PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea, even for me

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I know a lot of people are against the concept of too many Championships, but I, for one, would not be opposed to seeing the WWE bring in several more Championships, if they made every single Championship interpromotional (yes, even Titles like the United States and Intercontinental Championships) and didn't constantly job out Champions to other Champions.

I think if each Championship has its own history, and its own rules, and own character to hold it as proudly as if it were a World Championship, a Title can become a character all of its own.

Gregory Helms is no longer Cruiserweight Champion, so I can see him bringing back the Light Heavyweight Championship, and feuding with former Champion, Scotty 2 Hotty, over the belt. William Regal declares himself the new European Champion, and he goes around defending the belt against only those he deems "worthy" of the Championship. Stone Cold Steve Austin gives one of his biggest fans, Eugene, the "Smoking Skull belt", and Eugene renames it the "WWE World Special World Championship", and he makes up his own set of rules about the belt.

If a Title has no one to contend for it, and it doesn't fit the current WWE landscape, the WWE can temporary "shelve" the belt, until someone comes along and wants to represent the division. Have the WWE assign a new Commissioner to World Wrestling Entertainment (I'm thinking Mick Foley), who decides which Championships are being defended properly, and which ones aren't. For each successful Title defence, a wrestler earns "commission". When a wrestler raises the Championship's commission so much, they can challenge for "higher ranked" Championships, or retire the belt and take a massive payday. So a wrestler could benefit from defending the Championship as much a possible, although they then run the risk of wearing themselves out.

But yeah, I think this would be a really cool way to do things, especially with the WWE looking to expand. I'm not saying give every person a Title, but with the WWE having 120 people between the three brands, I think there is room for more Titles. I guess I'm just not old-school enough to appreciate a simple Title scheme, but I think with three brands, there should be more a network of Championships.

Note: I'm not suggesting bland titles for every match, but rather titles to make lower card feuds mean more. Each one would hopefully get its own meaning and its lineage would mean something. Some titles can be brought in just to make others look good. I'm thinking of something like a "Divas Championship", where the belt is defended between the sluts in Bra & Panties Matches, while the Women's Title is defended as it should be, in competitive matches between talented women.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I've been getting more and more into independant wrestling, and seeing how Dragon Gate has the Open the Triangle Gate Championship, Pro Wrestling NOAH has the GHC Openweight Hardcore Championship and Ring of Honor had the Pure Championship. Then there was WCW with its Television Championship, back in the day.

I think these concepts for Championships are really interesting, and whilst I would not like to see the WWE just dump aside its current scheme, ideas like these could really make the lower-card a much more exciting place.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting anyone to like this idea, but this is just place to discuss Championships, interesting characteristics assigned to Championships, and ideas you've seen in other promotions that you have felt could really be translated to a big stage.

Avenger
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
I hate it.

Avenger
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think championships should have characteristics, just some prestige. Which no titles have at the moment.

Let's make a start by getting rid of that stupid fucking spinner belt.

Londoner
04-17-2007, 09:03 AM
You were right when you said 'crazy idea'.

Slow
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
well, they should definitly bring back the hardcore belt (and maybe the 24hr free for all for it) and keep it this time (i guess Edge has it?). You mentioned the european belt, that'd be a good belt to bring back, at least then the mid carders can fight for something, the US and Intercontinental are too dominated by upper mid carders not going for the heavyweight belts

Slow
04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
the european belt would have to be cross branded by the way

BigDaddyCool
04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
your dumb.

BigDaddyCool
04-17-2007, 09:30 AM
oh, sorry, you're dumb.

Kane Knight
04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
You know, there are things in this world so inhuman, so alien that merely gazing upon one of them is enough to cause deep, irrevocable insanity.

Thos things are scared of Alienoid.

Corkscrewed
04-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I hate it.

The One
04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Can we work on getting a single one of WWE's already 11 exsisting belts (9 different championships) over first before we go around making the InVasion look like a shortage of gold era?

DAMN iNATOR
04-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I would only support the Hardcore belt coming back if it was on the ECW brand. Reason being because all they have right now is the practically worthless ECW World Title. And treated properly, I honestly believe the Hardcore Championship could throw a bit more respect into the ECW brand.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 05:42 PM
LOL, everyone reacted the way I thought they would. I guess you just need to be a little creative and a little stoned to see it working in all its glory.

Mercury Bullet
04-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I would go along with the Euro title and hardcore title.

But "Diva's Championship"......

And the WWE Special Title or whatever you called it.....

:nono:

Okay wait, I would go along with the special title as long as you replace the Smoking Skull with an image of Eugene scratching his head, sticking out his tongue, and squinting his eyes.

St. Jimmy
04-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Let's give everyone a belt. YESSSS.

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Let's give everyone a belt. YESSSS.

Haha, you didn't even read the post. :D

St. Jimmy
04-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Haha, you didn't even read the post. :D

But I'm still agreeing with you, doesn't that count?

CAN'T YOU JUST APPRICIATE THE SUPPORT MOTHERFUCKA :rant:

:love:

Mr. Nerfect
04-17-2007, 05:50 PM
I would go along with the Euro title and hardcore title.

But "Diva's Championship"......

And the WWE Special Title or whatever you called it.....

:nono:

Okay wait, I would go along with the special title as long as you replace the Smoking Skull with an image of Eugene scratching his head, sticking out his tongue, and squinting his eyes.

Eugene's Championship would be a comedy thing. It wouldn't necessarily be a recognised Championship. Kind of like the FTW Championship, only obviously not as awesome.

The Divas' Championship would be a place for the Torrie Wilsons of the WWE to do something without infringing on the Victorias of the WWE.

Mercury Bullet
04-17-2007, 05:52 PM
There aren't enough Diva's to go around for two titles though. Good in theory, wouldn't work in practice.

Kane Knight
04-17-2007, 06:47 PM
LOL, everyone reacted the way I thought they would. I guess you just need to be a little creative and a little stoned to see it working in all its glory.

I'm sure that's what Vince says. Pity you don't have a few million dollars, or you'd have people to blow you for your brilliance.

tucsonspeed6
04-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, what if we give everyone their own title. They can have the CHris Benoit championship, the World Umaga Title, the Deuce and Domino Tag Team Championships, and the ever so coveted Doug Basham Memorial Belt. Then they fight for each other's belts, and I'd book it so that Jamie Noble wins most of them and builds a suit of armor out of them and becomes the new Smackdown GM and gets HHH level TV time. [/Alienoid]

Edit: I forgot to pad this post with three pages worth of explaination to justify why my stupid idea is worth you reading three pages of explaination

To be honest, I didn't even read anything past the first paragraph of his original post.

04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
One time I was stoned and ended up watching Monday Night Wars, only to end up coming up with this weird idea where wrestlers brought back all the belts and had a huge unification tournament. I.E. Intercontinental Champ defeats the U.S. and Euro champs to unify the belts, ect.

It sounded awesome to me at the time, but the next morning I had no fucking idea what I was thinking.

Ahh, stoned booking.

Dave Youell
04-18-2007, 10:04 AM
I like the idea of the guys traveling in between shows. But we pretty much have that right now.

So it's pretty much heading in that direction