02:29 PM
He really is the brightest thing TNA has going right now. In fact, I can actually see WWE trying to wrangle him away at some point in the near future. He was a good solid worker when he left WWE, and his performance has only gotten better since he arrived in <s>Jarrettland</s> TNA. What he really ought to do, if he would ever actually go back to WWE (I would hope they would have to kiss his ass up and down for that to happen) would be for him to confront a WWE Champion Edge from out of nowhere, kind of like Marty Jeanetty did to Michaels wayyyyyy long ago.
Of course, for it to work Christian would have to do something similar to what Edge did, and add a dead-serious edge to his cockiness and sarcasm. As long as the days of CLB and Ass Cream were never mentioned, and his time as a master of TLC as well as various former championsips were built up, and of course his role in getting Edge to where he is today, it could work. Edge vs Christian, WWE title, WM24. Who's with that?

BigDaddyCool
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Now unless I'm mistaken, Christian never burnt any bridges, so he could at some point come back to WWE, and hopefully he will be pushed seriously. He would make a way better champion the Rey ever did.

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Now unless I'm mistaken, Christian never burnt any bridges, so he could at some point come back to WWE, and hopefully he will be pushed seriously. He would make a way better champion the Rey ever did.

Yeah, his departure from WWE was kind of a "look, you don't really have anything for me, and I'm not going to stick around and keep doing the same old shit when I can broaden my scope in TNA." And he's never done a "fuck you Vince, we will bury you" promo as far as I know.

The One
04-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Christian is someone with all the right skills, but given his last year in WWE, he simply can't be considered very credible. He won like 5 matches in the entire year. Plus his days of cry baby gimmick, to be honest, despite him being TNA's brightest talent, he simply is not the face I would want to flagship my company trying to win over the WWE fans.

Now, if WWE wanted him back (and yes, there was NO burning of any birdges when he left, his contract ran out, he wanted more money, they said no, he said fair enough and did the classy thing of putting over people til his final day) they might be able to repair some of the damage to his legacy. I could very easily see him back in WWE in a few years, especially once Edge is really solidified as one of the top players of WWE (he's still #4 on RAW).

The One
04-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah, his departure from WWE was kind of a "look, you don't really have anything for me, and I'm not going to stick around and keep doing the same old shit when I can broaden my scope in TNA." And he's never done a "fuck you Vince, we will bury you" promo as far as I know.

He made a couple of anti-WWE comments upon his arrival, but nothing really serious. Certainly he hasn't blasted WWE like Angle or the Dudleys have.

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 02:42 PM
If they wanted to reintroduce Christian, it would have to be in such a way as to make perfectly clear that he has become a no-nonsense sort of character, kind of an embittered version of Jericho (which won't be too hard as much of his WWF/E days could be considered a whiny version of Jericho.)

Actually, given that they've both played their cards well since leaving, a somehow-kept-secret Christian/Jericho invasion could rival the appearance of Hall and Nash on Nitro (ok no it wouldn't, but it would still be great.)

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 02:43 PM
He made a couple of anti-WWE comments upon his arrival, but nothing really serious. Certainly he hasn't blasted WWE like Angle or the Dudleys have.

I may be wrong, but I think they were mostly "Wow I'm really much happier to be here than in a place where I wasn't treated well" comments. At least, the ones that I heard were. He never seriously insulted anyone or destroyed a title belt, did he?

The One
04-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Nah, his comments were more "Pro TNA" than "WWE is the devil worshipping company." He has said nothing on screne or in interviews which anyone in WWE would take offense to the point of not welcoming him back should they ever mutually desire it.

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Which proves not only how classy he is, but how smart he is.

Kane Knight
04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Which proves not only how classy he is, but how smart he is.

Or really, how stupid he isn't.

Sorry, I just think it's more Angle and the Dudleyz are idiots than Christian's particularly smart for this.

Dorkchop
04-13-2007, 05:10 PM
The last two Impacts I watched, Christian was the main focus of both shows and they were two of the best Impacts I've ever seen. Personally I loved all the funny things Christian did in the WWE. Looking back at the cry baby gimmick, I'll admit it wasn't the best thing to do to a guy like him, but I still enjoyed it. It was fucking hilarious.

I'm happy wherever he goes (provided I can watch him) as long as he's being used to his potential. I just hope he gets a good title run this time. His face run wasn't the greatest.

Has he been pinned or submitted yet? I'm pretty sure he still hasn't yet. I wonder if he can make it to two years.

Theo Dious
04-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Or really, how stupid he isn't.

Sorry, I just think it's more Angle and the Dudleyz are idiots than Christian's particularly smart for this.

Maybe it's just sad that I've come to see doing the obviously non-self-destructive thing as being smart.

Crossrine
04-13-2007, 08:56 PM
As far as disrespecting WWE, I think he somewhat did when he arrived in TNA. He said something like, its great to be in a WRESTLING(I specifically remember him stressing that) company that doesnt talk about pulling things out of someone's ass. Something along those lines.

The One
04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
The secert though, unlike Angle, he never claimed Dixie Carter was a better business leader than McMahon. :roll:

Lock Jaw
04-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Christian is absolute gold on TNA and is a definite credible champion. Well, credible in the heel sense of the word.

Out of all of wrestling, Christian is the guy I look forward to seeing the most.

Pepsi Man
04-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't know if I can or not. I mean, I like Christian, and I think he's a good wrestler and all. I can even see him in there with Jeff Jarrett and Raven and Rhino and guys like that, but Christian next to Sting or Kurt Angle, or a guy like say Brock Lesnar would really dwarf him pretty badly, I think.

Also, for some odd reason, I was hoping (well, more like saying, "wouldn't it be cool if...?") Christian would show up at WrestleMania and interfere in the Money in the Bank Match on behalf of Edge. "Sure, he's a 'big' TNA name, but he's not really doing any...oh wait, he's the World Champion over there. Ah well, still..."

M-A-G
04-15-2007, 01:28 AM
A world champion in TNA? Fine by me. World champ in WWE? No freaking way.