PDA

View Full Version : Santino Marella

Jordan
05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
I haven't herd too much feedback on this guy so im making a topic about him.

He came in nobody knew him and in less than 5 minutes changed the world!
Or thats what we are supposed to think, only he didnt. This wasn't a bad idea by the WWE but it just isn't working for me. I like that they tried to surprise us but the guy has to have a few matches that are pretty good for anybody to like him! I don't think I have seen one of his matches since he won. He should be getting crammed down our throats like the Condemned but if I may say so, Santino Marella is the one who is CONDEMNED:naughty:

DAMN iNATOR
05-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I haven't herd too much feedback on this guy so im making a topic about him.

He came in nobody knew him and in less than 5 minutes changed the world!
Or thats what we are supposed to think, only he didnt. This wasn't a bad idea by the WWE but it just isn't working for me. I like that they tried to surprise us but the guy has to have a few matches that are pretty good for anybody to like him! I don't think I have seen one of his matches since he won. He should be getting crammed down our throats like the Condemned but if I may say so, Santino Marella is the one who is CONDEMNED:naughty:

There's talk of him dropping the belt to Masters at Judgment Day, however, whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

Blitz
05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Jordan X, that was one of the weirdest posts I've ever read.

Xero
05-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I think it's a great storyline. It hasn't gone on long enough for me to really judge it, but the fact that they didn't have him on two weeks ago isn't a good thing.

Jordan
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Don't you think Vince would do his normal "Im gonna make your life a living hell until I get the title off of you!" bit. I need proof he can be a champion of the... intercontinental regions.

DAMN iNATOR
05-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Don't you think Vince would do his normal "Im gonna make your life a living hell until I get the title off of you!" bit. I need proof he can be a champion of the... intercontinental regions.

I don't necessarily think so. If the guy shows signs of steady improvements over the next few weeks, who knows, they may even change their minds and let him have a decent run with the belt.

Stickman
05-07-2007, 06:03 PM
has he had any matches other than the one?

Jordan
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
has he had any matches other than the one?

I don't think anybody knows the answer to that question for sure. Although it is possible.

I think its a big opportunity to do the Rocky Balboa type character, but you can't keep that up forever he's gotta grow some balls sometime.

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2007, 07:21 PM
I read some guy's idea that Santino Marella should have turned heel at Backlash, and helped Vince win the ECW World Title. Marella would have been a deliberate plant by Vince, who was always intended to betray Lashley. I think that would have been a cool approach to the character.

I really like Marella, and I think he has got a ton of potential. His work in OVW as Boris Alexiev was meant to be reminiscent of Kurt Angle. I hope they don't have him drop the IC Title at Judgment Day to Chris Masters. Kenny Dykstra and Johnny Nitro should both be ahead of Masters. The last two matches Masters has wrestled? He jobbed to Cryme Tyme and Val Venis. Yes, Chris Masters did the clean job to Val Venis (after beating him, but still).

A random idea for Marella's first program came into my head. It is a way to establish him as a wrestler, rather than as a fan (which I think it important). On RAW, have Marella defend the belt against Val Venis. No, this isn't a "push Val Venis," thing, so get off my back. Val is just a guy on the roster that can be used for reliable matches. He is also low on the totem pole, so Marella could beat him and not make the WWE look like a bunch of amateurs.

Marella and Venis could work a great back-and-forth match. I'd actually have Marella play the heel against Venis, showing a "will do whatever it takes," streak to keep his dream alive. Needless to say, Val Venis is not happy about losing to a rookie.

The next week, Marella is defending against Kenny Dykstra, and Val Venis comes out to observe. Marella plays the full-fledged babyface in this one, and just as he is about to pin Dykstra, Venis gets into the ring and starts beating down Marella, giving him a second success defence, albeit via disqualification.

At Judgment Day, Marella needs to find a tag team partner to take on the team of Val Venis and Kenny Dykstra, who have put their differences aside to try and teach this newcomer a lesson. Originally I was going to have Marella reveal he was assigned Al Snow as a trainer upon entering the WWE, which would allow Snow a chance to return and get a little exposure on RAW for a bit, but I guess you could also have Marella call up an Italian buddy, in Big Vito or Little Guido. Mmm, let's just say they go with Snow.

Santino Marella and Al Snow defeat Val Venis and Kenny Dykstra in the opening match of Judgment Day, when Snow gets the pin. The next night on RAW, we get a rematch, this time the heels pick up the win when Snow turns on Santino Marella. Snow makes it his intent to challenge his student for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.

At the next PPV (I think it would be One Night Stand), we get Santino Marella vs. Al Snow vs. Val Venis vs. Kenny Dykstra in a Fatal Fourway Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. It doesn't sound like one of those high-up IC Title Matches, but I think they need to slowly establish Marella. Pushing him too fast, too hard, no matter how amazing winning the IC Title in his debut was, could cause the character to land flat on its face.

The One Night Stand match is won by Kenny Dykstra, who pins Val Venis. Dykstra could handle an IC Title reign, so let him have one. Marella can then chase the belt he wasn't even pinned to lose like a good babyface. Marella can win the belt back at Vengeance, before they face off one final time at The Great American Bash, where Marella goes over once and for all to end this chapter of his title reign. That takes us up to a feud with a wrestler higher on the roster heading into Summerslam.

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
I'd also like to make the following statement:

I wouldn't mind it if WWE relocated the Full Blooded Italians to RAW. Santino Marella can be the singles guy, Big Vito and Little Guido can challenge for the World Tag Team Championship (I'd have Vito pick the "Big" back up, just because it contrasts well to Guido's "Little"). Trinity can work in the Women's Division. I think it would be a nifty little stable.

Dorkchop
05-07-2007, 09:45 PM
RAW SPOILER THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY A SPOILER:

He had a match on Raw and was announced as 130 kilos. If you do the match, that means he's roughly 286 lbs (Canadian weight is in kilos, but most people go by pounds).

Blitz
05-07-2007, 10:27 PM
I believe it was 103 kilos, not 130.

AJHayes
05-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I really enjoyed what they did in his interview last week to place the IC title at the center of attention in that storyline, as it should be. Maybe he'lll be able to give the title some meaning again.

Mr. Nerfect
05-08-2007, 12:44 AM
To make Judgment Day something other than a complete failure, they should have Rob Van Dam and Santino Marella team up with Bobby Lashley in the Handicap Match. Have Linda McMahon return and exert her authority, as Vince is ECW Champion, thus should step down from his Chairman duties, temporarily, as it is a conflict of interest. Have her feed Vince to the wolves.

Have the Six-Man Tag be two falls: First fall for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, the second fall for the ECW World Championship. Marella retains his Title in the first fall; Lashley pins Vince McMahon in the second.