PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Sabu released!

Chuck Jones
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
WWE has come to terms on the release of Sabu. We wish Sabu all the best in all future endeavors

from WWE.com

Thoughts

Ben Rodrigues
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
So who's left? RVD - leaving the company.

So Sandman and Dreamer I guess... Well then.

Jordan
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Jesus, that sucks. Back to TNA.

thedamndest
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Makes sense. With all the Lashley sales, who needs some second rate pothead? Shiek's already in the HoF anyway.

RGWhat316
05-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I like the guy, but unfortuantely it seemed only a matter of time before he was gone, and looks like times up.

#1-norm-fan
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
So ridiculous

Better Than You
05-15-2007, 07:35 PM
HEY! The first one I care about!

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Fuck is this true? Well hopefully he still has a shot in TNA. God damn I wasnt expecting this...

chrisat928
Does anyone else think TNA already has too many wrestlers, for such a limited show, to be hiring more WWE cast-offs?

Mr. JL
Sabu is the mang.

Oh well, he got to compete in one hell of a dream match against Rey Mysterio, got his name out there once again on a mainstream level, wrestled at SummerSlam, Survivor Series, the Royal Rumble and picked up a victory at WrestleMania 23 in the memory of the original ECW.

M-A-G
05-15-2007, 07:39 PM
He'll get used by some promotion who thinks he's worth a damn so no worries.

Blue Demon
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sabureleased

Mr. JL
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh, and got to induct his uncle, The Original Sheik into the Hall of Fame.

Better Than You
05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
It was a good run for him.

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Ya at least he was able to induct his uncle before he left..

St. Jimmy
05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Let's speculate why however?

Blitz
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Meh.

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 07:46 PM
On TPWW, it says he showed up late with no gear.

Mr. JL
05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I read on a wrestling-edge.com that he showed up to the ECW tapings late and didn't even bother to bring his ring gear as well.

St. Jimmy
05-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Still, I say drugs.

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
No... No.. its not drugs! he's a good muslim!! :'(

ClockShot
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Meh. Wonder what's gonna happen tonight.

M-A-G
05-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Let's speculate why however?

Cause he's worthless?

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by M-A-G
Cause he's worthless?

Explain. I'd like to hear why you think so. (Being serious not sarcastic)

St. Jimmy
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Becuase showing up late... without your gear... kinda makes me think you're a wee bit high.

Londoner
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Bit harsh considering he's heavily involved in a storyline atm...

Crossrine
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Kinda ironic..

Which ECW Superstar has the best chance of becoming a Mr. Money in the Bank next year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah Burke 31.88 %
CM Punk 8.00 %
Sabu 33.28 %
Kevin Thorn 25.78 %
Marcus Cor Von 1.04 %

KingofOldSchool
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Becuase showing up late... without your gear... kinda makes me think you're a wee bit high.

That or he already knew he was being released today.

6to1
05-15-2007, 08:20 PM
yea he allready sent his gear to orlando

DAMN iNATOR
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!:nono: :mad:

I’M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW, WORDS CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT.

chrisat928
05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Does anyone else think TNA already has too many wrestlers, for such a limited show, to be hiring more WWE cast-offs?

DarKCentaur
05-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Kinda ironic..

Which ECW Superstar has the best chance of becoming a Mr. Money in the Bank next year?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah Burke 31.88 %
CM Punk 8.00 %
Sabu 33.28 %
Kevin Thorn 25.78 %
Marcus Cor Von 1.04 %

Looks like the average fan is pretty smart after all :lol:

M-A-G
05-15-2007, 08:34 PM

That's my opinion based on what I've observed.

lort
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Bye bye over-the-hill spotmonkey.

Xero
05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Sabu in the WWE landscape is worthless. He can't talk and he's a spot monkey, more than almost anyone in the entire industry. He's best suited for a place like TNA where they can have him hop around and do flippity shit in the low card than take up time on WWE TV with horrid promos and horrid matches.

BigDaddyCool
05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Meh, Sabu's best days were 10 years ago, so whatever.

Kane Knight
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't give a shit.

Theo Dious
05-15-2007, 10:34 PM

No, they'll just fire off some of the useless ones. They only hold onto some of those guys for ballast until their entire roster can be made up of their own stars and WWE rejects.

So in other words, Joe, Styles, and the rest.

Theo Dious
05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
And incidentally, yes, this DOES qualify Sabu as a WWE reject.

chrisat928
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I just counted TNAs on-air talent from their own website, 46 people. For a one hour TV show.
That really seems like alot to me.

Xero
05-15-2007, 11:01 PM
LOL, that would mean to fit everyone onto one Impact they'd need at least 9 wrestlers on every five minutes.

Juan
05-15-2007, 11:02 PM
File this news under "It was bound to happen"

Mercury Bullet
05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
He'll be good for TNA, he can go through some tables, West can yell about how bizarre it is...etc.

chrisat928
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL, that would mean to fit everyone onto one Impact they'd need at least 9 wrestlers on every five minutes.
They actually try that more often then they should.

Kane Knight
05-15-2007, 11:11 PM

That's pretty...Expected. They just snatch up everyone WWE gets rid of.

Mr. Nerfect
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
TNA doesn't pick up every guy the WWE casts off. How someone can fault a company for picking up guys like Kurt Angle and Rhino is beyond me. TNA gets too much shit for giving a home to established talent the WWE fucks up with.

Sabu is way passed his prime. Wasn't he almost dying at one point? His release doesn't surprise me, and I don't think it was a bad move by the WWE, at all. Look for The Sandman to join him soon. I wouldn't recommend hiring him to TNA, as he doesn't really fit anywhere. Unless they do get Rob Van Dam, and they want them as kind of a tag team/babyface hardcore guys to bump for Abyss. I can see Sabu working some NWA shows, and if Wrestling Society X starts up again (which I don't think it will), Sabu could be the only guy there with a name with some weight.

AdrianM
05-16-2007, 01:41 AM
don't care one bit. His last few matches, it honestly seemed like he really didn't give a damn.

Can't believe any of you are surprised by this happening. Personally I've been really dissapointed with Sabu. His first few months were great, then he just completely dropped off. The biggest issue now is what are they gonna do with Originals vs new breed i spose

Rammsteinmad
05-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Meh, Sabu's best days were 10 years ago, so whatever.

Theo Dious
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
TNA doesn't pick up every guy the WWE casts off.

Out of TNA's listed roster on their website:

14 released by WWE in the past few years:

Brother Ray
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Kip James
Kurt Angle
Raven
Scott Steiner
Tomko
Brother Devon
Brother Runt
Christian Cage
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Rhino

Six released by WWE at some longer point:

BG James
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Ron Killings
Shane Douglas
Bob Backlund

Other guys I can think of that were in TNA that were WWE-grown:
X-pac (whatever the hell you want to call him)
Scott Hall
D-Lo Brown
Jeff Hardy

The biggest name they have that was never in WWE is Sting. The biggest guy they have that was never in WWE or WCW is Samoa Joe. And then Abyss. You could argue that they did some good shit with Monty Brown before he went to WWE. Pretty much the rest of their home-growns are in Spot-Monkey Central... erm, I mean, the X Division.

Point being, there haven't been a lot of even mildly recognizable names that haven't sailed ship for TNA after leaving WWE. Jericho comes to mind, and he's about it. Matt Hardy would have ended up there if the WWE fan's hadn't demanded him back. And there is also the perception that any time a wrestler's imminent WWE release is mentioned, the immediate reaction is "TNA, here comes ________!" TNA is basically the desktop recycle bin for released WWE talent.

Jeritron
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
You know, WWE should push Cor Von and put the title on him. Just so it sends a message to TNA wrestlers. Think about it. Ever since they've tried to compete with WWE it's all been about Sting, Christian and Angle. I'm not saying that's wrong, but when they see Monty Brown get a push, and realize they're being buried int he midcard, maybe guys like Styles, Joe and Daniels won't be so loyal and will head north for a bigger contract.

Theo Dious
05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
You know, that's a damn fine idea. Push Cor Von to the moon, and you have a shot at seriously damaging the morale of TNA's locker room. That's worth 10 WWE stars cutting crybaby promos in TNA. :y:

addy2hotty
05-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Kinda ironic..

Elijah Burke 31.88 %
CM Punk 8.00 %
Sabu 33.28 %
Kevin Thorn 25.78 %
Marcus Cor Von 1.04 %

WTF is going on? I thought Punk was superdupermegajumbobiglyamazinglytotallyandtheonlyone over in ECW?

Theo Dious
05-16-2007, 01:02 PM
WTF is going on? I thought Punk was superdupermegajumbobiglyamazinglytotallyandtheonlyone over in ECW?

:wtf:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:|
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:shifty:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:lol:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
Oh wait, you were serious.

addy2hotty
05-16-2007, 01:07 PM
:wtf:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:|
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:shifty:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
</>
</>
</>
</>
</>
Oh wait, you were serious.

http://www.innsurfers.at/cms/files/chicks.jpg

Theo Dious
05-16-2007, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure what the point is, but that is damn funny.

Xero
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Kitty: I'm sorry, we just can't date anymore.
Chick: But WHY!?
Kitty: People will talk!
Chick: Who cares?!
Kitty: Frankly, just the fact that you like TNA turns me off, I don't need to be reminded of it constantly.
Chick: :(

Jaded-Dragon
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Brother Ray
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Kip James
Kurt Angle
Raven
Scott Steiner
Tomko
Brother Devon
Brother Runt
Christian Cage
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Rhino

BG James
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Ron Killings
Shane Douglas
Bob Backlund

Scott Hall
D-Lo Brown
Jeff Hardy

The biggest name they have that was never in WWE is Sting. The biggest guy they have that was never in WWE or WCW is Samoa Joe. And then Abyss. You could argue that they did some good shit with Monty Brown before he went to WWE. Pretty much the rest of their home-growns are in Spot-Monkey Central... erm, I mean, the X Division.

Point being, there haven't been a lot of even mildly recognizable names that haven't sailed ship for TNA after leaving WWE. Jericho comes to mind, and he's about it. Matt Hardy would have ended up there if the WWE fan's hadn't demanded him back. And there is also the perception that any time a wrestler's imminent WWE release is mentioned, the immediate reaction is "TNA, here comes ________!" TNA is basically the desktop recycle bin for released WWE talent.

Now, how much of the rest of their roster was stolen from ROH?

BigDaddyCool
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Now, how much of the rest of their roster was stolen from ROH?

Who gives a fuck if they "stole" talent from RoH? RoH is is gay. Why does the IWC feel that workers have to be loyal to indy promotions or that it is wrong to hire guys from smaller promotions to slightly bigger promotions? Small promotions should realize that they are small and should be about constantly making new stars because if the guy are any good, the will be picked up by TNA or WWE eventually.

Theo Dious
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Who gives a fuck if they "stole" talent from RoH?

Well I don't know about "stole," but it does go another step to prove that TNA can't create stars to save their lives.

As for how much of their talent is former ROH... beats me, never seen ROH.

Kane Knight
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
TNA doesn't pick up every guy the WWE casts off. How someone can fault a company for picking up guys like Kurt Angle and Rhino is beyond me.

Really? I thought it was more the 50 other people that they picked up folks were faulting them for.

Ignore for a moment the condition Angle was in and the reason he was released being good reason to fault someone hiring him, because you will anyway.

You still have dozens of other hirings, when they oculd barely keep their own people on TV.

It's not hard to find fault in that practice, strawmen aside.

People aren't complaining about two guys. They're complaining about a large number of guys.

Kane Knight
05-17-2007, 12:52 PM

Brother Ray
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Kip James
Kurt Angle
Raven
Scott Steiner
Tomko
Brother Devon
Brother Runt
Christian Cage
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Rhino

BG James
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Ron Killings
Shane Douglas
Bob Backlund

Scott Hall
D-Lo Brown
Jeff Hardy

vBulletin Message <!-- main error message --> You STILL must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DarthTedious again.

DAMN iNATOR
05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I was thinking besides Marcus Cor Von, they might also want to consider pushing Thorn towards ME status, maybe not thrust him into the picture right away, but build him up for a while. I think he's got potential, personally.

05-18-2007, 06:46 AM
1. Not surprised over the release, as it was generally expected after the hall of fame.

2. Not surprised.

3. Not surprised.

4. No big loss, really.

5. What was going on in ECW 15 years ago? Oh right.

:y:

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Really? I thought it was more the 50 other people that they picked up folks were faulting them for.

Ignore for a moment the condition Angle was in and the reason he was released being good reason to fault someone hiring him, because you will anyway.

You still have dozens of other hirings, when they oculd barely keep their own people on TV.

It's not hard to find fault in that practice, strawmen aside.

People aren't complaining about two guys. They're complaining about a large number of guys.

LMAO! You actually neg repped me for this. Took it a little personally didn't you? The fact is TNA doesn't hire everyone the WWE casts off. Test, Charlie Haas and Tony Mamaluke weren't picked up. Duh. :roll:

My point was more people exaggerate how awful TNA really is because they are cynical cunts, rather than that they don't actually hire people who have worked in the WWE.

And shame on TNA for hiring wrestlers! Shame on them! Looking at the guys in the WWE, I wonder how many of them worked in other promotions during their careers? The WWE should have never hired them! It's as retarded as the stealing moves argument. "zOMG! Cm Punk used a move that he didn't invent!" No shit. We can't all be the first wrestler to ever bust out a suplex, can we?

You know nothing of Kurt Angle's condition. Why? Because you're a cynical whiney cunt. Angle might have needed a break, true, but the guy is the best wrestler in the world. If you were running a wrestling promotion and didn't snap up Angle when you had the chance, you deserve to burn. Don't ever insult my booking again, because not hiring some of the best wrestlers in the world when you have the chance is just retarded. Especially when your network is breathing down your back wanting top name talent.

Most of TNA's hirings have been good. I can't see anything wrong with bringing in a Rhino, or a Gail Kim. They serve a purpose. You may not like it, but hey, guess what? You're an idiot. Should TNA be creating their own stars? Fuck yes. Should they be pushing former WWE talent constantly ahead of their own homegrown guys? Fuck no. But hiring them is not the fucking problem.

:| At your "strawmen" thing. I'm pretty sure I now have a better understanding of the phrase more than you. Not surprising to me, because you are deceptively stupid. You still haven't figured out that "strawmen" is either meant to be presented as "straw men" or "straw-men". It's not one word.

And I would now point out the irony that you are of course using a straw-man argument, as you usually do (and ironically, anyone who ever literally introduces the phrase "straw-man" as an accusation really is), but this time it is not on purpose. You just missed the point and took things more seriously than I ever intented, because you a fucking idiot.

Go back to school, please. You're not ready for life.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Brother Ray
Christy Hemme
Gail Kim
Kip James
Kurt Angle
Raven
Scott Steiner
Tomko
Brother Devon
Brother Runt
Christian Cage
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Rhino

BG James
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Ron Killings
Shane Douglas
Bob Backlund

Scott Hall
D-Lo Brown
Jeff Hardy

I still maintain that "TNA, here comes ______!" is more to do with people trying to be funny. And failing. I guess they're trying, though.

TNA does hire a lot of guys released by the WWE. I'm not arguing that, I was just being an ass and pointing out that they didn't hire "everybody" the WWE has ever cast off. I just tend to take the side of a company that is actually somewhat successful rather than a cynical jackass on a computer trying to be funny and failing miserably.

It's admirable that you researched the list, but I was already aware of the talent on TNA's roster that has competed in the WWE in some point during their careers. I'm just against boring dickheads like Kane Knight cracking the same joke every time a WWE wrestler gets released.

Hey! Maybe, just maybe, the reason guys released from the WWE end up in TNA are because of the following two reasons:

1) They are the #2 wrestling promotion in America

2) The WWE can't utilise the real talents of guys for shit, so they end up releasing a lot of guys with amazing potential, and TNA takes it upon themselves to unleash said potential

This is more in reference specifically to Kane Knight, but any idiot who doesn't want to hire talent with potential, and bring in a guy with the credibility of a Kurt fucking Angle, doesn't have the right to make jokes about them. Hell, they don't have the right to make a joke about anything.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Sabu probably will end up in TNA, and people will whine about Sonjay Dutt not getting more airtime, and how TNA is stupid, etc. Lame jokes will be made, but at the end of the day, if Sabu is brought in, he is a name people care about. I personally don't, but the man has his fans, and he can bump when he needs to. With Rob Van Dam likely being signed (Hiss! How dare TNA hire this man!), the two could be a nice little veteran team for their tag team division, or whatever.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
I still maintain that "TNA, here comes ______!" is more to do with people trying to be funny. And failing. I guess they're trying, though.

It's not just that, though, it's that every time someone gets released, it's always "Yeah! Now they'll be in TNA where they'll be used properly, and pushed like the god they are!" So far the only guys that have gotten anything close to that treatment have been Raven and Christian. And yeah, Jeff Hardy got a decent push, and so did D'Lo... for about five minutes each.

The fact is TNA doesn't hire everyone the WWE casts off. Test, Charlie Haas and Tony Mamaluke weren't picked up.

That's three guys that didn't snap up, vs over 20 that they did. And except maybe for Haas, those guys don't have the smark cults that most of the others do.

It's admirable that you researched the list

Appreciate the compliment, but that was less of research and more cut-and-paste from the TNA site and some personal memory. And I wasn't really even trying to prove anything at first, I just wanted to satisfy my own curiousity.

There's nothing wrong with picking up WWE's discards, but the fact is that every guy they bring in from WWE is pushed as a WWE discard, with no eye as to how they could become a TNA star. Meanwhile released wrestler X's fans look forward to the arrival of their hero in TNA with orgasmic anticipation, unaware that released wrestler X is basically about to be sent to a minor league baseball team and proceed to claim that it's better than playing in the majors.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Sabu probably will end up in TNA, and people will whine about Sonjay Dutt not getting more airtime, and how TNA is stupid, etc. Lame jokes will be made, but at the end of the day, if Sabu is brought in, he is a name people care about. I personally don't, but the man has his fans, and he can bump when he needs to. With Rob Van Dam likely being signed (Hiss! How dare TNA hire this man!), the two could be a nice little veteran team for their tag team division, or whatever.

That's the problem though; Dutt, a guy who could have a future, will be shifted aside for Sabu, whose time is pretty much up. Eventually they'll miss the boat with Dutt, and Sabu will be gone, and they'll have nothing. Seems to me another company made the mistake of burying its unique talent for WWE discards. It was called WCW and memories of its last days make grown men weep.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
LMAO! You actually neg repped me for this. Took it a little personally didn't you?

Man, for someone who's talking about how prepared I am for life, you sure infer a lot of things that are patently stupid.

OMG U REPPED ME THAT MEANZ THIS IS PERSONAL.

Man, you are so stupid you then went on to make a 500 page lecture on it.

Sorry, the three seconds it took me to rep you was less than the time it took you to post your little spazz attack.

Anyone who thinks I'm more invested in this than you can join you on the short bus.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 02:45 PM
That's three guys that didn't snap up, vs over 20 that they did. And except maybe for Haas, those guys don't have the smark cults that most of the others do.

Whichs is basically, you know, the problem. Reality.

Appreciate the compliment, but that was less of research and more cut-and-paste from the TNA site and some personal memory. And I wasn't really even trying to prove anything at first, I just wanted to satisfy my own curiousity.

Attention span and memory, boys. It's a good thing.

But basically, Alienoid's complimenting you for telling him what everyone else was already aware of.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Man, for someone who's talking about how prepared I am for life, you sure infer a lot of things that are patently stupid.

OMG U REPPED ME THAT MEANZ THIS IS PERSONAL.

Man, you are so stupid you then went on to make a 500 page lecture on it.

Sorry, the three seconds it took me to rep you was less than the time it took you to post your little spazz attack.

Anyone who thinks I'm more invested in this than you can join you on the short bus.

That's retarded. Seriously, you are just retarded. You did get worked up about it: You neg-repped me, which is something you don't normally do, and then you cummed yourself over Tedious' post. I cum myself over Tedious all the time, but I could almost see the semen transmitted over the internet, and do not want the smell of loneliness in my house, thank you very much.

For a guy who prides himself on being so clever, you sure go off in the wrong direction with your arguments a lot. I just observed that you neg-repped me for once, hence you must have taken this on a different level than my other disagreements with you. I didn't shout, buddy. I was closer to laughing at you.

Do you even know what a short bus is, or are you just using words you don't know the meaning of, again? At least you didn't call it a "shortbus". We're starting to make progress now, I think.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
But basically, Alienoid's complimenting you for telling him what everyone else was already aware of.

Says the guy who almost ejaculated himself when DarthTedious posted it. :roll:

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Ironic Idiot of the Day: Kane Knight accused Alienoid06 of assumptions, and then accuses him of spazzing out. Considering Alienoid06 spent that entire rebuttal of Kane Knight's ignorance almost laughing his ass off, Kane Knight is guilty of what he accused Alienoid of. Hence he is today's Ironic Idiot of the Day!

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2007, 01:33 AM
It's not just that, though, it's that every time someone gets released, it's always "Yeah! Now they'll be in TNA where they'll be used properly, and pushed like the god they are!" So far the only guys that have gotten anything close to that treatment have been Raven and Christian. And yeah, Jeff Hardy got a decent push, and so did D'Lo... for about five minutes each.[/QUOUTE]

To be fair, Christian did walk away from the WWE, and wasn't forced out. Doesn't make too much of a difference, but for TNA to accept him makes them look a lot better than picking up K-Kwik and making him a World Champion.

I'd rather not see foreign wrestlers get epic pushes in TNA, but maybe that's just me. I'd rather see Kurt Angle working with guys like Petey Williams, and putting on great matches all over the place, eradicating any glass ceiling, etc. Jeff Hardy as TNA's World Champion would have just looked ugly.

The fans are the ones that should look like the idiots, not TNA. I'm on board with laughing at people who think that TNA is going to make every guy that comes along the greatest star at all-time. I'm just not on board with taking stabs at TNA for hiring them.

[QUOTE=DarthTedious]That's three guys that didn't snap up, vs over 20 that they did. And except maybe for Haas, those guys don't have the smark cults that most of the others do.

TNA does pick up a lot of WWE's former guys, true. I was just being literal and said that TNA doesn't pick up every guy WWE casts off. It was mainly in response to the same people who attack TNA, instead of a lot of their fans.

I'm glad it was, to be honest, because everyone is pretty familiar with TNA's talent pool by now. Everyone except for Kane Knight, who seemed to cum himself over your list for some reason. My respect for you as a poster continues to grow. :y:

There's nothing wrong with picking up WWE's discards, but the fact is that every guy they bring in from WWE is pushed as a WWE discard, with no eye as to how they could become a TNA star. Meanwhile released wrestler X's fans look forward to the arrival of their hero in TNA with orgasmic anticipation, unaware that released wrestler X is basically about to be sent to a minor league baseball team and proceed to claim that it's better than playing in the majors.

I agree with this. TNA does need to handle it's talent better. They seem to be taking steps in doing that now, with Robert Roode, Christopher Daniels, Chris Harris, James Storm, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles all making some pretty big leaps in recent times. But they are the homegrown talent. TNA has always put major WWE/WCW talent before their own, which is something worth faulting them for.

The fans used to get all anticipated for wrestlers coming into TNA, but I think most are souring on the product because TNA seems to be dropping the ball with a lot of the talent it already has. Now the only people I see that get happy when another guy gets released by the WWE, is someone who makes lame jokes about how they're going to end up in TNA and get the World Title, or something.