PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle

dude extreme
05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
The current situation is totally confusing. With the NWA no longer with TNA, I wanted to know that who was the new champ. So I go to the title history section of Tnawrestling.com to find Abyss as the final Champ. Now as far as I remember Christian was the Champ prior to Angle. So I go to nwawrestling.com to find Christian as the final TNA NWA Champ. After that the NWA has withdrawn from TNA. WTF is Angle's photo doing over the NWA title history section. Angle was holding the NWA belt after Sacrifice. Discuss.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Angle won the NWA title, and THEN TNA withdrew.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 07:55 AM
And incidentally, TNA's title history area is always confusing.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I actually think the NWA stripped Christian Cage and Team 3D of the belts before Angle won the NWA Title, so technically he may not actually be a former Champ, which kind of sucks, because he deserves that honour in his career.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 01:22 PM
But yeah, I think the first TNA World Heavyweight Champion is going to be decided at Slammiversary. Now I am going to go onto TNA's official site, and get confused by what they try and feed me.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
To me, it just looks like they haven't updated their site.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I actually think the NWA stripped Christian Cage and Team 3D of the belts before Angle won the NWA Title, so technically he may not actually be a former Champ, which kind of sucks, because he deserves that honour in his career.

Hm. I'll be damned.

Mr. Nerfect
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Hm. I'll be damned.

The NWA Director ended up saying something like "We wish them the best in future endeavours," and I almost cracked up laughing, because it sounded like the NWA just released TNA.

They don't really have any authority these days, so TNA should just claim Kurt Angle is a former WWE, WCW and NWA Champ, anyway.

Theo Dious
05-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I just watched that video over in the YouTube thread. The whole thing seems to have been rather kayfabey.