Just John
04-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, So far I have:

Animal Crossing: Wild World
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs (:p came with the DS)
New Super Mario Bros

NEED MOREEEEE

So yeah, reccomend me some good DS games, I'll check em all out.

Funky Fly
04-23-2007, 04:32 PM
If you ever need to kill time with a bunch of random card/board/mini games, get Clubhouse Games.

If you like turn-based strategy games like Fire Emblem, get the GBA Fire Emblem games, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generatrion 1 and 2 (also for GBA) and Advance Wars DS.

Get Mario & Luigi: Supersta Saga (GBA) and the sequel Partners In Time for the DS. Hilarious and fun.

So yeah, that's a bunch of good shit right there.

Extreme Angle
04-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah I was gonna post this but I didn't get round to it...
Which ones are good online? I only have Mario Kart...

Boomer
04-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Both Castlevanias
Kirby : Canvas Curse (maybe the best use of the DS hardware ever)
Meteos - amazing puzzle game

If you like RPGs, Puzzle Quest is very fun, despite being a Bejeweled RPG. That game could last you forever.

If you have any genres you like in particular, I could give you more recommendations. Those are just the first few that I could think of off the top of my head.

PapaGeorgio
04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Beat Agents is a lot of fun.

Also, really got into Hotel Dusk. Basically an interactive book for your DS. Mystery type game, something different that I really enjoyed.

The Diva
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Only DS games I have are Harvest Moon, Polarium and Sudoku, but then again I'm a huge puzzle person. My other games are GBA.

Recommend me games as well damn it! there doesn't seem to be a whole hell of alot of choices around here for some reason

The Genius
04-23-2007, 06:28 PM
imo the best DS game i have played to date is Castlevania: portrait of ruin. mario partners in time and the new super mario bros were both good.

metroid prime hunters, lunar knights, viewtiful joe, custom robo arena, elite beat agents, megaman ZX,

Dorkchop
04-23-2007, 07:15 PM
* Yoshi's Island - If you've played and liked the original you'll like this. It's a great platformer and harder than New Super Mario Bros. The only real let down in this game is that it's too similar to the original. They didn't add too many new things. Even with that I think it's worth a purchase.

* Pokemon Pearl / Diamond - Nothing's really changed, but it's still fun. If you've played any of the other Pokemon games for GBA or GBC till death you might not enjoy this. Apparently the game is crammed with hours and hours of things to do. You can battle and trade Pokemon over Wifi.

* Elite Beat Agents - If you like music / rythm games this is amazing. I really love it. I'm not a huge fan of some of the songs, but I still enjoy playing them.

* Meteos - One of the best puzzle games ever made. I've spent way more hours playing this than I have Tetris.

* Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - It's not that hard or long of a game, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. If you've played and liked any of the Mario RPG games you'll like it. This game tends to be one of the more expensive DS games though (usually $45-50 Canadian). The dialogue is hilarious.

I don't have much to say about the following games:

Kirby Canvas Curse - Fun game, but might be more of a renter. I own it, but don't play that often. If you find it cheap you might want to pick it up.

Clubhouse Games - Boring and bland. I didn't like it one bit.

Trauma Center - Fun times performing surgery. My roomate owns it, but I haven't played it too much. I've liked what I've played though.

Phoenix Wright - Not my kind of game, but those who do like these kinds of games have loved it.

Sonic Rush - Great if you like the old school Sonic games. I think it's a discount game now! That might pursuade your decision

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - Fun game, but every single level is the same.

Tetris DS - Great game!

I play a lot of DS, as you can tell.

Kane Knight
04-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know what you want, but...

Advance Wars:DS. Awesome TBS game, even if you're not quite into the strategy thing.

Meteos: The first one is the best puzzle game on the DS. I don't know about the second one. It's Licensed by Disney and they took out some of the things that made the game so interesting.

Castlevania. Period.

Scurge: Hive. This is a sleeper title you can find for 10-20 US. There's almost no difference between the DS and GBA versions, though. Think an isometric Metroid.

Clubhouse games is fun, but there's a lot of filler. I recommend you get it cheap used if you can.

Magical Starsign is the best RPG on the system so far.

Tetris doesn't diappoint.

PapaGeorgio
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah forgot to mention Tetris DS. You may think it is just another Tetris game, but it does offer some new things to it to keep you busy. Plus if you do online play, I really enjoy Tetris online. Also great pick up and play game, whether you are taking a shit, or just got a few minutes to kill.

It all depends on what games you like too. I really enjoyed a game like Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, but other might not. Same token Advance Wars is supposed to be brilliant but it just never interested me, but I may like it. All the games mentioned here are great games, but might not be your cup of tea. But seeing as you own a lot of Mario titles, I assume you are a fan of the series. As suggested by a few people, Partners in Time is a good game. I never really was one for RPG games, but I really got into this game.

Just John
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm good to go with anything really, I'm a fan of all genres.

So far, these are looing likely:

Final Fantasy III DS
Warioware Touched
Advance Wars: DS (Gonna get a GBA Emu of the Old one to see if I like the style)
Hotel Dusk

Meteos and Castlevania are hopeful too, but I've never payed any attention to either, so I dont know much about them.

Boomer
04-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Warioware Touched is alot of fun, and will probably be cheap, considering it was one of the release titles I believe, but it gets old prettty quickly. Not really a whole lot of replay value IMO. I'm a huge fan of the series though, so it really wouldn't hurt to have.

Drakul
04-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Only DS games I have are Harvest Moon, Polarium and Sudoku, but then again I'm a huge puzzle person. My other games are GBA.

Recommend me games as well damn it! there doesn't seem to be a whole hell of alot of choices around here for some reason
I was thinking of picking up Harvest Moon DS soon. Is it any good? I read about a Harvest moon for the DS which focused on turn based battles and stuff. Rune Factory or something. Is that it or is that a different game?

Disturbed316
04-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Pheonix Wright

Kane Knight
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I was thinking of picking up Harvest Moon DS soon. Is it any good? I read about a Harvest moon for the DS which focused on turn based battles and stuff. Rune Factory or something. Is that it or is that a different game?

Odds are she wasn't talking Rune Factory.

There is a Harvest Moon DS that functions much like the other games.

The Diva
04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah KK is right, basic HM stuff.

Drakul
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I'll probably end up picking it up.

The Diva
04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
I've wanted Tetris since I got DS but 30 bucks for a USED copy? fuck that shit

Kane Knight
04-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Most DS games only go for about 5 bucks less.

Look at the prices of GBA games. Until they're like 5 years old, any title worth a fuck is probably 25 or 30 bucks.

PapaGeorgio
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have an R4 or something similar to that for their DS? Been looking into getting one, basically allows you to download the games, upload to micro scandisk, put that into DS card and play em. Was looking for how easy it is to use, and just general review.

Kane Knight
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
The DS Hardware Board (On GameFAQS) usually has topics on it. I have no experience myself.