PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Heat

HatchetWrestler1986
12-12-2003, 05:47 PM
What the hell happin to Heat over the past few years, when Heat first came out it was freakin awesome, it was like a Mini Version of RAW, it had all the good wreslters and the storylines from RAW and Smackdown carried onto Sunday Night, but now all it is is Midcard Central and the Superstar Graveyard, it sucks! :mad:

Head
12-13-2003, 03:05 AM
I dunno, I used to have the same feelings as you on Heat, but than I realized that 4 hours of wrestling a week is enough for me. I like the fact that Heat is a show that I could decide not to watch, and not miss anything major in the Raw storylines. Plus, if they put all the main eventers on Heat, they may as well just release half the Raw roster who get only TV time on Heat.

Mikey
12-13-2003, 11:05 AM
I guess when Smackdown came it took some of the pressure off of Raw so they just made Heat a show to build up young talent

sexymanalive
12-24-2003, 03:03 PM
what are u taking about Heat is ansome i remeber a cuople of days ago HHH had to face maven put the worls title on the line and he won with No help no wepons no nothing plus Heat better then smackdowns saturday show

Kenny
12-24-2003, 03:17 PM
what are u taking about Heat is ansome i remeber a cuople of days ago HHH had to face maven put the worls title on the line and he won with No help no wepons no nothing plus Heat better then smackdowns saturday show

Yeah but the show used to end with Stone Cold / Rock segments.

I agree. I don't think they should go with any storyline progression on HeAT or Velocity. But I think they should have big names on the show. Even if it's just dominating matches like Kane vs some Jobber. That's how the weekend shows used to be anyway and I enjoyed it. Just an excuse for the guys to show off their moves and play the crowd.

The last really good match (Well, should have been) that I can remember seeing on HeAT was Rob Van Dam vs Mr. Perfect. That match should have been longer and a little more back and forth.

The CyNick
12-24-2003, 07:36 PM
The problem is that now people are conditioned to turn away from squash matches. Back in the day thats all we got, so we watched, but nowadays fans see squash matches and they turn the channel.

Heat got shafted when SD came on because they had to run 4 hours vs 2 hours of storyline advancing TV. However, now with the brand extension, they should go back to making Heat and now Velocity play a larger role in storylines. Believe me, if nothing happens on Heat or Velocity, it doesn't matter who shows up on the show, people wont watch.

IMO they should do three things to improve those shows:

#1. Have at least on match with top level guys. On Heat I would have a guy like HBK or Goldberg or Kane or whoever appear every week against at least a mid level opponent. For example, have HBK vs Test or something along those lines. Also, they should have the occasional title match on the show.

#2. Storylines have to advance. As I mentioned, if storylines dont advance, people dont watch. It will take people a while to realize they have to watch Heat/Velocity to keep up, so you have to run highlights on RAW/SD about what happened on the secondary shows.

#3. Embrace the fact that Heat/Velocity feature younger talent. I would mention every now and then say on SD that Spanky and Paul London are tearing it up on Velocity. Then on Velocity have Spanky/London win some type of match where they get to wrestle on SD. On Velocity you promote that for a couple of weeks, and then on SD when they appear the announcers can talk about what a big opportunity it is for them to appear on SD. So what you do is you let people know that some young talent is on Velocity, but at the same time there is a good chance they will make the jump to the main roster. As a fan it would be like watching a young prospect in the minor leagues, and then watching him make it in the big leagues.

If you combine all three things, you have stroyline advancement, weekly appearances by major stars, and the focus on younger up and coming talents.

Lara Emily
12-24-2003, 07:54 PM
[...]

The last really good match (Well, should have been) that I can remember seeing on HeAT was Rob Van Dam vs Mr. Perfect. That match should have been longer and a little more back and forth.
I saw that match live :D

BCWWF
12-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Back in the day I used to get a lot of enjoyment out of watching Shotgun. That was when I didnt have cable, but even so it was sweet.

Boondock Saint
12-25-2003, 01:20 AM
Ya, I primarily don't watch because the storylines do not progress. I enjoy the younger talent and all, but I don't go out of my way to watch Heat/Velocity. I remember one Heat when Austin cleared the ring of the entire Ministry at the end of the show. Good times. I even remember an episode of Shotgun advancing a storyline involving the Outlaws and something.

Anyways, seeing younger talent is good and all, but without big names and advancement of storylines, no one will watch on a weekly basis.

HatchetWrestler1986
12-26-2003, 11:00 PM
im glad other people feel the same way as me

MVP
12-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Not enough people watched Shotgun, Jakked, or what is now Velocity. Low ratings also influenced the increase of jobber matches without storylines, which is weird because HeAt got pretty good ratings for the first year or two.