PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick and London

Marc the Smark
04-17-2007, 12:37 AM
There's a select group of people that think these guys could step into the ring, drop their pants, take a huge dump, and that it would be a 5 star classic.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are a bunch of people out there who crap all over their performances and think anyone who likes them has a raging hard-on for them.

So, what do YOU think of Londrick?

Are you happy they're still the tag champs or do you think it's time for them to drop the belts? Should they lose them to Jimmy Snuka's kid and Domino? Personally, I like Londrick, but I think this whole, long title reign is getting kinda dull and long title reigns piss people off (See: Cena, John). I think it might be time for Deuce and Domino.

What do YOU think?

Skippord
04-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Kendrick and London are awesome

and I like the title reign

KayfabeMan
04-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I personally like long title reigns.

They should get creative and do more of them.

Marc the Smark
04-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Having Cena keep the belt for so long has only hurt him, and I wouldn't want to see the same thing happen to Londrick.

Funky Fly
04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
London & Kendrick are great. They just need to be put into division/fed where they actually have competition and do what they wanna in the ring.

Seriously, I think they should unify the tag titles and have the tag division be interbrand. Like a team's members will still belong to a given brand, but there is only 1 set of belts, so teams show up on other brands all the time. Since there's only 1 prize, it will incite competition between brands and you could build some decent stories of that.

KayfabeMan
04-17-2007, 12:50 AM
Exactly.

I was saying this the other day.

I feel The Hardyz vs. London & Kendrick to unify the belts would be a nice set-up. They could even do a best of 7 series. Then you have the champs appear on a different show each week, one week on RAW, next on SD!, the next on ECW. In the mean time, tag teams compete on the other shows to determine number one contenders, etc.

So, so many good ideas that could come out of that.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 01:00 AM
London & Kendrick are one of the few good things about WWE programming. They are just guys who have great training, put it to good use, and have fun enough personalities to implement it into their matches, and make them legitimately likable. Some people think that they're overrated, but I don't think anyone has ever come forth and said "Paul London and Brian Kendrick are the best wrestlers of all-time". They have just widespread like among those who appreciate great performers in the industry. I think they're more "over consistent" than "overrated".

I don't think enough has happened in their reign for it to get stale, to be honest. I mean, they've had programs with some teams, but when was the last passionate feud these two were in? I'll give you a hint...never. I don't think their reign has really started yet.

I'm hoping for a feud between them and William Regal & Dave Taylor, soon. I loved the little series they had on SmackDown!, and we all saw how great Bryan Danielson became when the training of Shawn Michaels was mixed with the tutelage of William Regal. I wouldn't move the Titles off London & Kendrick yet, though. They're the longest reigning WWE Tag Team Champions of all-time, and the fourth longest reigning Tag Team Champions in sports entertainment history. When they drop the belts, it should be to a team that is young and deserving.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 01:04 AM
By the way, I really want to see a rivalry develop between The Hardys and London & Kendrick to tease a unification. I'd have both teams run into each other at Backlash, and have them argue over who the real Tag Team Champions are. I'd then have both teams go everywhere and anywhere to defend the belts.

The Hardys defend their's on both RAW and SmackDown!, seeing as they have ties to each brand, so London & Kendrick begin to defend their's on ECW. The Hardys then begin to do that, as well, so London & Kendrick then go to Ring of Honor (with the WWE's permission, of course), and defend the belts against teams like The Briscoe Brothers and El Generico & Kevin Steen. Maybe even Naruki Doi & SHINGO could get shots?

The WWE and ROH aren't at each other's throats, and they even worked together somewhat with the Matt Hardy storyline. I think having London & Kendrick go around to some independent wrestling promotions and defending the WWE Tag Team Championship in some amazing matches would be great for them, and an interesting angle for the WWE.

The One
04-17-2007, 01:05 AM
I think they're decent cruisers. Nothing special. But I think the entire Tag Division is nothing special right now, so despite my utter apathy towards them, they're better than that fucking Duece and Domino team. Whatever. Plus as soon as they tease the end of their reign, Alienoid will be out here with 20 different angles were they eventually feud, have non stop 5 star classics, and before you know it their Main Eventing Mania to unfy the World (London), WWE (Kendrick) and randomly ECW (Venis) Championships.

The One
04-17-2007, 01:06 AM
LOL at the fact that before I could even get the joke out, Alienoid was already writing up how they could unify titles. :lol:

thedamndest
04-17-2007, 01:17 AM
It's London and Kendrick!

They are good, and the only problem is the entire tag division's state of affairs. Bouncing the titles around newbies, underdeveloped characters the crowd doesn't care about, and guys just strung together makes even less sense than taking it off a consistent team. Maybe drop Ashley or something if you want to freshen them up, but right now there's no one on SD they could really feud with, and they have yet to show up on Raw.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
LOL at the fact that before I could even get the joke out, Alienoid was already writing up how they could unify titles. :lol:

Um...what? I said tease. The ideas of unification came above me. You're slipping, Tovo. :nono:

HeartBreakMan2k
04-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Are Deuce and Domino seriously challening for the titles already? Fuck me, does the crowd even give a shit about their existance?

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 01:24 AM
I think they're decent cruisers. Nothing special. But I think the entire Tag Division is nothing special right now, so despite my utter apathy towards them, they're better than that fucking Duece and Domino team. Whatever. Plus as soon as they tease the end of their reign, Alienoid will be out here with 20 different angles were they eventually feud, have non stop 5 star classics, and before you know it their Main Eventing Mania to unfy the World (London), WWE (Kendrick) and randomly ECW (Venis) Championships.

See, I don't get where all this comes from. I'm a huge fan of London, Kendrick and Venis, true, and I have hypotehtically stated how Val Venis has the talent to be a World Champion. If JBL can suddenly stop being a tag team jobber and become WWE Champion, Val Venis can. If Hardcore Holly, solid as he may be, can be a main eventer, Val Venis, who beats Holly in every area -- except being a dick -- can. The WWE has no excuse for keeping the guy losing on Heat. As KK has said, the guy at least deserves an IC Title reign. My suggestions for pushing Venis are just hypothetical contrast to the WWE wasting years of his life (I'm sure Venis' bank account isn't complaining, though) doing nothing, when he could be doing something.

I don't think I've ever suggested Paul London or Brian Kendrick become World Champions. I'd mark out like a little bitch if they did, because both are awesome, but I don't think I've ever pushed for it to happen.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh! I think I did suggest they join DX once. You know, because Ashley was doing Playboy, and needed exposure, Triple H was injured, and Shawn Michaels did train them to wrestle. They also have the goofy thing going for them, which would have fit with DX at the time.

That's not exactly World Champion, though. They'd still be tag team guys, they just might wear a little "DX" logo on their attire, and get a bit more over.

St. Jimmy
04-17-2007, 01:59 AM
http://selfdestruct.net/misc/you_suck_sad.jpg

BigDaddyCool
04-17-2007, 02:04 AM
They are ok, and title reigns are good, for the most part.

Rammsteinmad
04-17-2007, 02:38 AM
They great, and I'm loving their title reign.

Corkscrewed
04-17-2007, 03:08 AM
The reason Londrick's title reign isn't get heat like Cena's is because they haven't been shoved down our throats. In fact, they haven't really done anything. So it'll only look good on paper, but like Greg Helm's Cruiserweight reign, there's no substance, because there weren't really any feuds going on, or even some basic story of every team gunning (by gunning I mean really coming after, not just being in a match) for them and the titles.

They could still save this. Have L&K spend the next three or four months fending off various tag teams who want to claim fame to having knocked off the longest reigning WWE tag champs ever. Each week or whatnot, they fight off a different team. This gradually eases into a longer feud with the team that's scheduled to actually take the titles off the two, and eventually, they drop the titles in a match that people care about.

C'mon... it's not that hard to create an intriguing tag division. Look at E&C vs Hardys vs Dudleys vs NAO. Just the sheer competitive aspect was enough to write itself.

M-A-G
04-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Their reign is pretty much an accident as I'm sure they didn't plan on them having the titles for this long. Seriously, it's not hard to picture this scene:

<i>SmackDown! taping; Vince walks past a monitor, sipping coffee.

Vince (taking a glance at London and Kendrick retaining): Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt....what the....these guys are still champions? Hell, screw that; these guys are still here???

PA: Uh, yeah sir. They seem to be a great feature on SmackDown!

Vince: But....but....have they been holding the belts all this time? When the f*ck did that happen??? Why haven't they dropped them?

Booker: Well, uh, we kind of tried to get to that but every team you call up seems to....well....you know.....not be so good....

Vince: Sh*t, we're gonna have to do something fast. Where the f*ck are the Dudleys?

Booker: Uh....they.....they were released and now work for that other company we're not allowed to mention....

Vince: PFFFFFfffffffffffffffffttt.....WHEN THE F*CK DID ALL THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!? YOU'RE ALL FIRED!!!!</i>

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree with Corkscrewed, and I do see some logic to M-A-G's scenario. I mean, I don't think Vince has contempt for the guys, but I certainly think that they just woke up one morning, realised London & Kendrick have been Champs for a long time, and should advertise that fact.

They actually got a chance to talk on SmackDown! this part week, so methinks their stock in the company may be going up. Not by much, but I think they're making people happier than they are sadder. Their reign isn't "BY GAWD! LONDON & KENDRICK BEAT THE ODDS AGAIN!!11" Hence it's not as annoying as Cena.

I just wish they were allowed to show some personality. I guess I'll always have this video: http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Brian%2BKendrick/video/x1q6g3_john-cena-vs-brian-kendrick-battle

Slow
04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
they need to lose them, sooner rather than later. but not to greasers! the patriot in me wants regal and taylor to win the titles next

PepperCarrotMan
04-18-2007, 10:39 AM
They should lose them to Regal/Taylor in a STREETFIGHT match. Basically have Regal/Taylor "take out" their high flying advantage and stuff them in a dumpster and then throw a bunch of angry cats into that dumpster so that the cats scratch up London and Kendrick. London then goes INSANE and comes back as CatMan.

Kane Knight
04-18-2007, 10:03 PM
London and Kendrick are pretty awesome. I don't think they're instant 5 star like some do, but they're pretty incredible. A shame they're so small, because they have NO chance of ever being taken seriously.

Now, I'm not saying they shold pull a Rey Msyterio and hold the title, just that it'd be nice to see them be something more than a tag team in a division where the tag requirements are "you are still breathing and have nothing in the works for you."

Pepsi Man
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't really like London and Kendrick and have long felt that they are overrated. I do like Kendrick as a singles competitor, a little, though.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with their lengthy title reign, but honestly, it's been pretty pointless. The titles aren't really defended often at all, and when they are, it's usually against the same team three or four consecutive times. Add to that the ridiculous number of non-title matches they've lost, sometimes several of those to the same team, and to me, the reign just isn't credible.