PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 3

Fox
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/766/766663/spider-man-3-20070221113930627-000_1172131271.jpg

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/766/766666p1.html

May 4th. I already reserved my copy.

Shaggy
05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I dont know if I want to but this game or not....I planned on buying it but I keep on reminding myself that ive beated the other Spiderman games in days....

I might end up buying it anyways for the hell of it...

Fox
05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Read the article. There are some pretty big changes.

I figure that Spider-Man 1 (Ps2) sucked, Spider-Man 2 was a huge improvement by Treyarch, and number 3 is only going to get better.

Plus, black suit Spider-Man? Fuck yes. I'm there.

DS
05-01-2007, 05:12 PM
I am definitely anxious to see how the Wii version scores on the ratings. I know it's a different game than the others but this is one of those games where I wouldn't mind making myself look like a fool playing.

Funky Fly
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
If it's like Spider-Man 2, I'm all over it.

Disturbed316
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I seriously cannot wait for this to come out. I loved Spider-Man 2, and if what I've heard is correct, this is a huge improvement from it and is going to be awesome.

Kalyx triaD
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Spider-Man turned me off. I loved Spider-Man 2 and still believe it to be the best Spidey game ever. SM3 should be like part 2, web-swinging physics and all. It better be. I want it for 360 so I can play over the Fox Kids theme in the background.

G
05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
I have 2 copies of the CE for ps3 right now. $54 shipped. LEMME KNOW NIGGAS/ERS

ClockShot
05-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Spider-Man turned me off.

I also got turned away when Ultimate hit shelves. But if it's like 2, I'll make the effort to go and grab it. I just hope it's loaded with a whole lot of unlockables and free roam fun. Instead of going all around Manhattan grabing icons, and doing endurance races.

Until then, I'll rent it. Anyone putting down the extra $10 to grab the collector's edtion for the PS3?

G
05-02-2007, 12:38 PM
i have the collector's edition

$54 SHIPPED

Just John
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Spiderman 3 is looking amazing, we now have a subway and sewer network to our disposal, also treyarch are working on making the streets of manhattan more crowded and full of life.

Kalyx triaD
05-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Anyone putting down the extra $10 to grab the collector's edtion for the PS3?

I don't have a PS3, and I'd still find trouble spending more for basically the ability to play as Harry Goblin; which we ironically could do for free in the first Spidey movie game (major plot prediction there, eh?).

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Will it be on PS2? If so I'm there.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah, just clicked on the link... PS2 :D

The Destroyer
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
The PS2 is getting a different (i.e. cut down) version. Basically the same version the Wii's getting. Still meant to be bigger and better than the previous game, although I've not seen any reviews yet...

Shaggy
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Im angry that the 360 version isnt gonna get the Goblin as a playable character...would love to fly around the city on his board.....

Reavant
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
i liked how he was playable in the first game

DS
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Things aren't looking good. Spider-Man 3 on the 360 got a 6.0 from IGN. The PS2 version got a 3.5. The average press rating, according to GameStats, for the Wii version is 0.4 :(

Going to wait for more reviews but looks like I'll be passing.

Shaggy
05-04-2007, 03:17 PM
I just rented it a few minutes ago after much thought of whether I should just go ahead and buy it...only after reading that it was a really easy game to beat did I finally decide to use one of my free rentals to get the game.

Disturbed316
05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Got my copy today, going to try it out over the weekend :D

#BROKEN Hasney
05-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Just got the Wii version... PILE OF SHIT. It's not the controls, the whole game is fucking broken so I'm presuming the PS2 version is the same.

Can't comment on 360/ps3 though, but I've not heard great things...

Shaggy
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
been playing it for about two hours now...

360 version by the way

Fighting sucks so much in this game...the controls for fighting are basically one huge piece of shit where you have to result in button mashing that doesnt even work..

Camera angles suck...specially in a small building or in the subway. Camera goes right inside the walls and you have no clue where you are..

Some of the controls are unresponsive..

LIke I said...fighting sucks...im just hoping that perhaps getting the Black suit will make it a little easier..trying to get that now.

Funky Fly
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
God damnit. :(

At least I'll always have Spiderman 2.

Shaggy
05-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Damn....it sucks to fight huge groups of people...One guy hits you and they just bounce you around the group. Before you can even regain your stance you are already missing 3/4 of your health.

Dorkchop
05-05-2007, 07:12 PM
According to IGN the DS version is actually really good (Unlike the other 2 Spider-Man games for DS).

Fox
05-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Thus far, I have been extremely disappointed.

I'm actually finding myself enjoying Superman Returns for Ps2 more than the $40 SM3 I just bought. FUCK.

Reavant
05-07-2007, 12:49 AM
i just got the 360 version and it freezes every time i try the mad bomber 2 mission

Shaggy
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Ive got the game beat...70% of the way done completely...and working on the random stuff to clean the city...and now it chooses to freeze on me..

The one real thing I really hate about this game is that when you have the black suit unlocked...it restarts the game for you when you put it on. You keep all your powerups and everything...but you start over at the first mission like the game has reset itself...

Reavant
05-07-2007, 02:18 AM
is there more unlockable characters other than just the two spiderman suits?

Disturbed316
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
So far I'm liking it, the camera is abit of a pain when crawling up walls but I'm not finding it too bad.

Fighting is pretty much like previos games, liking the air web yank alot, helps when there are lots of people to fight. Haven't seen the movie yet so I'm trying to do side missions and races at the moment.

ClockShot
05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Rented it today.

Camera is a little fucky. Like when crawling up walls and doing some jumps off walls. I would kill for a lock on system and a better radar. On a few missions I'm sitting there waiting for mission to end when there is acutally one more bad guy 2 blocks away on a roof or something out of radar range.

Disturbed316
05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Spider-sense is your friend

Fignuts
05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow, I dunno guys, I bought it for the 360 a couple days ago and I'm having a blast.

Yeah, the camera isn't the greatest in tight areas, but its not frustrating, imo.
As for fighting, I'm having no problems. Yeah once and a while I get bounced around a group of enemies, but its really your own fault for not moving around enough. Remember, its spider-man, not the hulk. As long as you are constantly in motion, mix up your combos, and use your spider sense, you not only won't have as much trouble, you'll have a lot of fun.

Also, I'm loving the variety in all the missions.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I'm loving this too. I don't know why people are bitching about this, but I prefer it FAR more than Spider-Man 2, which was awesome in its own right. SM 3 is keeping me really busy here.

Reavant
05-07-2007, 11:40 PM
again.... is black spiderman the only unlockable character?

Shaggy
05-08-2007, 01:47 AM
again.... is black spiderman the only unlockable character?

Yes....except in the PS3 collecters Edition....

If you have the PS3 Collectors Edition you also get New Goblin as a playable character...except you can only roam the streets with him and fight people while hearing people call you Spiderman

There is word going around that a "Friends and Villains" pack will be released as downloadable content for the 360 in the next couple of months where you can be New Goblin....and possibly Venom

So to answer your question again..

If you dont have the PS3 collectors edition then you can only be regular old spidey and black suit spidey.

Lord-Of-Darkness
05-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Wow, I dunno guys, I bought it for the 360 a couple days ago and I'm having a blast.

Yeah, the camera isn't the greatest in tight areas, but its not frustrating, imo.
As for fighting, I'm having no problems. Yeah once and a while I get bounced around a group of enemies, but its really your own fault for not moving around enough. Remember, its spider-man, not the hulk. As long as you are constantly in motion, mix up your combos, and use your spider sense, you not only won't have as much trouble, you'll have a lot of fun.

Also, I'm loving the variety in all the missions.

Totally agree with this. Completely prefer it to Spidey 2, which as you said was still awesome. I also think taking out the annoying mini missions where you had to talk to people, only to find out it was 'get the little girls balloon...' I mean sure there are easy ones on this, like 'beat up one thug' but it varies and makes sense. And the actual missions are the same.

I've just done the Apocolypse missions, and got up to the part where you fight on the dock. And the boss keeps killing the shit out of me after everyone else has gone. Is there any particular attack that does well?

Disturbed316
05-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Is that the big dude with the stop sign? I had trouble with him first but took the pussy way out of jumping on the roof and then jumping up and air web yanking the stooges up to me and beat the hell out of them, then I just kept jumping near the boss guy and doing air punches/kicks/combos. He'll go down pretty quickly by that method.

So far I've done the first ten races, getting either bronze or silver on them, not going to attempt the medium set of races till I've boosted up abit. I really liked doing the Mary Jane thrill ride, dunno why, just did, I hope there are more throughout the game.

Also I've done some Connars missions and all the Daily Bugle photo missions which were a laugh to do.

Shaggy
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I've just done the Apocolypse missions, and got up to the part where you fight on the dock. And the boss keeps killing the shit out of me after everyone else has gone. Is there any particular attack that does well?

I believe I kept on jumping in the air and kicking him....also you should try holding down your charge kick..that works I believe. I just jumped on his head over and over again while kicking him to kill him.

So far I've done the first ten races, getting either bronze or silver on them, not going to attempt the medium set of races till I've boosted up abit. I really liked doing the Mary Jane thrill ride, dunno why, just did, I hope there are more throughout the game.

Also I've done some Connars missions and all the Daily Bugle photo missions which were a laugh to do.

There are 2 more Mary Thrill Rides after the first one I believe...the last one isnt as cool but more of a check point thing to get to one destination...with out having to land or do any of that stuff...

Reavant
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I've just done the Apocolypse missions, and got up to the part where you fight on the dock. And the boss keeps killing the shit out of me after everyone else has gone. Is there any particular attack that does well? Yea keep playing other missions till ur strong enough to take on a boss.

SyRo
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Pretty far into this now and I am really liking it. Some of the major fights that relate to the film are quite diluted but still great. I love the button combo stuff. So far New goblin was the hardest fight I've had.

Reavant
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
the kraven fight is rediculous. Especially cuz my game always froze every time i beat him the second time! :mad:

Disturbed316
05-09-2007, 08:06 AM
There are 2 more Mary Thrill Rides after the first one I believe...the last one isnt as cool but more of a check point thing to get to one destination...with out having to land or do any of that stuff...

I unlocked medium and hard MJ rides and managed to do medium but I'm always about 10 or 20 hearts away from 500 on the hard one when I get to the final check point and then run out of time :(

ClockShot
05-09-2007, 10:42 AM
So I unlocked the Slingshot move. The one where you can fly from one point of the city to the other. Problem is, you can only find special spots around the city. I found one on top to the Daily Bugle. Anyone find any others?

XL
05-09-2007, 12:24 PM
So this game is good now?

I was really put off by the "reviews" on here. But now it seems that opinions have changed.

Is it worth spending £30 on it? Is it worth having your girlfriend buy it for your birthday?

Danny Electric
05-09-2007, 12:56 PM
get jax to buy it for me for your birthday

Reavant
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
its an ok game but i hate it now. it annoys the shit out of me.

DS
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
I was disappointed on how this turned out, mainly with the graphics in pretty much every version, but the new Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe looks like it's turning out really nicely in terms of graphics. Probably a while from release and all but I'll hold out hopes for it. Hopefully they can understand mistakes that this game made.

Disturbed316
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm about half way through the game now, finally managed to to the hard MJ thrill ride, my next mission is Sandman, so I really want to see the film before I continue if I can :(

Reavant
05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
IT doesnt follow the film at all. The only close resemblence of the film is that the same characters are in it. You will not ruin the movie at all until maybe the grand finale but thats it.

Reavant
05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
BTW you are either going to:

A. pull all your hair out
B. break the game or your console
C. Kill someone
D. Kiill yourself

Before you finish this game

Disturbed316
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the warning.

Reavant
05-10-2007, 03:50 PM
i did all 4 believe it or not

Reavant
05-13-2007, 01:44 AM
venom is the easiest boss to beat :mad:

SyRo
05-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah dissapointing finale, venom/sandman were far too easy. I hate the race missions, and some of the bomb missions are insanely hard. Still got lik 7 acheivements to get though so must crack on!

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
what happens if u beat the game 100%?

Reavant
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
if its nothing, then im stopping at the base 70%

ClockShot
05-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Beat it in the 5 days I had it rented. Quick game. Only big pain in the ass part was controlling New Goblin with my PS3 controller.