PDA

View Full Version : The anti-Sting thread

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Why do people like Sting?

1. He looks like the Crow, and the movie hasn't been cool for 10 years.
2. He says, "Wooooooooo," which is Ric Flair's catch phrase.
3. He says, "Showtime!" which is lame.
4. His finishing moves are the Stinger splash, which is weak and the scorpion deathlock which is nothing more than a sharpshoot. Sharpshooters always remind me of Bret Hart and he sucks.
5. He refuses to work WWE, which is dumb.

So yeah, why is this guy popular, or is it just that he is over enough and been around forever therefore he must be good and no one questions it?

chrisat928
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM
The only matches of Stings that I liked were his with Ric Flair.

Theo Dious
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM
He would never have gotten over without Flair, that's for sure.

Also, he insists on painting his penis black and white before making love. Weird-ass fucker.

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2007, 02:24 PM
The only matches of Stings that I liked were his with Ric Flair.

Exactly, and honestly having a good match with Ric Flair is like having a good match with Shawn Micheals, it is going to happen weather you want it to are not.

I'm not saying Sting is the worst wrestler ever, he just this side of overrated.

RP
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I've made an Anti-Sting thread you fucking fuck.

Stickman
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Sting is pretty overrated. When he was feuding with the NWO it was totally awesome....then he wrestled again.

D Mac
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Fuck you. Sting rules

Theo Dious
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Sting is pretty overrated. When he was feuding with the NWO it was totally awesome....then he wrestled again.

Anybody could be totally awesome if they dressed up like a pop-culture character and haunted the raftrs for a YEAR.

Stickman
04-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I had no idea what the Crow was. It wasn't until after that I found out it was a movie character. Lame I know.

Theo Dious
04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I had no idea what the Crow was. It wasn't until after that I found out it was a movie character. Lame I know.

Multiple choice then, were you

A) <10 years old at the time, or
B) Living under a goddamn rock?

IC Champion
04-25-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't get what so good about Sting, other then he was loyal to WCW, he was an average uppercard worker that got over with a few fans.

IC Champion
04-25-2007, 02:53 PM

chrisat928
04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
All the Sting v Flair matches except that one on the final Nitro, when Ric looked like he just didn't care anymore.

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't get what so good about Sting, other then he was loyal to WCW, he was an average uppercard worker that got over with a few fans.

I would say Sting is the WCW Undertaker, but that would be unfair to 'Taker.

IC Champion
04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Trevor Murdoch>Sting

D Mac
04-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Wrong, but thanks for playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you.

Theo Dious
04-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Look a dick in the ass is NOT a nice parting gift.

The One
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Sting is a decent worker, certainly had a certain level of charisma, but he is not a legend. He's matches with FLAIR were great, but for like 2 decades FLAIR could do no wrong really. Other than that, I guess him quazi-beating the nWo was a nice mark out moment, but since the nWo didn't go away and I would have cheered a towel to victory over Hogan, he doesn't retain much glory there. All in all, he's ok, not a great in ring performer, certainly someone who has ridden gimmicks to glory...whatever...

Also, SHAWN MICHAELS is a devoted Christian now, and he works to WWE. So Sting's whole, "They're just a bunch of heathens and devil worshipers over in WWE" theory is kind of dumb.

BigDaddyCool
04-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Trevor Murdoch><s>Sting</s>a lot of people

M-A-G
04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
The man's charisma and character just connects with the fans. It's not so much cheering his workrate or what have you, just the man himself. The man is going to be a legend thanks to his ability to get asses in the seats.

M-A-G
04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Sting is a decent worker, certainly had a certain level of charisma, but he is not a legend. He's matches with FLAIR were great, but for like 2 decades FLAIR could do no wrong really. Other than that, I guess him quazi-beating the nWo was a nice mark out moment, but since the nWo didn't go away and I would have cheered a towel to victory over Hogan, he doesn't retain much glory there. All in all, he's ok, not a great in ring performer, certainly someone who has ridden gimmicks to glory...whatever...

Also, SHAWN MICHAELS is a devoted Christian now, and he works to WWE. So Sting's whole, "They're just a bunch of heathens and devil worshipers over in WWE" theory is kind of dumb.

Shawn is Christian by name.

The One
04-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Shawn is Christian by name.

No SHAWN MICHAELS wears shirts that have Jesus' cross pictured on them, he is a good Christian believer. I realize I've never seen him with a WWJD bracelet, but aside from that, he's about as good of a Christian as anyone else who claims to believe in a magic god who created the earth and entire universe in 7 days around 5 thousand years ago and despite making contact with humans up until about 2000 years ago, he decided to just hang low and only chat it up with guys drunk on rum in the middle of a corn field since then.

...And people think I'm weird for having my holy figures being FLAIR, MICHAELS, JBL, NASH, etc...

Stickman
04-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I never EVER understood why people say Sting is the WCW Undertaker. They're nothing alike at all.

Pepsi Man
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I never EVER understood why people say Sting is the WCW Undertaker. They're nothing alike at all.
The whole "company loyalty" thing. Undertaker is viewed as extremely loyal to the WWE, and Sting was viewed as extremely loyal to WCW. At least that's all I've ever been able to take from it.

The One
04-25-2007, 04:16 PM

Because The Undertaker is a deadman, and Sting is Crow...another kind of dead guy. Both wore white face paint. Both wore all black. Both were pushed as unstoppable entities in their companies. I think it's kind of odd to compare them, but I can see how at a glance they might resemble one another...

Stickman
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
So a dead man and a guy with a baseball bat are similar?

Reavant
04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
oh common... their not exactly alike but there are some similar characteristics

M-A-G
04-25-2007, 06:07 PM
No SHAWN MICHAELS wears shirts that have Jesus' cross pictured on them, he is a good Christian believer. I realize I've never seen him with a WWJD bracelet, but aside from that, he's about as good of a Christian as anyone else who claims to believe in a magic god who created the earth and entire universe in 7 days around 5 thousand years ago and despite making contact with humans up until about 2000 years ago, he decided to just hang low and only chat it up with guys drunk on rum in the middle of a corn field since then.

...And people think I'm weird for having my holy figures being FLAIR, MICHAELS, JBL, NASH, etc...

So a good Christian works an angle where "God", for all intents and purposes, jobs to a 61-year old egomaniacal madman with a bad tan? I'm no expert but I'd like to think being a devout follower of a religion takes more than just wearing a shirt or slapping a fish on your car.

Stickman
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
oh common... their not exactly alike but there are some similar characteristics

Aside from the loyalty thing, I never saw the similarity. Maybe more of an old school style, but seriously, I dont' see it. At the time Sting was a loner, and didn' the Undertaker have a Ministry?

taker707
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
So Sting's whole, "They're just a bunch of heathens and devil worshipers over in WWE" theory is kind of dumb.

The only reason sting does not work for wwe is he didnt want a huge travel schedule.

Stickman
04-25-2007, 06:42 PM
The only reason sting does not work for wwe is because he's a bitch.

The One
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
So a good Christian works an angle where "God", for all intents and purposes, jobs to a 61-year old egomaniacal madman with a bad tan? I'm no expert but I'd like to think being a devout follower of a religion takes more than just wearing a shirt or slapping a fish on your car.

Not really. Sorry, either my entire life I have yet to meet a good religious person, or the peak of religious deovtion comes in your wardrobe and accessories.

IC Champion
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
lol

SammyG
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Fuck you. Sting rules

Skippord
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Fuck you. Sting rules

Bad Company
04-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Sting does rule.

FourFifty
04-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Why do people like Sting?

1. He looks like the Crow, and the movie hasn't been cool for 10 years.
2. He says, "Wooooooooo," which is Ric Flair's catch phrase.
3. He says, "Showtime!" which is lame.
4. His finishing moves are the Stinger splash, which is weak and the scorpion deathlock which is nothing more than a sharpshoot. Sharpshooters always remind me of Bret Hart and he sucks.
5. He refuses to work WWE, which is dumb.

So yeah, why is this guy popular, or is it just that he is over enough and been around forever therefore he must be good and no one questions it?

For some reason after reading that you strike me as the kind of person that kicks little kittens and eats aborted fetus soup.

Rammsteinmad
04-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Fuck you. Sting rules

Super V
04-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Is it just that he is over enough and been around forever therefore he must be good and no one questions it?

I'm a fan of his but I'll admit he's overrated, but I think for the most part that ^ that's why he's so well liked. The character was great back in the day and he didn't have ad matches with anyone.

loosecollector
04-26-2007, 03:10 AM
A body-builder with a great look went to wrestle with the right gimmick, at the right place and started at the right era. Kinda like the Warrior.

Refusing to work for WWE can be good sometimes. See DDP, Raven,Tommy Dreamer etc.

Dave Youell
04-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Sting was booked very well during the NWO days and was basically made out to be the only guy who could possibly beat them.

All that was done without Sting doing anything! It was the potential that he could do it that made him.

Someone of the coolest moments in WCW evolved around Sting, christ he single handled beat up every member of the NWO in the ring, at the same time.

Or that bit with all the Sting's in the ring, then the real one popped out the bat and went nuts

I was never a huge fan of his workrate to be honest, but the aura they created for him was immense, I can see why people linked him to Taker on a performer level as they both did the mind games thing, plus they were both long time performers for the companies they represented.

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 10:49 AM
For some reason after reading that you strike me as the kind of person that kicks little kittens and eats aborted fetus soup.

I love kittens, I would never kick them. I would pet their furry little heads and feed them fish.

As for the aborted fetur soup...it is kinda hard to eat non-aborted fetus soup...I mean ewwwwwwwwww.

Theo Dious
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
A body-builder with a great look went to wrestle with the right gimmick, at the right place and started at the right era. Kinda like the Warrior.

Refusing to work for WWE can be good sometimes. See DDP, Raven,Tommy Dreamer etc.

Yeah, because they really had a ton of choice in the matter. :roll:

Theo Dious
04-26-2007, 11:08 AM
I love kittens, I would never kick them. I would pet their furry little heads and feed them fish.

As for the aborted fetur soup...it is kinda hard to eat non-aborted fetus soup...I mean ewwwwwwwwww.

I prefer to eat kittens and kick aborted-fetus soup.

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM

1) Sting and Warrior started together, so it is exactly like Warrior, no kinda about it.

2) Raven wasn't that misused in WWE.

3) I'm fairly sure Tommy Dreamer likes knowing his paychecks don't bounce and are actaully given to him on a regular basis.

Theo Dious
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
2) Raven wasn't that misused in WWE.
Oh COME ON MAN, he wasn't given the exact same gimmick he had in ECW and WCW, he was CLEARLY misused.

(The preceding announcement has been paid for by the alliance of IWC smarks and does not reflect the opinions of Darth Tedious or Tedious Industries International, both of whom feel that Raven is a solid and reliable midcarder with no real value to a major main event scene.)

3) I'm fairly sure Tommy Dreamer likes knowing his paychecks don't bounce and are actaully given to him on a regular basis.
Nah, I think he was happier being a big man in a joke company and that things like being paid and eating food don't matter much to him.

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Oh COME ON MAN, he wasn't given the exact same gimmick he had in ECW and WCW, he was CLEARLY misused.

(The preceding announcement has been paid for by the alliance of IWC smarks and does not reflect the opinions of Darth Tedious or Tedious Industries International, both of whom feel that Raven is a solid and reliable midcarder with no real value to a major main event scene.) KLYQ 4 LYFE

Honestly, that is one thing that really chaps my left testical. Why does everyone fault WWE for trying to expand characters? Also, Raven wasn't that different.

Jeritron
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM

It's kinda the whole mysterious supernatural thing. Sting over the years has clearly been given that dark side supernatural stuff, from his original run as the silent crow figure, to his fueds with Vampiro and Abyss that dealt with graveyards and supernatural theatrics and shit.
There's clearly a link there.
I agree they're nothing alike in terms of specifics, or their look or wrestling. But the similarities are there, at least enough so to view Sting as WCW's version of an enigmatic force.

That's why, if Sting came or was still to come to WWE, Undertaker would likely be his first fued or his big payoff dream match/fued. People would eat it up, and to be quite honest they would compliment eachother quite well story-wise and in ring, not to mention the angle having the appeal to draw in massive money and have the legs to go a while.

As for Sting, as pertains to the discussion of him sucking or being overrated...I'm not gonna lie, I once hated Sting. Not even long ago. I thought he was a ripoff of the Crow and a tad on the stale side because of it, as well as being slightly above average in the ring.
I still maintain that this is true, he is certainly overrated but that's only because people rate him so high.
He's okay, I can get past the blatant ripoffs and enjoy his schtick for the most part. He's also okay on the mic and solid in ring work is better than most in ring work these days.

So, I suppose I like Sting, but he's certainly not nearly the deal he's made out to be. He has however had a long and good career.
I think a lot of his appeal still stems from the fact that he's never wrestled in WWE and it seems to be what everyone still wants and keeps hoping for. I'm sure it's the question he gets asked most often.
In fact, even when the guy was interviewed in my local paper for his participation in a local christian film festival, even the newspaper asked him if he'd ever work in WWE.

Pound for pound. Good wrestler, good enough gimmick, has certainly gotten past the test of time and gotten away with being an imitation. Credit for that. Overrated, but he's certainly had a good career.

Theo Dious
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Honestly, that is one thing that really chaps my left testical. Why does everyone fault WWE for trying to expand characters? Also, Raven wasn't that different.

The whole Nest/Flock thing was one of the biggest smark-cocksucks on the planet. It was over with them, and they expected it to be over with everybody, and they wanted it to continue immediately. And when WWE decided not to rehash it for WWE after it had run its course in ECW and WCW, the people who would later get angry when they rehashed the nWo, DX, and the Horsemen got angry when they did NOT rehash the whole Raven = cult leader thing.

Theo Dious
04-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Personally I'd have preferred it if they'd sat him down behind a mic and made him be Johnny Polo again.

loosecollector
04-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Someone of the coolest moments in WCW evolved around Sting, christ he single handled beat up every member of the NWO in the ring, at the same time.
His friend Warrior topped that by coming in the ring after a holy big anti-NWO-sleeping-smoke-effect and Hogan is the only guy who's unaffected because he's the one he's feuding with! AND..... That was his very own idea... Genious I tell ya!

Jordan
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM
I used to stick up for Sting, but my brother asked me if he was any good today, and I told him the truth. I can't remember the last time he has had a good match. His persona is cool, his presence is that of a superstar main eventer, his in ring skills are mediocore and he can be carried to a great match as stated above, but he is certainly overrated. The reason he won't go to WWE? Because he isn't good enough to cut it with WWE's main eventers, or at least their idea of what a main eventer is.

Sting was a southern hero to kids, WCW's accedental answere to WWF's Hulk Hogan and not too much more.

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
He looks all fat and flabby now.

loosecollector
04-27-2007, 02:41 AM
He looks all fat and flabby now.
True.... and brittle too.