PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Randy Orton situation

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Jim Ross said that Orton has anger issues which may have led to him smashing up his hotel room. I would make a story line out of it. Have Vince come out, address the issue, and publically fine Orton. Orton gets upset and goes off at Vince, knocking his hat off of Vince's head and just raging. Not going so far as to make him look like a psychopath, just have his anger problem part of his character. I'm mean adding an extra edge to his character will make his fairly two diminsional gimmick interesting.

Discuss.

SammyG
04-26-2007, 02:08 PM
It would be kinda cool I guess, but no way in hell they would do that. They are just gonna keep having him job to everyone. What the fuck, Why dont they just fire him.

Johnny Vegas
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
lol that does sound like a good idea, but then he'd do even worse than what he did to stay "kayfabe".

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
It would be kinda cool I guess, but no way in hell they would do that. They are just gonna keep having him job to everyone. What the fuck, Why dont they just fire him.

Because then he would be snatched up by TNA. Plus once he attacks Vince, then it is an excuss for Vince to start feeding Orton to monsters and the like. Then send his ass down to face jobbers and so forth. This could be a way to rebuild him.

Slow
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I agree they need to rebuild him, there's only so many times you can job to someone before you lose all credibility. He brings it on himself though, and i have no problem whatsoever if he's gonna job to Edge in the near future!

Super V
04-26-2007, 03:14 PM
McMahon however had no qualms releasing Johnny Nitro due to his anger management problems.

There was an incident backstage at Raw this afternoon, which resulted in Joey Mercury being fired and Stephanie McMahon being taken to a local hospital. Details are still coming in, but the early word is that Mercury snapped when the creative team told him that he and his partner Johnny Nitro would not be appearing at Wrestlemania 23. Not much is known, but word is that Mercury charged at
Stephanie McMahon, knocking her into the side of a desk. He was immediately restrained by the rest of the creative team, and fired on the spot. Vince McMahon is said to be furious at the harm caused at his daughter, who had to be taken to a Chicago hospital for evaluation. Mercury may face criminal charges and possible jail time if WWE decides to follow through.
Source: <a href="http://forum.samoajoe.com/showthread.php?t=3835">Samoa Joe's Official Forum</a>

Obligatory :shifty: emoticon

BigDaddyCool
04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
If that is true, the situations are way different. Mercury attacked someone, while Orton took his anger out on objects (though a case can be made about Mercury taking his anger out on an object being that he attacked a woman, but that is neither here nor there). Also Mercury always was the Marty Jennetty of MNM while Orton they have heavily invested into making a star.

Super V
04-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I just wonder what it was that made Orton so angry. He probably just likes being suspended. Sleeping in, not training as much, no house shows, banging any girl he wants, etc.

Slow
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Tis the dream, brother

chrisat928
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah TNA really needs another former WWE wrestler clamoring for the damn title.

Gerard
04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Fuck orton, make the little wanker clean the wwe head office shitters..with his tongue while wwe.com are recording for pointing and laughing purposes.

Kane Knight
04-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, WWE won't handle it in any way that will resolve it, so why not use it as a gimmick to push him?

Mercury Bullet
04-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeh, moreso than burying him, I'd make it his one last shot at a big time push and if he screws it up, then screw him. But turn him into this pissed off 24-7 loose cannon that does what he wants, when he wants to do it. It would work as a heel or as a face and it he could go over anyone.

Kane Knight
04-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Whynot?

Basically, we know the WWE won't fire him. We know the WWE won't actually resolve the issue either. So punishing him makes no sense, because we know and he knows he's gonna get pushed again in six months.

So why not just run with it now, instead of making him even shittier by kicking the damaged goods?

M-A-G
04-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Isn't that almost paramount to WCW punishing Scott Hall by making play a drunk after an intoxicated incident getting him arrested?

Nowhere Man
04-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Isn't this pretty much the same as what Rhyno did that got him fired?

Anyway, I'd like to see Orton get shit-canned for treating his job like it's a frat-house (then again, they punished JBL for all of his immature behavior with a year-long WWE Title run and a permanent place on commentary). Still, everyone has shitty days at work, and most of us have the self control and professionalism to not wreck up the place once the day's over.

Theo Dious
04-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Isn't this pretty much the same as what Rhyno did that got him fired?

Yeah, but Rhyno isn't going to lift TNA to "credible threat" status. The world is full of people who want to be Orton marks, and it's only bad handling that's soured that. Orton has superstar potential, and he's a guy that could really make an imp...ression in TNA.

PepperCarrotMan
04-27-2007, 10:22 AM
West : The Deranged Madman Randall Ortane is here in the impact zone Tenay!

Tenay : This crazed lunatic is about to make an impact...and you can only see him on IMPACT because SOMEONE IN CONNECTICUT couldn't handle him!

West : Don't miss our next pay per view where ALL the matches take place in the parking lot inside cars!

Tenay : I heard this Randall Ortane is already in one of those cars, he'd ready Don, he's ready for action!