PDA

View Full Version : So Mario Strikers is out next week

Dave Youell
05-17-2007, 04:40 AM
First decent online game, looks like Pro Evo meets Mario Kart, never played the Cube version but I'm def getting this one.

The game play looks sweet, anyone else getting this? We need to do a TPWW tournament fast!

Funky Fly
05-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Cube one is a decent arcade soccer game. Definitely Mario Kart + *insert your soccer franchise here*

To anyone who played the cube version... did Daisy seem like she was on speed or something? She sounds and acts so ridiculous. Well, they all do, but especially her.

G
05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
cube version was awesome. def gonna have to pick this up

G
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
wait wait wait no. you got me excited about this, only to find out it's released in europe next week.

Impeccable
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
I will be picking this up on release date!!!! I sure as hell love a good football (soccer) game but when it's filled to burting with fat Italian plumbers and giant lizards, I must have it!

PapaGeorgio
05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Plan to get it, they really need a voice chat for there online games. Researched the game last night, looks good. Never played cube version but still should be awesome. Can't wait for a mario tennis online game, that'll be a good day.

Vietnamese Crippler
05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
wait wait wait no. you got me excited about this, only to find out it's released in europe next week.

Yea, the Europeans get a game first for once ;)

But I agree with Dave, we need to get a tournament going when the game releases in the states :drool:

PapaGeorgio
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know if there will be voice chats for any Wii games in the future? Nintendo is a retard when it comes to online play btw.

Dave Youell
05-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Yea, the Europeans get a game first for once ;)

But I agree with Dave, we need to get a tournament going when the game releases in the states :drool:
What's the point with playing america, they are rubbish at soccer

DAMN iNATOR
05-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Oh, and how do we know whatever nation you're from isn't?:rant: :roll:

Funky Fly
05-17-2007, 06:37 PM
He's from the UK. They have have soccer stars coming out of their ears.

Mike the Metal Ed
05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
None of which play for Bristol City because they sold Leroy Lita. Even we have Iain Hume and Patrick Kisnorbo.

Mike the Metal Ed
05-17-2007, 06:48 PM

World Cup resu... oh, wait... :'(

Funky Fly
05-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I was just saying you have so many that you're even exporting them to the US for obscene amounts os money now.

Mike the Metal Ed
05-17-2007, 06:52 PM
We're even exporting Andy Welsh over. If Peter Canero can't break into the MLS, then he has no chance.

Vietnamese Crippler
05-17-2007, 11:41 PM

In real life, yes, but you never know about video games! :p

Dave Youell
05-18-2007, 03:47 AM
In real life, yes, but you never know about video games! :p
There's a difference?

Can't wait for Manhunt 2 to come out so I can kill all my co-workers and blame it on Nintendo

Dave Youell
05-18-2007, 03:48 AM
None of which play for Bristol City because they sold Leroy Lita. Even we have Iain Hume and Patrick Kisnorbo.
:foc:

It was supply and demand! We had to sell him, we get you guys twice next year, your going down! Once you get around to getting a new manager of course

Dave Youell
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I would just like to confirm that this game is fucking awesome. That is all

Vietnamese Crippler
05-25-2007, 02:31 PM
We don't get it until July 30 :mad:

Impeccable
05-26-2007, 05:13 AM
I would just like to confirm that this game is fucking awesome. That is all

I concur.

Think Mariokart but for footie instead of racing.

Also, I swear, some people have stayed up ALL night playing this game to get as good as they are. Just got thrashed 15-1 by someone 800 places further up the ranking than me.

I have broken the monopoly of the top 2000 though!!! I was ranked 1976 last time I checked.

Dave Youell
05-26-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm having problems getting it online, it gets to the stage where it says it's checking my stats then it fails everytime, quite frustrating really

Impeccable
05-26-2007, 07:05 AM
That nay be because of the sheer amount of people buying the game today and getting online. I've just been kicked off for the first time due to lost connection and now I can't get on because stats aren't loading.

Dave Youell
05-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I got on few a few hours and now it's saying I can't connect to the database, dammit.

Your right though, some of those online players are scary

Impeccable
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I'm getting error 98020 constantly now.

My arms ache.

Dave Youell
05-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Sweet mother of fuck this thing is addictive, for such a simple game in theory.

I've found that there's different ways to approach the game play.

First there's route 1 football, get it to your captain or sidekick and go for the super strike. Garenteed a goal if it comes off.

There's the pass it on the floor tactic, if your facing a defensive captin (like DK) you don't stand a chance as you'll get pushed off the ball with ease.

There's the Brazilian way, which looks sexy as hell, keep vollying the ball between each other till the ball is white and overhead kick it through the net.

I just played it for another 3 hours without even realizing, scary!

It looks like I can't get online again right now, prob need to call it a day as my wrist is killing me from constant tackles.

Overall this game has exceeded my expectations, and there were pretty fucking high in the first place, they just need to make the online stuff better.

And they need to set up some knock out tournaments online as well

Dave Youell
06-07-2007, 07:25 AM
My Mario code is: 347993051514 if anyone fancys a game

And after a tough first few days, the online stuff has been fine, hasn't dropped off once.

My preffer Team of choice is currently:

Boo in defense

The Beaver thing and Hammer Bros in midfield

With Mario/Luigi as captin.

Beaver is the best striker by far and Hammer Bros super strike is un stoppable.

Plus once Mario has the ball and goes all big, it's a given your getting some super strikes in there

Dave Youell
06-09-2007, 06:22 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

I just beat the guy at Number 1!!

First game he creamed me 7 - 0

The I changed tactics and won the next one 5 - 4

Then after going 2 goals clear it went back to 4 - 4 then over time, 1 Mario volley later it was all over.

I was jumping and screaming all over the place. No video game has ever made me feel this good

Impeccable
06-10-2007, 04:40 PM
I bow down and worship you. You would fucking cream me on this game...I struggle to beat anyone in the top 1500. I'll post my mario strikers code later.

G
06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

I just beat the guy at Number 1!!

First game he creamed me 7 - 0

The I changed tactics and won the next one 5 - 4

Then after going 2 goals clear it went back to 4 - 4 then over time, 1 Mario volley later it was all over.

I was jumping and screaming all over the place. No video game has ever made me feel this good

you should have totally taken a picture of the screen!!!!!!!!1

i want this game :(

Kapoutman
06-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, my brother and I enjoyed the first one, but Youell just sold me on this one.

Dave Youell
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Get it, you will not be disappointed, i promise

Dave Youell
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
And if I did take a pic it wouldn't of mattered, you only see who you are playing right at the start, so I could of beaten anyone and i'd still have no proof.

PapaGeorgio
06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Pretty excited for this game, but alas must keep waiting. Any tips on waiting for shit Europeans. You guys must be most patient continent.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-14-2007, 01:38 PM
YES, got it. :cool:

274980 309748

Dave, your Brizzl Zoidermen or whatever are going down in the Championship and on Wii.