PDA

View Full Version : Lets suppose for a seconds that CM Punk is straight edge.

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Like I said, lets suppose for a second he is straight edge like he says he is. Isn't caffiene considered a drug as it alter the way the body functions. Therefore he breaks edge every time he drinks Pepsi which he loves so much as to get a tatoo of their logo.

I'm just supposing anyhow.

Discuss.

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Oh, also, lets pretent that straight edge is real to...ah who the fuck are we kinding, straight edge is about as real as pixies, global warming, and John Travolta's marriage.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Y'know, last night I dreamt that I was looking at photos, and holy shit there was a ghost in some of the pictures.

Then I woke up and was really cold coz my window was open... but it was like an eerie cold where your having trouble adjusting to the dream and reality. Y'know what I'm saying?

Anyway, to stay on topic, CM Punk will get released soon for breaking Kayfabe. Or at the least he will get a slap from Jim Cornette.

Pepsi Man
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, not that I wanna be known for sticking up for Punk, but what if he drinks Caffeine Free?

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Do they do Caffeine Free pepsi? I'm pretty sure (at least here in the UK) it's only Caffeine Free Coca Cola.

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 11:24 AM
That's because you're in the UK

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Theres 20 different kinds of Pepsi here in the US

Pepsi Man
05-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Do they do Caffeine Free pepsi? I'm pretty sure (at least here in the UK) it's only Caffeine Free Coca Cola.
Yes sir, they do. In addition to the different flavors and whatnot, there's regular, Diet, Caffeine Free, and Diet Caffeine Free.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 11:28 AM
WTF? 20 types? ... How many Americans have all their teeth?

Diet Caffeine Free? Lol.

CSL
05-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Diet Caffeine Free? Lol.

<font color=white>Let's not forget Diet Caffeine Free Blue Mango Bananarama Zest Pepsi Cyclone Lite.</font>

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Pepsi
Caffein Free Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Diet Caffeine free Pepsi
Wild Cherry Pepsi
Pepsi One
Vanilla Pepsi
Wild Cherry Vanilla Pepsi
Pepsi Jazz
there was clear Pepsi

I know there's more

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Lol that's fucked up. I drink a lot of milk. I think I'll stick with that.

CM Punk VS Kurt Angle.

Pepsi VS Milk.

:y:

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
<font color=white>Let's not forget Diet Caffeine Free Blue Mango Bananarama Zest Pepsi Cyclone Lite.</font>

We have that in England. It's called Limeade. :D

Xero
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Pepsi is a sign of Straight Edge. Apparently they're "allowed" to have caffeine unless they're the really hardcore vegan-type.

tucsonspeed6
05-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Diet Caffeine Free? Lol.

Hey now, let's not call any kettles black here, my British friend.

Londoner
05-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Lol that's fucked up.

Agreed. I hate pepsi.

Xero
05-02-2007, 11:40 AM
OH NO HE DI-INT!

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
I actually checked it. There's 17 kinds of Pepsi, not counting the discontinued one

Xero
05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
List of every Pepsi ever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Cherry_Pepsi

I have no idea why it's under Wild Cherry.

And that Christmas Pepsi is gross shit. It's like Coke, if a cat pissed in it and a 20 year old candy cane was added.

Londoner
05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you for that very important bit of information Jeritron. I was dying to know that.

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I actually checked it. There's 17 kinds of Pepsi, not counting the discontinued one

I miss Crystal Clear Pepsi. :(

Xero
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
I remember loving that when it came out. Would always get it at Burger King.

Then again, I was like 5.

CSL
05-02-2007, 11:53 AM
We have that in England. It's called Limeade. :D

<font color=white>YOU SEE HOW SIMPLE WE MAKE THINGS?</font>

Theo Dious
05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I miss Crystal Clear Pepsi. :(

That stuff tasted like sweat off my taint.

Xero
05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
<font color=white>YOU SEE HOW SIMPLE WE MAKE THINGS?</font>
So you're saying your country is so stupid that they need things dumbed down?

Pepsi Man
05-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh, it's true.

KingofOldSchool
05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
What about Tylenol, Advil, and other kinds of over the counter drugs?

If stuff like that is based on if we are "drug-free", then none of us can ever really be considered drug free.

tucsonspeed6
05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
At the place I used to work, the store couldn't get rid of any of the blue pepsi, so they gave it all to us janitors. None of my coworkers would drink it, so I did. It was nasty.

CSL
05-02-2007, 12:00 PM
So you're saying your country is so stupid that they need things dumbed down?

<font color=white>Nah. I'm just saying we don't need to call a bottle of water 'Super Charger Erection Of An Whole Army Jet Rocket Fuel' to try and sell it.</font>

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM

ewwwwwwww, you know what sweat of your taint taste like? Hmmm, but it must taste good.

The One
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Diet Caffeine Free? Lol.

Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Caffeine Free Pepsi
Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi
Pepsi One
Wild Cherry Pepsi
Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi
Pepsi Lime
Diet Pepsi Lime (My soft drink of choice)
Pepsi Jazz Strawberry & Cream
Pepsi Jazz Black Cherry French Vanilla
Pepsi Twist (Pepsi w/ Lemon Flavor)
Diet Pepsi Twist
Pepsi Vanilla
Diet Pepsi Vanilla
Pepsi Holiday Spice (ginger & cinnamon - only for sale around Christmas)

Pepsi drinks that were tried but failed and have since been removed off the market...

Crystal Pepsi (It was clear and not brown)
Pepsi Samba (tamarind and mango)
Pepsi Blue (Berry flavored)
Pepsi Gold

Pepsi drinks that are avalible outside of America...

Pepsi Cappuccino (coffee pepsi)
Pepsi X (has more caffeiine than regular pepsi)

I feel like I'm the new Pepsi Man. :p

The One
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Also, sXe is a bunch of fucking attention hungry pussies. And CM Punk is a good wrestler otherwise.

DAMN iNATOR
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Like I said, lets suppose for a second he is straight edge like he says he is. Isn't caffiene considered a drug as it alter the way the body functions. Therefore he breaks edge every time he drinks Pepsi which he loves so much as to get a tatoo of their logo.

I'm just supposing anyhow.

Discuss.

There was an article in a recent edition of the U.S. News and World Report that said something about Coke and Pepsi will be adding the caffeine content (as in the actual amt./% D.V. [as determined by the U.S.D.A. or the F.D.A., or whomever]) in grams or whatever caffeine is/can be measured in as far as that's concerned...also, I believe Punk has taken the Pepsi challenge, only he chose Pepsi after cheating by injecting himself with large amounts of the stuff directly before testing.:shifty:

Edit: Here's an excerpt from said U.S. News and World Report article, which can be found in full at http://www.usnews.com/usnews/health/articles/070415/23caffeine.htm.

[...]Meantime, soft drink manufacturers, seeing growing concern in Congress and among local politicians about children's access to energy drinks, announced in February that they'll now list caffeine content on drinks. The Coca-Cola Co. has already relabeled Full Throttle energy drink (141 mg per 16 ounces) and its new Enviga sparkling green tea (100 mg in 12 ounces); classic Coke will reveal its 34 milligrams in May. PepsiCo will have caffeine content on Pepsi and other drinks this summer.

Jeritron
05-02-2007, 12:40 PM
You forgot Vanilla, Diet Vanilla, Diet Twist, and the Vanilla/Cherry mix

Jeritron
I forgot about Pepsi Blue, damn that was gross.

The One
Punk likes Pepsi for the same reason I do, it gives you that little extra jump after a nice long heroine binge.

The One
05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
You forgot Vanilla, Diet Vanilla, Diet Twist, and the Vanilla/Cherry mix

DAMN! I have failed. :'( But I did get the Vanilla/Cherry mix, it's a Jazz...

*sinks away to go edit it in shame...*

Xero
This thread is pretty much moot anyway.

Coke-a-Cola > All. After a Coke I don't feel the need to drink water to get the taste of sugar out of my mouth.

Jeritron
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTeO_hVbeas"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wTeO_hVbeas" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Also, sXe is a bunch of fucking attention hungry pussies. And CM Punk is a good wrestler otherwise.

He may be a good wrestler, but he isn't that good of a pro-wrestler, from what I've seen. He is a fairly bland martial art's style striker. Plus G2S = gay.

Londoner
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Coke > Pepsi

The One
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Coke > Pepsi

The One
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Though in honesty, I couldn't pass a Pepsi Challenge...unless I had a whole can and I got that kotton mouth feeling after the Pepsi.

The One
05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Suddenly, from the depths of the internet, I give you the long lost Pepsi...

http://home.att.net/~anya_ponomareva/store/9k_2.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I forgot about Pepsi Blue, damn that was gross.

...then surely if you hated it that much, you must also probably despise Jones Blue Bubble Gum Soda and Faygo's blue-raspberry soda???

BigDaddyCool
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Pepsi > everything ever.

Londoner
05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Coke > Pepsi > BDF...er i mean BDC

RGWhat316
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi anyways. But apparently, we can add another Pepsi to the list. One of my friends had a brand new Pepsi the other day that supposed to be a tropical mix now.

Stickman
05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I believe Sprite and Disani are pepsi products as well....so are lays pototo chips i think.

Rammsteinmad
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Milk > Everything.

Whole, Semi Skimmed, Skimmed... see how easy that is?

Unless you wanna get technical and go into UHT Milk, Goats Milk, Powdered milk etc... :mad:

Powdered Pepsi anyone? :shifty:

Slow
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Pepsi Max rules over all soft drinks. Coke and Tango can only wish they were as artificially sweet as the Max and it's brother Lilt

Better Than You
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I believe Sprite and Disani are pepsi products as well....so are lays pototo chips i think.both are coke

M-A-G
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM

It was the same sh*t as regular Pepsi; what are you on about?

Kane Knight
05-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, not that I wanna be known for sticking up for Punk, but what if he drinks Caffeine Free?

Well, he touts that he drinks Pepsi at clubs when everyone else is going for beer. I can't name many places that stock caffeine free Pepsi...

But there's caffeine in even Caffeine Free Pepsi.

Yes, Caffeine is a drug. But Straight Edge fuckwits are hypocrites, and so it doesn't count.

They should probably count many food additives. Sugar (In the form of corn syrup) behaves like a drug in your system. Asparatame IS a drug. Ketchup should be banned, as you're better off smoking pot.

Butthey don't, because there's no substance to straight edge.

The Fugitive
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Pepsi tastes like chemical shit, at least here. Give me a Coke anyday.

Arnold HamNegger
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I had one of those Diet Pepsi Jazz Caramel Cream soda's today. I swear, the second it hits your tongue it's like a sexy party!

Pepsi Man
05-02-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe Sprite and Disani are pepsi products as well....so are lays pototo chips i think.
Actually, while Frito-Lay and Pepsi do team up quite a bit, especially in marketing and special promotions, both Sprite and Dasani are Coca-Cola products.

Slow
05-03-2007, 06:26 AM
As far as the straight edge thing goes, i (don't) would consider myself straight edge because i don't drink alcohol, smoke anything or do drugs; yeah caffine is classed as a drug but it pales in comparison to your ectasy and cannabis, and isn't illegal. Straight edge to me is them three while obeying the laws surrounding them. While i'm at it, you've gotta be pretty weak to need any of the above to have a good time or to get through the day.

Theo Dious
05-03-2007, 09:09 AM
It was the same sh*t as regular Pepsi; what are you on about?

I don't suppose I got a bad run every time I tried it, but it always tasted like someone had fucked up the mix at a soda fountain.

Theo Dious
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Ketchup should be banned, as you're better off smoking pot.

That's why they invented tomacco, man.

XL
05-03-2007, 01:47 PM
While i'm at it, you've gotta be pretty weak to need any of the above to have a good time or to get through the day.

:lol:

I :heart: that sentiment!

"Just cos I don't do "........" I don't see what kick others get out of it!! You're all sheep to these things that you NEED to be able to live"

Crock of shit! I don't smoke or take drugs but I drink from time to time and sometimes excessively...so shoot me!

I'm not an addict, I don't need these things to survive or have a good time. They just help!!

Still pos rep for you my friend! :y:

XL
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Oh and Pepsi is my choice BTW

DAMN iNATOR
05-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I know we've mentioned Crystal Pepsi before, but I've yet to see anyone mention
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/TaB_Clear.PNG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TaB_Clear.PNG)
Yes, that's right TaB Clear. Introduced in 1993 but quickly pulled.

The One
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
What do we do when rebellion has become hip and cool? Rebel against rebellion.

sXe is fucking dumb shit. Don't drink? Ok. Don't smoke? Good for you. Don't do drugs? Congrats. Don't have random sex? Personal choice. Call yourself sXe? You're a dumb fucker who's starved for attention. And for people who make the "I don't need it, you must be weak if you need it" argument, shut the fuck up. Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. Not everyone who smokes pot is a stoner. Not everyone who has sex is a whore. I also don't need to have my iPod when I go out for a run, but it sure makes it more enjoyable. The fact is, some people simply have more fun while they are fucked up. I am one of those people. When it's time to work, it's time to work. When it's time to be responsible, I am. When it comes to how I choose to spend my friday night, who the fuck are you to tell me what to do? And before people start in with sXe is a personal choice, save the bullshit. If it was for yourself, you simply wouldn't do those things, you wouldn't need to come up with a term to make it sound hardcore. My grandpa never drank, never smoked, and probably never even saw drugs...that was a personal choice.

Team Sheep
05-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Lol we have

Pepsi
Diet Pepsi
Pepsi Max
Pepsi Twist

And yeah that's about it.

.44 Magdalene
05-03-2007, 03:11 PM
There's not nearly enough love for Dr. Pepper on these boards.

:(

Xero
05-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Mountain Dew > Dr. Pepper > Everything Else

The One
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Diet Coke w/ a Lime. > Everything else.

FTW :mad:

Xero
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Lemon > Lime

DAMN iNATOR
05-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Lemon > Lime

@ X L 126: Well then, my good sir, allow me to inquire as to how you feel about the "lymon" flavor of Sprite...do you feel it is more lemon or more lime or equal, and also, do you enjoy Sprite at all, or is Mountain Dew as close as you'll ever get to a citrus soft drink?

Oh, and also to everyone...why is it that we in Michigan have a tendency to call soda, "pop", but everywhere else in the States they call it "soda" or "soda pop"? Just wondered if someone could clear that up...

Xero
05-03-2007, 04:44 PM
I like Sprite. I just like Lemon better than lime.

I can eat a Lemon like an orange. Limes taste like shit by themselves.

DAMN iNATOR
05-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I like Sprite. I just like Lemon better than lime.

I can eat a Lemon like an orange. Limes taste like shit by themselves.

Ya I feel the same way on the whole lemon-lime issue, just didn't know what your thoughts were on that since they call it lymon.

Mercury Bullet
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
...to throw this is in...(and I dunno if its already been covered)...

There's like three different kinds of Pepsi Jazz ('s) out there.

All are gross. Three hundred and seven kinds of Pepsi, one that tastes acceptable.

Mercury Bullet
05-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Dr. Pepper gave me acid reflux disease.

Seriously, in high school I drank 4+ a day, and continued to drink alot of them shortly there afterwards. A couple months later I started getting really bad stomach problems that can be attributed to Dr. Pepper consumption.

Mercury Bullet
05-03-2007, 05:47 PM
And I'm gonna go the other direction on the Lemon-Lime debate, I like Sprite and Sierra Mist, etc...BUT I prefer Lime to Lemon. I like Limeade better than Lemonade.

Afterlife
05-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Diet Caffeine Free? Lol.

America is also home to plethera of toothpastes and dental care professionals. :yes: :y:

Afterlife
05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Dr. Pepper gave me acid reflux disease.

Seriously, in high school I drank 4+ a day, and continued to drink alot of them shortly there afterwards. A couple months later I started getting really bad stomach problems that can be attributed to Dr. Pepper consumption.

You do realise, of course, that's about the same as jumping naked on a pile of razors and then blaming the blades for your blood loss?

Kane Knight
05-03-2007, 09:16 PM
What do we do when rebellion has become hip and cool? Rebel against rebellion.

sXe is fucking dumb shit. Don't drink? Ok. Don't smoke? Good for you. Don't do drugs? Congrats. Don't have random sex? Personal choice. Call yourself sXe? You're a dumb fucker who's starved for attention. And for people who make the "I don't need it, you must be weak if you need it" argument, shut the fuck up. Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. Not everyone who smokes pot is a stoner. Not everyone who has sex is a whore. I also don't need to have my iPod when I go out for a run, but it sure makes it more enjoyable. The fact is, some people simply have more fun while they are fucked up. I am one of those people. When it's time to work, it's time to work. When it's time to be responsible, I am. When it comes to how I choose to spend my friday night, who the fuck are you to tell me what to do? And before people start in with sXe is a personal choice, save the bullshit. If it was for yourself, you simply wouldn't do those things, you wouldn't need to come up with a term to make it sound hardcore. My grandpa never drank, never smoked, and probably never even saw drugs...that was a personal choice.

You know, honestly, I don't see the point to drugs. I think it's stupid as fuck, but as long as you're not hurting anyone, your choice.

I also think that straightedge is bullshit.

I also think that what most wrestlers do to their bodies (Even "safe wrestling") is worse than what casual drugs will do, so it's doubly bullshit. I mean, we're talking about a guy who claims (In character, of course, but it's still ironic) that his only vice is competition. Yes, that's still a vice. And it can be worse for you than heroin. Adrenaline is a vice. A drug, even. Risk taking (which sort of ties to Adrenaline in most cases, but). Pepsi is fucking awful for you.

It's not about respecting your body, it's about following a trendbucking trend.

Afterlife
05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah. Fuck 'im.

Mercury Bullet
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
You do realise, of course, that's about the same as jumping naked on a pile of razors and then blaming the blades for your blood loss?

Yes.

:shifty:

.44 Magdalene
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, a Mountain Dew/Surge combination gave me ulcers before high school.

DAMN iNATOR
05-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Well, a Mountain Dew/Surge combination gave me ulcers before high school.

I'm gonna ask you nicely to not diss the Surge. It was mad good, and just when I was really getting used to it they pull the stuff. What kinda stupid marketing shit is THAT, Coca-Cola Company:rant: :mad: :nono:? Jackasses.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c7/Surge_logo.png/300px-Surge_logo.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Surge_logo.png)
R.I.P. SurgeŽ∙1996-2002
We hardly knew ye...:'( :wavesad:

Mercury Bullet
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Some of these soda's are freakin' dangerous...if people can sue McDonalds for getting fat I should damn well be able to sue some soda companies for having acid reflux.

Kane Knight
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
The problem is, those are tardsuits.

You can sue, but you're a moron if you do.

However, saying it was the cause isn't exactly wrong. It's only if you actually transfer the blame to them that it's a problem.

Heartburn, if not reflux, is a foreseeable effect of too much soda.

Weight gain is a foreseeable effect of McDonald's food.

Better Than You
05-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm gonna ask you nicely to not diss the Surge. It was mad good, and just when I was really getting used to it they pull the stuff. What kinda stupid marketing shit is THAT, Coca-Cola Company:rant: :mad: :nono:? Jackasses.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c7/Surge_logo.png/300px-Surge_logo.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Surge_logo.png)
R.I.P. SurgeŽ∙1996-2002
We hardly knew ye...:'( :wavesad:

Surge was great.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2007, 04:48 AM
I wasn't dissing it... I mean I seriously had faults in the lining of my stomache, and a doctor told me to stop drinking soda entirely for a few months. Surge was the shit, but it could fuck your insides up faster than anything else. It was the speedball of sodas--it doesn't take much to overdo it.

.44 Magdalene
05-06-2007, 04:49 AM
By the way, spoiler warning.

Vault is Surge.

DAMN iNATOR
05-06-2007, 04:32 PM
By the way, spoiler warning.

Vault is Surge.

I can see where you would say that, however, you'd surely agree that the amount of carbs and sugar in Vault is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less than that of Surge right? Also, Vault Red Blitz>Original Vault

The Naitch
05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1B1Gkc2YNs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N1B1Gkc2YNs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Afterlife
05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes.

:shifty:

Well...good.