PDA

View Full Version : just for fun:invent the worst original gimmick

The MAC
04-18-2007, 05:28 PM
how bout Coma-man. He is brought to the ring on a stretcher then just lays on the canvas. Mind controller:he stands in the ring with his fingers on his temples as he focuses on his opponent who then falls down...

Xero
04-18-2007, 05:34 PM
The lock smith. Always forces his way into the back door.

St. Jimmy
04-18-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.socal.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/1906-Cena%20crop.jpg

Stickman
04-18-2007, 05:58 PM
How about a garbage man....no, how about a hockey player....I got it, a repossion guy? Those would be gold.

PepperCarrotMan
04-18-2007, 07:18 PM
The Bar Stool.

A Bar Stool is brought into the ring and placed in the middle. The reigning champion flees in fear and the bar stool wins the world title. The Bar Stool then goes on to be champion for an entire year and is eventually sold at WWE Auction entitled "BUY A FORMER WWE CHAMPION!".

redoneja
04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
The Back-Alley Doctor. He comes to the ring in scrubs and his signature foreign objects are a rusty scapel and a coat-hanger. He would be the go-to guy in all the pregnancy angles that end up being aborted.....

Hanso Amore
04-18-2007, 11:54 PM
How about the Virginia Tech Shooter?

Too Soon?

BigDaddyCool
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Too Soon?

No, too old. That joke was boring when you thought it up.

How about just a guy whose gimmick is telling too soon jokes.

El Fangel
04-19-2007, 12:11 AM
How about a guy that shows up, and wins the world title, no promos, interviews, nothing between entrance to one match and the next.

FourFifty
04-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Okay, let's get a guy and dress him up in bright red and yellow tights. Let's put a title on him, push him harder than Superman, and give him a lame finisher like a leg drop.

ddpBANG
04-19-2007, 03:43 AM
EVIL DEAD:

Evil Dead wears a mask that has an evil, decaying, fleshy look. The gimmick is basically that because Evil Dead is dead, he doesn't move around much, but he also doesn't feel pain.

:shifty:

El Fangel
04-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Get down and pray guys that a WWE creative writer, never EVER finds this page.

darkpower
04-19-2007, 04:27 AM
I made up one once when I was younger. A flabby guy that thought, when it came down to his physique, he was the second coming of Christ. He would always say that he was the "best thing going" and EVERY SINGLE TIME he said that, he would do one of the Hogan poses (one arm flexing, the other arm held all the way out). Then, sometimes he would, with his shirt off, say that people are "looking at excellence", and he would accompany that by a full flex, nodding and smiling as he was saying and doing so. It was a heel gimmick, obviously. And you will not believe the name I gave him.....TIGERMAN!! (DON'T ASK)!!

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
I made up one once when I was younger. A flabby guy that thought, when it came down to his physique, he was the second coming of Christ. He would always say that he was the "best thing going" and EVERY SINGLE TIME he said that, he would do one of the Hogan poses (one arm flexing, the other arm held all the way out). Then, sometimes he would, with his shirt off, say that people are "looking at excellence", and he would accompany that by a full flex, nodding and smiling as he was saying and doing so. It was a heel gimmick, obviously. And you will not believe the name I gave him.....TIGERMAN!! (DON'T ASK)!!

"Tigerman wants to put his claws into you...reow!" - Tigerman to random woman

Yeah, it works.

The WWE has apparently had a magician before, but I'd love to see a magician who enters to music similar to Europe's The Final Countdown. Have him come out like an idiot. Basically a wrestling version of Gob from Arrested Development. Give him a hot woman as an assistant.

darkpower
04-19-2007, 07:15 AM
"Tigerman wants to put his claws into you...reow!" - Tigerman to random woman

Yeah, it works.

:wtf: .......

I'm gonna pretend you NEVER said that. :rofl: :rofl:

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2007, 07:19 AM
The Master

Claiming to be a man who has studied martial arts since birth, he now wants to ply his craft in a wrestling ring. He beats all of his opponents, but he chooses to lose every match via countout, when he has his opponent beat he walks out. "I hope they may better themselves so one day I may have a challenge," are his reasons for staying low.

"Hello, Hollywood!" *Wrestler's Name*

An aspiring actor who wants to use the WWE as a stage. He doesn't want to get beaten up too badly, so he has his entourage take care of most of his fights for him. He's always staging scenes to show off his craft. Eventually he decides to direct his own matches with a visual style (these would of course be taped). He makes moments black and white, or he doesn't always do the match in chronological order.

darkpower
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
The Master

Claiming to be a man who has studied martial arts since birth, he now wants to ply his craft in a wrestling ring. He beats all of his opponents, but he chooses to lose every match via countout, when he has his opponent beat he walks out. "I hope they may better themselves so one day I may have a challenge," are his reasons for staying low.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/g/glacier/01.jpg

Too late for THAT!!

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2007, 07:25 AM
How about a guy who lives in the SmackDown! fist? He is afraid of flying, can't afford to rent a car, and doesn't have one of his own, so he decides to live in the SmackDown! fist as the WWE travels from city to city.

Eventually the WWE can run a huge emotional angle, where they decide to change SmackDown!'s set, so he will no longer have a home. He can show up on RAW in a cardboard box with "RAW" painted on it, as well as having coloured circles to represent lights. He tries to disguise it as part of the set. So they will move him.

Another idea: A guy who signed with the WWE only because he has a crush on Stephanie McMahon. He always talks about the sexual things he'd do to her, and he has no desire to succeed in this business, he just wants to get her attention. It's a good thing he doesn't want to succeed, because there is a certain father of Aurora Rose who would not be too happy with that...

Mr. Nerfect
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/g/glacier/01.jpg

Too late for THAT!!

Glacier ruled, though. :(

darkpower
04-19-2007, 07:33 AM

Until WCW started burying him.

But, I will give him this: The way they made him look like Sub Zero, I was hoping he would start shooting ice balls from his hands or something. Now THAT would pwn ALL!

Ben Rodrigues
04-19-2007, 07:41 AM
The Bar Stool.

A Bar Stool is brought into the ring and placed in the middle. The reigning champion flees in fear and the bar stool wins the world title. The Bar Stool then goes on to be champion for an entire year and is eventually sold at WWE Auction entitled "BUY A FORMER WWE CHAMPION!".

Was 'Head' ever a WWF Hardcore Champion?

RottingFreak
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Sleepy dude

Just a dude that is always sleepy. He would come down to the ring looking extremely tired and would yawn at the crowd. During his matches he would randomly fall asleep and always lose.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Any of you guys ever heard of C-Fedding?

Anyways, I'll run you down some of the gimmicks we've used there.

Jackal: A big guy who anally penetrates his opponents (or anyone else for that matter) with dead ravens, and other random objects.

Owen Radd: He convinces other male superstars to go for drinks with him, and usually manages to commit date rape on their ass.

The Naitch: For a while, his gimmick was solely based around jizzing on people in huge amounts.

I'm sure there's some gimmicks not based on sexual deviance, but I'm struggling to think of them.

Anybody Thrilla
04-19-2007, 11:38 AM
EVIL DEAD:

Evil Dead wears a mask that has an evil, decaying, fleshy look. The gimmick is basically that because Evil Dead is dead, he doesn't move around much, but he also doesn't feel pain.

:shifty:

That already exists in JCW.

Slow
04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Rodney Bond - James' estate agent brother. Bores his opponent to sleep with financial advice on mortgage payments and tax brackets

Theo Dious
04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Eventually the WWE can run a huge emotional angle, where they decide to change SmackDown!'s set, so he will no longer have a home. He can show up on RAW in a cardboard box with "RAW" painted on it, as well as having coloured circles to represent lights. He tries to disguise it as part of the set. So they will move him.

Nick Dinsmore's next gimmick is revealed.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM

Too Soon?
Jimmy Wang Yang changes his name to 'Virginia Killings', long lost Asian cousin of Ron Killings.

I was gonna say his finisher would be the sharpshooter, but that'd be better for the Washington Sniper gimmick.

Goulet
04-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Rodney Bond - James' estate agent brother. Bores his opponent to sleep with financial advice on mortgage payments and tax brackets
LOL I have a friend named Rodney Bond

ddpBANG
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
That already exists in JCW.
Hence the :shifty:

Impact!
04-21-2007, 05:08 AM
The Internet Column Writer:

He is basically a gigantic geek, and whenever someone beats him or teases him he goes onto websites (or his own forum) and makes phoney news items about them/degrades them via internet column

The MAC
04-21-2007, 02:50 PM
The Internet Column Writer:

He is basically a gigantic geek, and whenever someone beats him or teases him he goes onto websites (or his own forum) and makes phoney news items about them/degrades them via internet column

lol that could be anyone on this board.

Impact!
04-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Thank you captain obvious

Nark Order
04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
I thought this one up awhile back. A guy that has some of the best known wrestling offense known to man. Has alot of raw power and one of the deepest movesets in wrestling history... but has a really horrendously terrible pain tolerance. Like gets one shot KO'd after almost any move. So basically his matches would consist of him trying to get a quick win with his talent and dodge every single punch, kick, move that his opponent comes at him with before he gets knock out.

Impact!
04-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Glen Lassjaw

AdrianM
04-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Sleepy dude

Just a dude that is always sleepy. He would come down to the ring looking extremely tired and would yawn at the crowd. During his matches he would randomly fall asleep and always lose.

sounds like Sabu...

Nervous Ferret
04-22-2007, 02:19 AM
A black wrestler

Impact!
04-22-2007, 05:10 AM
A white wrestler pretending to be a black wrestler

Skippord
04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
http://www.socal.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/1906-Cena%20crop.jpg

Skippord
04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
The Stormtrooper: Attacks all Jewish/Jedi wrestlers

KillerWolf
04-22-2007, 02:44 PM
How about a guy that shows up, and wins the world title, no promos, interviews, nothing between entrance to one match and the next.

is that a Lashley jab or London and Kendrick?

KillerWolf
04-22-2007, 02:48 PM

other than the name, Tigerman, this actually sounds pretty damn funny to me. as a joke heel anyway.

KillerWolf
04-22-2007, 02:54 PM

ruled or was the worst gimmick ever? i think you mean worst gimmick ever.

KillerWolf
04-22-2007, 03:02 PM
the mean drunk (Unforgiven/Popeye syndrome) meek and sheepish guy who doesnt want to fight gets brutlized for most of his matches, but always manages to consume some liquor at some point during his matches - at which point he becomes vicious and ruthless.

PepperCarrotMan
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
The Sleeper.

A guy that falls asleep ALL the time including in the middle of his own entrance and during his matches. He only does sleeper holds and when he does promos, it is advertised as being "from his dream". It eventually leads to two wrestlers having a "wake the sleeper match" where they wrestler and hit moves to try and wake The Sleeper up, but he doesn't.

chrisat928
04-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Every match in a cage!!

Oh wait...