PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure I was the first to call it here... (Complete ECW Spoilers)

Xero
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks to our friends at www.Wrestlemag.com for permission to use their spoilers from today's ECW taping at Earls Court in London.

- The set is the usual UK deal with a phone box, London bus etc.

- The Hardy Boyz beat Chavo Guerrero & Gregory Helms in a pre-TV dark match.

- ECW got started with CM Punk backstage with the New Breed. Punk gave one of those phony heel apologies and said to put it behind them as they’ve got the 8-man elimination match coming up tonight.

- Bobby Lashley beat Umaga via DQ in their WrestleMania 23 rematch. After the match, Lashley beat down Armando and Vince.

- Elijah Burke cut a promo saying tonight was the biggest night of the New Breed’s life.

- A video for The Condemned aired.

- Snitsky beat Balls Mahoney in a short match.

- CM Punk returned for another New Breed match ahead of tonight’s ECW main event.

- A video aired to plug the Dusty Rhodes DVD, which has been out for a year or so.

- The ECW Originals (RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer) took on The New Breed. Punk was made by Burke to sit at ringside to keep it 4 on 4 as The New Breed team is Burke, Striker, Cor Von and Thorn. They eventually get down to Burke vs RVD. Punk laid out Burke with a kick, leading to Van Dam hitting him with the frogsplash and getting the win.

Post-match, Punk hit Burke with the Go To Sleep to end the ECW taping.

From PWInsider.

So Punk turned on the NB. Damn, they really need to learn to draw storylines out instead of going ADD on us.

IC Champion
04-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Thats just terrible, its no wonder I only watched it one week and haven't since.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that's horrible. That angle should have ran much, MUCH, longer.

The One
04-24-2007, 03:56 PM
I would say how damaging it can be for the career of a wrestler if their angles and such are rushed, but in order for that to be true, people would actually have to see it, and since it's ECW, it's like performing it in front of stuff animals in your bedroom.

Xero
04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxV8yuebAAE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxV8yuebAAE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

HeartBreakMan2k
04-24-2007, 03:59 PM
lmfao

The One
04-24-2007, 04:00 PM
WTF!?!?! LOL!

BigDaddyCool
04-24-2007, 04:00 PM
So is Vince Russo now writing for ECW?

HeartBreakMan2k
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM
That was a better 5 star than Van Dam does tho tbh

HeartBreakMan2k
04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
The flying dad bomb that is.

IC Champion
04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
So is Vince Russo now writing for ECW?

No but he works for an almost as equally shitty show.

Corkscrewed
04-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Figured it'd be like this. But even this was kinda rushed. Woulda had the cross-turn wait another couple of weeks. *shrug*

Just dumb in general, though, I guess.

KingofOldSchool
04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I would've saved it for a PPV.

Oh wait ECW and PPV don't mix unless your name is Bobby Lashley.

Destor
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
I would've saved it for a PPV.

Oh wait ECW and PPV don't mix unless your name is Bobby Lashley.This does give them the ability to have Burke/Punk at the PPV. Or heat at least...dunno.

Champion of Europa
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't think he turned on the New Breed, I think he just turned on Elijah in sort of a power play.

PepperCarrotMan
04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I don't think he turned on the New Breed, I think he just turned on Elijah in sort of a power play.

Yeah it doesn't say he made out with the originals or anything.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-24-2007, 08:20 PM
If they use this as Punk trying to kick Burke out of the New Breed, it could work. Punk being the leader/mentor of the New Breed could be great, due to the differing personalities.

Face Burke might work..

Destor
04-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Dunno what makes anyone think Punk is baby again, I mean yeah maybe. But it seems more like a power struggle than a double turn.

Jeritron
04-24-2007, 11:16 PM
This isn't the end of a storyline, nor is it a premature swerve of him turning back against the new breed. It's the likely case that it's a set up, like last week, for a full on power struggle between Burke and Punk, with the rest of the New Breed hanging in the balance as to what leader they will follow.

Of course, that's speculation too, but it's pretty founded since the tension with Burke and the signs of power struggle have been written on the wall for the past 2 weeks. It also ends on a question, which will be answered next week as to what his intentions were and what direction him and the angle are going.
It's called a storyline, and IMO a decent one, with good talent involved.
Everyone bitched for a Punk push and a real storyline and booking on ECW, and now it's here and they say it sucks. Give it a chance/watch.

I love power struggle storylines, and it's the type of thing that should have been done with Orton and HHH in Evolution, and Tazz and Austin in the Alliance. A envy-laced, powertrip struggle is one of the good ways to make a heel/heel program work.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-24-2007, 11:33 PM
After watching it executed, it was very much a power play as opposed to a swerve.

Just the way it was worded made it seem less like it was personal between he and Burke.

Jeritron
04-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Last week they had an issue when Punk "accidentally" cost Burke the match, and the night started with a pretty good segment with Punk rallying the troops/toying with Burke. He came off as the leader and also talked down to Burke, before covering up as "just playing around".
Apparently the shows end indicates he wasn't just playing around and this thing may become a full blown struggle right away. To which I'm not opposed.

Jaded-Dragon
04-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Yes, Punk is taking control of the NB, not turning on them. Personally, I'm glad they did this portion quickly, I don't want to see a 2 month power struggle between Punk and Burke, when we all know thatis whereit was heading.

Londoner
04-25-2007, 02:06 AM
This new breed/originals storyline just seems to lack something. They should be fighting over titles to make it more interesting, but it seems dead to me atm.

Dave Youell
04-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Based on what's on WWE.com, it just sounds like he's turned his back on both factions and is just going it alone.

To keep him as a face, they needed to do it this way.

Theo Dious
04-25-2007, 08:10 AM
I think it's fairly obvious that Punk is telling the NB "You need me more than I need you." Give this a few more weeks to see how it plays out, people, before throwing your tantrums.